PDA

View Full Version : Morris out at Arkansas

Coursesuper
11-09-2019, 06:20 PM
Players meeting with officials from school 20 min ago.

shannondawg
11-09-2019, 06:22 PM
I figured he wouldn't make it to the half.

OLJWales
11-09-2019, 06:22 PM
damn. outstanding inside info sir.

HoopsDawg
11-09-2019, 06:24 PM
mstate7's boy.

TrapGame
11-09-2019, 06:25 PM
Norvell or Napier will be off the board soon then.

msstate7
11-09-2019, 06:25 PM
mstate7's boy.

Where did this start? Haha. All I've ever said about Morris is he shouldn't be flipping our recruits... I stand by that

msstate7
11-09-2019, 06:26 PM
Norvell or Napier will be off the board soon then.

Add Brady. I think they may roll the dice

RocketDawg
11-09-2019, 06:27 PM
One of the most non-surprising firings ever.

HoopsDawg
11-09-2019, 06:28 PM
One of the most non-surprising firings ever.

That's two 2nd year coaches out. Can I get a third?

HoopsDawg
11-09-2019, 06:29 PM
Where did this start? Haha. All I've ever said about Morris is he shouldn't be flipping our recruits... I stand by that

My memory is usually pretty good. I thought you were pretty hyped on Morris at Arkansas a couple of years ago.

msstate7
11-09-2019, 06:29 PM

That'll be answered about the time the TVs so on sale at Walmart thanksgiving

OLJWales
11-09-2019, 06:31 PM
UPIG sucks worse than I ever thought possible. The ass kicking we laid on them really hurt the hell out of them. they are dead now. Gonna be an interesting month for them. How many successful head coaches can come to die there? They are on a miserable streak.

TrapGame
11-09-2019, 06:32 PM

Is the Rutgers' job still open?

msstate7
11-09-2019, 06:32 PM
My memory is usually pretty good. I thought you were pretty hyped on Morris at Arkansas a couple of years ago.

I think you should check. I've never been excited or down on Morris. Jimbo, kelly, and frost were the hires I loved that cycle... all guys need a big year next season to be the hires I thought they were

HoopsDawg
11-09-2019, 06:35 PM
I think you should check. I've never been excited or down on Morris. Jimbo, kelly, and frost were the hires I loved that cycle... all guys need a big year next season to be the hires I thought they were

Ok, I'll take your word for it.

HoopsDawg
11-09-2019, 06:36 PM
Is the Rutgers' job still open?

Why yes it is.

Coursesuper
11-09-2019, 06:37 PM
UPIG sucks worse than I ever thought possible. The ass kicking we laid on them really hurt the hell out of them. they are dead now. Gonna be an interesting month for them. How many successful head coaches can come to die there? They are on a miserable streak.

They were done when we played them, they quit after they played A&M. Severe locker room problems there.

Turfdawg67
11-09-2019, 06:39 PM
mstate7's boy.

I believe you praised the hire too.

HoopsDawg
11-09-2019, 06:44 PM
I believe you praised the hire too.

Not going to lie, I liked Morris more than Moorhead. Not convinced Moorhead would have done any better at Arkansas, but he certainly couldn't have done worse.

DogsofAnarchy
11-09-2019, 06:56 PM

No because our administration is not dedicated to being competitive in Football.

HoopsDawg
11-09-2019, 06:58 PM
No because our administration is not dedicated to being competitive in Football.

Their actions the past couple of years would say you are correct.

RocketDawg
11-09-2019, 07:05 PM

They were both doing a much worse job than Joe though, all things considered. We'll see how we do over the next 3, maybe 4, games.

Liverpooldawg
11-09-2019, 07:07 PM

That's idiotic.

Liverpooldawg
11-09-2019, 07:10 PM
Their actions the past couple of years would say you are correct.

No it's not. Don't be an idiot. Good lord you people have lost it. Your arguments about Joe are legitimate if a bit premature, but stuff like THAT is just silly. It hurts your overall argument in a big way.

Liverpooldawg
They were both doing a much worse job than Joe though, all things considered. We'll see how we do over the next 3, maybe 4, games.

This

msstate7

Joe stepped into so much better of a situation that it's almost impossible to compare. Moorhead took over a pretty solid program and he's making much, much less solid

HoopsDawg
11-09-2019, 07:12 PM
No it's not. Don't be an idiot. Good lord you people have lost it. Your arguments about Joe are legitimate if a bit premature, but stuff like THAT is just silly. It hurts your overall argument in a big way.

Cohen has done nothing the past couple of years to advance our football program. Right down to going cheap on the S&C coach. I don't necessarily agree with the poster, but he's not totally out of line in saying that. All of our progress came under Byrne and Stricklin. Cohen still has a lot to prove IMO.

HoopsDawg
11-09-2019, 07:12 PM
Joe stepped into so much better of a situation that it's almost impossible to compare. Moorhead took over a pretty solid program and he's making much, much less solid

This

TrapGame
11-09-2019, 07:13 PM

Bingo!

Coursesuper
11-09-2019, 07:19 PM
Cohen has done nothing the past couple of years to advance our football program. Right down to going cheap on the S&C coach. I don't necessarily agree with the poster, but he's not totally out of line in saying that. All of our progress came under Byrne and Stricklin. Cohen still has a lot to prove IMO.

This!

maroonmania
11-09-2019, 07:21 PM
Sad part is that its crystal clear that we can't take ANYTHING away from our own team based on last week's game. We will have to wait until the OM game to know if we are any better than we were during the losing streak.

Liverpooldawg
11-09-2019, 07:26 PM
This

Actually he stepped into an impossible situation due to fan expectations. Our offense, whether Joe or Mullen was the coach, was nowhere near good enough to win what our fans expected due to the defensive talent we had. We did about what we should have, and Joe paid the price for not working an offensive miracle.

OLJWales
11-09-2019, 07:34 PM
Whomever made the S&C coach decision needs to be fired yesterday. If you don't have a clue as to how important that part is, go flip burgers.

maroonmania
11-09-2019, 07:40 PM
Actually he stepped into an impossible situation due to fan expectations. Our offense, whether Joe or Mullen was the coach, was nowhere near good enough to win what our fans expected due to the defensive talent we had. We did about what we should have, and Joe paid the price for not working an offensive miracle.

So you think if Mullen would have stayed we would have only scored 16 points combined against KY, FL, LSU and AL? If Mullen had given us one more year there is no doubt in my mind the offense would have been good enough in the same system they had been playing in to have won 10 games, maybe even 11 during the regular season. NF having to learn a whole new offense while at the same time trying to rehab his ankle killed the offense and the season.

Really Clark?
11-09-2019, 07:42 PM

He poured gas onto those expectations...I honestly think he really didn?t (and probably until the Tenn debacle) have understanding how tough this league is and how quickly defenses adjust to what you are doing. Then stubbornly don?t change or adjust. Call it being in over his head or just stubborn belief in wanting to score a certain way within his system.

DownwardDawg
11-09-2019, 07:47 PM

I agree. Their comments make them look stupid. Let?s see, we didn?t care so we offered Dan $6 million/ year to stay. When he said no, we hired the top coordinator in the country who many in football said was a great hire. Now, it turned out to be a terrible hire but to say our administration doesn?t care is just ridiculous.

Coach34
11-09-2019, 07:54 PM

What a dumb take.

The offense that was 41st in the country in 2017 and returned 8 starters shouldn't expect to be a top 30 or so offense in 2018? That's just being dumb right there. Finishing 68th and falling 27 spots with more weapons and more experience is grounds for firing. Coordinators lose their job for shit like that every year

msstate7
11-09-2019, 07:55 PM
What a dumb take.

The offense that was 41st in the country in 2017 and returned 8 starters shouldn't expect to be a top 30 or so offense in 2018? That's just being dumb right there. Finishing 68th and falling 27 spots with more weapons and more experience is grounds for firing. Coordinators lose their job for shit like that every year

Consider the poster, mr. excuse

Coach34
11-09-2019, 08:00 PM
Consider the poster, mr. excuse

Exactly. LSU has installed a new offense with a 5th year QB this season- why haven't they dropped 27 spots and underperformed?

NWADAWG
11-09-2019, 08:03 PM

Isn't there a popular theory about things happening in threes

Turfdawg67
11-09-2019, 08:09 PM
Since like most threads, this has been degraded to a JoMo sucks thread... lead by the usual douches, let's get back to Chad Morris. And since you brought up dumbass takes... here's a beaut! For a bonus, check out the "coffee" signature. Oh wait, you still got it.

https://i.postimg.cc/MH6T7M72/D957-E93-E-8434-45-C9-AAFB-911-DEDCA2-BE8.jpg

dawgday166
11-09-2019, 08:10 PM
What a dumb take.

You expected something different from said poster??

Coach34
11-09-2019, 08:18 PM
Since like most threads, this has been degraded to a JoMo sucks thread... lead by the usual douches, let's get back to Chad Morris. And since you brought up dumbass takes... here's a beaut! For a bonus, check out the "coffee" signature. Oh wait, you still got it.

A) Morris did appear to be a good hire at the time- much like JoVester. Both have turned out to be bad unfortunately.

B) That sig is not mine- that was done by Scooba. I've left it because I really don't give a ****

Bothrops
11-09-2019, 08:21 PM
Tough place to win, just like Starkville and Oxford, but perhaps even more challenging because of location.

Liverpooldawg
11-09-2019, 08:26 PM

What exactly to you want him to. Do other than Fire Joe tonight? That would be lunacy tonight. Let this season play out.

Bubb Rubb
11-09-2019, 09:12 PM

This post, in its entirety, is grade A bullshit.

All state fans want is a competent coach. Nobody is expecting Knute Rockne. What we do expect is a disciplined, prepared football team that plays with effort and is built around player strength.

DeputyDawg94
11-09-2019, 11:08 PM
This post, in its entirety, is grade A bullshit.

All state fans want is a competent coach. Nobody is expecting Knute Rockne. What we do expect is a disciplined, prepared football team that plays with effort and is built around player strength.
Yep

MarketingBully
11-10-2019, 05:01 AM

I literally lol?d. Touche