PDA

View Full Version : Chase Young

ShotgunDawg
11-08-2019, 10:57 AM
We?re about to see the NCAA cave to a blue blood again.

Young says he got a small loan from a family friend the Summer before his FR year and he has repaid it.

How big is a small loan?

Who is this family friend and why did they just meet before enrolling at Ohio State?

Can he prove he repaid it with his own funds?

Why is this just coming out before they play a bad Maryland team?

MSU players:

Will Redmond - ? Games for a discount on a car

Tutor gate = 8 games

Etc.

This is the Cam Newton situation 2.0 and every excuse will be given to OSU

Entodawg
11-08-2019, 11:10 AM
Sounds a little similar to Kevin Fant and the tires.

Tbonewannabe
11-08-2019, 11:11 AM
NCAA doesn't really pursue things. UM would have been given the death penalty from Tunsilgate if they actually investigated anything. They pretty much go with whatever rock solid evidence they can prove and also whatever the school (like MSU) gives them. Without us giving everything to the NCAA, Redmond probably misses 1 or 2 games. NCAA basically requires you to investigate yourself and we are one of the few dumb enough to do their job for them thoroughly.

QuadrupleOption
11-08-2019, 11:14 AM
Yeah we ****ed ourselves in both instances. While I really truly want our program to run clean I also really don't understand why the Hell we cut our own throats so often.

Tbonewannabe
11-08-2019, 11:17 AM
Sounds a little similar to Kevin Fant and the tires.

Tiregate was completely different. A booster just put their credit card down so that the store would put the tires on his truck until his parent could come down and pay for them. There wasn't actual money exchanged there. This is apparently like Tee Martin getting money to fix his car.

All you would have to do is follow the money and see if Chase "found a bag of money" to repay the loan. All money has to come from somewhere but the NCAA is apparently too dumb or lazy to actually follow it. If someone is making $25,000 per year and then has an extra $5-10k to pay back a loan then you simply ask where the money came from. The NCAA can withhold eligibility similar to what they did with Renardo Sidney. I don't know if they only have a few competent investigators or if they just randomly enforce things.

Cooterpoot
11-08-2019, 11:33 AM
Bracky would give us the death penalty if it wouldn’t eliminate his job.

Jack Lambert
11-08-2019, 11:35 AM
I don't know if that would be a issue. You have to live your life and if you borrow a little money from a close friend and that friend has been your family friend before you became a recruited athlete then I don't think that is a issue. You don't have to cut everyone off in your life to play football.

Todd4State
11-08-2019, 11:50 AM
Bracky would give us the death penalty if it wouldn’t eliminate his job.

And the NCAA would give him a trophy for exemplary cooperation.

Todd4State
11-08-2019, 11:51 AM
I don't know if that would be a issue. You have to live your life and if you borrow a little money from a close friend and that friend has been your family friend before you became a recruited athlete then I don't think that is a issue. You don't have to cut everyone off in your life to play football.

It’s still against NCAA rules.

Jack Lambert
11-08-2019, 12:01 PM

I not agreeing but not disagreeing.

confucius say
11-08-2019, 12:04 PM

Isnt that exactly what Leo ALLEGEDLY did with farrods dad and the ncaa said it was fine since he was a family friend long before high school?

Liverpooldawg
11-08-2019, 12:24 PM

If you have a long standing relationship with the person who loaned you the money it's not. It can't be a friend that befriended you when you got that 4th star.

Homedawg
11-08-2019, 12:44 PM
NCAA doesn't really pursue things. UM would have been given the death penalty from Tunsilgate if they actually investigated anything. They pretty much go with whatever rock solid evidence they can prove and also whatever the school (like MSU) gives them. Without us giving everything to the NCAA, Redmond probably misses 1 or 2 games. NCAA basically requires you to investigate yourself and we are one of the few dumb enough to do their job for them thoroughly.

Redmond got a season for lying. He Got 6 games for the cheap car.

Homedawg
11-08-2019, 12:45 PM

Actually, IF he had a previously relationship with the person, and who knows?, it's not illegal. Now I'm certainly not saying that's the case but there are cases when this is legal.

Tbonewannabe
11-08-2019, 01:14 PM
Redmond got a season for lying. He Got 6 games for the cheap car.

Oh yeah, I forgot that we apparently sent him into a room without any representation and let him screw himself over. Another reason that every other team in the SEC is on the players side whereas we are apparently automatically on the NCAA side. Someone should have at least gave the kid a heads up what was happening.

defiantdog
11-08-2019, 01:45 PM
Not like he got free tattoos......

Percho
11-08-2019, 01:51 PM
Yeah we ****ed ourselves in both instances. While I really truly want our program to run clean I also really don't understand why the Hell we cut our own throats so often.

Because if MSU had not cut our own throat, the NCAA would have decapitated MSU.

ShotgunDawg
11-08-2019, 06:20 PM

But Young met this guy the Summer prior to his freshman year. That’s not a lifelong friend.

MedDawg
11-09-2019, 09:27 AM
All you would have to do is follow the money and see if Chase "found a bag of money" to repay the loan. All money has to come from somewhere but the NCAA is apparently too dumb or lazy to actually follow it. If someone is making $25,000 per year and then has an extra $5-10k to pay back a loan then you simply ask where the money came from. The NCAA can withhold eligibility similar to what they did with Renardo Sidney. I don't know if they only have a few competent investigators or if they just randomly enforce things.

Now that I think about it, I have not heard of the NCAA ever doing that to anyone else but Renardo Sidney and his family.