PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas HC?

msstate7
11-09-2019, 09:29 PM
I think they should target these 3...

1. Hugh freeze (assuming he can be hired in the sec)

2. Norvell

3. Willie fritz

Cooterpoot
11-09-2019, 09:29 PM
Novell will be the guy.

HailStateSZN19
11-09-2019, 09:37 PM
I know they can offer him a serious raise but would Norvell take the Arky job with where that program is at? He seems very content at Memphis until the perfect situation opens up and as long as no one has a problem with his rumored problems whether they’re true or not. He’d have a serious rebuild on his hands at Arky whereas somewhere else in much better position as a program might throw some serious money at him this offseason or next.

TrapGame
11-09-2019, 09:38 PM
Freeze is probably working the phones hard but I think it will be Mike Norvell.

Jack Lambert
11-09-2019, 09:43 PM
Gus might tale the opportunity to get the hell out of Auburn and reset the clock at Arkansas. Auburn might lose a lot of talent after this season.

HoopsDawg
11-09-2019, 09:44 PM
I think they should target these 3...

1. Hugh freeze (assuming he can be hired in the sec)

2. Novell

3. Willie fritz

Disagree on Fritz.

I would go:

1. Norvell
2. Freeze
3. Brady

msstate7
11-09-2019, 09:47 PM
If auburn makes a move, Gus would be a top choice too

Coursesuper
11-09-2019, 09:48 PM
It will be whoever Jerry Jones says it will be.

Really Clark?
11-09-2019, 09:49 PM
Gus might tale the opportunity to get the hell out of Auburn and reset the clock at Arkansas. Auburn might lose a lot of talent after this season.

I doubt he would be willing to give up that contract and ARK can’t afford that massive buyout.

Saltydog
11-09-2019, 09:49 PM
I'd take Willie Fritz to get Will Hall as OC. He's going to be a big time OC somewhere and I think he'll eventually be a d1 h/c.

Coach34
11-09-2019, 09:50 PM
It's the GusBus job until he turns it down. He would be dumb to turn it down this time

DeputyDawg94
11-09-2019, 09:51 PM
Are y’all forgetting the *** when you mention freeze?

Coursesuper
11-09-2019, 09:53 PM
It's the GusBus job until he turns it down. He would be dumb to turn it down this time

This is what I’m hearing Jerry wants and will pay for. Just depends on whether or not Gus will go.

Political Hack
11-09-2019, 09:53 PM
Novell would be a great fit IMO. Bill Clark will be somewhere else next year too most likely.

basedog
11-09-2019, 09:57 PM

It has been bad blood with Gus and the Hogs. Maybe things have changed.

msstate7
11-09-2019, 10:03 PM

Freeze is doing a good job at liberty

Coursesuper
11-09-2019, 10:08 PM

Hugh Freezus is a piece of shit human being that is with those just like him hiding behind religion to make money. 17 that guy.

HoopsDawg
11-09-2019, 10:11 PM

Freeze coached at Arkansas State. He has no shame when it comes to recruiting. He runs an exciting offense. And he's won everywhere he's been.

Todd4State
11-09-2019, 10:15 PM

He's decent. Losing to BYU tonight. He has also played two FCS schools and has 0-9 New Mexico State on the schedule twice.

The new NCAA rules are good news for him and Liberty because they have a ton of money and Freeze has shown that he can win with paid players. He's not good enough to win on his wits much beyond 6-6.

DeputyDawg94
11-09-2019, 10:17 PM
I just can’t stand the man and it has nothing to do with him and hookers.

HoopsDawg
11-09-2019, 10:19 PM
I just can’t stand the man and it has nothing to do with him and hookers.

I'm with you, but he can win. Especially at a place like Ole Miss, AU, and Arkansas. Would do well at FSU too.

DeputyDawg94
11-09-2019, 10:28 PM
I'm with you, but he can win. Especially at a place like Ole Miss, AU, and Arkansas. Would do well at FSU too.
I’d like to see him at FSU just to see Dan’s reaction, otherwise I hope he’s a failure in coaching for the rest of his life.

WPS
11-09-2019, 10:38 PM
Kiffin is a name that has been tossed around since our AD almost hired him at Houston but most want Norvell (if we can get him).

HoopsDawg
11-09-2019, 10:46 PM
Kiffin is a name that has been tossed around since our AD almost hired him at Houston but most want Norvell (if we can get him).

To me Kiffin has as much baggage as Freeze, but Freeze is a better coach.

PGHBulldogBG
11-09-2019, 10:48 PM
Norvell is overrated. Arkansas should through their money at Klieman or Rhule

BeardoMSU
11-09-2019, 10:48 PM

This. The love affair with Freshwater is somewhat baffling.

msstate7
11-09-2019, 10:49 PM

They aren't getting either of those guys.

parabrave
11-09-2019, 11:06 PM
It will be whoever Jerry Jones says it will be.

Yep. Maybe another SMU coach.

Todd4State
11-09-2019, 11:08 PM

To me it's the opposite. I don't think Kiffin has nearly as much baggage as Freeze either.

msstate7
11-09-2019, 11:11 PM
Yep. Maybe another SMU coach.

Dykes wouldn't be a bad choice

HoopsDawg
11-09-2019, 11:12 PM
To me it's the opposite. I don't think Kiffin has nearly as much baggage as Freeze either.

You hate all things Ole Miss and I respect that. It clouds your judgement but respect.

Really Clark?
11-09-2019, 11:46 PM

They don’t have near enough money to get Rhule. Not even close. Klieman is not leaving KST in his first year. Maybe if a premier job comes along but I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t stay at KST for a while.

Todd4State
11-10-2019, 12:08 AM
You hate all things Ole Miss and I respect that. It clouds your judgement but respect.

How so? Freeze doesn't coach at Ole Miss anymore.

As far as I know Kiffin has never been fired for being connected to prostitutes. That's illegal and something that you can be arrested for. I can't think of Kiffin doing anything like that. And at least Kiffin doesn't try to justify the things he does with Christianity.

And yes, I do think that Kiffin is a better coach than Freeze as well. Outside of winning with someone else's players at Arkansas State for one season and winning at Ole Miss with players that were paid for Freeze hasn't won anything. Even with the players that were bought and paid for Freeze managed to lose to Memphis and get shut down by Florida on the road. And he also was dominated by Arkansas and TCU in 2014 with several first round draft picks. Outside of that he is essentially a 6-6 coach.

Todd4State
11-10-2019, 12:13 AM
They don’t have near enough money to get Rhule. Not even close. Klieman is not leaving KST in his first year. Maybe if a premier job comes along but I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t stay at KST for a while.

The real question here is will Jerry Jones get in the way or not? Morris was very risky based on his record at SMU. His record there was extremely pedestrian.

I have a feeling that they would be much better off with him mostly out of the picture. They probably could land Norvell (from Arkansas), maybe Mahlzahn if he gets tired of Auburn which is unknown at this time, or Lane Kiffin (Dad used to coach at Arkansas). They could probably land Skip Holtz from La Tech as well and have a connection there too. And that's not to mention the other potential candidates that don't have ties there that they could go after.

Bothrops
11-10-2019, 12:29 AM

Too much of a lateral move.

Randolph Dupree
11-10-2019, 06:12 AM
If you're an up and comer, one of the hot names in college football, do you take your shot on this? Money talks but it wouldn't shock me if Arky ends up going the retread route.

TNDawg35
11-10-2019, 09:07 AM
I doubt he would be willing to give up that contract and ARK can?t afford that massive buyout.

Jerry Jones said he will buy whoever the hell he wants...

gravedigger
11-10-2019, 09:22 AM
I doubt he would be willing to give up that contract and ARK can’t afford that massive buyout.

With Walmart and jerry Jones money?

Who else has that backing?

TheLostDawg
11-10-2019, 09:33 AM
So how long until Morris ends up as an analyst at Alabama

Really Clark?
11-10-2019, 10:45 AM
With Walmart and jerry Jones money?

Who else has that backing?

They still have Bert’s buyout (which they are fighting to not pay), Morris buyout and then Gus huge buyout and a salary of $7MIL+ per year...that’s a lot even for them

TALL DAWG
11-10-2019, 11:09 AM
They still have Bert?s buyout (which they are fighting to not pay), Morris buyout and then Gus huge buyout and a salary of $7MIL+ per year...that?s a lot even for them

Lol...that is literally chicken feed for those 2 groups!!

msstate7
11-10-2019, 11:10 AM

Yeah, but are they willing to spend it?

WPS
11-10-2019, 11:15 AM
They don?t have near enough money to get Rhule. Not even close. Klieman is not leaving KST in his first year. Maybe if a premier job comes along but I wouldn?t be surprised if he doesn?t stay at KST for a while.

I think Rhule is holding out for an NFL job but we did offer Malzahn $7 million per year so money isn?t necessarily an issue for the right guy. Rumors are Morris will settle on the buyout around $5 million.

It will be nice to have an AD in place this time since we didn?t when Morris was hired.

msstate7
11-10-2019, 11:16 AM
I think Rhule is holding out for an NFL job but we did offer Malzahn $7 million per year so money isn?t necessarily an issue for the right guy. Rumors are Morris will settle on the buyout around $5 million.

It will be nice to have an AD in place this time since we didn?t when Morris was hired.

7 million? Wow, that changes things then... you could get someone with 7

Really Clark?
11-10-2019, 12:35 PM

Sure. That’s why they paid so much to get Morris. Look you have $10 MIL to Morris, $12 MIL to Bert, a min of $7 MIL per year for Gus for 6 years so that’s $42 MIL plus $7 MIL (I think that’s correct) to buyout Gus at Auburn. $71 MIL total commitment is a lot of money even for them and if they want to get tied up for that much.

Really Clark?
11-10-2019, 12:36 PM

It’s being reported he will get his $10MIL buyout...interesting to see if he would be willing to take less.