PDA

View Full Version : Myles Garrett......

Liverpooldawg
11-14-2019, 11:58 PM
If it's not a permanent ban then then the NFL should disband. That was criminal assault and could have resulted in much worse than just a concussion.

TUSK
11-15-2019, 12:10 AM
If it's not a permanent ban then then the NFL should disband. That was criminal assault and could have resulted in much worse than just a concussion.

Ban football helmets.

Lock It,

Homedawg
11-15-2019, 12:30 AM
He done for the year

TUSK
11-15-2019, 12:39 AM
He done for the year

you really think he's gonna do a year in prison for aggravated assault?

don't get me wrong, he should... but I bet he just gets suspended a bit.

Rex54
11-15-2019, 12:43 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJY88j5XYAAUsET?format=jpg&name=large

SMDH.

Homedawg
11-15-2019, 01:07 AM

No I think he's gonna get suspended for the year. At worst 4 games.

TUSK
11-15-2019, 01:10 AM
No I think he's gonna get suspended for the year. At worst 4 games.

yeah, that'll teachem...

Littleman
11-15-2019, 05:23 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ooaxek8lES0&feature=youtu.be

somebodyshotmypaw
11-15-2019, 07:46 AM
The Browns have some real clowns. Jarvis Landry, OBJ, Garrett, Mayfield. I would pull my hair out if I was an owner or coach dealing with these morons. They should sign Kapernick just to complete the circus.

ZedFedder
11-15-2019, 08:02 AM
Not defending him whatsoever, but if you watch the video, I’d say Rudolph instigated it. Still, Garrett should be out for the year. No doubt about it.

Homedawg
11-15-2019, 08:34 AM

Hahah. No. I meant w the nfl for the year. Which the players association will fight hard so maybe 3/4 games.

Liverpooldawg
11-15-2019, 08:56 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJY88j5XYAAUsET?format=jpg&name=large

SMDH.

He may today. Last night he was interviewed though. He looked and sounded like a little kid back in my kid days who knew he did something bad waiting for Daddy to get home. He knows what's coming.

Westdawg
11-15-2019, 09:20 AM
Hahah. No. I meant w the nfl for the year. Which the players association will fight hard so maybe 3/4 games.

I don't think the NFLPA will try to limit whatever punishment is handed down - to all of those involved.
I think Garrett no doubt gets at least the rest of the season, and possibly a chunk of next year, as well, if not far worse. He used a piece of safety equipment as a weapon on another player - he's done.
I think Pouncey will receive at least 3-4 games and possibly the remainder of the season or even more. He was literally kicking Garrett in the head while Garrett was being held on the ground engaged in fighting with DeCastro.
DeCastro quite possibly will receive a one game suspension for his role at the end of the skirmish.
Ogunjobi will probably receive a 1 game suspension for shoving Rudolph to the ground at the end of the skirmish - always remember that the NFL will protect the QB.
Rudolph actually might receive a game suspension for trying to rip Garrett's helmet off when they initially went to the ground - probably not, but it is possible.
The Cleveland owners need to gut that whole team and coaching staff; it is a poop show at this point and what was laughable at how putrid they are is quickly turning into a cesspool of dangerous proportions

KOdawg1
11-15-2019, 09:27 AM
I don't care if Rudolph instigated it, you don't use a helmet like a weapon against someone whose head is exposed. That's pathetic.

And I knew the race card was going to be pulled, which makes this entire thing even more laughable.

Johnson85
11-15-2019, 09:43 AM
I don't think the NFLPA will try to limit whatever punishment is handed down - to all of those involved.
I think Garrett no doubt gets at least the rest of the season, and possibly a chunk of next year, as well, if not far worse. He used a piece of safety equipment as a weapon on another player - he's done.
I think Pouncey will receive at least 3-4 games and possibly the remainder of the season or even more. He was literally kicking Garrett in the head while Garrett was being held on the ground engaged in fighting with DeCastro.
DeCastro quite possibly will receive a one game suspension for his role at the end of the skirmish.
Ogunjobi will probably receive a 1 game suspension for shoving Rudolph to the ground at the end of the skirmish - always remember that the NFL will protect the QB.
Rudolph actually might receive a game suspension for trying to rip Garrett's helmet off when they initially went to the ground - probably not, but it is possible.
The Cleveland owners need to gut that whole team and coaching staff; it is a poop show at this point and what was laughable at how putrid they are is quickly turning into a cesspool of dangerous proportions

Rudolph probably needs a multiple game suspension. Unless there is something showing that happened prior to the video of Rudolph, it looks like Rudolph not only instigated the whole thing but also continued to escalate it by going after Garrett when Garrett was already being held back by two people and was being moved away from Rudolph. Plus somebody keeps saying that Rudolph kicked Garrett in the nuts. Haven't seen evidence of that, but if that's the case, then he really needs something close to what Garrett gets. Not as bad, but it needs to be significant. Can't go around kicking guys in the nuts and then act surprised when they lose their 17ing minds.

MadDawg
11-15-2019, 10:04 AM
Plus somebody keeps saying that Rudolph kicked Garrett in the nuts. Haven't seen evidence of that, but if that's the case, then he really needs something close to what Garrett gets.

Baaaaaahahahahahahhahahahahaaaaaaa. Hahahahahahahaaahahahaa ha ha ha ha haaa ha ahaaa hahahahahahahaha.

Oh, you were serious.

Johnson85
11-15-2019, 10:57 AM
Baaaaaahahahahahahhahahahahaaaaaaa. Hahahahahahahaaahahahaa ha ha ha ha haaa ha ahaaa hahahahahahahaha.

Oh, you were serious.

Life is hard when you're stupid. Try not to be stupid.

The NFL is a billion dollar business that needs it's players on the field. If you kick another player in the nuts and then chase him down to make sure he gets to take a shot at you, you are creating a major headache for the league, and if the league gets the opportunity to address the issue with the QB that is 30th in total QBR, that's an opportunity they need to take.

I'm guessing he didn't actually kick him in the nuts, but if he did, and then he chased Garrett down to make sure he got the opportunity to retaliate, then the league needs to discourage marginal players from picking fights with better players.

Tbonewannabe
11-15-2019, 11:09 AM

The NFL is a billion dollar business that needs it's players on the field. If you kick another player in the nuts and then chase him down to make sure he gets to take a shot at you, you are creating a major headache for the league, and if the league gets the opportunity to address the issue with the QB that is 30th in total QBR, that's an opportunity they need to take.

I'm guessing he didn't actually kick him in the nuts, but if he did, and then he chased Garrett down to make sure he got the opportunity to retaliate, then the league needs to discourage marginal players from picking fights with better players.

He could have kicked him but Garrett kind of was holding him down and it didn't look like Rudolph appreciated it. He didn't drive him into the ground but he knew the guy didn't have the ball and still dragged him to the ground with 8 seconds left in the game. Bottom line is no player should ever use a helmet like that. Mason and Garrett are lucky that he didn't really connect. Mason could have gotten laid out and Garrett could have gotten a lot worse of a suspension and/or actual assault charges.

Mason should get a game or two for trying to rip off Garrett's helmet but Garrett should get the rest of the season and have some anger management classes.

KOdawg1
11-15-2019, 11:17 AM

Good advice. Take it

MadDawg
11-15-2019, 12:03 PM

It helps to not say stupid shit like you did. Unless you just don't care that people see you are a dumbass.

the league needs to discourage marginal players from picking fights with better players.

Ooops. Too late.

dawgs
11-15-2019, 12:12 PM

Dudes on video punching and kicking their wives/girlfriends don't even get suspended for life. But I could see the NFL valuing quarterbacks more than women I guess.

dawgs
11-15-2019, 12:15 PM
The Browns have some real clowns. Jarvis Landry, OBJ, Garrett, Mayfield. I would pull my hair out if I was an owner or coach dealing with these morons. They should sign Kapernick just to complete the circus.

Y'all realize theirs a difference between swinging helmets at people's heads, being just kinda douchey, and being a peaceful political activist (even if it's not something you agree with), right?

somebodyshotmypaw
11-15-2019, 12:29 PM
Y'all realize theirs a difference between swinging helmets at people's heads, being just kinda douchey, and being a peaceful political activist (even if it's not something you agree with), right?

Absolutely. They just have a clown show. Their OBJ and Jarvis Landry issues have nothing to do with fighting, and I mentioned them. They have a wide range of idiocy in that organization. Too much childish behavior. I never accused a racist like Kapernick of swinging a helmet at someone.

dawgs
11-15-2019, 12:48 PM
Absolutely. They just have a clown show. Their OBJ and Jarvis Landry issues have nothing to do with fighting, and I mentioned them. They have a wide range of idiocy in that organization. Too much childish behavior. I never accused a racist like Kapernick of swinging a helmet at someone.

He's not racist, there are inequality issues in our society, and it's ok to point those out.

Johnson85
11-15-2019, 12:56 PM
He could have kicked him but Garrett kind of was holding him down and it didn't look like Rudolph appreciated it. He didn't drive him into the ground but he knew the guy didn't have the ball and still dragged him to the ground with 8 seconds left in the game. Bottom line is no player should ever use a helmet like that. Mason and Garrett are lucky that he didn't really connect. Mason could have gotten laid out and Garrett could have gotten a lot worse of a suspension and/or actual assault charges. All true.

Mason should get a game or two for trying to rip off Garrett's helmet but Garrett should get the rest of the season and have some anger management classes. That is roughly what I think is going to happen. That's a six game suspension for Myles and a two game suspension for Rudolph based on Rudolph instigating the fight and then keeping it going when Myles was drug away from him. Might would get away with one if they didn't have a rematch in two weeks. But if there is evidence that Rudolph intentionally kicked him in the nuts and then got up and chased him down to keep the fight going, how much daylight is there between a two game and 6 game suspension? Especially when you are talking about 6 probably meaningless games for the Browns (although I guess not meaningless to Myles's paycheck) and two games for Rudolph when they are still fighting for a playoff spot. There doesn't seem to be a lot of daylight between those punishments if you give Randolph anything more for kicking a guy in the nuts?

msstate7
11-15-2019, 12:59 PM
Garrett gone at least the rest of 2019 (playoffs included)

R2Dawg
11-15-2019, 12:59 PM
I don't care if Rudolph instigated it, you don't use a helmet like a weapon against someone whose head is exposed. That's pathetic.

And I knew the race card was going to be pulled, which makes this entire thing even more laughable.

Agreed. There must be serious penalty for that serious of attack. There is no justification. Using the logic presented, if someone says something disrespectful (not that he did) you can have an attempted murder with a weapon? If crown of helmet had hit him in head, it could have killed him or coma or serious brain trauma.

BB30
11-15-2019, 03:06 PM

I've unfortunately been a Browns fan for quite a while now and it doesn't seem like I will get any relief anytime soon.

For all of you Dog fans that think you have it rough with State football right now...

Try being a State and Browns fan. It's brutal.

dantheman4248
11-15-2019, 03:38 PM
Rudolph deserves at least a game. Garrett has also given no excuse but rather owned up to it. Watching it closer, he was kicked in the nuts and had his own neck/helmet twisted first. Idk about those here who didn't play football growing up, but I did and anyone who's been in a scrum like that knows you black out. Something threatening your neck and your balls, a switch gets flipped. You're already in attack mode. This takes it to another level. There is no thinking. Same for Pouncey. It's a violent game. When you're already in the violent setting it gets nasty. Now thankfully in HS my coaches (and countless others around the country) know that when a helmet comes off to stop it and intervene. Shit like that is going to happen if you don't separate BOTH. Only one got separated and Rudolph did keep going. That's how it got escelated to that awful display. And if you wanna "ok boomer" this post, just know that i'm only a year older than Garrett. I think a season long suspension is adequate (playoffs included.) Rudolph should be suspended as well for at minimum a game, personally I think 2 does it justice. Pouncey a game for the kicking. NFL will only suspend Garrett for 10ish games just to maintain its image though. Rudolph will end with nothing and Pouncey might get a game. Still to act like that's out of nowhere and never been seen before... anyone saying that didn't play football lol

Tbonewannabe
11-15-2019, 03:43 PM
Rudolph deserves at least a game. Garrett has also given no excuse but rather owned up to it. Watching it closer, he was kicked in the nuts and had his own neck/helmet twisted first. Idk about those here who didn't play football growing up, but I did and anyone who's been in a scrum like that knows you black out. Something threatening your neck and your balls, a switch gets flipped. You're already in attack mode. This takes it to another level. There is no thinking. Same for Pouncey. It's a violent game. When you're already in the violent setting it gets nasty. Now thankfully in HS my coaches (and countless others around the country) know that when a helmet comes off to stop it and intervene. Shit like that is going to happen if you don't separate BOTH. Only one got separated and Rudolph did keep going. That's how it got escelated to that awful display. And if you wanna "ok boomer" this post, just know that i'm only a year older than Garrett. I think a season long suspension is adequate (playoffs included.) Rudolph should be suspended as well for at minimum a game, personally I think 2 does it justice. Pouncey a game for the kicking. NFL will only suspend Garrett for 10ish games just to maintain its image though. Rudolph will end with nothing and Pouncey might get a game. Still to act like that's out of nowhere and never been seen before... anyone saying that didn't play football lol

One thing I keep seeing is Rudolph going after Garrett. Well, Garrett still had his helmet. Also, most teams would probably like a fiery QB like that.

MadDawg
11-15-2019, 03:48 PM
I'm calling b.s. on the kick to the nuts thing. I've seen about 100 replays. Yet to see the infamous kick.

RocketDawg
11-15-2019, 03:58 PM

It happens without fail.

DeputyDawg94
11-15-2019, 05:01 PM
I don’t mind the fight. The problem is the helmet swing. Garrett could whip Mason with 1 leg and 1 arm tied together. He didn’t need it. Even if mason twisted Garrett’s helmet so the 17 what. DLs twist ankles , knees and anything else they can reach at the bottom of the pile.
So with that logic a RB should be able to come out of the pile and start swinging helmets. Nah. It’s football. Shat happens.

shoeless joe
11-15-2019, 06:05 PM
I don’t mind the fight. The problem is the helmet swing. Garrett could whip Mason with 1 leg and 1 arm tied together. He didn’t need it. Even if mason twisted Garrett’s helmet so the 17 what. DLs twist ankles , knees and anything else they can reach at the bottom of the pile.
So with that logic a RB should be able to come out of the pile and start swinging helmets. Nah. It’s football. Shat happens.

I agree. Without the helmet slinging it’s just a good quality sports fight

somebodyshotmypaw
11-15-2019, 08:44 PM
He's not racist, there are inequality issues in our society, and it's ok to point those out.

When Michael Brown attempts to kill a white cop and the cop has to defend himself, then you side with the criminal because of skin color, you are racist. That's what Kap did. He thinks white cops shouldn't be allowed to defend themselves against deadly attacks from criminals if the criminal happens to be black. He has said so.

TUSK
11-15-2019, 09:32 PM
When Michael Brown attempts to kill a white cop and the cop has to defend himself, then you side with the criminal because of skin color, you are racist. That's what Kap did. He thinks white cops shouldn't be allowed to defend themselves against deadly attacks from criminals if the criminal happens to be black. He has said so.

IN!

R2Dawg
11-15-2019, 10:25 PM

I got news for you; there will always be inequalities on all sides. We didn't need Kapernick to disrespect our nation to know that. He didn't point out anything. Why some think they have a monopoly on inequality. The race stuff has become the way to get your way when you can't get it the right way.

dantheman4248
11-15-2019, 10:30 PM

Having your neck twisted is a whole different level. This is such a stupid comparison. Your neck being twisted flicks fight or flight on. Your ankle doesn't.

dantheman4248
11-15-2019, 10:32 PM
I got news for you; there will always be inequalities on all sides. We didn't need Kapernick to disrespect our nation to know that. He didn't point out anything. Why some think they have a monopoly on inequality. The race stuff has become the way to get your way when you can't get it the right way.

Ok Boomer.

DownwardDawg
11-15-2019, 11:24 PM
Dudes on video punching and kicking their wives/girlfriends don't even get suspended for life. But I could see the NFL valuing quarterbacks more than women I guess.

Punch your wife and see what your employer does. Then punch a fellow employee on the clock and see how that works out for you.