PDA

View Full Version : Hack, question from the back..

sbcmortgageman
10-28-2013, 04:51 AM
So in the new "revelations" of a Mullen extension, doesn't this go 100% against your theory you were so adamant about? Not being a smart ass. Just honest question. If you thought your theory still had legs, you'd be arguing against the extension. What changed? Also, on side question, why all the chatter about HUD May not want to come now? I haven't seen you say that but thought you may know.

Political Hack
10-28-2013, 07:02 AM
yes, if Strick gives CDM an extension it's directly contrary to what was going on pre-season & even heading into Auburn. I've been pretty clear that I think we should keep CDM though. I hope he does get the extension. I don't care if I'm right or wrong... when I argue about something it'll be for the benefit of the university and keeping Dan benefits the university IMO. so, I hope I'm wrong about them trying to push him out. Beamer has some down years at VaTech too and sticking with him was the right move.

people close to Hud have said he's got better offers in the pipeline now and will be interested in those before State. Could be posturing or could be legit. I have no clue.

sbcmortgageman
10-28-2013, 07:28 AM
yes, if Strick gives CDM an extension it's directly contrary to what was going on pre-season & even heading into Auburn. I've been pretty clear that I think we should keep CDM though. I hope he does get the extension. I don't care if I'm right or wrong... when I argue about something it'll be for the benefit of the university and keeping Dan benefits the university IMO. so, I hope I'm wrong about them trying to push him out. Beamer has some down years at VaTech too and sticking with him was the right move.

people close to Hud have said he's got better offers in the pipeline now and will be interested in those before State. Could be posturing or could be legit. I have no clue.

10/4 thanks for clarification.

Irondawg
10-28-2013, 09:08 AM
Ok, let's then discuss what would be an "better option" that State. As mush as we bemoan things sometimes there isn't a very long list of better jobs and most of the ones I can think of off the the top of my head wouldn't be looking. Nebraska is about the only one that comes to mind. Virginia might be looking and wouldn't be terrible but I wouldn't consider it better than MSU necessarily.

Op4isabitch
10-28-2013, 09:12 AM
We are top 25 in Pay and our facilities aren't lagging behind many teams at all, we have a huge new T.V contract coming next year. I can't think of many schools that look like they are in the market for a new HC that are ahead of us right now.

USC
Nebraska

Who else?

FISHDAWG
10-28-2013, 09:14 AM
unfortunately we are joined at the hip with Dan ..... he needs to show marked improvement in order to get another offer and we need improvement to keep fan support

Rick Danko
10-28-2013, 09:57 AM
unfortunately we are joined at the hip with Dan ..... he needs to show marked improvement in order to get another offer and we need improvement to keep fan support

THIS^^^^. Just win baby, the support will return and the bitching will stop.

Political Hack
10-28-2013, 10:13 AM
USC soon & LSU in a year or two.

Coaches don't just get fired, they also retire. And if you don't think a coach will sit at ULaLa for an extra year and pass other jobs over for a preferred destination, you haven't been paying attention.

Irondawg
10-28-2013, 10:49 AM
Oh coaches will certainly wait it out if they feel the risk in doing so is worthwhile. Stars can rise and fall fast.

PMDawg
10-28-2013, 11:26 AM
Well if the USC, Texas, and Nebraska dominoes fall, there will be a long line of dominoes that we can't even predict. Charlie Strong, Briles, Saban, Malzahn? A number of things could happen that would end up leaving another attractive job open.