PDA

View Full Version : LSU & UGA

justwin
11-14-2019, 02:48 PM
If UGA is one loss in SEC Championship game and beats and undefeated LSU, do both of those teams make playoffs along with OSU & Clemson?

Said differently, does LSU make the playoff with only one loss to UGA? I think so, right?

smootness
11-14-2019, 03:00 PM
Just depends on what else happens. UGA would unquestionably be in, and LSU would still have a good chance, but what if the same happens with OSU and Minnesota in the B10? What if Utah or Oregon wins their conference with just 1 loss? I don't think it's a given LSU would get in. The committee clearly values conference champions, and to some degree that would be unfair to UGA, right?

Political Hack
11-14-2019, 03:42 PM
Yes.

TUSK
11-14-2019, 04:38 PM
Yes.

^This.

ETA: I saw where some coonass posted on tRant that LSU should mail in the SECCG vs UGA... It'd increase their odds of winning the CFP.

True, but defeatist, IMO....

DownwardDawg
11-14-2019, 05:19 PM
^This.

ETA: I saw where some coonass posted on tRant that LSU should mail in the SECCG vs UGA... It'd increase their odds of winning the CFP.

That is their best hope. Because if LSU wins SEC CG then Bama May sneak in.

dawgs
11-14-2019, 05:19 PM
12-1 LSU with a close loss to 12-1 UGA in the SEC CG would get in over every other 1 L team, conference championships or not. LSU would have more quality Ws than either pac 12 team, any 1L big 12 team, or a 1 L minnesota. It only gets interesting if Baylor or Minnesota manage to go undefeated and are going against a 12-1 LSU for the final spot.

dawgs
11-14-2019, 05:22 PM
This morning a their best hope. Because if LSU wins SEC CG then Bama May sneak in.

I don't think bama can get in without some help. They'd only be 11-1, their schedule is weak, and they just aren't as dominant this year by the eye test. I know they are bama, but seems like the entire country would rather see someone else in there and the committee has plenty of reasons to leave bama out unless things get weird.

TUSK
11-14-2019, 05:27 PM
This morning a their best hope. Because if LSU wins SEC CG then Bama May sneak in.

Yep... My guys have painted themselves in a corner...

Pretty much need LSU and Ohio State to win out and Okie win 1 of 2 vs Baylor,,,

Oregon dropping a game would be nice, too...

TUSK
11-14-2019, 05:29 PM
I don't think bama can get in without some help. They'd only be 11-1, their schedule is weak, and they just aren't as dominant this year by the eye test. I know they are bama, but seems like the entire country would rather see someone else in there and the committee has plenty of reasons to leave bama out unless things get weird.

Yep... and that's where Oregon/Utah & Baylor/Okie come in.... Bammer Fatigue..

Rick Danko
11-14-2019, 05:35 PM
Buck Fama

Percho
11-14-2019, 05:36 PM
Bama be toast after this weekend???

TUSK
11-14-2019, 05:37 PM
Buck Fama

I think that's "Roll Tide, WHAT? FU!"****

turkish
11-14-2019, 09:00 PM
^This.

I live in the BR area. Chatter around town is 60% “how awesome was that win” and 40% “can Bama make the playoff or no?”

I lied. It’s closer to 50:50. It is remarkable how big this win was to them and, yet, how scared they are to face Bama again. Funny to me to see a natl champ contender (hell, favorite) so scared of another team.

TheLostDawg
11-14-2019, 09:16 PM
What's even crazier, if Auburn beats Georgia and Alabama and LSU loses to Georgia.

DownwardDawg
11-14-2019, 09:31 PM
I live in the BR area. Chatter around town is 60% “how awesome was that win” and 40% “can Bama make the playoff or no?”

I lied. It’s closer to 50:50. It is remarkable how big this win was to them and, yet, how scared they are to face Bama again. Funny to me to see a natl champ contender (hell, favorite) so scared of another team.

2nd half healthy Tua will spank LSU if they play again.

BrunswickDawg
11-15-2019, 08:41 AM
What's even crazier, if Auburn beats Georgia and Alabama and LSU loses to Georgia.

I'm kind of rooting for that to happen. I'd love a couple of weeks of chaos between now and the conference title games that would force something like Oregon, Utah, Minnesota, & Baylor to be the final 4. It ain't happening, but it would be fun.

FISHDAWG
11-15-2019, 10:12 AM
I'm not yet convinced UGA is in ..... Auburn is going to beat them tomorrow

Cooterpoot
11-15-2019, 10:15 AM
I think AU wins too. So they’ll likely lose.

maroonmania
11-15-2019, 11:09 AM
If UGA is one loss in SEC Championship game and beats and undefeated LSU, do both of those teams make playoffs along with OSU & Clemson?

Said differently, does LSU make the playoff with only one loss to UGA? I think so, right?

What would be even more interesting is if GA loses to Auburn this weekend to take a 2nd loss but beats LSU in the SEC Championship Game. In that case GA would be the SEC champion but I believe LSU would be the only SEC team to get into the CFP assuming that was LSU's only loss. ETA -- upon reading the entire thread I guess this possibility has been hashed out.

Ari Gold
11-15-2019, 11:11 AM
Bama better worry about winning at Auburn first...

dawgday166
11-16-2019, 12:11 AM
Bama gets in regardless. SEC won't let them lose to AU. One loss Bama trumps 2 loss GA or 1 loss LSU if in SECC game cause ... LSU lost more recently. Head to head won't matter so much. The committee will get Bama in CFP. And then they'll be in title game just to prove the committee made the right choice.

Seen this movie before ... it's a rerun.

Fader21
11-16-2019, 07:41 AM
If A 1 loss UGA beats undefeated LSU they get in. I don't see Alabama making it over this year especially when you have so many teams that are still undefeated and some 1 loss teams that will probably win their conference championship. Alabama won't even make the championship game unless something happens to LSU