PDA

View Full Version : Braden Montgomery

ZedFedder
11-14-2019, 10:44 PM
#1 player in MS for the 2021 baseball class commits to Stanford. Just thought that was an interesting commit.

msstate7
11-14-2019, 10:48 PM
Stanford is private, right? Do they help out baseball like vandy? Stanford is one of the best schools in the country so I don't blame the kid for wanting to go there

Todd4State
11-14-2019, 10:49 PM
Stanford is private, right? Do they help out baseball like vandy? Stanford is one of the best schools in the country so I don't blame the kid for wanting to go there

Stanford is actually the one that STARTED it back in the 80's.

ZedFedder
11-14-2019, 11:26 PM
I don’t blame him, either. Their coach (Esquer?) seems like a really great guy.

AlSwearengen
11-14-2019, 11:27 PM
Perfect Game grade of 9 which is good but I would have expected higher if he is the best player in the state for that class.

ZedFedder
11-15-2019, 08:38 AM
Perfect Game grade of 9 which is good but I would have expected higher if he is the best player in the state for that class.

This is from Jheremy Brown on Twitter, who is the top recruiting guy for PG. If he is the 71st best player in the country, I imagine they haven't updated their grade on him yet.

#Stanford heads into Mississippi & comes out with a talented piece for their 2021 class in OF/RHP Braden Montgomery. Ultra-projectable, switch-hitter with feel from both sides, smooth stroke. Easy/fluid delivery, up to 91 mph, big jump to come. #FearTheTree #71 per PG.

MStateDawg
11-15-2019, 09:20 AM
I'm a born and bred 3rd generation Mississippi State graduate. I love State and State athletics with all my heart.
With that said, if my kid got an opportunity for a free education at Stanford, I would damn near insist they go there over State. That is one of the top universities on planet Earth. A degree from there will really open doors for that young man. Congrats to Braden and his family!

IMissJack
11-15-2019, 09:40 AM
I'm a born and bred 3rd generation Mississippi State graduate. I love State and State athletics with all my heart.
With that said, if my kid got an opportunity for a free education at Stanford, I would damn near insist they go there over State. That is one of the top universities on planet Earth. A degree from there will really open doors for that young man. Congrats to Braden and his family!

This is the correct answer, and I can't believe anyone would question that decision. Heck, a 4 year scholly at Stanford is probably $300-$400K, not to mention what it will do for his career if he doesn't make a pro baseball player.

ZedFedder
11-15-2019, 10:04 AM
This is the correct answer, and I can't believe anyone would question that decision. Heck, a 4 year scholly at Stanford is probably $300-$400K, not to mention what it will do for his career if he doesn't make a pro baseball player.

I don’t think anyone has questioned it. Not in this thread at least.

Tbonewannabe
11-15-2019, 11:26 AM

Also it isn't like Stanford is a bad baseball school also. Unless you just want to go into coaching after your baseball career then MSU might be the better choice.

MaroonFlounder
11-16-2019, 07:29 AM
I don’t think anyone has questioned it. Not in this thread at least.

Stanford is great. It's where it's located...

Out amongst the snowflake protesters.

Todd4State
11-16-2019, 07:59 AM
Also it isn't like Stanford is a bad baseball school also. Unless you just want to go into coaching after your baseball career then MSU might be the better choice.

For baseball only- MSU is better.

shoeless joe
11-16-2019, 08:03 AM
Stanford is great. It's where it's located...

Out amongst the snowflake protesters.

Funny...I was thinking along same lines

DanDority
11-16-2019, 08:08 AM

I understand, but Stanford isn't the University it once was. It's been highjacked by a bunch of CRAZIES!

Cooterpoot
11-16-2019, 08:33 AM
Stanford is still one of the best schools in the country. There’s no debate there. People go to jail trying to get their kids in. And it’s one of the best campuses in the country. Cali isn’t this awful place people down south portray it to be. Just like MS isn’t the most racist place in the world like they attempt to portray it.

msstate7
11-16-2019, 09:29 AM
Stanford has the lowest acceptance rate in the country according to this, https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/lowest-acceptance-rate . Brandon and his family should be thrilled... very big honor