PDA

View Full Version : Quick Thoughts: I see a Lifeless Football Program

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2019, 03:27 PM
Ok, we all knew we would lose today, but many of us wanted to see progress. We wanted to see a team compete in it's own stadium & put some things together that gave you hope that the program is moving in the right direction. That we did not see that today & we looked lifeless in the process.

- We gained 274 total yards today while Alabama has given up on average 335 yards per game.

- JoMo's offense simply doesn't work. As we saw in Mullen's & Freeze's first years, good offenses, regardless of talent, put pressure on the defense. We don't do that.

- Starting Tommy Stevens today & likely for the rest of the season is a horrific mistake by JoMo & just adds to my theory that he lacks sound decision making skills. Shrader is the future & significantly more talented yet, with his red shirt already blown, we aren't even giving him more experience. It lacks any logic to me.

- Shrader went 17-28 for 238 vs LSU, a team that beat Bama last week, & yet he doesn't play today. Regardless of how Shrader got those yards vs LSU, he did it & to anyone with a brain, he's clearly more decisive with the football & entirely more athletic. Tommy ducks his head & plays scared.

- The defense looked non-competitive today. Out of position & getting blown by. Bama's WR are ridiculous though.

- It's clear that Joey Jones is getting fired because Joe has given up on special teams. Today's special teams of pooch kicking off & fair catching every time that the head coach has given up on the special teams coach getting things fixed. Today's strategy was to just mitigate damage & it kind of worked.

Overall, I just don't see any direction or an inkling that this program is headed in the right direction. I just don't see any evidence. The offense doesn't work, at least not for us &, tutor gate or not, Joe just struggles to get his team ready to play. I have no idea if we'll win the Egg Bowl or not. My guess is that we'll be up for that one with our tutor gate guys back & have a good chance to win. That game may save Joe's job for a year, but this program isn't going anywhere under Joe. He simply doesn't have the secret sauce that makes good coaches good coaches. There is no evidence & I fully expect him to be fired following 2020, if he makes it that long.

For MSU fans, I don't know what to tell you. I'm usually the guy that says everyone needs to go to games & support the program, but at this point I don't know what you'd be supporting. There is no life in the program to support. Today was a glorified scrimmage that lacked any semblance of pride or passion.

Todd4State
11-16-2019, 03:30 PM
He clearly plays favorites. That’s a huge problem.

Todd4State
11-16-2019, 03:31 PM
And he lacks the leadership and management qualities to lead a football team. He may be a good offensive coordinator but he can not lead a team. He may know we need to be more physical but he can’t get it out of the players.

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2019, 03:32 PM
Does Tommy have naked pictures? This is just horrible judgement by the head coach. Makes no sense

This is what happens when coaches put too much emphasis on non-contact practice instead of who actually creates offense in games where players actually hit each other

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2019, 03:33 PM
He clearly plays favorites. That’s a huge problem.

Agree. He lacks leadership decision making skills. He consistently makes poor decisions

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-16-2019, 03:34 PM
Agreed on all fronts. The sideline shots of the team were terrifying, nobody seemed to care or have energy. Half the team as ignoring the game. I expect more excitement, energy, and focus during spring scrimmage

msstate7
11-16-2019, 03:37 PM
Joe just keeping his word... he promised the job to Stevens

Todd4State
11-16-2019, 03:39 PM

If he keeps his promise and loses his job then he’s an idiot.

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2019, 03:39 PM

I think this is a strong strong possibility. It makes doesn't make sense any other way

Mjoelner34
11-16-2019, 03:45 PM
I agree with all of that with the exception of the fair catches. There is nobody on our team with the speed required to take one all the way so we're best starting at the 25 if that's what they're going to give us. We've started inside the 15 probably 80% of the time we've tried to run with it.

TrapGame
11-16-2019, 03:49 PM
Joe is a hardheaded my way coach.

If it is true that Hud and Johnson came up with the infamous Auburn game plan of 2018 then Joe should have been fired last season.

starkvegasdawg
11-16-2019, 03:58 PM
If he keeps his promise and loses his job then he’s an idiot.

But he'd be a useful idiot.

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2019, 04:02 PM
Can anyone think of one correct button that Joe has pushed this season?

Just one?

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-16-2019, 04:11 PM

Just one?

Uh.... he's making an effort to get Hill the ball? Even then I can't say he's doing a good job of it since we don't sue screens or swing passes much. Uhhh.... he hasn't interfered with Shoop/the defensive side? Yeah that's as good as I've got

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-16-2019, 04:12 PM
And once again we won't take one iota advantage of a crippled, probation riddled rival in our own state. It seems like we're the one who went through 4 years of investigation instead of them. Makes me sick that we haven't taken advantage of their situation. And before anyone says we shouldn't measure ourselves against them, let me remind you that they are the first measure on that stick that we have to surpass before we get to any other programs on that stick. And we can't even do that. Wish I had never heard the name Joe Moorhead.

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2019, 04:15 PM
And once again we won't take one iota advantage of a crippled, probation riddled rival in our own state. It seems like we're the one who went through 4 years of investigation instead of them. Makes me sick that we haven't taken advantage of their situation. And before anyone says we shouldn't measure ourselves against them, let me remind you that they are the first measure on that stick that we have to surpass before we get to any other programs on that stick. And we can't even do that. Wish I had never heard the name Joe Moorhead.

What we found out with the OM situation is that the guys they would normally get in recruiting go out of state if they don't go to OM instead of coming to MSU

Homedawg
11-16-2019, 04:31 PM
He's making it easier to get home after the games. Traffic was cake. 6 mins car to door. Wonderful.

Rick Danko
11-16-2019, 04:32 PM
My god how many threads do you start per day?

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-16-2019, 04:34 PM
What we found out with the OM situation is that the guys they would normally get in recruiting go out of state if they don't go to OM instead of coming to MSU

Which makes sense: OM is a party school with elitist students, and the football program is known for flashiness and not physicality. State is a blue collar school that doesnt have the same party culture, hot girls, and the FB team is built on hard work.

So yeah, the kinds of players that go to OM are so polar opposite of what we attract that they won't come here if OM is down.

BeardoMSU
11-16-2019, 04:40 PM

Just one?

Depends...Does his toilet have a button on top or lever on the side?**

BeardoMSU
11-16-2019, 04:41 PM
Which makes sense: OM is a party school with elitist students, and the football program is known for flashiness and not physicality. State is a blue collar school that doesnt have the same party culture, hot girls, and the FB team is built on hard work.

So yeah, the kinds of players that go to OM are so polar opposite of what we attract that they won't come here if OM is down.

Plenty of parties and hot girls at State, lol.

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2019, 04:45 PM
My god how many threads do you start per day?

I've actually only started a couple this week.

CoachT14
11-16-2019, 04:46 PM

The people who think we are some angel school here at State are the worst.

Coursesuper
11-16-2019, 04:50 PM

No shit, I partied my butt right into the USMC quite successfully.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-16-2019, 05:00 PM

OF course but that's not what we're known for, and it's not to the same degree as OM

Cowbell
11-16-2019, 05:09 PM
Depends...Does his toilet have a button on top or lever on the side?**

From what I have seen on the field, I would say neither. It has overflowed onto the field...

Rick Danko
11-16-2019, 05:19 PM
I've actually only started a couple this week.

You?ve started a couple today.....

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2019, 05:21 PM
You?ve started a couple today.....

Yes, but by saying "a day" you were insinuating that I start multiple threads every day

Additionally, my threads typically get more responses & views than most anyone's but C34. Do it appears as though your opinion on my thread starting is a minority opinion

TUSK
11-16-2019, 05:27 PM
No shit, I partied my butt right into the USMC quite successfully.

I had the same "major" at Bammer.... Belated Happy B'day, buddy....

R2Dawg
11-16-2019, 07:03 PM
Uh.... he's making an effort to get Hill the ball? Even then I can't say he's doing a good job of it since we don't sue screens or swing passes much. Uhhh.... he hasn't interfered with Shoop/the defensive side? Yeah that's as good as I've got

If he was a good coach, I'd say he needs to interfere on the D but he has big problems on O.

Lord McBuckethead
11-16-2019, 07:08 PM
I was sitting in section 4 today. Some old Boomer in front of me gave me a SHHHH gesture after I talked shit about a very bad play call and execution. It was when we were down 21-7 and we needed 3 yards for a first down. Fighting a 9 player box, joe has our entire team get in tight formation, and then proceeded to hand it off directly up the middle. I made the comment that was a dumb play call and that asshole shhhhhed me. What a tool bag. If you can't talk a little shit about our playcalling and execution from 38 rows back, 17 that guy.

Lord McBuckethead
11-16-2019, 07:15 PM
If he keeps his promise and loses his job then he?s an idiot.
Look at it this way, Shrader will be healthy against the other two, that we need to win.