PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Perry and Robert Woodard- here is how we are

cheewgumm
11-11-2019, 07:01 PM
Going to be good.

Dominate at the rim. Then shoot 3s. In that order. If they do that, we?ll be good . If they shoot 3s first we?re gonna suck.

chef dixon
11-11-2019, 07:11 PM
I think they are going to find a middle ground. It may take a few weeks. I think we are going to be good but we may take a few lumps in Myrtle Beach and v. K state.

Lord McBuckethead
11-12-2019, 12:24 AM
I believe the keys to our year include the big guys doing big guy things, and our guards taking a big step forward as a group. Nick coming back will help. Ado needs to look to score a little more. I would like to see our team play the big man game. Get the ball in early and let them work against the other team. I want to see Perry master some post moves. Keep the ball high, work off of contact like Mario Austin and Law Roberts. If we can get to that level, we will be a load to stop.

Lord McBuckethead
11-12-2019, 12:26 AM
Yes, we are going to lose some games, but I hope I fans realize that we will. Dont3get down on our team. People need to come out and let the team know we are behind them 100%. Time to let Stansbury go. Time to make the Hump tough, and the only thing we have to do is come and cheer our team on. Sounds easy.

StarkVegasSteve
11-12-2019, 09:06 AM
Getting Nick back is going to be a big key to things. I thought we might be able to stopgap things with Molinar, but he definitely struggled Friday night. And that's not to get down on him because he's a Freshman and he'll learn and get better. Once we get Nick back we'll be able to move Tyson off ball and let him do what he does best, SHOOT.

Ari Gold
11-12-2019, 11:54 AM
Molinar is going to be good and game 2 might be a good thing for him. I’m sure the kid has never struggled like that his whole career. He will get better from that. Esp with Derrick Zimmerman on the staff to help

Does everyone see now how important Q was? Dude is top 5 all timer..

We can’t depend on Tyson to keep this scoring pace up , he will have his share of off nights all scorers do.. and yes getting him off the point will help him a lot. He can for sure stroke it and has gotten much better getting to the rim

Getting Nick back is even bigger than you think. On both sides of the ball. He will give us 13/6/6 on a Nighty basis is my prediction . And is by far our best defender

Perry needs to stay engaged the whole game, and we need to get him the ball early to keep him engaged.. when things aren’t going his way early offensively it shows.. we don’t have the luxury of a Kentucky or Duke to bench him and send a message

Woodard has to knock down some outside shots and keep doing what he does which is being crazy athletic

I like the energy that Stewart has , he will get better and better offensively as the year goes on

Ado is solid. Stats won’t show it , but we need him on the floor.

Lord McBuckethead
11-12-2019, 12:33 PM
Molinar is going to be good and game 2 might be a good thing for him. I’m sure the kid has never struggled like that his whole career. He will get better from that. Esp with Derrick Zimmerman on the staff to help

Does everyone see now how important Q was? Dude is top 5 all timer..

We can’t depend on Tyson to keep this scoring pace up , he will have his share of off nights all scorers do.. and yes getting him off the point will help him a lot. He can for sure stroke it and has gotten much better getting to the rim

Getting Nick back is even bigger than you think. On both sides of the ball. He will give us 13/6/6 on a Nighty basis is my prediction . And is by far our best defender

Perry needs to stay engaged the whole game, and we need to get him the ball early to keep him engaged.. when things aren’t going his way early offensively it shows.. we don’t have the luxury of a Kentucky or Duke to bench him and send a message

Woodard has to knock down some outside shots and keep doing what he does which is being crazy athletic

I like the energy that Stewart has , he will get better and better offensively as the year goes on

Ado is solid. Stats won’t show it , but we need him on the floor.

I agree on all points. I would also add that our team has a very good balance of talents right now. We have a couple shooters, we have strong slashers to the basket, we have four athletic freaks in Ado, Perry, Woodard, and Nick. Everyone on the team has shown that they can put some moves on some folks and get to the basket. If Perry would slow down just a touch when he has the ball under the basket and use his body to draw contact, dude will be unstoppable. Reminds me of the Powers, Winsome, Roberts, Vincent, and the old man teams. If everyone plays their part, extends a little into other peoples roles, and plays defense like they did the last 10 minutes of the game the other night, we will be very tough.

Lord McBuckethead
11-12-2019, 12:33 PM
Couldn't remember who the old man was. Dude played for like 20 years seemed like.

Lord McBuckethead
11-12-2019, 12:34 PM
Ontario Harper.

smootness
11-12-2019, 01:58 PM
I like Weatherspoon a lot, but if he puts up 13/6/6, he's one of the top guards in the country and an easy 1st round pick.

Political Hack
11-12-2019, 02:11 PM
I like Weatherspoon a lot, but if he puts up 13/6/6, he's one of the top guards in the country and an easy 1st round pick.

Throw in a few steals too. I'm not sure it'll be 13/6/6, but I bet it's ~10, 5, 5 with a few steals to boot. He expends so much energy in the defensive side of the ball he's going to have to be smart and efficient offensively.

jdelta02
11-12-2019, 02:33 PM
DJ Stewart and Iverson Molinar are big keys, much potential with these two. Also, KeyShawn Feazell and Siena transfer, Prince Oduro can help. Elias King, Quinten Post, EJ Datcher, Devin Butts, walkons, ect.....team effort. Need Reggie Perry, and Robert Woodard...stepup. Tyson Carter...continue putting up the points. Ado scoring. All hands on deck approach.

Play really good team defense

Lord McBuckethead
11-12-2019, 02:53 PM
Look there are like 20 ways to look at this team, but in my opinion this is the best roster we have had in 15 years. Top to bottom. No reason not to be over the moon with the players we have on the court. Just remember, we will lose some games. Don't flip your shit when it happens. This team really could be special.

First and foremost - be aggressive. I want to see hustle plays. I want to see defense moving their feet and getting your hands up and involved. I want to see unselfish offensive possessions. Do that and we are a 4 seed. Let's go.

Ari Gold
11-12-2019, 02:59 PM

Well as a freshman he went 10/3/2 and played less than 30 minutes a game
So 13/6/6/2
I don’t see that as far stretch by any means .. he may not have the 6 dimes but he will get a lot of long def rebounds off missed 3’s and the points will be there

Ari Gold
11-12-2019, 03:05 PM
Look there are like 20 ways to look at this team, but in my opinion this is the best roster we have had in 15 years. Top to bottom. No reason not to be over the moon with the players we have on the court. Just remember, we will lose some games. Don't flip your shit when it happens. This team really could be special.

First and foremost - be aggressive. I want to see hustle plays. I want to see defense moving their feet and getting your hands up and involved. I want to see unselfish offensive possessions. Do that and we are a 4 seed. Let's go.

Yeah the athleticism is there.. hopefully the chemistry is there.. I have heard it is..
Nick is pivotal .. he needs to be the guy . Guard play is what wins in the tourney. Auburn proved that last year .Harper was unstoppable in their run to the final 4
Perry needs to play like the possible SEC POY candidate he is and Tyson needs to hit big shots and keep knocking down 3s
I think this team will play good defense.. its too athletic not too.

And lets not worry about a few loses here and there or what seed we get in the dance.. lets just get there.. seeding is basically meaningless its the luck of the draw and who you match up with those first couple of games..

Ifyouonlyknew
11-12-2019, 04:32 PM

I think 13/4/4 is pretty manageable.

Political Hack
11-12-2019, 05:53 PM
So 13/6/6/2
I don’t see that as far stretch by any means .. he may not have the 6 dimes but he will get a lot of long def rebounds off missed 3’s and the points will be there

That's ridiculous as a freshman.

Schultzy
11-12-2019, 06:27 PM
So 13/6/6/2
Can he make entry passes? It’s been so long I can’t remember.

And to all the people opining about Perry and/or Woodard shooting 3’s, they will camp out down low & get their points down there if we can execute Entry Passes.

We fail to distribute the ball to all our bigs when we could’ve.

Ari Gold
11-12-2019, 06:33 PM
Can he make entry passes? It’s been so long I can’t remember.

And to all the people opining about Perry and/or Woodard shooting 3’s, they will camp out down low & get their points down there if we can execute Entry Passes.

We fail to distribute the ball to all our bigs when we could’ve.

Agree we haven’t fed the post well at all up this point.. also Perry has to be a lot stronger with the ball when he gets it..
I can remember at least 2 or 3 strips when he got the ball ..

Oops meant to reply not add that comment.. my bad

Ari Gold
11-12-2019, 06:41 PM
That's ridiculous as a freshman.

Agree.
Its his team now when he comes back
He is the PG and can move to the 2 guard if needed
He will draw the defensive assignment on the best guard on the opposing team
He gets to the rim and can FINISH .. we havent had that in a long time
If he can knock down the outside shot consistently he is going to be force.
And he should hungry as **** when he gets back on the court

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-12-2019, 11:15 PM
Will the team sign autographs after the games and pose for pictures with fans?

That's the real key to success

smootness
11-13-2019, 10:44 AM
So 13/6/6/2
I don?t see that as far stretch by any means .. he may not have the 6 dimes but he will get a lot of long def rebounds off missed 3?s and the points will be there

I definitely hope you're right, and I like Nick a lot. But you're asking for him to put up more than double the amount of assists and rebounds he's ever put up. Because he basically put up the same numbers as a sophomore. And those are numbers basically no guard in the SEC ever puts up. The scoring/assist numbers alone are rare, let alone the 6 rebounds, which would put him around the top 10 in the conference in that category.

I just want him to be efficient. If he has similar shooting numbers to what he had last year and works on being more of a distributor, I'll be very happy and we will be a very good team.