PDA

View Full Version : I am sure it has been discussed, but prepare yourselves...

War Machine Dawg
11-12-2019, 08:49 PM
Jughead is gonna start Plastic Man Tommy Boy against Bama. That is why he hemmed and hawed about QB at his weekly presser. Saying he was going to list them as or and wants to see how they practice is just his way of avoiding the discussion and being able to justify starting his boi Stevens, because no one can prove otherwise when he tells us after the game that Tommy Boy practiced better than Shrader. He's going to go with his boi, evidence that the team wants Shrader and plays better for him be damned.

ShotgunDawg
11-12-2019, 09:11 PM
Expect Bama to challenge their 9 sack total in 2015.

Stevens doesn't have the pocket mobility or presence to make it work vs a good rush.

MaroonFlounder
11-12-2019, 09:12 PM
The Bama D will break Tommy. I pray he survives the hell that he is about to endure.

Coach34
11-12-2019, 09:19 PM
I expect to see the same look we saw when he was out there vs Auburn. If he plays in the 2nd half I'll be surprised

ShotgunDawg
11-12-2019, 09:26 PM
I mean Shrader went 17-28 for 238 vs LSU.

That's pretty good for a true FR right?

Amazing that we'd try something different

WSOPdawg
11-12-2019, 09:27 PM
Plus, having fallen to 5th in the latest CFP ratings, Bama will be on a mission to totally destroy their opponent (in this case, our Dogs this Saturday) to prove they need to be back in the top 4. Will definitely get UGLY!

MaroonFlounder
11-12-2019, 09:29 PM
I mean Shrader went 17-28 for 238 vs LSU.

That's pretty good for a true FR right?

Amazing that we'd try something different

All I want to know is which QB needs to stay 100% to be able to demolish ole ms.

Churchill
11-12-2019, 09:33 PM
If so it's just one more bit of info (to me anyway) that says that Jughead is gonna be out of here next year one way or another. I just don't think he is our future nor we are his.

Percho
11-12-2019, 09:36 PM
I think, the, coach should start whoever, the, coach wants to start.

R2Dawg
11-12-2019, 09:39 PM
All I want to know is which QB needs to stay 100% to be able to demolish ole ms.

This is the correct thought. It is about the egg bowl not this game.

chef dixon
11-12-2019, 09:45 PM
The offense is bad with either one playing

terradawg
11-12-2019, 09:47 PM
I wonder if Garrett may be nursing a nagging injury or maybe Tommy is actually hitting his stride....

Randolph Dupree
11-12-2019, 10:01 PM
Not sayin I want the kid to get hurt, but given his track record, I doubt he makes it through the first quarter before going down.

DownwardDawg
11-12-2019, 10:16 PM
This is the correct thought. It is about the egg bowl not this game.

Absolutely. I’m surprised people are even doubting this move. Start Stevens to help keep Shrader healthy. We need him to beat ole miss.

Bothrops
11-12-2019, 10:47 PM
If game is over before played, why play it?

Cooterpoot
11-12-2019, 11:15 PM
I don’t blame him for starting Stevens.

Todd4State
11-12-2019, 11:31 PM
I don’t blame him for starting Stevens.

I don’t either. He played well against Arkansas.

bobcat91
11-12-2019, 11:50 PM
So we have become so petty and silly we bitch about our coach trying to give us the best chance to win. Our fans suck

KOdawg1
11-12-2019, 11:52 PM
So we have become so petty and silly we bitch about our coach trying to give us the best chance to win. Our fans suck

Some of the very worst around

msu15
11-13-2019, 12:33 AM

It’s the same bunch as always. The small penis gang.

defiantdog
11-13-2019, 12:48 AM
I?m expecting something around 63-17 type of game..... JoMo won?t put a good game plan together and we?ll look flat, and I?ll be sitting in the stands and have my 3 year old ask me why the other team keeps beating us again.

NCDawg
11-13-2019, 01:08 AM
The offense is bad with either one playing

Probably true, but the offense did look pretty good against Arkansas, although I realize you have to consider the competition.. What i'm really concerned about is the defense. I see no way we can stop their W/R's with their speed. Also, I'm afraid their RB, no. 22, is going to cause us lots of problems.

Todd4State
11-13-2019, 02:33 AM
Probably true, but the offense did look pretty good against Arkansas, although I realize you have to consider the competition.. What i'm really concerned about is the defense. I see no way we can stop their W/R's with their speed. Also, I'm afraid their RB, no. 22, is going to cause us lots of problems.

No one will say it- but the defense has hurt us worse than the offense this year. Especially when we're missing the Tutor Gate three. We're actually seventh in the SEC in scoring offense right now- and we haven't played our FCS HC opponent yet. And we're 8th in total offense. People can bash our competition except for the fact that everyone else gets to play Arkansas or Vanderbilt if not both in the SEC to pad their offensive stats against too.

Meanwhile the defense is 12th in the SEC in PPG allowed this year and 11th in total defense.

We're also 69th nationally in PPG on offense. It wouldn't shock me if we end up in the top half of the nation in scoring this year- barely. But still.

Jarius
11-13-2019, 07:23 AM
No one will say it- but the defense has hurt us worse than the offense this year. Especially when we're missing the Tutor Gate three. We're actually seventh in the SEC in scoring offense right now- and we haven't played our FCS HC opponent yet. And we're 8th in total offense. People can bash our competition except for the fact that everyone else gets to play Arkansas or Vanderbilt if not both in the SEC to pad their offensive stats against too.

Meanwhile the defense is 12th in the SEC in PPG allowed this year and 11th in total defense.

We're also 69th nationally in PPG on offense. It wouldn't shock me if we end up in the top half of the nation in scoring this year- barely. But still.

The offense has hurt us just as much as the defense, but the defense has been absolute trash without the tutorgate players. The only reason offensive numbers have looked better is that the other team jumps so far out in front that we are playing against backups for the entire second half....or at a minimum the starters are playing soft zone and giving us pity yards to get the game over. That is why simply looking at stats is dangerous.

Gutter Cobreh
11-13-2019, 07:43 AM
The offense has hurt us just as much as the defense, but the defense has been absolute trash without the tutorgate players. The only reason offensive numbers have looked better is that the other team jumps so far out in front that we are playing against backups for the entire second half....or at a minimum the starters are playing soft zone and giving us pity yards to get the game over. That is why simply looking at stats is dangerous.

This is correct. Their 3rd string could throw for 500 yds against our defense, so it negates what we do on offense. Also, where is the discussion around the OL. Aren't they the ones responsible for protection and keeping our QB upright? Spare me the excuse that they are built to run block, because they don't do that well either. Tommy, at the least, gives us some pretense of a vertical threat.

bluelightstar
11-13-2019, 07:43 AM

Correct. Against LSU, Tennessee, Texas A&M, our offense did basically nothing until we were down multiple scores. Also, people are going to find out Saturday that our offense has not figured anything out. We were just fortunate to play a God awful Arkansas team.

msstate7
11-13-2019, 07:56 AM
I?m expecting something around 63-17 type of game..... JoMo won?t put a good game plan together and we?ll look flat, and I?ll be sitting in the stands and have my 3 year old ask me why the other team keeps beating us again.

Have your kid ask cohen

msstate7
11-13-2019, 07:57 AM

Look at jarius getting smart

TrapGame
11-13-2019, 08:58 AM
This will be the exact polar opposite of the Arkansas game.

Coach34
11-13-2019, 09:15 AM
I don’t either. He played well against Arkansas.

so did the QB at Western Kentucky that Chad Morris ran off from Arkansas

Coach34
11-13-2019, 09:18 AM

exactly.

We gave up 17 points on D vs K-State and 20 on D vs Tennessee. That gives you a chance to win the game

Lord McBuckethead
11-13-2019, 09:21 AM

It may not matter what the game plan is. We are outgunned daddyo.

TrapGame
11-13-2019, 09:34 AM
It may not matter what the game plan is. We are outgunned daddyo.

At this point the game plan should be stay healthy for OM and a chance to go bowling.

Really Clark?
11-13-2019, 09:54 AM

Yep. WKU was only averaging 22.6 points per game before ARK and it was just the 2nd time all season the scores 30 or more points (they scored 30 vs Charlotte)

Jarius
11-13-2019, 09:56 AM
Look at jarius getting smart

I felt like Joe and the team deserved the benefit of the doubt until it was proven that he was complete trash. I don't like to jump off the bandwagon until I'm sure. Once I'm sure, I have no problem admitting I'm incorrect on something. People being hard headed and refusing to admit fault in one's opinion when clear evidence shows you are wrong is the sign of a dumbass. I was wrong on Joe and it is what it is. I am right sometimes and wrong sometimes. I don't think waiting a season and a half into someone's tenure to declare a coach a bad hire is being too hesitant. Most outside our fanbase would probably still call me too quick to jump off the wagon.

Todd4State
11-13-2019, 10:19 AM

That’s not a reason for saying Stevens shouldn’t start.

Stevens not performing against Arkansas would be a reason to say that he shouldn’t start.

Todd4State
11-13-2019, 10:22 AM

Not when you are comparing 13 other teams to us. People can’t prop up Ole Miss’s “effort” in garbage time and then criticize MSU for scoring points in garbage time. Which is pretty subjective anyway.

PGHBulldogBG
11-13-2019, 10:35 AM
It doesn’t matter who starts at QB the way our offensive line plays against teams with equal or greater talent.

Jarius
11-13-2019, 10:42 AM
Not when you are comparing 13 other teams to us. People can’t prop up Ole Miss’s “effort” in garbage time and then criticize MSU for scoring points in garbage time. Which is pretty subjective anyway.

People are propping up the fact that Ole Miss was in a 7 point game against Auburn in the 4th quarter with a chance to win the game. They scored on Alabama the entire game, not just when they got down 30 points. But I have no idea why any of that matters. Ole Miss is as bad as we are or probably worse but the fact that it is even a conversation is sad.

Todd4State
11-13-2019, 10:47 AM
People are propping up the fact that Ole Miss was in a 7 point game against Auburn in the 4th quarter with a chance to win the game. They scored on Alabama the entire game, not just when they got down 30 points. But I have no idea why any of that matters. Ole Miss is as bad as we are or probably worse but the fact that it is even a conversation is sad.

I’ve seen our fans say things similar to what I said even before they played Auburn. Vanderbilt and Arkansas have been in garbage situations too as has most every SEC team. We’ve been in debatably three out of nine games.

Jarius
11-13-2019, 11:37 AM
I’ve seen our fans say things similar to what I said even before they played Auburn. Vanderbilt and Arkansas have been in garbage situations too as has most every SEC team. We’ve been in debatably three out of nine games.

Well good on us for being better than Vandy, Arkansas, and Ole Miss on offense. I can't think of many offensive SEC teams outside of the top 5 or so that I would even want to be mentioned in the same ballpark as because the SEC is really really really down this year outside the top few teams.

hacker
11-13-2019, 03:54 PM
It?s the same bunch as always. The small penis gang.

Hey man, don't lump all of us in the small penis gang together

Percho
11-13-2019, 04:18 PM

Amen brother!

Todd4State
11-13-2019, 04:20 PM
Well good on us for being better than Vandy, Arkansas, and Ole Miss on offense. I can't think of many offensive SEC teams outside of the top 5 or so that I would even want to be mentioned in the same ballpark as because the SEC is really really really down this year outside the top few teams.

Good for us for being better than half the SEC. It’s OK to not want Joe here and be objective at the same time.

maroonmania
11-13-2019, 06:10 PM
I personally wish we would start Logan Burnett and let him play as long as he can. Whoever you think we have at QB that has the best chance to beat OM should NOT play against Bama. Bama will probably injure whoever we start in this game and we have no realistic chance of winning anyway. Biggest objective Saturday is to get through the game with a minimal amount of injuries across our team. I would be in favor of just forfeiting this game if we could.

DogsofAnarchy
11-13-2019, 06:11 PM
If so it's just one more bit of info (to me anyway) that says that Jughead is gonna be out of here next year one way or another. I just don't think he is our future nor we are his.

You’re gonna be disappointed.

Jack Lambert
11-13-2019, 06:57 PM

They held LSU to 36 with two DB's out of the game. You never know.

Really Clark?
11-13-2019, 07:07 PM
They held LSU to 36 with two DB's out of the game. You never know.

They really stepped up those first drives but we were also about 10-12 total yards away from them starting 21-0 and us giving up 48 total points vs LSU. That?s a razor thin margin from a total first quarter blow out again. Proud of them for standing tall at the goal line but we didn?t exactly have LSU going 3 and out early in that game either.

Jack Lambert
11-13-2019, 07:34 PM
They really stepped up those first drives but we were also about 10-12 total yards away from them starting 21-0 and us giving up 48 total points vs LSU. That?s a razor thin margin from a total first quarter blow out again. Proud of them for standing tall at the goal line but we didn?t exactly have LSU going 3 and out early in that game either.

The bottom line is they stepped up and they kept them out of the end zone. My point is it can be done. You never know what will happen,

OLJWales
11-13-2019, 07:38 PM
Jughead is gonna start Plastic Man Tommy Boy against Bama. That is why he hemmed and hawed about QB at his weekly presser. Saying he was going to list them as or and wants to see how they practice is just his way of avoiding the discussion and being able to justify starting his boi Stevens, because no one can prove otherwise when he tells us after the game that Tommy Boy practiced better than Shrader. He's going to go with his boi, evidence that the team wants Shrader and plays better for him be damned.

I get what you are saying but I'm not down with name calling our coaches and players. I'm all for a HC change and TS's injuries are well noted but I'm think you can get your point across without disparaging nicknames. JOMO didn't take the job to under perform and TS didn't transfer to come down here and get multiple injuries. They all want to win but our HC let us down because he's in over his head.