PDA

View Full Version : I would guess Tua doesn't play against us.

MetEdDawg
11-09-2019, 08:14 PM
I still think we lose badly. But I have a feeling Bama won't expose Tua and will try to get him healthy for Auburn.

He was limping very noticeably during the game and it was obvious after the game.

dawgday166
11-09-2019, 08:15 PM
He better ... LSU only scored 36 on us. Bama don't need 2 losses *****

Turfdawg67
11-09-2019, 08:15 PM
Najee will run for a bajillion yards anyway.

MaroonFlounder
11-09-2019, 08:19 PM
Najee will run for a bajillion yards anyway.

Yep. Without Gay and Autry, it will be ugly.

Apoplectic
11-09-2019, 08:26 PM
I still think we lose badly. But I have a feeling Bama won't expose Tua and will try to get him healthy for Auburn.

He was limping very noticeably during the game and it was obvious after the game.

yep noticed the losing game pimp limp

RocketDawg
11-09-2019, 08:31 PM
yep noticed the losing game pimp limp

He probably would've been a bit more spry if they'd won.

Liverpooldawg
11-09-2019, 08:33 PM
It won't matter. They destroy us anyway. The thing that strikes me is that he shouldn't have played tonight. I don't like Nick Saban, but I have always respected him. Watching Tua limp off tonight, after surgery 20 days ago, that's just wrong. Saban basically said your future be damned, you play tonight.

MetEdDawg
11-09-2019, 08:37 PM
It won't matter. They destroy us anyway. The thing that strikes me is that he shouldn't have played tonight. I don't like Nick Saban, but I have always respected him. Watching Tua limp off tonight, after surgery 20 days ago, that's just wrong. Saban basically said your future be damned, you play tonight.

Which is why Bama has a bad rap around the NFL. Some stuff came out a couple years ago about how some of the Bama players physicals were coming back, especially ones on defense. Said on some of them it looked like they had wear and tear similar to guys that had played 2 or 3 years in the NFL.

msstate7
11-09-2019, 08:41 PM
Which is why Bama has a bad rap around the NFL. Some stuff came out a couple years ago about how some of the Bama players physicals were coming back, especially ones on defense. Said on some of them it looked like they had wear and tear similar to guys that had played 2 or 3 years in the NFL.

Is that why they had 3 more taken in the 1st round last year? Where can I find this report?

MetEdDawg
11-09-2019, 08:44 PM
Is that why they had 3 more taken in the 1st round last year? Where can I find this report?

Of course they are gonna get taken. They are better players. But they wear down fast. Look at the injury history of Bama players in the NFL.

But here you go. Here's just a little snippet. You should be able to take it from there.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/nick-saban-denies-claims-alabamas-nfl-players-injury-prone/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000662511/article/saban-resents-notion-that-alabama-players-enter-nfl-worn-down%3fnetworkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%253Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%253Dstory&env&pageKeyValues=prtnr%253Dcollege-football%3bplyr%253Deddie_lacy%3bplyr%253Dashawn_r obinson%3bplyr%253Dcyrus_jones&p.ct=CFB%2b24/7&p.adsm=false&p.tcm=%2523ffffff&p.bgc1m=%2523000000&sr=amp

Coach34
11-09-2019, 08:45 PM
Would be shocked if Tua doesnt play.

msstate7
11-09-2019, 08:48 PM

Same reasoning you said why Stevens wouldn't miss the ark game

msstate7
11-09-2019, 08:51 PM
Of course they are gonna get taken. They are better players. But they wear down fast. Look at the injury history of Bama players in the NFL.

But here you go. Here's just a little snippet. You should be able to take it from there.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/nick-saban-denies-claims-alabamas-nfl-players-injury-prone/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000662511/article/saban-resents-notion-that-alabama-players-enter-nfl-worn-down%3fnetworkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%253Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%253Dstory&env&pageKeyValues=prtnr%253Dcollege-football%3bplyr%253Deddie_lacy%3bplyr%253Dashawn_r obinson%3bplyr%253Dcyrus_jones&p.ct=CFB%2b24/7&p.adsm=false&p.tcm=%2523ffffff&p.bgc1m=%2523000000&sr=amp

I'm just seeing saban quotes responding to no one in particular. I thought you were saying NFL executives were releasing those quotes.

Coach34
11-09-2019, 08:52 PM
I'm not saying he wont have an early hook- but just dont see him not making the start.

I was shocked Stevens started vs UPig because there is no reason to start him at this point. Play Shrader and get him better. I never said if Shrader is hurt play him hurt.

MetEdDawg
11-09-2019, 08:53 PM
I'm just seeing saban quotes responding to no one in particular. I thought you were saying NFL executives were releasing those quotes.

They can't release those quotes publicly. NFL would be really upset if executives were publicly releasing comments like that. But that was the talk around that draft that year.

TimberBeast
11-09-2019, 08:54 PM
He doesn’t need to play against us. I just hope saban isn’t pissed off after tonight.

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2019, 08:58 PM
If I were an NFL GM, I'd take Tua off my draft board due to the limping crap. He seems to embelish it for sympathy

Something about that guy, the way he carries himself, & fragility would scare the crap out of me as an NFL GM.

Not saying he isn't good, but he'd have to be good for someone else if I were drafting because there is no way in hell I could rest my franchise on him

Coursesuper
11-09-2019, 09:07 PM

He's going to want to go, he's a football player.

msstate7
11-09-2019, 09:10 PM
If I were an NFL GM, I'd take Tua off my draft board due to the limping crap. He seems to embelish it for sympathy

Something about that guy, the way he carries himself, & fragility would scare the crap out of me as an NFL GM.

Not saying he isn't good, but he'd have to be good for someone else if I were drafting because there is no way in hell I could rest my franchise on him

You wouldn't be an nfl GM if you remove a great talent bc of your gut feeling. Would I take tua top 5? No. Would I take him completely off my board? Hell no bc I'm not an idiot

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2019, 09:18 PM
You wouldn't be an nfl GM if you remove a great talent bc of your gut feeling. Would I take tua top 5? No. Would I take him completely off my board? Hell no bc I'm not an idiot

Correct. When I said "take him off my board" I meant take him out of consideration of where he is expected to go in the draft.

If he were there in the 2nd round, then I'd consider him because I really wouldn't be resting the future of my franchise on him at that point

Political Hack
11-09-2019, 09:21 PM
He just had his ankle surgically repaired and you think he's a question mark because he was limping after a game he put up 40 points in?

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2019, 09:27 PM
He just had his ankle surgically repaired and you think he's a question mark because he was limping after a game he put up 40 points in?

He limps all the time. It wasn't just about tonight. It's become a consistent issue that I would guess he's done his entire life when things aren't going his way.

I think it' would be really interesting to go back & watch some old HS games that he played in & struggled to see if he did it then.

I've seen him do it enough that I think it's an unconscious defense mechanism. An excuse of sorts, even when it's actually a good excuse.

Just my instinct on it. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out

Commercecomet24
11-09-2019, 09:36 PM
I don't think he plays against us either. Nick will run it down our throats and get out of here quick hoping he doesn't get anyone else hurt.

TUSK
11-09-2019, 10:28 PM

Yeah.

Oh, no.