PDA

View Full Version : Ready for the JoMo era to end

Indndawg
11-16-2019, 01:16 PM
So sick of this

msudawg1200
11-16-2019, 01:23 PM
You’ll have to wait until next November, because our “leaders” ain’t firing him this year.

Homedawg
11-16-2019, 01:26 PM
It took you until now??

Bothrops
11-16-2019, 01:34 PM
This team is softer than Monica Lewinsky's lips.

TrapGame
11-16-2019, 01:41 PM
You’ll have to wait until next November, because our “leaders” ain’t firing him this year.

If we lose to OM and they still keep his ass these leaders will be begging for home attendance next season. It will be Croom level bad.

Indndawg
11-16-2019, 01:41 PM
It took you until now??

This is too much. This man has not only tore down the program but buried it. We are terrible

DogsofAnarchy
11-16-2019, 01:43 PM
If we lose to OM and they still keep his ass these leaders will be begging for home attendance next season. It will be Croom level bad.

Ohhh No. Make no mistake. Fans came to games for Croom. They won’t for this garbage.

timotheus
11-16-2019, 02:18 PM
quit sending money and spending

msu15
11-16-2019, 02:21 PM
Ohhh No. Make no mistake. Fans came to games for Croom. They won’t for this garbage.

Not in 2008, I was at every one of them. I could lean front and back

MetEdDawg
11-16-2019, 02:23 PM
quit sending money and spending

This is so dumb. Limiting the potential of our university is dumb.

Do you think athletic departments won't fire people if folks show up to games?

I've never understood this concept. Hey let's not give the university money so we can try to get better even though we are already behind every other SEC program in funding.

Stupidity.

msstate7
11-16-2019, 02:26 PM

I've never understood this concept. Hey let's not give the university money so we can try to get better even though we are already behind every other SEC program in funding.

Stupidity.

If you don't like what the athletic program is doing, why should you give them money?

Bubb Rubb
11-16-2019, 02:37 PM

Stupidity.

Better yet, keep giving them money so they can keep misusing it.

?A fool and his money are soon parted.?

MetEdDawg
11-16-2019, 02:45 PM
If you don't like what the athletic program is doing, why should you give them money?

Because you put us further in a hole. It's so dumb. We aren't firing Moorhead today. Our university needs money to compete. Period.

We are last. Dead last in the conference in revenue. So you hamstring us more by rescinding money? As a middle tier university I've never understood this. We need every red cent we can get to compete. But go ahead and boycott. Pretend like not going actually makes the university make a decision this year.

Homedawg
11-16-2019, 03:01 PM

If we lose to ole miss he will not be our coach next year.

msstate7
11-16-2019, 03:04 PM

Then the egg bowl is win/win... gotta admit the bigger win may be a loss though

Cooterpoot
11-16-2019, 03:05 PM

He’s not getting fired. It would take a beat down to get him fired.

Indndawg
11-16-2019, 03:10 PM
Because you put us further in a hole. It's so dumb. We aren't firing Moorhead today. Our university needs money to compete. Period.

We are last. Dead last in the conference in revenue. So you hamstring us more by rescinding money? As a middle tier university I've never understood this. We need every red cent we can get to compete. But go ahead and boycott. Pretend like not going actually makes the university make a decision this year.

while I hate JoMo and what he's done, taking away $ will hurt the WBT, baseball, MBT and others. I just want JoMo gone and by extension IB

TrapGame
11-16-2019, 03:19 PM

I can't see him surviving a loss to om. Even if it's by less than a touchdown. Everything Mullen built has been destroyed.

MrKotter
11-16-2019, 03:21 PM
Better yet, keep giving them money so they can keep misusing it.

?A fool and his money are soon parted.?
You cannot be as stupid as you act on here?

Coursesuper
11-16-2019, 03:36 PM

When we lose to them.

Todd4State
11-16-2019, 03:36 PM
He’s not getting fired. It would take a beat down to get him fired.

I doubt it. Joe has made too many people mad. All it will take is another half ass effort in the Egg Bowl and then Keenum will be against him too.

Todd4State
11-16-2019, 03:38 PM
while I hate JoMo and what he's done, taking away $ will hurt the WBT, baseball, MBT and others. I just want JoMo gone and by extension IB

I believe you can earmark your givings. You can say spend it on baseball and not football or whatever you want.

HailStateSZN19
11-16-2019, 03:40 PM
I have ZERO confidence that if we lose to OM that we will pull the trigger and let him go. I just don’t. I think he’s here next year unless we lose the EB 45-0 which ain’t happening. I don’t agree with it. IF we lose by any margin to OM at home, I’d get rid of him then. But I have zero confidence our leadership would pull the trigger and we’re not lucky enough for him to look to get out himself or someone come poach him from us sadly.

Todd4State
11-16-2019, 03:43 PM
I have ZERO confidence that if we lose to OM that we will pull the trigger and let him go. I just don’t. I think he’s here next year unless we lose the EB 45-0 which ain’t happening. I don’t agree with it. IF we lose by any margin to OM at home, I’d get rid of him then. But I have zero confidence our leadership would pull the trigger and we’re not lucky enough for him to look to get out himself or someone come poach him from us sadly.

Our leadership may not. But they also don’t really call the shots.

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2019, 03:45 PM
Then the egg bowl is win/win... gotta admit the bigger win may be a loss though

This

He sinks so it's either he's getting fired after the Egg Bowl or after next season

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2019, 03:46 PM
If Joe doesn't get fired after the Egg Bowl, then we've got a lame duck coach in 2020

parabrave
11-16-2019, 03:47 PM
I wish someone would ask him WTF did you do for the past 2 weeks. Saban played the 2nd half to not get anyone hurt otherwise he would have broke it off.

HailStateSZN19
11-16-2019, 03:49 PM
Our leadership may not. But they also don’t really call the shots.

Let me phrase it better, I don’t think Keemun nor the boosters will make a move this year (have no inside knowledge nor do I know any boosters). I seriously think we’re stuck with him next year. Hope I’m wrong especially if we lose the EB but I don’t have a great feeling about it.

OLJWales
11-16-2019, 03:57 PM
If Joe doesn't get fired after the Egg Bowl, then we've got a lame duck coach in 2020

Good point. One of the best MSU things in my football lifetime was the ass kicking OM put on us that was the last game Croom ever coached here.

Going to be an interesting Egg Bowl or should we say Futility Bowl this year. Luke's locked in another year while JOMO's fighting for his next paycheck.

Todd4State
11-16-2019, 04:08 PM
Let me phrase it better, I don’t think Keemun nor the boosters will make a move this year (have no inside knowledge nor do I know any boosters). I seriously think we’re stuck with him next year. Hope I’m wrong especially if we lose the EB but I don’t have a great feeling about it.

Well, Keenum didn’t extend Dan in 2015 for losing the Egg Bowl basically. I’ll just put that out there.

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2019, 04:08 PM
Good point. One of the best MSU things in my football lifetime was the ass kicking OM put on us that was the last game Croom ever coached here.

Going to be an interesting Egg Bowl or should we say Futility Bowl this year. Luke's locked in another year while JOMO's fighting for his next paycheck.

Which is why it kind of sucks that Ole Miss is keeping Luke. They'll kill us in recruiting if we fire Moorhead now

Homedawg
11-16-2019, 04:27 PM
He?s not getting fired. It would take a beat down to get him fired.

We gonna find out...

Homedawg
11-16-2019, 04:28 PM

And therefore you would be wrong.

DownwardDawg
11-16-2019, 04:32 PM

Yep

HailStateSZN19
11-16-2019, 04:39 PM

Like I said, I hope I am wrong. I know you’re one on here that has good info so I pay attention when you say something. Hope you’re right and it is as simple as lose the EB and he’s gone. It’s gonna be interesting to see how it plays out for sure. But you are saying that boosters or whoever are indeed willing to pay up to get rid of him if we lose the EB?

Randolph Dupree
11-16-2019, 04:40 PM
There is unrest. Not sure it is widespread enough yet. Don't know Keenum's position.

Coursesuper
11-16-2019, 04:46 PM
There is unrest. Not sure it is widespread enough yet. Don't know Keenum's position.

I know he ain’t happy. I know there’s no love loss between he and those that put our AD in place. The thing we have to watch now is who wins this time. Those that put Cohen in place or the ones with real money.

trob115
11-16-2019, 04:53 PM
You misspelled ?error?.

Turfdawg67
11-16-2019, 05:32 PM
How apropos that the Rutgers and the MSU halftime scores were exactly the same... 35-7. Please let this be a sign!!

Randolph Dupree
11-16-2019, 05:33 PM
I know he ain’t happy. I know there’s no love loss between he and those that put our AD in place. The thing we have to watch now is who wins this time. Those that put Cohen in place or the ones with real money.

Yup

timotheus
11-16-2019, 05:37 PM
They are mumbling to themselves but are they mumbling loud enough for Cohen to listen?

Quaoarsking
11-16-2019, 06:01 PM
I suspect he doesn't get fired no matter what, but a win in the Egg Bowl probably gets a Big 10 team to choose him. So the Egg Bowl is THAT big for us.

Homedawg
11-16-2019, 06:06 PM
I suspect he doesn't get fired no matter what, but a win in the Egg Bowl probably gets a Big 10 team to choose him. So the Egg Bowl is THAT big for us.

I'm going to say this ONE more time, if we lose the egg bowl he's gone. Y'all carry on...

timotheus
11-16-2019, 06:09 PM
Hope Homedawg is correct

TrapGame
11-16-2019, 06:15 PM
I'm going to say this ONE more time, if we lose the egg bowl he's gone. Y'all carry on...

I don't doubt it at all.

TrapGame
11-16-2019, 06:20 PM

The absolute best case scenario would be win the EB, finish 6-6 and he takes a Big10 or Big East head coaching job.

CadaverDawg
11-16-2019, 06:27 PM

The fact that the Egg Bowl will determine this, makes me think John Cohen should be on the hot seat with him. What the hell does beating Ole Miss change? We are still a shit program under Joe, just means we were fortunate to have played 6 shittier programs this year. And before we start the "MSU can't fire a coach that wins 6" BS, I'm not buying it....there's not a media member or sports fan in the country that would shame us for firing Joe Moorhead after this season, even if we win 6. None.

Todd4State
11-16-2019, 06:50 PM
I know he ain?t happy. I know there?s no love loss between he and those that put our AD in place. The thing we have to watch now is who wins this time. Those that put Cohen in place or the ones with real money.

I have a feeling that the ones with money are going to use this to teach those that put Cohen in place a lesson.

Hopefully they won?t make the rest of us suffer in the process.

Todd4State
11-16-2019, 06:52 PM
The fact that the Egg Bowl will determine this, makes me think John Cohen should be on the hot seat with him. What the hell does beating Ole Miss change? We are still a shit program under Joe, just means we were fortunate to have played 6 shittier programs this year. And before we start the "MSU can't fire a coach that wins 6" BS, I'm not buying it....there's not a media member or sports fan in the country that would shame us for firing Joe Moorhead after this season, even if we win 6. None.

I wouldn’t fire Cohen yet. But he needs to show a lot of improvement because I’m getting there. Time to start shitting or get off the pot.

R2Dawg
11-16-2019, 06:55 PM
I have a feeling that the ones with money are going to use this to teach those that put Cohen in place a lesson.

Hopefully they won?t make the rest of us suffer in the process.

I thought the ones with money are the one who put Cohen there based on some other posts.

Todd4State
11-16-2019, 07:48 PM
I thought the ones with money are the one who put Cohen there based on some other posts.

Not really.

Todd4State
11-16-2019, 07:49 PM
Hope Homedawg is correct

I’m pretty sure he is. No reason not to believe it with the other rumors out there. LT doesn’t run the AD anymore.

Quaoarsking
11-16-2019, 08:05 PM

Hopefully we'll never know if you're right or not.

War Machine Dawg
11-16-2019, 09:50 PM
I wouldn’t fire Cohen yet. But he needs to show a lot of improvement because I’m getting there. Time to start shitting or get off the pot.

The only thing Cohen has shown me he's capable of doing is hiring a baseball coach. Everything else has been a disaster.

Todd4State
11-16-2019, 09:52 PM
The only thing Cohen has shown me he's capable of doing is hiring a baseball coach. Everything else has been a disaster.

Even that wasn’t exactly well done. He hired a guy that got fired after one year. And then he ran his mouth on the radio before hiring Lemonis. Which was very unfair to Lemonis.

War Machine Dawg
11-16-2019, 11:52 PM
Even that wasn’t exactly well done. He hired a guy that got fired after one year. And then he ran his mouth on the radio before hiring Lemonis. Which was very unfair to Lemonis.

I have a little bit of sympathy for the Lemonis search. I really believe that Schlossnagle or MacDonnel had told him they'd take the job. So Cohen speaks out based on that, then whoever it was got cold feet or was Godfathered and backed out on him. But still, he probably should've had the sense to keep his mouth shut until the ink was dry on a contract. Being a former coach, he should know things can always change rapidly.

maroonmania
11-17-2019, 12:06 AM
Let me phrase it better, I don?t think Keemun nor the boosters will make a move this year (have no inside knowledge nor do I know any boosters). I seriously think we?re stuck with him next year. Hope I?m wrong especially if we lose the EB but I don?t have a great feeling about it.

I believe you are correct primarily because of tutorgate. Our coaching staff was a little hamstrung this year with personnel because of the suspensions so I think that will be enough to give the benefit of the doubt to at least get one more year. i personally think we have seen what we need to see to know JoMo is not the guy, but I don't think he gets fired having to coach through losing so many players from a suspension that the staff had no control over.

Goldendawg
11-17-2019, 12:09 AM
I was ready for it to end after 30 or so attempted passes in the rain last year against Kentucky. BTW, his post game excuses and continual promises to fix things make me want to throw up. Listen to it. Actually made our less than 100 yards passing today sound like a successful thing. I guess I don't understand his offense either.

DogsofAnarchy
11-17-2019, 12:10 AM
I believe you can earmark your givings. You can say spend it on baseball and not football or whatever you want.

No you can’t.

HailStateSZN19
11-17-2019, 12:10 AM
I believe you are correct primarily because of tutorgate. Our coaching staff was a little hamstrung this year with personnel because of the suspensions so I think that will be enough to give the benefit of the doubt to at least get one more year. i personally think we have seen what we need to see to know JoMo is not the guy, but I don't think he gets fired having to coach through losing so many players from a suspension that the staff had no control over.

I don’t agree with it AT ALL, it just seems like that’s about how it will go for us. I’ve tried to be patient and optimistic if at all possible as I’m generally an optimistic person. But I’ve been done since the KSU game and it’s just been a steady decline since then and it’s so damn obvious to everyone but a select few fans that he ain’t it and needs to go. It’s painful to watch us play competent teams. It literally depresses me to watch our offense suck so bad. It’s self-torture watching it but hell what can I do, I’m a die-hard State fan/grad so by gosh I’m gonna watch it. Doesn’t mean I have to like what product is on the field though and it’s just been a steady decline and we’re wrecking what Mullen built for 9 years.

Goldendawg
11-17-2019, 12:11 AM

Tell me again. How many of the Tutor 10 have stopped his offensive powerhouse this year?

DogsofAnarchy
11-17-2019, 12:11 AM

How many of those players were starters? How many of those players were starters on Offense?

maroonmania
11-17-2019, 12:17 AM
How many of those players were starters? How many of those players were starters on Offense?

None, but several were defensive and special teams starters. Look, I'm not saying the suspensions are a LEGITIMATE excuse for us to be as bad as we are, I"m just saying I don't think our administration will have what it takes to make the change after only 2 years given that Tutorgate put us at a disadvantage from the get go this year.

Goldendawg
11-17-2019, 12:20 AM
None, but several were defensive and special teams starters. Look, I'm not saying the suspensions are a LEGITIMATE excuse for us to be as bad as we are, I"m just saying I don't think our administration will have what it takes to make the change after only 2 years given that Tutorgate put us at a disadvantage from the get go this year.

Especially after said administration gave him a rai$e and added another year to his contract after turning a possible 10 win team into an 8-5 year of under-achievement.

Todd4State
11-17-2019, 12:23 AM
I have a little bit of sympathy for the Lemonis search. I really believe that Schlossnagle or MacDonnel had told him they'd take the job. So Cohen speaks out based on that, then whoever it was got cold feet or was Godfathered and backed out on him. But still, he probably should've had the sense to keep his mouth shut until the ink was dry on a contract. Being a former coach, he should know things can always change rapidly.

That was an inexperienced and impulsive move by our ?leader?. By saying what he did on the radio he killed any leverage we may have had. And you never really know until the ink is dry. Actually to me that was a big mistake.

Todd4State
11-17-2019, 12:24 AM

Three on defense. He has the QB injury excuse card on offense though.

Goldendawg
11-17-2019, 12:25 AM

His deck of excuse cards is now up to 52 this year and he is the added Joker!

Todd4State
11-17-2019, 01:18 AM
His deck of excuse cards is now up to 52 this year and he is the added Joker!

Absolutely. He has excuses (some legit, some not) for potentially coming back. He also has legit reasons to be let go. Special teams and S&C are easily fixed but are in some ways putting lipstick on a pig because both have very little to do with game day preparation and getting the team to play hard.

RougeDawg
11-17-2019, 01:36 AM
I can't see him surviving a loss to om. Even if it's by less than a touchdown. Everything Mullen built has been destroyed.

Was destroyed in 2018. This season is just a flex seal repair on the 2nd Slytanic.

RougeDawg
11-17-2019, 01:40 AM

Because our pathetic fans like getting kicked in the dicks and asking for more. That?s why we are where we are. Pathetic ass pansies who allowed LT even one day as AD. Would rather be the nice guy than a winner. Carry on losers. Thank God you don?t work for me. But you never would in the first place.

RougeDawg
11-17-2019, 01:42 AM
Well, Keenum didn?t extend Dan in 2015 for losing the Egg Bowl basically. I?ll just put that out there.

Todd. Don?t post facts for people. It?s a waste of time. They will believe their own mental truths over facts every day of the week.

Schultzy
11-17-2019, 09:18 AM
0-21 with 9:18 left in 1st quarter AU

0-14 with 12:50 left in 1st quarter Alabama

Lost to pathetic Tennessee

We really Need to make a change regardless of egg.

DovaDawg
11-17-2019, 09:31 AM
So many good coaches on the market this year and we will wait until next year when the market will be crap.

CoachT14
11-17-2019, 09:34 AM
Absolutely. He has excuses (some legit, some not) for potentially coming back. He also has legit reasons to be let go. Special teams and S&C are easily fixed but are in some ways putting lipstick on a pig because both have very little to do with game day preparation and getting the team to play hard.

My whole thing with Tutorgate is this: If Moorhead meets expectations last year, then we aren't even quite talking about firing. Two straight years of complete ineptitude makes that conversation completely different.

If he goes out and wins 10-11 games last year, everyone is happy and tutorgate happens. Expectations for 2019 will be hampered a little bit, but we would be more understanding. Instead he wins 8 games, loses to Kentucky (who was a good team, but we shouldn't have lost that game with our defense), Florida, and the Iowa debacle. That is completely underachieving with that talent you had. Then he comes out this year (with two of his guys at QB) and completely shits the bed. Our team, time and time again, looks flat, uninterested, and undisciplined in multiple games. That's not tutorgate, that's a coaching staff not holding players accountable.

Had you told me tutorgate happened last season, I could've been completely fine with the 8 wins, but with what we had last season, anything less than 10 is unacceptable and means you did absolutely nothing to enhance the talent you had.

Bubb Rubb
11-17-2019, 10:06 AM
You cannot be as stupid as you act on here?

What did I say that was stupid? Your melt is curious.

msstate7
11-17-2019, 10:09 AM
Delete

tcdog70
11-17-2019, 11:36 AM
Damn, all this Mullen love. Shit,just a couple years ago he won 5 games. And We never stopped Arkansas one time. They scored on every possession. He lost to Ole Miss with Dak. He wasn't that great. He did beat teams that were worse than us (except South Al, while wearing shorts). JoMO being shitty doesn't make Dan better.

BuckyIsAB****
11-17-2019, 12:01 PM

Bull. So does 100 other teams. It is your job to have your backups ready

Todd4State
11-17-2019, 12:11 PM
My whole thing with Tutorgate is this: If Moorhead meets expectations last year, then we aren't even quite talking about firing. Two straight years of complete ineptitude makes that conversation completely different.

If he goes out and wins 10-11 games last year, everyone is happy and tutorgate happens. Expectations for 2019 will be hampered a little bit, but we would be more understanding. Instead he wins 8 games, loses to Kentucky (who was a good team, but we shouldn't have lost that game with our defense), Florida, and the Iowa debacle. That is completely underachieving with that talent you had. Then he comes out this year (with two of his guys at QB) and completely shits the bed. Our team, time and time again, looks flat, uninterested, and undisciplined in multiple games. That's not tutorgate, that's a coaching staff not holding players accountable.

Had you told me tutorgate happened last season, I could've been completely fine with the 8 wins, but with what we had last season, anything less than 10 is unacceptable and means you did absolutely nothing to enhance the talent you had.

Bull. So does 100 other teams. It is your job to have your backups ready

I agree. I’m just saying what the excuses will be from a University level.

Really Clark?
11-17-2019, 12:32 PM
Damn, all this Mullen love. Shit,just a couple years ago he won 5 games. And We never stopped Arkansas one time. They scored on every possession. He lost to Ole Miss with Dak. He wasn't that great. He did beat teams that were worse than us (except South Al, while wearing shorts). JoMO being shitty doesn't make Dan better.

Yeah he made a bad DC hire...but he wasn’t going to live with it either. Sirmon was told to look elsewhere before our season ended. You could see the offense make strides the second half of the year. Heck we scored 35+ points is 5 of our last 6 regular season games in 2016. And blew out UM in the EB.

dawgday166
11-17-2019, 12:42 PM
Tell me again. How many of the Tutor 10 have stopped his offensive powerhouse this year?

A somewhat strong headwind will stop Joe's offense.

BuckyIsAB****
11-17-2019, 12:44 PM
A somewhat strong headwind will stop Joe's offense.

A passing of wind would stop his offense right now

dawgday166
11-17-2019, 12:45 PM
I wouldn?t fire Cohen yet. But he needs to show a lot of improvement because I?m getting there. Time to start shitting or get off the pot.

I'm not either but he didn't really do his research as well as he stated he did in hiring Joe.

dawgday166
11-17-2019, 12:46 PM
A passing of wind would stop his offense right now

LOL ... that too.

Dawgfan77
11-17-2019, 01:29 PM

Ok I was piss about USA yes, but let?s look at that season. We lost on a last second FG to USA and UK. Beat A M. Lost in double OT to BYU. We won 6 games with the bowl but with a young team and a horrible DC we still were competitive. Lost by 3 at LSU. Under SloMo we never had that kind of year. We have not been in any SEC game this year other than the two we won. SloMo is a disappointing disaster

R2Dawg
11-17-2019, 03:16 PM
Ok I was piss about USA yes, but let?s look at that season. We lost on a last second FG to USA and UK. Beat A M. Lost in double OT to BYU. We won 6 games with the bowl but with a young team and a horrible DC we still were competitive. Lost by 3 at LSU. Under SloMo we never had that kind of year. We have not been in any SEC game this year other than the two we won. SloMo is a disappointing disaster

That is looking like a career best year for Joe at this point. And no one needs to bring up Joe winning 8 last year. He should have won 10-11 with that D.

timotheus
11-17-2019, 04:09 PM
This is normal and should be expected from Joe.