PDA

View Full Version : Question about Mullen....

CadaverDawg
10-28-2013, 09:54 AM
I saw this mentioned in another thread on here, so I wanted to ask the board's opinion.

Do you think if Dan wins 8 games next year, he leaves for another job while he can?

Yes, it's hypothetical. And if not 8, what about 9 wins?

I'm just thinking with all the pressure that will surround him after this year, if he has a chance to go after next year, would he take it and get the heck out while he can.

Thoughts?

Coach34
10-28-2013, 10:05 AM
It's always possible. But it would most likely be a paycut involved as well as leaving the SEC. I dont see it

SnakePlissken
10-28-2013, 10:17 AM
If he wins 9 games next year we offer him a lifetime contract****

TheRef
10-28-2013, 10:18 AM
If he wins 9 games next year we offer him a lifetime contract****

Good thing it's against state law to do that or else those sarcastricks may not be needed.***

CadaverDawg
10-28-2013, 10:44 AM
It's always possible. But it would most likely be a paycut involved as well as leaving the SEC. I dont see it

Yea, I don't think I see him taking a pay cut. Plus, he will know that as long as we keep from scheduling Oklahoma states OOC, he will likely be here as long as he wants since all he has to do is win 6 games per year and beat nobody to keep our fan base happy.

Hypnodawg
10-28-2013, 10:56 AM
Yea, I don't think I see him taking a pay cut. Plus, he will know that as long as we keep from scheduling Oklahoma states OOC, he will likely be here as long as he wants since all he has to do is win 6 games per year and beat nobody to keep our fan base happy.
Sad but true

TrapGame
10-28-2013, 11:06 AM
I say he coaches like 2009-2010 gets 9 wins and a great bowl then leaves for UCONN. If the rumors are true about other things this is what will transpire.

Barking 13
10-28-2013, 11:11 AM
we can only hope.... I used to be on the keep him train, but frankly, I'm about sick of this shit show...

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-28-2013, 11:15 AM
If Ole Miss still sucked I would say that there is no chance of it happening. After they beat us the next two years he may decide to head out.

PMDawg
10-28-2013, 11:18 AM
i think he would jump on a chance to leave. I don't think he has wanted to be here since 2010 (after the 2010 season). I think he's aggravated that he's still here and that's a lot of his problem. I think he always wanted to turn this into a stepping stone to a bigger gig. Now he's feeling heat on top of it.

EngineerDawg
10-28-2013, 11:23 AM
I saw this mentioned in another thread on here, so I wanted to ask the board's opinion.

Do you think if Dan wins 8 games next year, he leaves for another job while he can?

Yes, it's hypothetical. And if not 8, what about 9 wins?

I'm just thinking with all the pressure that will surround him after this year, if he has a chance to go after next year, would he take it and get the heck out while he can.

Thoughts?

that hypothetical you present could actually be very plausible and could be why an "extension" is being discussed. It makes the most sense rather than us blatantly firing him (which I don't think will happen in 2013 or 2014). IMO, if Mullen leaves it will be his decision.

Side note:
Hasn't Mullen been trying to leverage a better job since arriving? I remember folks telling me he was pissed about the UF job and REALLY wanted the PSU job (regardless of sanctions).