6. Georgia
7. Oregon
8. Utah
9. Oklahoma
10. Florida
11. Auburn
12. Baylor
17. Minnesota

Would love to know the committees rationale for Ohio State over LSU. That's stupid to me. LSU has wins over #10 and #11 and Texas. To me that sets a bad precedent when LSU clearly has played the tougher schedule.

TUSK
11-05-2019, 10:16 PM
Would love to know the committees rationale for Ohio State over LSU. That's stupid to me. LSU has wins over #10 and #11 and Texas. To me that sets a bad precedent when LSU clearly has played the tougher schedule.

Yep. I’m with ya on that. Do you know if there’s a link that has the metrics/rankings they used?

Skydawg1
11-05-2019, 10:31 PM
Would love to know the committees rationale for Ohio State over LSU. That's stupid to me. LSU has wins over #10 and #11 and Texas. To me that sets a bad precedent when LSU clearly has played the tougher schedule.Texas is not in the CFP Top 25 and Florida has 2 losses. OSU destroyed Wiscy, who was destroying everyone they played.. (I'm not agreeing with the poll, just not shocked)

SouthMSDog
11-05-2019, 10:40 PM
Texas is not in the CFP Top 25 and Florida has 2 losses. OSU destroyed Wiscy, who was destroying everyone they played.. (I'm not agreeing with the poll, just not shocked)

Except Illinois. Which means Wiscy has two losses, just like Muffin?s squad.

Skydawg1
11-05-2019, 11:16 PM
Except Illinois. Which means Wiscy has two losses, just like Muffin?s squad.Yep, my bad.

Howboutdemdogs
11-06-2019, 07:54 AM
I agree that OS is not the number 1 team. It will come down for the Big 10 and playoffs with PS vs OS game. I hope PS beats the crap out them. Plus, they finally got it right with Clemson out of the playoffs. They play no one. The ACC is awful in football.

Offshore Dawg
11-06-2019, 08:15 AM
I agree that OS is not the number 1 team. It will come down for the Big 10 and playoffs with PS vs OS game. I hope PS beats the crap out them. Plus, they finally got it right with Clemson out of the playoffs. They play no one. The ACC is awful in football.

Not right, of the 4 teams ranked above Clemson there will be two of them with head to head losses against each other. This is the political opening for Clemson to get in.

Liverpooldawg
11-06-2019, 09:04 AM
Clemson is the defending champion. If they are undefeated, they will be in.

starkvegasdawg
11-06-2019, 09:21 AM
Yep. I’m with ya on that. Do you know if there’s a link that has the metrics/rankings they used?

It's the "we're all sick and tired of the 17ing SEC dominating the playoff rankings year after year so they can sit on this and spin for a few weeks.

smootness
11-06-2019, 09:30 AM
Technically, OSU has played a tougher schedule according to the metrics than LSU.

Obviously by the committee's own estimation, LSU has two better wins than anything OSU has, but OSU has beaten 13 and 20 in the committee rankings, so it's not some huge gap even there.

MedDawg
11-06-2019, 09:31 AM

According to Sagarin, Ohio State has the #20 SOS (best of anyone in the top 10) and LSU has the #34 SOS.

Tbonewannabe
11-06-2019, 10:16 AM
LSU vs Bama - probably for a playoff spot
UGA could still sneak in by winning out and beating LSU/Bama in the championship game
Ohio St vs Penn St - probably for a playoff spot
Clemson backs in by being one of 2 - 3 undefeated teams.

smootness
11-06-2019, 12:43 PM
I think any of the top 6 who win out will be in. If Clemson, Ohio St., or the LSU-Bama winner don't win out, then things start getting interesting.

defiantdog
11-06-2019, 01:56 PM
PAC 12 will most likely have one sneak in when it is all said and done with Oregon or Utah. Looks like the BIG 12 will be left out this year.

Jack Lambert
11-06-2019, 02:11 PM
1. Ohio St
2. LSU
3. Bama
4. Penn St
5. Clemson
6. Georgia
7. Oregon
8. Utah
9. Oklahoma
10. Florida
11. Auburn
12. Baylor
17. Minnesota

Minnesota is undefeated and not top 12? I don't see how it can be scheduling if Oregon lost to the number 11 team and they are ranked higher then that number 11 team because that number 11 team has played a tougher schedule.

dawgs
11-06-2019, 04:44 PM
Minnesota is undefeated and not top 12? I don't see how it can be scheduling if Oregon lost to the number 11 team and they are ranked higher then that number 11 team because that number 11 team has played a tougher schedule.

2 Ls is worse than 1 L and at this point, that matters because you can get deep in the transitive property rabbit hole when you start saying Oregon should be behind auburn because you got Georgia sitting there and South Carolina is nowhere in sight. Oregon got conservative and blew that auburn game and there's gonna be some eye test applied to rankings where there's such limited amount of crossover data, so that probably factors in when considering the way teams lost (and the way teams lose matters, just ask Ohio st how blowout Ls to Iowa and Purdue eliminated them from the playoffs the last few years, whereas they might've gotten in with a close L).

Also, Oklahoma lost to 2 L k state, but Oklahoma is still ahead of them in the rankings, so I hope everyone is equally as flabbergasted there and rants about that one too.

dawgs
11-06-2019, 04:48 PM
PAC 12 will most likely have one sneak in when it is all said and done with Oregon or Utah. Looks like the BIG 12 will be left out this year.

Yep, that's pretty much all the rankings indicate. Big 10 and sec champs are in barring some mayhem where a 2+ L team is the champ. Clemson is in if they win out, but would need some serious help if they blow a game. Pac 12 is in way better shape than the big 12 to nab the final spot but will be close against a 1 L sec or big 10 team that doesn't win their conference but plays well in their L.

Jack Lambert
11-06-2019, 08:58 PM
2 Ls is worse than 1 L and at this point, that matters because you can get deep in the transitive property rabbit hole when you start saying Oregon should be behind auburn because you got Georgia sitting there and South Carolina is nowhere in sight. Oregon got conservative and blew that auburn game and there's gonna be some eye test applied to rankings where there's such limited amount of crossover data, so that probably factors in when considering the way teams lost (and the way teams lose matters, just ask Ohio st how blowout Ls to Iowa and Purdue eliminated them from the playoffs the last few years, whereas they might've gotten in with a close L).

Also, Oklahoma lost to 2 L k state, but Oklahoma is still ahead of them in the rankings, so I hope everyone is equally as flabbergasted there and rants about that one too.

What would Oregon record be playing Auburn schedule?

TUSK
11-06-2019, 09:03 PM
What would Oregon record be playing Auburn schedule?

I’ll guess 8-4 maybe 9-3.... 7-5 isn’t out of the question.

dawgs
11-06-2019, 10:03 PM
I’ll guess 8-4 maybe 9-3.... 7-5 isn’t out of the question.

Maybe so, maybe not, but that's no different than any other season where teams don't play the same schedule. Such is life with 12 games and 130 teams.

What would South Carolina's record be against Georgia's schedule?

There's obviously some level of eye test involved, but when team A has a couple more Ls than team B, then it's awfully dangerous to start making assumptions of what would happen if team B played team A's schedule.

TUSK
11-06-2019, 10:07 PM
Maybe so, maybe not, but that's no different than any other season where teams don't play the same schedule. Such is life with 12 games and 130 teams.

Do you think they?d win fewer than 7-8?

dawgs
11-06-2019, 10:31 PM
Do you think they?d win fewer than 7-8?

Oregon could easily beat Florida imo. Need to see more of Georgia to figure out what they are this season, but they haven't impressed me. I'd say Oregon would go somewhere between 8-4 and 10-2 against Auburn's schedule. I'm not arguing Oregon wouldn't get worked in the semis (they almost assuredly would given who'd they match up with), but outside of bama, LSU, and Ohio st, I haven't seen anyone on the field that Oregon can't hang with, even clemson (I get f$u 2014 vibes from Clemson - looks disinterested and coasting against a shit schedule, could see them getting lit up come playoff time).

TUSK
11-06-2019, 10:39 PM
Oregon could easily beat Florida imo. Need to see more of Georgia to figure out what they are this season, but they haven't impressed me. I'd say Oregon would go somewhere between 8-4 and 10-2 against Auburn's schedule. I'm not arguing Oregon wouldn't get worked in the semis (they almost assuredly would given who'd they match up with), but outside of bama, LSU, and Ohio st, I haven't seen anyone on the field that Oregon can't hang with, even clemson (I get f$u 2014 vibes from Clemson - looks disinterested and coasting against a shit schedule, could see them getting lit up come playoff time).

I’m down with that. Solid post.