PDA

View Full Version : Bill Bender on Jake Wim Yesterday

TrapGame
11-05-2019, 09:22 AM
I don't know who this Bill Bender character is but he had a take on the Taggert firing that I'm not sure will be too popular on this board. He said if you are not going to hire a coach for four to five years to completely make it their program then don't bother hiring them. He said 24 games in a two year period is not a viable measuring stick on what a coach can really do.

I'm not buying that at all. It didn't take Mullen four years to get us to a bowl game. Most of us knew after year two that Croom was not the answer. You invest millions in a coach that still barely makes a bowl in year four when your program was a perennial top 10? Now Joe has let the program slip under his watch. We have underachieved under him. Maybe he needs a third year. Maybe. If he looks competent vs Bama, beats om in the Egg and gets us in a bowl then I can see that a third year with no suspensions and a returning QB like Shrader might be worthy. I don't think Joe's the right answer but if it takes a third year to prove whether he is or isn't then we might have to endure it.

Cooterpoot
11-05-2019, 09:29 AM
Well, if you knew the coach sucked ahead of time, that would be an easy decision. That was a dumb take.

Really Clark?
11-05-2019, 09:34 AM
That to me is so dependent on the situation the coach is entering and the school. I would agree with him that a lot of times you a hiring a coach because you just fired one...there has to be extra grace period, especially if you are making a significant shift from the previous offense. Unless you are going 2-3 wins or less for 2 years or no conference wins like Morris...I think they could still justify pulling the plug. But normally if it is a rebuild or at least a reset, then I would agree that 4 years is the norm you should attempt to give the coach.

If it is a top program, I believe the time can be shorter because they can turn around much quicker than other schools. 2-3 years and if he is a good coach they should be back winning most of their games.

Coursesuper
11-05-2019, 09:35 AM
Who is Bill Bender and why does his take matter? I mean its on a half assed sports talk show in Jackson MS.

Matt3467
11-05-2019, 09:37 AM
I don't see anything in Taggarts resume that jumps out at me. He had one breakout year at USF when he won 10 games. I don't know how he found his way to FSU after only one season at Oregon winning 7 games. Bad hire to begin with.

Lord McBuckethead
11-05-2019, 09:49 AM
First, don't be surprised if Bama rolls us. We do not have all of a sudden a huge difference in personnel in our game against them that we didn't have in the aTm game. I am not using bama as a measuring stick what so ever against Joe this year. If you don't have the horses, you don't have the horses. I am judging him how the team battles, but more importantly how we finish against AChristian, UM, and better be a bowl game. We have to move forward even with our current personnel.

Let's all say this together.... Bama is going to beat the brakes off of us. We are not going to be able to run the ball. We are not going to be able to throw the ball. We are going to get gashed on defense, and special teams are going to continue to be special. My only wish is that we could start the 1st quarter and once down by 10+ go ahead and forfeit. That way the game counts as one of the tutor 10's 8 games and we are ready to go the next week. Through many of Joe's challenges this year, using Bama as a measuring stick is just stupid. In a normal year, I would say using LSU, Auburn, aTm, Bama as the measuring stick is the only way to measure, but come one.... everyone here can admit that the holes on defense and the Tutor 10 fiasco along with injuries on the defensive side pretty much sums up this entire year. Add to it our starting QB gets injured and our OL looks to only want to play against nonconference and Ark..... there you go.

ckDOG
11-05-2019, 09:54 AM
It?s one thing to argue that a Chad Morris needs time in implementing a brand new approach to football at a dumpster fire, but another to argue that a Moorehead needs some time to regress the program and then bring it back to where it was. Mullen is/was a fine coach but he?s not Lombardi. The expectation shouldn?t be regression then improvement in our situation. We?ve seen regression and more regression to teetering on the line of bowl eligibility. That?s a big fail.

Had Moorhead taken over for Croom when Mullen did it would be very fair to argue he needs more time, but even then the red flags would still be there.

I?m over it I suppose. I?m just going to root for a solid showing against Bama and to close out the season with an egg bowl and low tier bowl W. He is a solid recruiter and if he can learn from his mistakes he can turn it around (preferable to another crapshoot unless Cohen does his job and lines up someone with southern HC experience). It?s just sad we are where we are now and frankly that?s on Cohen for rolling the dice on a coordinator with no SEC experience.

msbulldog
11-05-2019, 10:14 AM
Who is Bill Bender and why does his take matter? I mean its on a half assed sports talk show in Jackson MS.

Bill Bender is a national college football writer at Sporting News.

msbulldog
11-05-2019, 10:34 AM
Every Coach deserves at least 3 years.

Maroonthirteen
11-05-2019, 10:49 AM
I think It?s obvious Taggert isn?t elevating that program. I think it?s obvious at State that Moorhead needs to really rethink his offense or how he is teaching it and make some adjustments on the coaching staff.

However I agree that the fire/hire culture of college football is getting out of hand. The ?hot seat? discussions start earlier and earlier each year and way to many coaches are on the hot seat for losing one game or having one bad year.

It?s the Saban effect. Everybody is looking for their Saban. However not everyone has all the tools in place to be Alabama and most fans just don?t buy that they aren?t Alabama. I remember during the Nutt era at Arkansas they expected to beat Alabama. They were livid that Nutt didn?t take them to 10 wins each year and didn?t recruit the exact kids they wanted recruited. Look where that has got them.

Tbonewannabe
11-05-2019, 10:50 AM

So even if you have the money for the buyout, you are keeping Chad Morris for one more year? Rumor is they just had their best player, O'Grady, apparently go to the coaching staff and give his backing to Jefferson as QB. It seems that ever since he got there that he has been hands down the best QB. It got the redshirt senior kicked off the team. He is one of the top TEs in the SEC. Of course the reason is rumor but it seems like Morris might have lost the team when he didn't name the best QB starter even when he can't lose his redshirt.

I think every situation is different and you can't just make a set rule like that. If the guy who follows Saban wins 3 or less games, any chance that anyone thinks he deserves a 2nd year?

Tbonewannabe
11-05-2019, 10:53 AM
I think It?s obvious Taggert isn?t elevating that program. I think it?s obvious at State that Moorhead needs to really rethink his offense or how he is teaching it and make some adjustments on the coaching staff.

However I agree that the fire/hire culture of college football is getting out of hand. The ?hot seat? discussions start earlier and earlier each year and way to many coaches are on the hot seat for losing one game or having one bad year.

It?s the Saban effect. Everybody is looking for their Saban. However not everyone has all the tools in place to be Alabama and most fans just don?t buy that they aren?t Alabama. I remember during the Nutt era at Arkansas they expected to beat Alabama. They were livid that Nutt didn?t take them to 10 wins each year and didn?t recruit the exact kids they wanted recruited. Look where that has got them.

I think it shows that hiring a coach that fits the school is a crap shoot. Petrino was an upgrade until the motorcycle wreck.

Johnson85
11-05-2019, 11:04 AM

No. You usually don't know what you have for a few years except for coaches that are really good or really bad. But the ones that are really bad, it doesn't take three years to figure it out.

You can make an argument that Moorhead deserves three years. His first year in the offense was good against bad teams, even though he had a QB that missed spring practices b/c of injuries and even though we had a completely subpar WR corps. Now he's had QB injuries and tutor gate on top of Mullen leaving some talent issues on defense. But in no shape form or fashion does every coach deserve at least three years.

WPS
11-05-2019, 11:27 AM

Nutt was frustrating because he'd beat a team he had no business beating and then lose to someone like a terrible Vanderbilt team. But overall he wasn't as bad as Arkansas fans made him out to be. Believe it or not there was a time in the mid-2000's that the Arkansas-Alabama series was dead even. But we haven't beaten them since 2006. Same thing with the Auburn series, even five years ago they only had about a 2 game lead in the series. But then somehow we have a losing record overall to Kentucky. Go figure.

Jarius
11-05-2019, 11:38 AM

This is absolute insanity. No one that takes over a successful program (or program that recruits extremely well the way that FSU and some others do) needs 3 years. They just don't. If you can't make it to a bowl game in year 2 at a blue blood or at a program that was previously stocked when you arrived, your ass deserves to be fired.

ShotgunDawg
11-05-2019, 02:36 PM
- Bill Bender sounds like an idiot
- I agree that coaches deserve 3 years if they are entering to rebuilding situation. I'm cool with two years if it clear they stink and they took the over a solid program.
- Arkansas set Morris up to fail due to straying so far from the previous staff's scheme.
- The trigger on coaches has gotten quicker for 2 main reasons: 1. Money 2. Recruiting rankings cause more fear to fans than was ever there without them.

Percho
11-05-2019, 05:21 PM
Let's rephrase the statement with a question.

Would it take an idiot of a coach to take a job thinking I have to go at least 11 - 2 and 7 - 5 my first two years in order to remain there?

timotheus
11-05-2019, 05:38 PM
I know of a school who hired a guy who should have gone 11-2

MetEdDawg
11-05-2019, 06:43 PM
I know of a school who hired a guy who should have gone 11-2

Still think this is a bad take and that we are partially to blame. We asked a first time D1 Head Coach to come in and take us to our best record ever as a program in our history? That doesn't sound a little off to you?

All of are pissed Joe came in and talked about rings and stuff like that, get mad at him after the fact for saying that, but some of you had those expectations. Makes no sense.

We had awfully high expectations for a first time D1 Head Coach in year 1 to meet and he didn't.

Now to the original point. I think every situation is different, but if you get it wrong twice in today's college football you may never make it back to the top. FSU is not as good a job as it was a decade ago. Screw this hire up and they could find themselves too far behind to come back to where they were.

I think it's tough for a head coach these days. You get 2 years to build, rebuild, or mold a program. You don't get to use hardly any of the guys you recruit to do it either. Whether they fit your scheme or not, you have to produce. That's a really tough thing to do.

RougeDawg
11-05-2019, 10:28 PM
Still think this is a bad take and that we are partially to blame. We asked a first time D1 Head Coach to come in and take us to our best record ever as a program in our history? That doesn't sound a little off to you?

All of are pissed Joe came in and talked about rings and stuff like that, get mad at him after the fact for saying that, but some of you had those expectations. Makes no sense.

We had awfully high expectations for a first time D1 Head Coach in year 1 to meet and he didn't.

Now to the original point. I think every situation is different, but if you get it wrong twice in today's college football you may never make it back to the top. FSU is not as good a job as it was a decade ago. Screw this hire up and they could find themselves too far behind to come back to where they were.

I think it's tough for a head coach these days. You get 2 years to build, rebuild, or mold a program. You don't get to use hardly any of the guys you recruit to do it either. Whether they fit your scheme or not, you have to produce. That's a really tough thing to do.

Making absolutely 0.0000 changes to the program in 2018 and we win 10 games, minimum. If you tear it down you win 8 like we did. That is inexcusable. Period.

MetEdDawg
11-05-2019, 10:40 PM
Making absolutely 0.0000 changes to the program in 2018 and we win 10 games, minimum. If you tear it down you win 8 like we did. That is inexcusable. Period.

Unfortunately we didn't have the choice to make 0 changes when Mullen left and took more than half the staff with him.

Todd4State
11-06-2019, 12:57 AM
I don't think it's wise in any profession to say "you get x amount of time no matter what". There's always going to be a not applicable. And let's be honest- Taggart and Morris are obviously not good fits where they are. The odds of them turning it around are very slim. A program like Arkansas shouldn't be on a massive SEC losing streak that would make Vanderbilt blush and be losing to people like San Jose State. Keeping him around is not going to do any good.

Plus like in our case- Joe just isn't a good fit. That happens sometimes in the business world. Doesn't necessarily mean that he's a bad coach- it just means he isn't the right coach for us. What does keeping him around for another year do?

TrapGame
11-06-2019, 08:40 AM
I don't think it's wise in any profession to say "you get x amount of time no matter what". There's always going to be a not applicable. And let's be honest- Taggart and Morris are obviously not good fits where they are. The odds of them turning it around are very slim. A program like Arkansas shouldn't be on a massive SEC losing streak that would make Vanderbilt blush and be losing to people like San Jose State. Keeping him around is not going to do any good.

Plus like in our case- Joe just isn't a good fit. That happens sometimes in the business world. Doesn't necessarily mean that he's a bad coach- it just means he isn't the right coach for us. What does keeping him around for another year do?

Valid points. And after listening to Rosebowl on Jake Wim yesterday I'd say the odds of Joe staying for a third year are increasing greatly. The excuses are Tutorgate 10 and Brokedown Tommy. Rosebowl actually said that the Tutorgate suspensions were one of the main reasons we have lost this season. I do not agree with that at all but it's the company line. Then he talked up Tommy's performance at Arkansas and added "You see what happens when you have a healthy starting quarterback?". To even use the Arkansas game as some sort of late season measuring stick is desperate and totally asinine.

Tbonewannabe
11-06-2019, 10:28 AM
Valid points. And after listening to Rosebowl on Jake Wim yesterday I'd say the odds of Joe staying for a third year are increasing greatly. The excuses are Tutorgate 10 and Brokedown Tommy. Rosebowl actually said that the Tutorgate suspensions were one of the main reasons we have lost this season. I do not agree with that at all but it's the company line. Then he talked up Tommy's performance at Arkansas and added "You see what happens when you have a healthy starting quarterback?". To even use the Arkansas game as some sort of late season measuring stick is desperate and totally asinine.

That Arkansas team has given up on their coaching staff. They kicked off their best player, O'Grady, off the team right before the game. I would equate that team with a Jackson St or Alcorn St team. There wasn't a lot that can be taken from it other than the effort was there.

Coursesuper
11-06-2019, 12:06 PM
That Arkansas team has given up on their coaching staff. They kicked off their best player, O'Grady, off the team right before the game. I would equate that team with a Jackson St or Alcorn St team. There wasn't a lot that can be taken from it other than the effort was there.

He wasn't kicked off the team, he quit after a closed door meeting with the head coach about Morris not holding other players accountable and other bullshit from that staff.

R2Dawg
11-06-2019, 12:40 PM
It?s one thing to argue that a Chad Morris needs time in implementing a brand new approach to football at a dumpster fire, but another to argue that a Moorehead needs some time to regress the program and then bring it back to where it was. Mullen is/was a fine coach but he?s not Lombardi. The expectation shouldn?t be regression then improvement in our situation. We?ve seen regression and more regression to teetering on the line of bowl eligibility. That?s a big fail.

Had Moorhead taken over for Croom when Mullen did it would be very fair to argue he needs more time, but even then the red flags would still be there.

I?m over it I suppose. I?m just going to root for a solid showing against Bama and to close out the season with an egg bowl and low tier bowl W. He is a solid recruiter and if he can learn from his mistakes he can turn it around (preferable to another crapshoot unless Cohen does his job and lines up someone with southern HC experience). It?s just sad we are where we are now and frankly that?s on Cohen for rolling the dice on a coordinator with no SEC experience.

Agree if Moorhead had taken over where Croom was, it would be different. No program can be torn down to build back the new guys way. Croom said that too but after 5 years of basically producing nothing then it had to be done. If Moorhead had come in when Croom did, not making any coaching changes, he probably doesn't even get year 4. That is why Moorhead has to make some coaching changes if he returns next year.

Todd4State
11-06-2019, 06:26 PM

Rosebowl is paid to tote the company line. Rumors swirling around are not in the best interest of MSU.

I think the bottom line is Joe’s fate will be determined based on whether he wins the Egg Bowl or not.

MD2020
11-06-2019, 07:56 PM
Joe must go!

Johnson85
11-07-2019, 10:07 AM
Let's rephrase the statement with a question.

Would it take an idiot of a coach to take a job thinking I have to go at least 11 - 2 and 7 - 5 my first two years in order to remain there?

I don't think Ryan Day is an idiot, and I think if he went 6-6 next year after going 10-3 this year, he'd be on the hotseat if not fired.

But it's still a stupid question. If Moorhead were to get fired after this year, it wouldn't be fore his record, it would be for having a team that looked completely ill prepared and badly underachieved while heading to a mediocre recrord. We are not a program that can afford to underachieve by more than a win per year and that is what we are doing (charitably; less charitably we are underachieving by two wins per year).

BB30
11-07-2019, 10:26 AM
I don't think Ryan Day is an idiot, and I think if he went 6-6 next year after going 10-3 this year, he'd be on the hotseat if not fired.

But it's still a stupid question. If Moorhead were to get fired after this year, it wouldn't be fore his record, it would be for having a team that looked completely ill prepared and badly underachieved while heading to a mediocre recrord. We are not a program that can afford to underachieve by more than a win per year and that is what we are doing (charitably; less charitably we are underachieving by two wins per year).

I mean, if he does what he should in the next three games and finished 6-6, IMO he underachieved by one game. KSU is a good football team whether we want to admit it or not. We absolutely should of beat them but they are solid this year. The only game I am extremely frustrated about losing is the Tennessee game due to our lack of effort.

Saying Tutor-gate wasn't a major problem is naive. Our defense has been absolutely wrecked this year. Our secondary was a shell of itself in the A and M game. Mullen also left the cupboard pretty bare at WR at it has become fairly obvious that we have to have some quality WRs for this scheme to work. When we are running the ball well you do see us getting a lot of 1 on 1 match ups down the field. We just haven't had the athletes to capitalize on those match ups.

I also don't think many on here realize how hard it is to win with a true freshman at QB when you don't have really solid skill guys around him to bail him out at times which we don't have.

Yes, there is plenty to be angry about with JOMO but the hand he was dealt this season with injuries and the suspensions was going to be more difficult to overcome then I think many thought. If he makes it to 6-6 and we look good in our bowl I won't be quite as angry if he is still here next year. If we come out and don't play hard/look extremely sloppy in our last 3 and drop the egg bowl then IMO he should probably be gone.

Tbonewannabe
11-07-2019, 10:47 AM
I mean, if he does what he should in the next three games and finished 6-6, IMO he underachieved by one game. KSU is a good football team whether we want to admit it or not. We absolutely should of beat them but they are solid this year. The only game I am extremely frustrated about losing is the Tennessee game due to our lack of effort.

Saying Tutor-gate wasn't a major problem is naive. Our defense has been absolutely wrecked this year. Our secondary was a shell of itself in the A and M game. Mullen also left the cupboard pretty bare at WR at it has become fairly obvious that we have to have some quality WRs for this scheme to work. When we are running the ball well you do see us getting a lot of 1 on 1 match ups down the field. We just haven't had the athletes to capitalize on those match ups.

I also don't think many on here realize how hard it is to win with a true freshman at QB when you don't have really solid skill guys around him to bail him out at times which we don't have.

Yes, there is plenty to be angry about with JOMO but the hand he was dealt this season with injuries and the suspensions was going to be more difficult to overcome then I think many thought. If he makes it to 6-6 and we look good in our bowl I won't be quite as angry if he is still here next year. If we come out and don't play hard/look extremely sloppy in our last 3 and drop the egg bowl then IMO he should probably be gone.

I will add that A&M was a very winnable game also but we came out looking bad again, not as bad as we did at UT but still not great. Strike one against Joe was how the team showed up out of shape. This has caused a lot of our problems and there is just no way to fix it during the season. You could probably point to this as a big reason for missed tackles and being out of position on defense along with some of our injury problems.

I would say strike two was our effort in multiple games. Joe keeps saying the margin is small in the SEC but we still have some lack of effort in games. We rolled Ark but it is easier to go hard when you are dominating. I was actually pleased with our effort against LSU but good coaches demand that level effort no matter the score or opponent. Let some 4th string DB give half ass effort in a Bama blowout in the 4th quarter. Saban will be chewing his ass on the sideline for 5 minutes. We don't see that on our sideline or the entire team would be getting an ass chewing during games like UT and A&M.

I am sure other people have a Strike 3 on Joe but for me it would be not making any changes in the off season as long as we go bowling and don't look like we did at UT again.

Johnson85
11-07-2019, 11:04 AM

I am in the same boat. If he makes it to a bowl and wins, I think it would be hard to argue he underachieved by more than a game. Yes, we probably should have won 8 regular season games, but most teams don't win every game there supposed to, especially when they are dealing with QB injuries and suspensions.

What's killing Moorhead with fans is just how bad we've looked. Last year, we looked awful against good teams, but we also dominated bad teams. It was easy to have hope that once we know the offense better and get better wide receivers, we will look good, and just as importantly, the way we dominated bad teams would ensure a high floor for the team.

This year, we haven't really looked good against anybody but Arkansas, who is so bad it's not relevant to anything. We didn't look great against ULL. Looked ok against USM considering injuries. Same for UK. Looked bad against KSU. Looked bad against UT (which was the real killer; having coach asparagus outcoach you is a tough pill to ask the fan base to swallow). Didn't even show up against Auburn. Showed up but didn't compete against LSU and A&M. He's given the fans basically zero reason to feel good about him being a solid coach. If we come out and look good against UM and a bowl team, that will help some. If he squeaks out three more wins against three bad teams, it's not going to help that much to go 7-6, other than fans will be less pissed that he wasn't fired. They'll still be ready to fire him, they'll just understand why we didn't do it this year.

TrapGame
11-07-2019, 11:17 AM
I will add that A&M was a very winnable game also but we came out looking bad again, not as bad as we did at UT but still not great. Strike one against Joe was how the team showed up out of shape. This has caused a lot of our problems and there is just no way to fix it during the season. You could probably point to this as a big reason for missed tackles and being out of position on defense along with some of our injury problems.

I would say strike two was our effort in multiple games. Joe keeps saying the margin is small in the SEC but we still have some lack of effort in games. We rolled Ark but it is easier to go hard when you are dominating. I was actually pleased with our effort against LSU but good coaches demand that level effort no matter the score or opponent. Let some 4th string DB give half ass effort in a Bama blowout in the 4th quarter. Saban will be chewing his ass on the sideline for 5 minutes. We don't see that on our sideline or the entire team would be getting an ass chewing during games like UT and A&M.

I am sure other people have a Strike 3 on Joe but for me it would be not making any changes in the off season as long as we go bowling and don't look like we did at UT again.

Now add this to the adversity caused by Tutorgate and Teflon Tommy. This was a huge test for Moorhead. He got swallowed whole. If we had a tough S&C regimen some of this stuff would have been fixed early. The mindset of this team mixed with the soft physicality was a recipe for underachievement.

Tbonewannabe
11-07-2019, 12:32 PM
Now add this to the adversity caused by Tutorgate and Teflon Tommy. This was a huge test for Moorhead. He got swallowed whole. If we had a tough S&C regimen some of this stuff would have been fixed early. The mindset of this team mixed with the soft physicality was a recipe for underachievement.

Yep, the S&C set this team up for failure. KSU ended up being a lot better than people thought and UT is at least playing well now. I always said that 6-6 was the floor. I figured we could slip up against someone like UK, KSU, or UT. I didn't figure that we would win at AU or A&M but they could be toss up games. I expected us to win ULL, USM, Ark, UM, Abilene, and two of UK, KSU, or UT. If everything went well then I figured 8-4 but with the possibility of either 7-5 or 9-3 (if we won AU or A&M).

I honestly thought that another year in his system with his QB and the offense would start to click against good defenses. I now think his offense is just too slow against fast good SEC defenses. He either has to adapt it or we can figure on 6 to 7 wins until he is no longer coach.

I really like Moorhead as a representative of our university but I am just not sure he is at this time ready to be the head guy in the SEC. He might need a few years like Orgeron did of preparing himself.

TrapGame
11-07-2019, 12:42 PM
Yep, the S&C set this team up for failure. KSU ended up being a lot better than people thought and UT is at least playing well now. I always said that 6-6 was the floor. I figured we could slip up against someone like UK, KSU, or UT. I didn't figure that we would win at AU or A&M but they could be toss up games. I expected us to win ULL, USM, Ark, UM, Abilene, and two of UK, KSU, or UT. If everything went well then I figured 8-4 but with the possibility of either 7-5 or 9-3 (if we won AU or A&M).

I honestly thought that another year in his system with his QB and the offense would start to click against good defenses. I now think his offense is just too slow against fast good SEC defenses. He either has to adapt it or we can figure on 6 to 7 wins until he is no longer coach.

I really like Moorhead as a representative of our university but I am just not sure he is at this time ready to be the head guy in the SEC. He might need a few years like Orgeron did of preparing himself.

Joe's offense does not work against fast, athletic defenses. And I'm not talking about top 10 defenses. K State's defense knew exactly where to launch the attack every play. They were fast and aggressive. Same thing for UT and A&M. Arkansas has their defense on NyQuil. They don't count. Even ULL's defense was giving us some problems the first half. Some have forgotten about that. Joe has to overhaul his offense for the SEC. We face too many good defenses that will eat you alive if you can't get rid of the ball. Joe looked good on paper but when you put under a microscope it seems those years at Fordham were inflated by having an NFL RB. I mean who the hell in the Patriot League has a future NFL player of that caliber?

MD2020
11-07-2019, 01:00 PM
Joe's offense does not work against fast, athletic defenses. And I'm not talking about top 10 defenses. K State's defense knew exactly where to launch the attack every play. They were fast and aggressive. Same thing for UT and A&M. Arkansas has their defense on NyQuil. They don't count. Even ULL's defense was giving us some problems the first half. Some have forgotten about that. Joe has to overhaul his offense for the SEC. We face too many good defenses that will eat you alive if you can't get rid of the ball. Joe looked good on paper but when you put under a microscope it seems those years at Fordham were inflated by having an NFL RB. I mean who the hell in the Patriot League has a future NFL player of that caliber?

100% correct