PDA

View Full Version : Joe Brady

TheLostDawg
11-10-2019, 12:38 AM
Is in negotiations with LSU on contract extension. This is why we will never be a blue blood. Our program has never locked down a good coach mid season before poaching rumors or coaches getting offers.

HailStateSZN19
11-10-2019, 01:41 AM
Yahoo Sports article is saying they’re about to pay him NFL coordinator market value. Said a source told them it’ll be around $1.5 million. I figured he’d get a huge raise but damn... that’s a GIGANTIC raise. Everyone can forget about trying to throw the bank at him to come here now lol.

MetEdDawg
11-10-2019, 05:53 AM
No we will never be a blue blood because we won't pay someone like Joe Brady the amount of money he's about to make just to be an OC. If we want to seriously compete, we need about $4-5 million more dollars for just non HC on field staff.

That would attract the big names and the people who can coach/recruit at a high enough level to compete.

TheLostDawg
11-10-2019, 09:26 AM
No we will never be a blue blood because we won't pay someone like Joe Brady the amount of money he's about to make just to be an OC. If we want to seriously compete, we need about $4-5 million more dollars for just non HC on field staff.

That would attract the big names and the people who can coach/recruit at a high enough level to compete.

That and keep coaches

dawgday166
11-10-2019, 09:28 AM
He called one helluva game last night.

msstate7
11-10-2019, 09:32 AM
He called one helluva game last night.

Does he call plays or Steve E?

R2Dawg
11-10-2019, 09:32 AM
Having the players to execute his play calling is big factor. I wonder what Brady would do with past LSU QB talent? Burrow gone after this year, will be interesting in Baton Rouge. Would be a good time for Brady to make the jump to HC though; he may never be hotter than right now. Is he the next Mullen?

We could double his salary and see.

dawgday166
11-10-2019, 09:38 AM

Well ... I don't know but I don't see Ems calling some of those plays. Maybe. I'm guessing Ems takes input from Brady and probably values it highly.

ETA: I thought Sark called a good game for Bama too. The motions, a little subtle trickery from both teams with good fakes or a quick snap coming off a "look at sideline" etc. was pretty creative from both coordinators. I thought Joe was creative like that but outside of AU last year, hadn't really seen it.

Scared_Hitless
11-10-2019, 10:15 AM

Steve E calls the plays he does have Brady beside him in the press box though. They have allowed Brady to call third down plays in some gimme wins this year. They are allowing him to learn and grow currently.

smootness
11-10-2019, 10:39 AM
Is in negotiations with LSU on contract extension. This is why we will never be a blue blood. Our program has never locked down a good coach mid season before poaching rumors or coaches getting offers.

This would in no way preclude him from leaving for another job after this year.

He won't be coming here, just saying this doesn't really do anything.

TheLostDawg
11-10-2019, 11:43 AM
This would in no way preclude him from leaving for another job after this year.

He won't be coming here, just saying this doesn't really do anything.

My point was when have we ever done something like this. It took Mullen months after the season every year to sign. It was always "on his desk waiting for him to sign. " Until we start paying up when we realize we have a good coach, they'll continue to get poached and we'll never have consistency.

Really Clark?
11-10-2019, 12:49 PM
My point was when have we ever done something like this. It took Mullen months after the season every year to sign. It was always "on his desk waiting for him to sign. " Until we start paying up when we realize we have a good coach, they'll continue to get poached and we'll never have consistency.

Eh, it?s a catch 22. All things being equal even salary, the traditional power type of school will have an advantage simply because it is a quicker step for that assistant to become a HC and a higher profile HC at that. So then it?s about how much more you have to offer to try to keep the assistant knowing that if we can pay Top 5 money so can the school trying to poach them.

I think what it does do is by offering that type of salary and letting it be known that we are legitimately paying Top 25 money to our assistants, then you have better quality guys pursuing our jobs. But it doesn?t really help retain the guy you want necessarily.

Jack Lambert
11-10-2019, 12:58 PM
Start writing bigger checks.

ShotgunDawg
11-10-2019, 01:18 PM
Brady would be an idiot to accept anything that LSU offers him right now. He's easily an NFL OC next year if he wants to be.

msstate7
11-10-2019, 01:20 PM
Brady would be an idiot to accept anything that LSU offers him right now. He's easily an NFL OC next year if he wants to be.

Maybe he wants to be a college HC one day. He wouldn't be an idiot to accept 1.5 million. Get real

ShotgunDawg
11-10-2019, 01:23 PM
Maybe he wants to be a college HC one day. He wouldn't be an idiot to accept 1.5 million. Get real

Maybe. He could always be that though.

I think he becomes a HC much quicker in the NFL though due to the dynamics we spoke about in the other thread.

I bet Dan Snyder wishes he could have McVay back right now. Well....

Not saying he shouldn't go back to LSU, but he's going to have to develop a new QB next year & who know how that'll go. I'd also be willing to bet that whoever takes Burrow in the draft may just hire Brady as well.

Either way, he'd be an idiot to agree to anything LSU offers before he sees what his options are

Bothrops
11-10-2019, 01:26 PM
Whose gonna be LSU qb next year?

ShotgunDawg
11-10-2019, 01:28 PM
Whose gonna be LSU qb next year?

No clue. I hope it's Brennan. LOL

My guess is that they get in the grad transfer game, but as Oklahoma is about to find out, that will destroy your QB recruiting & it's tough to build anything sustainable

I'm sure they'll check in the with Houston QB that quit. Felipe Franks may be interested in going home to Louisiana. Not sure who else.

MarketingBully
11-10-2019, 01:31 PM
Maybe. He could always be that though.

I think he becomes a HC much quicker in the NFL though due to the dynamics we spoke about in the other thread.

I bet Dan Snyder wishes he could have McVay back right now. Well....

Not saying he shouldn't go back to LSU, but he's going to have to develop a new QB next year & who know how that'll go. I'd also be willing to bet that whoever takes Burrow in the draft may just hire Brady as well.

Either way, he'd be an idiot to agree to anything LSU offers before he sees what his options are

I wouldn’t go back to LSU next year honestly. Burrow is his ticket to a big gig. Unless they hit on a homerun transfer QB, their offense will not be nearly as good and he will get blamed for it. That Mississippi QB they have sucks. He’s not good which is why they went and got Burrow in the first place.

MarketingBully
11-10-2019, 01:35 PM

Arkansas might be desperate enough to hire him and that would be $3-4 million a year. He’s not even considered an OC by title there. Coaches are more about egos then money anyway. He’s a hot name and if his agent is any good he will have a much better gig next year then Emsminger’s lackey.

dawgday166
11-10-2019, 01:37 PM
Last year everyone said Burrow sucked and I said give him some time. Now Brennan will suck even tho he will be a RS Jr next year, with all those WRs back and CEH too (unless he goes pro). Jefferson may could go pro. They lose 2 OLinemen too. Majority of offense appears to be coming back depending on who declares for draft. CEH may not go, but he is way more draft worthy than Hill is.

MarketingBully
11-10-2019, 01:42 PM
Last year everyone said Burrow sucked and I said give him some time. Now Brennan will suck even tho he will be a RS Jr next year, with all those WRs back and CEH too (unless he goes pro). Jefferson may could go pro. They lose 2 OLinemen too. Majority of offense appears to be coming back depending on who declares for draft. CEH may not go, but he is way more draft worthy than Hill is.

Dude, Brennan sucks. He’s the reason they went and got Burrow in the first place.

dawgday166
11-10-2019, 01:44 PM
Dude, Brennan sucks. He’s the reason they went and got Burrow in the first place.

Maybe so. Hadn't watched him play I don't think. OSU thought Burrow sucked tho. But even if Brennan does suck, after this year LSU probably won't have a problem getting a top tier transfer QB is necessary.

ETA: And as I said earlier, everyone on this board was laughing at LSU for going and getting Burrow last year. Everyone said he sucked too.

RougeDawg
11-10-2019, 07:21 PM
Any QB will look better with the talent LSU has at every other position, most importantly the WR position. With the offense they have now an average QB would play above their talent level. And on the flip side if we had just half of the WR?s that LSU and Bama have, Fitz would have appeared to be better. When your WR?s have hands like snakes, it does not matter who you have under/behind center.

MarketingBully
11-10-2019, 08:19 PM
Any QB will look better with the talent LSU has at every other position, most importantly the WR position. With the offense they have now an average QB would play above their talent level. And on the flip side if we had just half of the WR?s that LSU and Bama have, Fitz would have appeared to be better. When your WR?s have hands like snakes, it does not matter who you have under/behind center.

Hell, if Fitz had AJ Brown we’d have been markedly better on offense. Look what Brown is doing in the NFL and that was done with no coaching whatsoever. I still say that was the biggest boneheaded recruiting loss I’ve ever seen. Had we had a more aimiable coach and WR friendly offense under Mullen we’d of had Brown.

Homedawg
11-10-2019, 09:11 PM
Hell, if Fitz had AJ Brown we’d have been markedly better on offense. Look what Brown is doing in the NFL and that was done with no coaching whatsoever. I still say that was the biggest boneheaded recruiting loss I’ve ever seen. Had we had a more aimiable coach and WR friendly offense under Mullen we’d of had Brown.

No. No, we wouldn't have gotten aj....

smootness
11-10-2019, 10:18 PM
My guess is that they get in the grad transfer game, but as Oklahoma is about to find out, that will destroy your QB recruiting & it's tough to build anything sustainable.

? Their QB recruiting has been fantastic