PDA

View Full Version : Bob Stoops to FSU?

Liverpooldawg
11-05-2019, 10:35 AM
I've seen a few rumbles.

Tbonewannabe
11-05-2019, 10:39 AM
I just saw someone tweet Bob Stoops to FSU - 5 years $40 Mil. Keeping Briles as OC and Levitt as DC.

dantheman4248
11-05-2019, 10:46 AM
Big Game Bob vs. Big Game Dan. This could get interesting.

StarkVegasSteve
11-05-2019, 11:10 AM
Way more likely Mark Stoops ends up there than Bob Stoops. I still believe the only college job Stoops would come back for is Notre Dame or a similar Top 5 job. FSU isn't a top 5 job. I don't believe it's a Top 10 job either. They need to be realistic with their search or it'll end up like Tennessee and they'll be on their 4th or 5th candidate in no time.

Irondawg
11-05-2019, 11:14 AM
Why would you keep your OC and DC after your fire your HC? That would make no sense at all. Maybe a new HC would keep one of them, but never both

Really Clark?
11-05-2019, 11:29 AM
Why would you keep your OC and DC after your fire your HC? That would make no sense at all. Maybe a new HC would keep one of them, but never both

Leavitt and Stoops go way back together to when they were at KST. They were co-DC together back then. Interesting story, Synider called them into his office and told them of his idea and for them to discuss it. They went to dinner and talked about it but both thought it wasn’t a good idea and they had differing ideas about how they would want to run the defense. They came back to Synider the next day to tell him that he just needed to name one of them the DC and they would deal. He told them that he had thought about it over night and he was going to make them be Co-DC together and to get out of his office. It worked beautifully...Snyider coaching tree is pretty dang good as well.

Saltydog
11-05-2019, 12:25 PM
They're both well known for the Big Game alright. One for winning, the other notoriously known for losing them.

Commercecomet24
11-05-2019, 12:30 PM
Leavitt and Stoops go way back together to when they were at KST. They were co-DC together back then. Interesting story, Synider called them into his office and told them of his idea and for them to discuss it. They went to dinner and talked about it but both thought it wasn’t a good idea and they had differing ideas about how they would want to run the defense. They came back to Synider the next day to tell him that he just needed to name one of them the DC and they would deal. He told them that he had thought about it over night and he was going to make them be Co-DC together and to get out of his office. It worked beautifully...Snyider coaching tree is pretty dang good as well.

Snider is one of my favorites. Great coach who also is fun to listen to. He's witty and gave some great interviews and press conferences.

Really Clark?
11-05-2019, 12:43 PM
Snider is one of my favorites. Great coach who also is fun to listen to. He's witty and gave some great interviews and press conferences.

Yeah one of mine as well. Old school but players loved him. And yes funny as well. Really did something special at KST. Probably the worse program in power conferences when he arrived. Just brilliant coaching and program building

VandelayIndustries
11-05-2019, 12:48 PM
Just talked with Bob Stoops. Any reports that he’s a candidate for the FSU job are not accurate. Said “he’s not a candidate”. @CollegeGameDay @espn

Per Herbstreit

defiantdog
11-05-2019, 12:49 PM
Just talked with Bob Stoops. Any reports that he’s a candidate for the FSU job are not accurate. Said “he’s not a candidate”. @CollegeGameDay @espn

Per Herbstreit
Typical future coach in contract negations talk.

TrapGame
11-05-2019, 12:55 PM
Lugenbill said Stoops is happy in the XFL. He has a lot of freedom and no recruiting worries. FSU will probably get the Fredo of the Stoops family, Mark.

defiantdog
11-05-2019, 01:21 PM
Lugenbill said Stoops is happy in the XFL. He has a lot of freedom and no recruiting worries. FSU will probably get the Fredo of the Stoops family, Mark.

XFL pay for 3 months is nothing compared to the pay at FSU.

Tbonewannabe
11-05-2019, 01:26 PM

One of the rumors on twitter has it at $40 Mil for 5 years. Nice deal especially if you get the Jimbo contract where it is fully guaranteed with no buyout.

TrapGame
11-05-2019, 01:30 PM

Maybe he is happy. Money's not everything.

Lord McBuckethead
11-05-2019, 01:38 PM

when you have bob stoops type of money, do you really give a shit about contracts, or is your time and how you spend it more important.

Commercecomet24
11-05-2019, 01:43 PM
Yeah one of mine as well. Old school but players loved him. And yes funny as well. Really did something special at KST. Probably the worse program in power conferences when he arrived. Just brilliant coaching and program building

He really did. They weren't much more than a basketball school when he took over. Worked miracles there and now they got another good one in Klieman.

Really Clark?
11-05-2019, 02:55 PM
He really did. They weren't much more than a basketball school when he took over. Worked miracles there and now they got another good one in Klieman.

Yeah I think Klieman will be very good as well. Read something a while back about coaches who jump up from FCS schools, they usually have a long track record and their success rates a larger D1 programs are better than a lot of lower tier D1 coaches and coordinators. Took him a couple of years but Bohl is doing pretty well at Wyoming as well.

Bothrops
11-05-2019, 03:12 PM
I don't know it to be true or false. I've heard yes and no.