PDA

View Full Version : Arms race

TheLostDawg
11-09-2019, 04:30 PM
Who is starting the go fund me to get Joe Brady?

HoopsDawg
11-09-2019, 04:31 PM
I'm in.

MetEdDawg
11-09-2019, 04:49 PM
Would be a great OC for us

HoopsDawg
11-09-2019, 05:05 PM
Would be a great OC for us

I don't think he would come here just to save Joe's job. But it would be worth offering him a million to see.

msstate7
11-09-2019, 05:09 PM
I don't think he would come here just to save Joe's job. But it would be worth offering him a million to see.

There isn't a chance in hell he'd come to be our OC

HoopsDawg
11-09-2019, 05:16 PM
There isn't a chance in hell he'd come to be our OC

He has a relationship with Joe, but yeah, I agree.

bobtail bob
11-09-2019, 05:18 PM

LSU and the state of Louisiana would let a thousand kids with cancer die to pony up whatever to keep him

MetEdDawg
11-09-2019, 05:19 PM

I completely agree. He's gonna wait 2 years when a reasonable/attractive HC job opens up then will take it.

bobtail bob
11-09-2019, 05:20 PM
Tua is hot garbage

msstate7
11-09-2019, 05:22 PM
Tua is hot garbage
He isn't garbage, but I wouldn't take him 1-1

HoopsDawg
11-09-2019, 05:24 PM
He isn't garbage, but I wouldn't take him 1-1

Tua's really good, but man he has some serious weapons to throw too. Makes it a little harder to evaluate him.

Lord McBuckethead
11-09-2019, 05:39 PM
His lower body health has been an issue for 2 straight seasons. He is very dominate when healthy. He does have some of the best WR in the league. He also has a dang good running game and offensive line. Between him and Burrow, I take Burrow. Between him and sunshine at Clemson, I take sunshine.

Tua may be the 4-6th best qb in this class.

HoopsDawg
11-09-2019, 05:44 PM
His lower body health has been an issue for 2 straight seasons. He is very dominate when healthy. He does have some of the best WR in the league. He also has a dang good running game and offensive line. Between him and Burrow, I take Burrow. Between him and sunshine at Clemson, I take sunshine.

Tua may be the 4-6th best qb in this class.

I might take Fields over him, I don't know.

As for Brady, screw it, offer him the head coaching position.

msstate7
11-09-2019, 05:50 PM
I might take Fields over him, I don't know.

As for Brady, screw it, offer him the head coaching position.

I think ark may

bobtail bob
11-09-2019, 05:55 PM
NT

HoopsDawg
11-09-2019, 06:00 PM
I think ark may

They have nothing to lose at this point. High risk, but high reward. He's only 30. But Sean McVay is 33. Lincoln Riley is 36.

smootness
11-09-2019, 07:00 PM
We'd have to make him HC to get him. And if this was 2 years ago, I might do it. But there's too much risk there. Moorhead was thought to be an offensive genius, too.

TrapGame
11-09-2019, 07:05 PM
We'd have to make him HC to get him. And if this was 2 years ago, I might do it. But there's too much risk there. Moorhead was thought to be an offensive genius, too.

And Joe has some head coaching experience.

TheLostDawg
11-09-2019, 08:34 PM
LSU and the state of Louisiana would let a thousand kids with cancer die to pony up whatever to keep him

Sad but true

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2019, 09:05 PM
- Brady is too young to be an SEC head coach right now. That's ridiculous & a completely immature opinion by anyone offering it up.

- Not saying Brady isn't an excellent coach because I was extremely impressed by the play calling on that last drive tonight, but let's put things into perspective. Brady took over the biggest market inefficiency in college football, which was LSU's offense & is closely followed by Georgia's offense. LSU has some of the best offensive personnel in college football over the past 20 years, but ran an offense that was stuck in 1992. Point is, he's good but, after LSU being coached so poorly on the offensive side for the better half of 30 years, it was a perfect spot to shine. Let's not make it more than that

msstate7
11-09-2019, 09:08 PM
- Brady is too young to be an SEC head coach right now. That's ridiculous & a completely immature opinion by anyone offering it up.

- Not saying Brady isn't an excellent coach because I was extremely impressed by the play calling on that last drive tonight, but let's put things into perspective. Brady took over the biggest market inefficiency in college football, which was LSU's offense & is closely followed by Georgia's offense. LSU has some of the best offensive personnel in college football over the past 20 years, but ran an offense that was stuck in 1992. Point is, he's good but, after LSU being coached so poorly on the offensive side for the better half of 30 years, it was a perfect spot to shine. Let's not make it more than that

How old was mcvay when the rams hired him?

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2019, 09:15 PM
How old was mcvay when the rams hired him?

I think it's far easier to hire an extremely young coach in the NFL than college.

In the NFL, the coaches are surrounded by more infrastructure such as a GM & scouting department that limit the head coach's responsibilities while also coaching professionals that can be motivated by a pay check or the fear of not receiving a pay check.

As a college coach, you have to be a little more of a father figure, motivate guys to play at an effort level they've never played at, handle the job of both GM & the scouting department, & handle academic issues.

Being a college coach IMO just requires a much larger field of experience & maturity level to handle

I'm not saying that Brady has to wait 10 years to be a head coach, but I wouldn't touch him as my head coach till he was 35 or so.