PDA

View Full Version : I have not seen anyone hyped up about this weekend and....

Jack Lambert
11-13-2019, 09:59 PM
For you saying we lose by 21, since the last time we beat Bama here are the scores.

32-7
31-3
30-10
24-7
38-7
20-7
25-20
31-6
51-3
31-24
23-0

None of you are Dionne Warwick. It's not hard to come out and say we lose by 21 or more. Pleas name five people who been drinking too much Mountain Dew.

Cowbell
11-13-2019, 10:06 PM
For you saying we lose by 21, since the last time we beat Bama here are the scores.

32-7
31-3
30-10
24-7
38-7
20-7
25-20
31-6
51-3
31-24
23-0

None of you are Dionne Warwick. It's not hard to come out and say we lose by 21 or more. Pleas name five people who been drinking too much Mountain Dew.

Jack - I think this belongs in the thread started by coach...

Jarius
11-13-2019, 10:42 PM
This is the worst Alabama team since 2007 and we are going to get boat raced. The one year they are truly a beatable team and at home we are trash.

Homedawg
11-13-2019, 10:45 PM
This is the worst Alabama team since 2007 and we are going to get boat raced. The one year they are truly a beatable team and at home we are trash.

This is the worst bama defense since then and probably not close. It's one of their best offenses w tua. With all that said it's not their best team but not heir worst either. But we can't score and they can name their number.

Jarius
11-14-2019, 06:53 AM
This is the worst bama defense since then and probably not close. It's one of their best offenses w tua. With all that said it's not their best team but not heir worst either. But we can't score and they can name their number.

It is the worst Bama team I have seen in 12 years. They are good on offense though. Tua is a good quarterback that stays hurt and struggled against good defenses last year. 6 td’s to 6 ints. #plasticman

somebodyshotmypaw
11-14-2019, 08:00 AM
Time sure does change everything. Possible #1 draft pick Tua was miles ahead of 5th round draft pick Joe Burrow several months ago in the eyes of the NFL. Now Tua is falling slightly and Burrow could be a top 10 pick, maybe even #1 overall.

starkvegasdawg
11-14-2019, 09:00 AM
It is the worst Bama team I have seen in 12 years. They are good on offense though. Tua is a good quarterback that stays hurt and struggled against good defenses last year. 6 td’s to 6 ints. #plasticman

We're not a good defense. We get no pressure on the qb so Tua can sit back their and get his nails done waiting on one of his many elite receivers to come open. Or he can just hand it off to Harris and he can run untouched all day long.

QuadrupleOption
11-14-2019, 09:40 AM
Yeah I'm an optimistic guy but Bama is going to destroy us. Our defense can't stop anyone and our offense isn't consistent enough to keep up.

Fader21
11-14-2019, 09:42 AM
Yes, Bama's defense isn't up to par this year but they have had a lot of injuries on that side of the ball. I get they get nothing but 4 and 5 stars but they are like other programs it takes time do develop some players and some just don't workout.

Jarius
11-14-2019, 09:46 AM
We're not a good defense. We get no pressure on the qb so Tua can sit back their and get his nails done waiting on one of his many elite receivers to come open. Or he can just hand it off to Harris and he can run untouched all day long.

I'm not talking about them playing against us. We are complete trash and they will score 100 points on us if they want to. I'm talking about when they play against real football teams (which they have only done once this year and won't do again until the Iron Bowl and then the NY6 Bowl that they get beat in).

Johnson85
11-14-2019, 10:41 AM
So at home, since Mullen took over, we have lost by

2009 31-3 - 28
2011 24-7 - 17
2013 - 20-7 - 13
2015 - 31-6 - 25
2017 - 31-24 - 7

That's an average of 18 per year. Not sure how relevant that is, but if you're going off past history, the spread is a little bigger than what they cover on average and we are certainly a different team at home, although playing against good teams we just go from atrocious on the road to bad at home, which still might not get us to within 21.

confucius say
11-14-2019, 10:57 AM
Is tua even playing?

Ari Gold
11-14-2019, 11:11 AM
Maybe we can call Dan and have him fly in to coach this game...

basedog
11-14-2019, 11:32 AM
Maybe we can call Dan and have him fly in to coach this game...

It would be much cheaper to have ED internet posters to coach from their computer, I just hope they could get the play called quick enough before time ran out*****

justwin
11-14-2019, 02:42 PM

32-7
31-3
30-10
24-7
38-7
20-7
25-20
31-6
51-3
31-24
23-0

I am excited about this game. Probably in the minority. I always like the bama game, but in the past few years post Dak I knew beforehand no chance as we couldn't keep passes in bounds or throw enough accurate passes. This year, I think Tommy or even garrett can throw a majority of catchable balls as I do think our WRs will have drops again. Primarily excited to see a healthy Tommy in action at least attempting to hit downfield passes that are catchable. But can he escape the rush? I do like that Garrett is available too. The only way to beat / compete with Bama is a downfield passing attack, same with LSU or Clemson and the other powers. the blue bloods are all moving towards downfield passing threats and we are getting closer to that under Joe so I understand the investment this year despite Tommy getting hurt and the middle of our D being tutorgate in Willie, Murphy, Autry. Also, the hope is that the LSU rb provided a blueprint to Kylin last week. This game will certify whether Kylin returns or opts to go pro this year so I do think he will be rested and ready to go. Our core WRs of Osirus, Austin, Guidry, Zuber, Deddrick just need to catch the ball first. Farrod needs to catch them all as well. When watching the Ark game, all of Tommy's passes hit guys in the chest. Yes, it's arkansas, but Tommy made every throw on the passing tree that game. He was 12/18 with 4 drops. I'm not saying we will beat Bama, but I'm looking forward to see us play them and let our RBs do the running and WRs just need to compete for the ball like the LSU & Clemson WRs have done recently, find the ball in the air and go get it. I think Tommy learned from the Auburn game that scrambling early will be important for him when they drop 8. My feel is that Tommy & Guidry & Zuber & Deddrick & Farrod know that the end is near and probably their last big game in life so will be dialed in. It's beyond time for our WRs to make the tough catch.

I keep going back to our energy the first half vs LSU where it was 9-7. Plus, if you watch the tape of the first 4-5 drives of LSU, the playcalling was quite good, aggressive, creative, but the fumble and bogus offensive PI kept points off the board and some inital running reads went inside vs the edge. I could tell from that game that Garrett was realizing that yards are on the edges as the game went on, he was making better reads to get the running plays to the edges.

I do think that the classic MSU curse of Tommy getting hurt early this season is something the team has finally overcome. Tommy's interview this week seemed confident in his health.

I do think we will play hard. I do think Joe will have some creativity mixed in. My biggest worry is them throwing a handful of deep balls early to throw knock out punch. That, and just a continual pounding of their big RB. Plus, it's just Alabama who are so consistently fundamentally sound.

As for our D, our young DL has started playing much better last few games which is what we all thought would happen. They are still not there yet, but I can see the improvement.

Anyway, hope we play well and score some tds early to make it enjoyable.

Hail state

msstate7
11-14-2019, 04:10 PM
I am excited about this game. Probably in the minority. I always like the bama game, but in the past few years post Dak I knew beforehand no chance as we couldn't keep passes in bounds or throw enough accurate passes. This year, I think Tommy or even garrett can throw a majority of catchable balls as I do think our WRs will have drops again. Primarily excited to see a healthy Tommy in action at least attempting to hit downfield passes that are catchable. But can he escape the rush? I do like that Garrett is available too. The only way to beat / compete with Bama is a downfield passing attack, same with LSU or Clemson and the other powers. the blue bloods are all moving towards downfield passing threats and we are getting closer to that under Joe so I understand the investment this year despite Tommy getting hurt and the middle of our D being tutorgate in Willie, Murphy, Autry. Also, the hope is that the LSU rb provided a blueprint to Kylin last week. This game will certify whether Kylin returns or opts to go pro this year so I do think he will be rested and ready to go. Our core WRs of Osirus, Austin, Guidry, Zuber, Deddrick just need to catch the ball first. Farrod needs to catch them all as well. When watching the Ark game, all of Tommy's passes hit guys in the chest. Yes, it's arkansas, but Tommy made every throw on the passing tree that game. He was 12/18 with 4 drops. I'm not saying we will beat Bama, but I'm looking forward to see us play them and let our RBs do the running and WRs just need to compete for the ball like the LSU & Clemson WRs have done recently, find the ball in the air and go get it. I think Tommy learned from the Auburn game that scrambling early will be important for him when they drop 8. My feel is that Tommy & Guidry & Zuber & Deddrick & Farrod know that the end is near and probably their last big game in life so will be dialed in. It's beyond time for our WRs to make the tough catch.

I keep going back to our energy the first half vs LSU where it was 9-7. Plus, if you watch the tape of the first 4-5 drives of LSU, the playcalling was quite good, aggressive, creative, but the fumble and bogus offensive PI kept points off the board and some inital running reads went inside vs the edge. I could tell from that game that Garrett was realizing that yards are on the edges as the game went on, he was making better reads to get the running plays to the edges.

I do think that the classic MSU curse of Tommy getting hurt early this season is something the team has finally overcome. Tommy's interview this week seemed confident in his health.

I do think we will play hard. I do think Joe will have some creativity mixed in. My biggest worry is them throwing a handful of deep balls early to throw knock out punch. That, and just a continual pounding of their big RB. Plus, it's just Alabama who are so consistently fundamentally sound.

As for our D, our young DL has started playing much better last few games which is what we all thought would happen. They are still not there yet, but I can see the improvement.

Hail state

The last 2 sec games, aTm and ark had their highest yds/play in sec games. Not sure where you get we improving

Really Clark?
11-14-2019, 04:50 PM

Hail state

What? It took Bama late on a 4th quarter in 2017 for them to beat us. And if Grantham had switched his call after the timeout I believe we win that game but Fitz and company played them very tough in 2017.