PDA

View Full Version : Battle, Gregory

TheLostDawg
11-13-2019, 08:45 PM
2 wr from ole Miss entering transfer portal. One a previous 4*

OLJWales
11-13-2019, 09:02 PM
Ole Miss suddenly finds themselves unable to get the ball to receivers and the discontent is brewing.

Martianlander
11-14-2019, 09:01 AM
Also tried to teach them to run routes and they were certainly having no part of that.

Jarius
11-14-2019, 09:50 AM
Ole Miss suddenly finds themselves unable to get the ball to receivers and the discontent is brewing.

People tried to tell their new signees that Rich Rod was going to run the Dan Mullen offense and they were not going to get the ball. I hope they are happy stalk blocking out there on the edge with a quarterback who could not hit water if he fell out of a boat.

BeastMan
11-14-2019, 09:53 AM
I talked to someone about a month ago who told me these 2 guys were leaving and also that that room is very unhappy. There isn’t a WR on that roster that was recruited to run this kind of offense. They feel they were lied to. I reached back out to the same guy and he says if Rich Rod stays and it’s JRP expect another QB to go and there is a coin flip that another freshman WR, an in-state guy, hits the portal. Going off what he said and other stuff I’ve gathered, I think the spring is huge for them. If RR stays and JRP is the guy, how much does JRP get to do for football? If there isn’t real passing game growth in the spring with JRP and young WRs, i could see some guys going down to juco for a year as an exit strategy.

MaroonFlounder
11-14-2019, 09:56 AM
I think the spring is huge for them. If RR stays and JRP is the guy, how much does JRP get to do for football? If there isn’t real passing game growth in the spring with JRP and young WRs, i could see some guys going down to juco for a year as an exit strategy.

And JRP wants to play baseball, so that cuts into a lot of passing development time for him during spring practice.

HailStateSZN19
11-14-2019, 10:22 AM
I talked to someone about a month ago who told me these 2 guys were leaving and also that that room is very unhappy. There isn’t a WR on that roster that was recruited to run this kind of offense. They feel they were lied to. I reached back out to the same guy and he says if Rich Rod stays and it’s JRP expect another QB to go and there is a coin flip that another freshman WR, an in-state guy, hits the portal. Going off what he said and other stuff I’ve gathered, I think the spring is huge for them. If RR stays and JRP is the guy, how much does JRP get to do for football? If there isn’t real passing game growth in the spring with JRP and young WRs, i could see some guys going down to juco for a year as an exit strategy.

The in-state freshman WR that is a coin-flip to leave if JRP is the guy next year & RR stays, does his name possibly rhyme with “Bingo” and do we have his former HS QB coming to Starkville in the 2020 class? Cause if so, I would gladly take him if he’d transfer here lol.

Ari Gold
11-14-2019, 11:18 AM
Wouldn’t be shocked if Corral joins them after the season
If so OM will go into spring ball with Kincaid Dent as QB in spring ball

Also take a look at that 2018 recruiting class now. It was in the 30s and these 2 kids were in the top 5 of the rated kids in that class
And that class also had a lot of jucos

I don’t think RR is back next year..for what it’s worth

HailStateSZN19
11-14-2019, 11:32 AM

Also take a look at that 2018 recruiting class now. It was in the 30s and these 2 kids were in the top 5 of the rated kids in that class

Think Vandy hires away Mac too? Wouldn’t that be something if the coordinator they want to keep in Mac left and the coordinator they want gone stayed in RR. That’d be absolute GOLD lol.

Jarius
11-14-2019, 11:35 AM

Corral has told them that if RR is there next year then he will not be. RR does have a 2 mil buyout though.

Lance Harbor
11-14-2019, 11:55 AM
What's the latest with Charles Moore in the portal at Auburn?

ShotgunDawg
11-14-2019, 12:16 PM
What's the latest with Charles Moore in the portal at Auburn?

He committed to Oregon State last week

TNDawg35
11-14-2019, 01:01 PM
Ole Miss just announced Matt Luke will return next yr as coach... Better hope they keep those Other 2 also...

Rick Danko
11-14-2019, 01:24 PM
My buddy/co worker told me transfers were coming. He is upset. I told him what did y?all expect hiring RR. He wants him and Luke both gone.

TheLostDawg
11-14-2019, 05:33 PM

Kincade is in the transfer portal I believe

Todd4State
11-14-2019, 06:36 PM
People tried to tell their new signees that Rich Rod was going to run the Dan Mullen offense and they were not going to get the ball. I hope they are happy stalk blocking out there on the edge with a quarterback who could not hit water if he fell out of a boat.

Except that Rich Rod makes Dan look like Mike Leach. I ran some numbers when Rich Rod at Arizona and the run/pass ratio was 80/20.