PDA

View Full Version : "Ole Miss" moniker under fire again/still...

MedDawg
11-08-2019, 06:57 PM
https://www.chronicle.com/interactives/11082019-OleMiss?key=mi0Bff1vaLHL09_no2Emg4rqEql6NueAQ7c4O-Zs-cQgKCQ78aMBUjOHbdYnnNwoS0NCZXM1Z243UnNaUlJ5SlZHMER TdmU2ejFLMXdQUTdqTHVXM1czTmZmYw

lastmajordog
11-08-2019, 07:04 PM
delete

DownwardDawg
11-08-2019, 07:11 PM
Oh it’s coming. Just a matter of when, not if.

TrapGame
11-08-2019, 07:44 PM
There is a younger group of alums that have been pushing this for years. That's why they went through the whole black bear and now land shark nonsense. I think they are waiting for the old guard to fully die off before going full tilt and renaming the moniker UMiss instead of ole miss. Either way there are still fans and alums that are pissing mad these changes are happening. When this comes to a head it will be ugly and tear ole miss in two. And frankly, I can't wait. **** those shit birds.

Saltydog
11-08-2019, 08:48 PM
THIS will absolutely happen and I think it's in the not too distant future. Ole Miss has gone so PC that it's driving some of their alum away. Spoke with one today that said he was done with them and it's only going to get worse.

Goldendawg
11-08-2019, 08:55 PM
One reason for the Old Guard "hiring" their new Chancellor. Will soon see Pickett's Charge 2.0 and very politically incorrect Ole Miss and Rebels will be long gone. Welcome back University of Mississippi Flood, and the Flood will be the tears of the remaining older alums finding out all old times will be forgotten!

lastmajordog
11-08-2019, 10:21 PM
delete

tireddawg
11-08-2019, 10:26 PM
"Jemar Tisby has an unusual problem for a graduate student:" I'd say.
Why'd he go there if it bothers him that much?
Its gonna happen & the infighting will be glorious, although I'm not sure how hidden it will be.

Liverpooldawg
11-09-2019, 01:13 AM
There is a younger group of alums that have been pushing this for years. That's why they went through the whole black bear and now land shark nonsense. I think they are waiting for the old guard to fully die off before going full tilt and renaming the moniker UMiss instead of ole miss. Either way there are still fans and alums that are pissing mad these changes are happening. When this comes to a head it will be ugly and tear ole miss in two. And frankly, I can't wait. **** those shit birds.

Most of their young alums are NOT in that group. They glory in all that is Ole Miss just like the older ones do, with everything that means.

TheLostDawg
11-09-2019, 08:13 AM
The "flagship" University of the state