PDA

View Full Version : When trying to watch the SEC network + or ESPN watch app

klong-dog
11-04-2019, 10:38 PM
I've never had much of an issue before but trying to sign in to watch the lady Dogs tonight, I couldn't get anything to come through but a small error looking box would appear with a (ok) in the middle. Beats me. Direct TV/AT&T is my provider. Do I have to pay a separate $4.99 a month now to have access to watching SEC network+?

defiantdog
11-04-2019, 11:23 PM
I've never had much of an issue before but trying to sign in to watch the lady Dogs tonight, I couldn't get anything to come through but a small error looking box would appear with a (ok) in the middle. Beats me. Direct TV/AT&T is my provider. Do I have to pay a separate $4.99 a month now to have access to watching SEC network+?

Short answer:. Yes

TaleofTwoDogs
11-04-2019, 11:29 PM
ESPN+ is a separate subscription. It is a real pain to sign in even when you have a subscription. One of the poorest design home page ever.

klong-dog
11-04-2019, 11:54 PM
So previous years never had to pay this fee now it's required in order to view? Alrighty then

oldjoedawg
11-05-2019, 12:02 AM
So previous years never had to pay this fee now it's required in order to view? Alrighty then

I watched it streaming on my tv using Roku device and I don't have ESPN+.....I do have the ESPN APP, but haven't had to use it in any way...I am a Uverse customer, but don't know if that makes any difference. I have noticed the streaming is not as good as usual....not a clear pic and some delays on both my tv and my desktop.

TaleofTwoDogs
11-05-2019, 12:09 AM

I believed they started the paid subscription early this year. Guess they needed the extra revenue.

Sienfield
11-05-2019, 07:35 AM
A related question - I have Roku and YouTube TV. My remote doesn't have a button to switch back and forth between two games. Is there an easy way to do that?

Maroonthirteen
11-05-2019, 07:38 AM
ESPN+ is a separate subscription. It is a real pain to sign in even when you have a subscription. One of the poorest design home page ever.

Im glad it isn’t just me. I can’t stream espn+ (And some times sec games on espn and sectv) on my smart tv but I can watch it all day long on my phone. It’s very odd. When trying to sign in on to the espn ap on my tv, I get caught in this loop of the ap ask me to go to a mobile device and get a access number. Then it allows me to sign in and then tells me the programming isn’t available with my subscription. I have.... att internet and att cell service and pay the espn ap fee of $5. I logout Of the ap on my mobile devices. I have no idea what the problem is.

cindy
11-05-2019, 08:50 AM
If you have SEC Network on TV via your cable/satellite/streaming service provider AND your provider is one of the ones listed when you validate on the website or app, you should be able to get SEC Network+ games via the Watch ESPN website or the ESPN app - no ESPN+ subscription needed. I have YouTube TV and I was able to watch on my laptop last night.

In the past when I've had trouble getting access to a game that I should be able to see, I start a chat with ESPN via their help center and they usually can resolve it pretty quickly.

https://www.secsports.com/article/23926730/about-sec-network+

http://www.espn.com/watchespn/mobile/auth/adobepass/chooseProvider

TXDawg
11-05-2019, 08:54 AM
I watched last night using AppleTV and ESPN app. My cable provider is Xfinity. No extra subscription required.

shannondawg
11-05-2019, 12:00 PM
I use the ESPN app and absolutely no problem, maybe its because of the SEC network, will see when its on other channels.

My biggest complaint is I have to use Hughes Satellite and its just so sorry these days, its not worth trying to use in any venue at night. Costs about $145 but what to do. I finally found out I could buy a gizmo that turned my Verizon phone service in to wifi and that's what I use for streaming, its great, but only get 15gd or whatever they call them. I'm just about at m limit for the month, so turned off the girls to save some for the boys game guess I will find out how the reduced service works tonight. Hope I'm surprised.

msbulldog
11-05-2019, 12:23 PM
I watched last night using AppleTV and ESPN app. My cable provider is Xfinity. No extra subscription required.

Me too!

confucius say
11-05-2019, 01:25 PM
The watch espn app is no longer. You have to download a new app now, it is called the ESPN app. That may be part of the problem some people are having if you are still trying to ya the same watch ESPN app you used last season.

RocketDawg
11-05-2019, 03:25 PM
You don't have to pay extra for SECN+, but you do have to pay the $4.99 for ESPN+. I've never had a reason to have that service.

I watched last night on my television using Roku. I had to revalidate my use, but that was all. Just about any cable or satellite provider included SECN+ streaming service.