PDA

View Full Version : Good news! Matt Luke to coach next year

Mobile Bay
11-14-2019, 01:55 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/report-matt-luke-to-return-for-fourth-season-at-ole-miss/

ShotgunDawg
11-14-2019, 01:59 PM
I actually think that's the right decision for them

They need stability

Jarius
11-14-2019, 02:04 PM
Keeping Matt Luke is never the right decision, but I am really happy that they are stupid enough to do it. We should be stomping on their throat right now.

RocketDawg
11-14-2019, 03:34 PM
Well, at least they don't have to worry about him being poached by another school ....

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-14-2019, 03:59 PM
The key for them will be keeping MacIntyre and RichRod. Losing one or either and Luke is under water again. They are the only thing that has kept them competitive this year. Two former head coaches as coordinators. OM hit the jackpot when they got them.

I think one or both will be gone with job openings coming up in the next 3-4 weeks. They won't pass up a head coaching gig and the opportunity to sign a 4-5 or more year contract compared to knowing they could be cut lose at any point with Luke as the helm.

Irondawg
11-14-2019, 04:06 PM
MacIntrye especially

bobtail bob
11-14-2019, 04:12 PM
This just tells you who is firmly in charge in the land of cotton. Good ol Pascagoula Trent Lott just taking care of another Pascagoula boy. Is his stolen taxpayer money the only source of funds the bears have now?

parabrave
11-14-2019, 06:18 PM
This just tells you who is firmly in charge in the land of cotton. Good ol Pascagoula Trent Lott just taking care of another Pascagoula boy. Is his stolen taxpayer money the only source of funds the bears have now?

Matt and his family are from Gulfport. His dad was at OM years after Trent left there.

Coursesuper
11-14-2019, 06:23 PM

You're off on the geography with the Luke's but you're not wrong about those that are in charge up there.

Sienfield
11-14-2019, 06:39 PM
Was there an announcement from the University in that article? If there was I didn't see it. It reads like they think he will be back because of the buyout.

bobtail bob
11-14-2019, 06:55 PM
You're off on the geography with the Luke's but you're not wrong about those that are in charge up there.

I don?t know why I also thought Tom Luke was from Pascagoula. Trent Lott bear money always ruled that part of the football scene back in the day and probably still does now. He and Fatback Luke fix their hair the same way. Lott always reminded me of several backs stabbers .I?ve worked a round , just an aura. That other one they got over there, Palazzo has it too

Coach34
11-14-2019, 07:26 PM
How is this good news?

Their coaching staff is better than ours currently. Id trade straight up today. Thanksgiving is going to be a war

Coursesuper
11-14-2019, 08:22 PM
I don?t know why I also thought Tom Luke was from Pascagoula. Trent Lott bear money always ruled that part of the football scene back in the day and probably still does now. He and Fatback Luke fix their hair the same way. Lott always reminded me of several backs stabbers .I?ve worked a round , just an aura. That other one they got over there, Palazzo has it too

This bunch, Lott Dickie, Mike Moore are the older bunch now but just a continuation of the Jackson County gang.

parabrave
11-14-2019, 09:06 PM

Palazzo from Gulfport also. I thought he went to USM.

bobtail bob
11-14-2019, 09:21 PM
Palazzo from Gulfport also. I thought he went to USM.

He may be , I?ve just been around him a couple of times and he gives off the same slimy vibe as Lott

Cooterpoot
11-14-2019, 09:29 PM
Well, if he beats us he’ll have a winning record vs us. And two wins in Starkville. That would be embarrassing.

lastmajordog
11-14-2019, 09:30 PM
delete

Jarius
11-14-2019, 10:26 PM
How is this good news?

Their coaching staff is better than ours currently. Id trade straight up today. Thanksgiving is going to be a war

Us having a bad coaching staff does not mean that them keeping a bad coaching staff is not good news. They could actually pull their head out of their ass and hire a competent head coach and not go 4-8 to 6-6 every year. Peeler and Mc are the only coaches on that staff that are worth hiring at any SEC school.

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
11-15-2019, 01:14 AM
Was there an announcement from the University in that article? If there was I didn't see it. It reads like they think he will be back because of the buyout.
No there hasn’t been an announcement. The chancellor (that was forced on us) has been in hiding since he was named chancellor. He literally has not made any public speeches other than at a few private schools in Mississippi.

Ari Gold
11-15-2019, 09:02 AM
The key for them will be keeping MacIntyre and RichRod. Losing one or either and Luke is under water again. They are the only thing that has kept them competitive this year. Two former head coaches as coordinators. OM hit the jackpot when they got them.

I think one or both will be gone with job openings coming up in the next 3-4 weeks. They won't pass up a head coaching gig and the opportunity to sign a 4-5 or more year contract compared to knowing they could be cut lose at any point with Luke as the helm.

Hit the jackpot when they got RR....?

KOdawg1
11-15-2019, 09:29 AM
Keeping Matt Luke is never the right decision, but I am really happy that they are stupid enough to do it. We should be stomping on their throat right now.

One would think. But we've had the opportunity to do that several times since 2014, and we've shit the bed everytime. I see no reason why anything will be different.

IMissJack
11-15-2019, 09:36 AM
I'm not sure why some on here are making fun Luke. He has gotten more hustle and effort out of his players than our guru this year, which is a low target I'll admit. As long as he has experienced coordinators like he does, they might as well keep him.

Jarius
11-15-2019, 11:42 AM
I'm not sure why some on here are making fun Luke. He has gotten more hustle and effort out of his players than our guru this year, which is a low target I'll admit. As long as he has experienced coordinators like he does, they might as well keep him.

Luke is about to go 4-8 a year after going 5-7 a year after going 6-6. He is a horrible head coach and he is about to lose a ton more players to transfer after already losing a ton to transfer. He has a good DC and a bad OC that is about to be fired or run off. Having players play hard for you is the minimum expectation. That is nothing to brag about. Just because we have a shitty head coach that lets our guys be half prepared and not play hard does not mean that Ole Miss has any sort of Functional head coach. I hope he stays there forever.

IMissJack
11-15-2019, 11:48 AM
Luke is about to go 4-8 a year after going 5-7 a year after going 6-6. He is a horrible head coach and he is about to lose a ton more players to transfer after already losing a ton to transfer. He has a good DC and a bad OC that is about to be fired or run off. Having players play hard for you is the minimum expectation. That is nothing to brag about. Just because we have a shitty head coach that lets our guys be half prepared and not play hard does not mean that Ole Miss has any sort of Functional head coach. I hope he stays there forever.

I'm not trying to say he is a great coach, I hope they lose every game also. But, he did not exactly walk into the best situation there when he took over.

Jarius
11-15-2019, 11:53 AM
He walked into a situation that should have been extremely bad and the ncaa let his team off the hook. He lost about 3 scholarships a year. Other than the bowl ban, Moorhead is dealing with roughly the same punishment. I mean they lost more scholarships but that is minimal impact to their roster. They are basically back to a full 85 and Dan mullen has less kids on his roster than they did virtually their entire probation. He sucks ass.

Coach34
11-15-2019, 01:27 PM

I don’t see them losing RichRod. 2 WR’s entered the transfer portal and Corral has taken everything OM off his twitter. He sees the writing on the wall and will be heading out also. Looks like RichRod and Plumlee next year

Jarius
11-15-2019, 02:34 PM
I don’t see them losing RichRod. 2 WR’s entered the transfer portal and Corral has taken everything OM off his twitter. He sees the writing on the wall and will be heading out also. Looks like RichRod and Plumlee next year

He has already told them that he is leaving if RR is back. I really hope they do not get rid of RR but they currently have feelers out for a new one. Their problem is that no up and coming OC is currently taking the bait because they know it is a lame duck staff.

Coach34
11-15-2019, 04:52 PM
He has already told them that he is leaving if RR is back. I really hope they do not get rid of RR but they currently have feelers out for a new one. Their problem is that no up and coming OC is currently taking the bait because they know it is a lame duck staff.

And that is why Corral took the OM stuff down on twitter. They said "bye". Plumlee is going to be the guy and should be. He will be pretty good before it's over with. They are improved over last year and will be better next year when all their young playmakers aren't Freshmen. I hate to bust some bubbles but I see a pick'em game for the Egg Bowl.

Bothrops
11-15-2019, 05:06 PM
It's a good move for them.

TrapGame
11-15-2019, 05:18 PM
And that is why Corral took the OM stuff down on twitter. They said "bye". Plumlee is going to be the guy and should be. He will be pretty good before it's over with. They are improved over last year and will be better next year when all their young playmakers aren't Freshmen. I hate to bust some bubbles but I see a pick'em game for the Egg Bowl.

Will Corral be on the sideline or is he gone gone?

lastmajordog
11-15-2019, 08:37 PM
delete