PDA

View Full Version : SEC coaching dumpster fires

TheLostDawg
11-14-2019, 08:27 PM
So we have Matt Luke, majority would have Moorhead and coach boom on the list, etc

We see Arkansas trying to figure it out and then I see this.

Saturday Down South: Report: Butch Jones being considered at Arkansas.
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/report-butch-jones-being-considered-at-arkansas/

R2Dawg
11-14-2019, 08:40 PM
Good luck with that. Man

I guess they are hoping something from Saban has rubbed off on him.

TheLostDawg
11-14-2019, 10:57 PM
Good luck with that. Man

I guess they are hoping something from Saban has rubbed off on him.

The Alabama coaching rehab

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-14-2019, 11:29 PM
Yeah. Butch 17ing Jones.

This should be a warning sign to our fanbase.

Liverpooldawg
11-14-2019, 11:40 PM
Yeah. Butch 17ing Jones.

Yes, it should. You would think with the post Stans debacle we would have learned. The perception of the sacking OUTSIDE YOUR OWN FANBASE has more to do with your next hire than anything. The most inane argument is the "with what we pay we can get somebody better" one. If your firing is seen as unreasonable what you will get is someone who comes strictly because they know it's their only chance to ever get a paycheck like that. See Rick Ray. All we had to do with Stans is wait one dang year. It would have in all likelihood been as bad as what Ray did. Letting Stans go then would have resulted in a much better hire.

gravedigger
11-14-2019, 11:46 PM
Yeah. Butch 17ing Jones.

Oh no. By all means. Let?s pull that trigger.

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
11-15-2019, 12:39 AM
So we have Matt Luke, majority would have Moorhead and coach boom on the list, etc

We see Arkansas trying to figure it out and then I see this.

Saturday Down South: Report: Butch Jones being considered at Arkansas.
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/report-butch-jones-being-considered-at-arkansas/
I’m hearing Arkansas wants Malzahn if AU let’s him go. Luke is getting another year:mad:
I don’t understand why nobody has picked up Norvell yet. I’ve heard about the skeletons but I’m not sure what they are. Anyway he’s a good coach.

Dawgfan77
11-15-2019, 06:49 AM
The guys HC record is 84-54.
Mullen?s record is 87-51

Really Clark?
11-15-2019, 08:17 AM
Mullen?s record is 87-51

Mullen’s has all been in the SEC, you have to count Butch’s lower tier stops to make it look equal. Butch won .557 in the SEC at Tenn. Mullen has won at a .630 clip all in the SEC and 9 years of it in the toughest division.

Coursesuper
11-15-2019, 08:20 AM
I wouldn't count that as a reputable source.

msstate7
11-15-2019, 08:21 AM
Would Butch Jones be my choice? No, but I'd trade Moorhead for him. I'd pass on both given a choice though

TrapGame
11-15-2019, 08:58 AM
LOL!!!! The concern is strong already in this thread.

Arkansas is not a dumpster fire. It's the flaming, putrid residue under the dumpster fire. So yeah, let's compare us to Arkansas when it's time to move on from Joe. Good grief. We are ten times the landing spot right now compared to Arkansas.

Ezsoil
11-15-2019, 10:45 AM
Yeah. Butch 17ing Jones.

^^^^ this

Tbonewannabe
11-15-2019, 11:15 AM
The Alabama coaching rehab

I think I would take Sarkisian over Butch Jones. As long as Sark is sober, he has been a good coach who rebuilt Washington.

Maroonthirteen
11-15-2019, 11:18 AM
Yeah. Butch 17ing Jones.

Yep. Some fans think you wear the SEC patch on your shoulder and the sec check, entitles you to a championship coach. Alabama in the late 90s, Tennessee post Fulmer and now Arkansas.... should all tell us. Just because you?re an SEC school with money.... guarantees nothing.

It has to be a healthy program for any of these coaches to consider the job.

msstate7
11-15-2019, 11:30 AM
ED reasoning: we might end up with a coach that sucks, so we should keep a coach that sucks.

Ezsoil
11-15-2019, 06:26 PM
Mullen?s record is 87-51

And his SEC experience has been in the east which is just above the the ACC coastal