PDA

View Full Version : Is it wrong for Arkansas fans to root for losses now?

cheewgumm
11-09-2019, 01:31 PM
Be honest.

msstate7
11-09-2019, 01:31 PM
They aren't true Walmart if they do**

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2019, 01:33 PM
My issue with rooting for losses is that it shouldn't matter.

It should matter if Arkansas pulls out a win vs Western Kentucky. It doesn't make them any better coached.

DogsofAnarchy
11-09-2019, 01:34 PM
They don’t have to root to lose. They will do that anyway. Their players have quit. Bad coaching caught up with them.

Indndawg
11-09-2019, 01:35 PM
NO

cheewgumm
11-09-2019, 01:39 PM
Shotgun... it shouldn?t matter but it does.

Bothrops
11-09-2019, 01:40 PM
I'm not sure how much more proof is needed for Arkansas to see the light concerning Morris. And that Jones qb would be about 2nd or 3rd string at USM.

Todd4State
11-09-2019, 01:44 PM
The sad difference is they can root for their team because the damage is done whereas at MSU we need five years to see if the coach can turn it around or not. So we’re forced into the weird position of pulling for losses because of our athletic administration incompetence.

cheewgumm
11-09-2019, 01:49 PM
Todd, you?re right.!but it is a fact.

DogsofAnarchy
11-09-2019, 01:50 PM
The sad difference is they can root for their team because the damage is done whereas at MSU we need five years to see if the coach can turn it around or not. So we’re forced into the weird position of pulling for losses because of our athletic administration incompetence.

Our administration will let the JoMo Show run us into the ground. Mark that down.

cheewgumm
11-09-2019, 01:57 PM
If we get to the point of being blown out by WKU at home, I hope the people on this board will finally agree it?s ok to root for a loss for the greater good.

And no cop outs by saying ?it shouldn?t matter?. Apparently it does matter so you have to choose.

Maroonthirteen
11-09-2019, 02:30 PM
If State fans want to sink to the level of Arkansas program (2 winless years of sec play and a loss to a sunbelt) by all means. Root for a 4 win season when a 6 win season is obtainable all for the purpose of firing of the coach. Genius.

cheewgumm
11-09-2019, 02:33 PM
We?re trying to avoid it.

HoopsDawg
11-09-2019, 02:36 PM
I hope they don't get Norvell. He may dip into MS and steal a couple of recruits. He may beat us on some LA kids too.

Liverpooldawg
11-09-2019, 02:41 PM
Be honest.

Yes

Liverpooldawg
11-09-2019, 02:42 PM
If we get to the point of being blown out by WKU at home, I hope the people on this board will finally agree it?s ok to root for a loss for the greater good.

And no cop outs by saying ?it shouldn?t matter?. Apparently it does matter so you have to choose.

If it gets that bad, you won't have to.

cheewgumm
11-09-2019, 02:43 PM
Funny nobody will say it?s ok. They just say it shouldn?t matter or you won?t have to.

Is it ok at that point? Obviously it is. If it?s not then why is it ok to fire him?

Liverpooldawg
11-09-2019, 02:47 PM
Funny nobody will say it?s ok. They just say it shouldn?t matter or you won?t have to.

Is it ok at that point? Obviously it is. If it?s not then why is it ok to fire him?

If you root for your team to lose you are one sad individual. I'd hate to be you.

Maroonthirteen
11-09-2019, 02:48 PM
We?re trying to avoid it.

Keep firing coaches because 6-6 isn’t good enough. 0-8 and a revolving coaches door will be the result.

Todd4State
11-09-2019, 03:24 PM
Todd, you?re right.!but it is a fact.

Our administration will let the JoMo Show run us into the ground. Mark that down.

It's very apparent to me that the only thing Cohen knows anything about is baseball. Everything else athletic related? Questionable at best which is being nice.

It's sad because I feel like we could do so much better. Heck we've proven it. I can't tell if the current AD just wants to save money, not try, or doesn't know how to do it. Or some combination of all of it.

Todd4State
11-09-2019, 03:25 PM
Keep firing coaches because 6-6 isn’t good enough. 0-8 and a revolving coaches door will be the result.

The consensus seems to be that Joe won't be fired if we go 6-6.

gravedigger
11-09-2019, 05:36 PM

Or our dunning Kruger fanbase

Todd4State
11-09-2019, 05:44 PM
Or our dunning Kruger fanbase

Our fans are not bringing in incompetent coaches and wanting them to stay for years on end to see if they can figure things out.

gravedigger
11-09-2019, 08:15 PM
Our fans are not bringing in incompetent coaches and wanting them to stay for years on end to see if they can figure things out.

Our message board fans are convinced that a Kentucky and Florida loss last year with a KSU and UT loss this year are justification for firing.

Maroonthirteen
11-09-2019, 08:18 PM
Our message board fans are convinced that a Kentucky and Florida loss last year with a KSU and UT loss this year are justification for firing.

Bingo. Dumb AF. And somehow equate us to Arkansas

msstate7
11-09-2019, 08:25 PM

We were favored in all. You gonna be jacked carrying water for joe. Why no mention of Iowa?

gravedigger
11-09-2019, 08:49 PM
We were favored in all. You gonna be jacked carrying water for joe. Why no mention of Iowa?

Because it was a bowl game vs a good team. And now you mention it, Kentucky was a 10 win team. And Florida was very good. And Kansas State isn?t as bad as folks thought. UT isn?t good, and was a bad loss.

So of the 4 games our fans are pinning this knee jerk reaction to, 3 of them are not really good arguments.

I guess your addition of Iowa makes it 4 bad arguments out of 5.

cheewgumm
11-09-2019, 09:21 PM
Joe i is about 2 games worse than expected. Last year should have won 10, we won 8.

This year we should have won 8 ( according to most) and we ?may? win 6.

Next year I bet preseason will be 8, and we?ll win 6 probably.

Lower your expectations by 2 games and all will be well.

Coursesuper
11-09-2019, 10:03 PM
One of my closest friends is a State turf grad from Arkansas, his entire family graduated from Arkansas but him but he still pulls for Arkansas. He?s wS very much pulling got a loss today and last week. And I don?t blame him one bit.

Todd4State
11-09-2019, 10:22 PM

Speaking for myself- it's more the fact that the team's lack of physical play is not sustainable in any way shape or form long term. S&C and ST can be fixed to a degree. Injuries and Tutor Gate are out of his hands mostly. But not being prepared and not having your team ready two years in a row falls completely on Joe. And when he comes out and says "we had a good week of practice" followed by a blow out loss where we can't line up right and get down 21-0 right off the bat or can't move the ball against a below average Tennessee team that is losing to Kentucky right now- THAT'S justification for firing. Because he has shown me that he has no clue how to fix it even though he appears to recognize it.

And the odds of him figuring it out between now and 2021 is pretty low. Typically it's better to put the fire out before waiting to see if it will go out on it's own before the house burns down.