11-03-2019, 03:23 PM
FSU did the right thing.

1st call - urban, but he usc bound

Saltydog
11-03-2019, 03:25 PM
2nd Call - Big Game Bob

R2Dawg
11-03-2019, 03:27 PM
Agree, he had to go. FSU has really lost its way. Ole Jimbo knew when to get out. Funny, it started down with Jimbo there too.

Makes you wonder how a program like them gets to where they are at? Hard to stay on top. Even Bama has went through some spells.

DownwardDawg
11-03-2019, 03:30 PM
Smart move

CadaverDawg
11-03-2019, 03:33 PM
I guess even in year two of a coach's tenure, when you know you know. It wasn't working, they knew it wasn't, they made a proactive move and made a change. Kudos to their AD for having the stones to make the move early because he wants to avoid as much downslide as possible before making a change. A year and a half is more than enough time to see if someone isn't a good fit. Good for FSU.

HailStateSZN19
11-03-2019, 03:36 PM
What is the legit % chance Joe is our HC next year? I’m just not sold he wants to get out of here. Someone who knows something may be able to prove that false. But barring us getting beat down in the Egg Bowl and finishing 5-7, there’s no way he’s fired. And I’m not sold he’d be fired if we finished 5-7. Now if he is legitimately wanting out of here and wants to mutually part ways, that’d be the perfect scenario. But just seems like that may not happen either. Idk, I may be way off on that.

msudawg1200
11-03-2019, 03:37 PM
I guess even in year two of a coach's tenure, when you know you know. It wasn't working, they knew it wasn't, they made a proactive move and made a change. Kudos to their AD for having the stones to make the move early because he wants to avoid as much downslide as possible before making a change. A year and a half is more than enough time to see if someone isn't a good fit. Good for FSU.

Chuck Oliver who covers the SEC and ACC and is very good called this a month ago. He said you could tell last year it wasn’t a good fit and wasn’t going to work. FSU did what they had to do.

CadaverDawg
11-03-2019, 03:38 PM
What is the legit % chance Joe is our HC next year? I’m just not sold he wants to get out of here. Someone who knows something may be able to prove that false. But barring us getting beat down in the Egg Bowl and finishing 5-7, there’s no way he’s fired. And I’m not sold he’d be fired if we finished 5-7. Now if he is legitimately wanting out of here and wants to mutually part ways, that’d be the perfect scenario. But just seems like that may not happen either. Idk, I may be way off on that.

I agree with you. Barring us getting skull drug by OM, which is totally possible, I think Joe returns and we are doomed. People saying Joe wants out, don't realize how much that money will make you overlook wanting out. He's not going anywhere unless we force him to. And unfortunately Cohen doesn't have the stones that FSU's AD has.

MarketingBully
11-03-2019, 03:41 PM
FSU did the right thing.

They might have done it now to get a jump on USC. Could you imagine Meyer vs Mullen? :) That would be awesome. Meyer would be hated like Pitino is at UK.

MarketingBully
11-03-2019, 03:42 PM
I agree with you. Barring us getting skull drug by OM, which is totally possible, I think Joe returns and we are doomed. People saying Joe wants out, don't realize how much that money will make you overlook wanting out. He's not going anywhere unless we force him to. And unfortunately Cohen doesn't have the stones that FSU's AD has.

Us getting skull drug by OM is about a 1% chance of happening. There’s a better chance we will skull drug them.

msstate7
11-03-2019, 03:42 PM
They might have done it now to get a jump on USC. Could you imagine Meyer vs Mullen? :) That would be awesome. Meyer would be hated like Pitino is at UK.

Mullen would be looking for nfl job. My boy doesn't want smart and urban on the schedule every year

Hambone
11-03-2019, 03:43 PM
Meyer isn’t going to FSU. Too many colleges to compete with in State.

msstate7
11-03-2019, 03:44 PM
Meyer isn’t going to FSU. Too many colleges to compete with in State.

Meyer can recruit with anyone

CadaverDawg
11-03-2019, 03:59 PM
Us getting skull drug by OM is about a 1% chance of happening. There’s a better chance we will skull drug them.

Lol, you kidding me?

MarketingBully
11-03-2019, 04:02 PM
Lol, you kidding me?

Who have we gotten skull drug by at home under Moorhead? On the road? Sure but you can’t name me a single time we have been skull drug at home under Moorhead...even LSU only scored 36 and that game was 9-7 with five minutes left in the first half. Ole Miss is not LSU last I checked.

DogsofAnarchy
11-03-2019, 04:11 PM
Great for FSU!! Winning is not some thing it’s EVERYTHING!!! You have to win more than you lose. No exceptions.

MD2020
11-03-2019, 04:11 PM
Lol, you kidding me?

He forgot these ******

MD2020
11-03-2019, 04:12 PM
Who have we gotten skull drug by at home under Moorhead? On the road? Sure but you can’t name me a single time we have been skull drug at home under Moorhead...even LSU only scored 36 and that game was 9-7 with five minutes left in the first half. Ole Miss is not LSU last I checked.

Next Saturday will be the 1st if signs are what you're after.

MD2020
11-03-2019, 04:13 PM
I think they go after Lane

Really Clark?
11-03-2019, 04:16 PM

Bama comes to town in 2 weeks. Let’s revisit this after that game. Last year our defense kept and our defense did hold vs LSU or else it was 21-0 again in the first quarter. But we were beat soundly at home by LSU. 22-7 at the half and 36-7 mid way in the 3rd quarter is being blown out and skull drug. We were just lucky and defense held barely or it was 48-13.

MarketingBully
11-03-2019, 04:23 PM
Bama comes to town in 2 weeks. Let’s revisit this after that game. Last year our defense kept and our defense did hold vs LSU or else it was 21-0 again in the first quarter. But we were beat soundly at home by LSU. 22-7 at the half and 36-7 mid way in the 3rd quarter is being blown out and skull drug. We were just lucky and defense held barely or it was 48-13.

LSU and Bama one of those teams will likely win the national championship. Ole Miss is not going to skull drag us. That is my ****ing point here. Ole Miss is a bottom feeder SEC team we should beat at home. That’s my whole point...

Really Clark?
11-03-2019, 04:32 PM
LSU and Bama one of those teams will likely win the national championship. Ole Miss is not going to skull drag us. That is my ****ing point here. Ole Miss is a bottom feeder SEC team we should beat at home. That’s my whole point...

To make your point, you stated we have not skull drug at home under Moorehead. That was first part of your post. UNM May or may not beat us. If you use the Auburn and TAM games as common opponents, you can see why people think it’s possible they blow us out. If you look at the history the last several years, you could also see why people think it’s possible. They are no where close to ARK bad, if you think that you are completely wrong. I could also see us beating them badly as well but it’s not unreasonable to understand where people are coming from

CoachT14
11-03-2019, 04:34 PM
Ole Miss is a bottom feeder SEC team we should beat at home. That’s my whole point...

Did you forget Moorhead's record against teams he's favored to beat or something? He's lost to 5 teams he was favored to beat and some of those were at home. Moorhead beating an awful Arkansas team does nothing to change the fact that he can't even beat most teams he's supposed to beat unless they are completely horrible.

DeltaChicagoDog
11-03-2019, 04:37 PM
I suspect they are at least considering Kendall Briles, the OC. He’s put up huge numbers and won everywhere he’s been. The strike against him is his dad, Art Briles, and working under him for part of the time horrible stuff was happening off the field at Baylor.

MarketingBully
11-03-2019, 04:42 PM
To make your point, you stated we have not skull drug at home under Moorehead. That was first part of your post. UNM May or may not beat us. If you use the Auburn and TAM games as common opponents, you can see why people think it’s possible they blow us out. If you look at the history the last several years, you could also see why people think it’s possible. They are no where close to ARK bad, if you think that you are completely wrong. I could also see us beating them badly as well but it’s not unreasonable to understand where people are coming from

That’s not relevant imo because you factor out the Tutorgate 10 who played yesterday but didn’t play against Auburn or A&M. Murphy, Gay, and Dantzler didn’t play against A&M. Don’t you think that trio would have made a difference in the pass defense against A&M rather then starting two true freshmen as corners? So far we are 2-1 with playing at full strength. My guess is on Black Friday we will be 3-1.

dawgday166
11-03-2019, 04:45 PM
That’s not relevant imo because you factor out the Tutorgate 10 who played yesterday but didn’t play against Auburn or A&M. Murphy, Gay, and Dantzler didn’t play against A&M. Don’t you think that trio would have made a difference in the pass defense against A&M rather then starting two true freshmen as corners? So far we are 2-1 with playing at full strength. My guess is on Black Friday we will be 3-1.

I think they would've made us a Top 10 team .. maybe Top 5 **

Really Clark?
11-03-2019, 04:48 PM

They played vs Tenn...that kind of implodes that argument. TAM also rushed for over 200 yards. No I honestly don’t think it would have as big of a difference vs TAM. Maybe it’s 35-42 to 24. It was 35-10 after first drive in 3rd quarter. Maybe it is a 10-14 point help but using ARK as gauge is just giving you a false reading

Dawgology
11-03-2019, 04:54 PM
TOO BAD FOR THEM!!! I have it on good authority from posters on here that you can?t fire a coach after 2 years or you are doomed to the cellar for decades and no coach will ever want to be your head coach.

Cooterpoot
11-03-2019, 05:19 PM
Meyer will head to ND because they?re going to mutually agree to part ways with Kelly.

msstate7
11-03-2019, 05:21 PM
Meyer will head to ND because they?re going to mutually agree to part ways with Kelly.

Think he'd take ND over USC?

Rex54
11-03-2019, 05:21 PM

Dumb post

TNDawg35
11-03-2019, 05:44 PM

I bet if ND offered Dan he would drop Stricklin and Da Gators like they were hot...

Todd4State
11-03-2019, 05:46 PM

Well MSU fans think we are going to lose every game. Unless it’s Stephen F Austin and then we better be careful because they’re better than we think.

RocketDawg
11-03-2019, 05:48 PM
2nd Call - Big Game Bob

Bobby Bowden? I wouldn't be surprised.

RocketDawg
11-03-2019, 05:50 PM
I bet if ND offered Dan he would drop Stricklin and Da Gators like they were hot...

I doubt a Catholic university would hire a Scientologist. **

DownwardDawg
11-03-2019, 05:52 PM

ND with a good coach would be a perennial playoff team.

RocketDawg
11-03-2019, 05:56 PM
What is the legit % chance Joe is our HC next year? I?m just not sold he wants to get out of here. Someone who knows something may be able to prove that false. But barring us getting beat down in the Egg Bowl and finishing 5-7, there?s no way he?s fired. And I?m not sold he?d be fired if we finished 5-7. Now if he is legitimately wanting out of here and wants to mutually part ways, that?d be the perfect scenario. But just seems like that may not happen either. Idk, I may be way off on that.

For what it's worth, which may be nothing, our record this year is the same as FSU's this year ... 4-5.

Really Clark?
11-03-2019, 05:59 PM
Well MSU fans think we are going to lose every game. Unless it’s Stephen F Austin and then we better be careful because they’re better than we think.

This is true!!

TUSK
11-03-2019, 06:17 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EIeYTVOWwAEWflx?format=jpg&name=medium

Your turn, John

Wha? Not that Taggart doesn?t deserve it, but can Cohen fire him, too?

TUSK
11-03-2019, 06:18 PM
ND with an above average coach would be a perennial playoff team.

Fify

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2019, 09:01 PM
ND with a good coach would be a perennial playoff team.

No they aren't they can't recruit like that

TUSK
11-03-2019, 09:26 PM

I think top 10ish classes would be enough to go 11-1/12-0 against their schedule, though. Need to cut out that scheduling UGA stuff, though.

Coach34
11-03-2019, 09:41 PM
Who have we gotten skull drug by at home under Moorhead? On the road? Sure but you can?t name me a single time we have been skull drug at home under Moorhead...even LSU only scored 36 and that game was 9-7 with five minutes left in the first half. Ole Miss is not LSU last I checked.

LSU had us 36-7 with 3 minutes left in the game. Thats skulldrugged

DogsofAnarchy
11-03-2019, 10:52 PM
Administration with BALLS. We don’t have that.

War Machine Dawg
11-03-2019, 11:34 PM

Exactly. They’re an overrated and overhyped has been, just like Michigan and Tennessee. Their days of being a true player in CFB are gone.

MarketingBully
11-04-2019, 03:43 AM
LSU had us 36-7 with 3 minutes left in the game. Thats skulldrugged

Ole Miss is not LSU!

coachnorm
11-04-2019, 10:45 AM
FSU did the right thing.

I suggest that you research the history of USC hiring head coaches. USC has had a stadium upgrade that lowered its capacity from 94,000 to 77,000 so that shows how much the school cares for the public? USC has been disrespectful and condescending to its fan base and that is not going to change anytime soon. Football is not important to the owners of the University because other things more profitable are focused upon. Do not expect Urban Meyer to move into a situation where football is not important.

BB30
11-04-2019, 11:01 AM
They played vs Tenn...that kind of implodes that argument. TAM also rushed for over 200 yards. No I honestly don?t think it would have as big of a difference vs TAM. Maybe it?s 35-42 to 24. It was 35-10 after first drive in 3rd quarter. Maybe it is a 10-14 point help but using ARK as gauge is just giving you a false reading

The defense wasn't terrible in the UT game... The weren't great either but you could argue that it did make a difference defensively against UT.

DownwardDawg
11-04-2019, 11:05 AM

I disagree 100%. People in SEC country just hate ND and want them to fail. They are one decent coach away from being top 4 every year. Think about their schedule. And they will draw recruits once again when they get that coach. Now I don’t think they’ll compete well in the playoffs, but they’ll be there.

TrapGame
11-04-2019, 11:10 AM
I disagree 100%. People in SEC country just hate ND and want them to fail. They are one decent coach away from being top 4 every year. Think about their schedule. And they will draw recruits once again when they get that coach. Now I don’t think they’ll compete well in the playoffs, but they’ll be there.

The Rudy Effect.

Really Clark?
11-04-2019, 11:13 AM
The defense wasn't terrible in the UT game... The weren't great either but you could argue that it did make a difference defensively against UT.

He was making the argument that all of them playing against ARK would completely change the TAM game because we won. Against ARK and Kentucky. But we lost against Tenn. I think they may have helped some, but not near enough to win. Defense at full strength has allowed Kentucky 13 points (average 15.7 in conference), Tenn 20 points (18.2 in conference average) and ARK 24 points (15.7 in conference avg). TAM is averaging 30.4 in conference games. So at best we hold them to around 35 points if you factor in their home field advantage. They help some? Sure. Enough to hold TAM down to make it a close game, like he was alluding, no way. Nobody can make that kind of argument getting blasted the way we did.

NCDawg
11-04-2019, 12:46 PM
For what it's worth, which may be nothing, our record this year is the same as FSU's this year ... 4-5.

Well, we better not make the same mistake Florida State made and fire our coach after 2 years because we have it on good authority from people in the know on this board that we could not get another good coach to come to MS State.

DogsofAnarchy
11-04-2019, 12:54 PM
LSU and Bama one of those teams will likely win the national championship. Ole Miss is not going to skull drag us. That is my ****ing point here. Ole Miss is a bottom feeder SEC team we should beat at home. That?s my whole point...

So what if Ole Miss beats us? What are we?

TrapGame
11-04-2019, 12:59 PM
Well, we better not make the same mistake Florida State made and fire our coach after 2 years because we have it on good authority from people in the know on this board that we could get another good coach to come to MS State.

It's up to Moorhead. If he wants to move on then that's already being discussed with Cohen and Keenum. The rumor is Moorhead is looking for another job and we have been talking with Mike Norvell's people. But it's just rumor.

ShotgunDawg
11-04-2019, 01:02 PM

Nah. Brian Kelly is an outstanding coach and their recruits get overrated even more than Bama. They’re maximizing their potential right now

Lord McBuckethead
11-04-2019, 01:49 PM
I suggest that you research the history of USC hiring head coaches. USC has had a stadium upgrade that lowered its capacity from 94,000 to 77,000 so that shows how much the school cares for the public? USC has been disrespectful and condescending to its fan base and that is not going to change anytime soon. Football is not important to the owners of the University because other things more profitable are focused upon. Do not expect Urban Meyer to move into a situation where football is not important.

Urban Meyer would make football important there again.

Lord McBuckethead
11-04-2019, 01:55 PM
It's up to Moorhead. If he wants to move on then that's already being discussed with Cohen and Keenum. The rumor is Moorhead is looking for another job and we have been talking with Mike Norvell's people. But it's just rumor.

It just doesn't make much sense for Moorhead to want to move on. Granted I haven't had to live in his shoes for the past 6 weeks following all of last year either.
The SEC is the best of the best. Now if he wants to admit defeat, sure go ahead and take another job.
Now if the administration is pressuring him to take another position, well they are doing what they think is best for all parties involved.

Why would a competitive guy like him want to leave the best conference in the entire NCAA? Win and you will earn all the money your grandkids would ever need. Win and you can live like a god around Starkville. Win and even Mullen showed you can get the lion's share of the talent, and if you are not a complete asshole, the best WRs in this state will also play for you.

TrapGame
11-04-2019, 03:23 PM
It just doesn't make much sense for Moorhead to want to move on. Granted I haven't had to live in his shoes for the past 6 weeks following all of last year either.
The SEC is the best of the best. Now if he wants to admit defeat, sure go ahead and take another job.
Now if the administration is pressuring him to take another position, well they are doing what they think is best for all parties involved.

Why would a competitive guy like him want to leave the best conference in the entire NCAA? Win and you will earn all the money your grandkids would ever need. Win and you can live like a god around Starkville. Win and even Mullen showed you can get the lion's share of the talent, and if you are not a complete asshole, the best WRs in this state will also play for you.

Winning will require him changing up his offense. Unfortunately we can't play Arkansas more than once. I watched some of Wyatt's offense breakdown at lunch. Arkansas has one of the, if not the, slowest defenses I've ever seen. We didn't miraculously come up with new plays. Those are the same plays we ran on LSU and Auburn. The difference is Arkansas probably doesn't have a single player on defense that would make their two deep.

MD2020
11-04-2019, 05:24 PM

It makes plenty of sense. Year 2 and already on the hot seat speaks volumes!

Liverpooldawg
11-04-2019, 05:45 PM

Wait till this new pay for play rule kicks in.

Ari Gold
11-04-2019, 06:58 PM
Big Game Bob to Tallahassee..

MetEdDawg
11-08-2019, 02:39 AM
Rumor coming out that Deion Sanders may be in consideration for the job.

If that were to happen I'm not sure I could find a more unlikely hire in all of sports in the last 20 years. That would be a way out in left field hire.

Get he's an alum and has done some coaching at the high school level but damn. That would be a massive leap

TUSK
11-08-2019, 02:50 AM

If that were to happen I'm not sure I could find a more unlikely hire in all of sports in the last 20 years. That would be a way out in left field hire.

Get he's an alum and has done some coaching at the high school level but damn. That would be a massive leap

Well, it’d be a better hire than his predecessor, fwiw.

dawgs
11-08-2019, 03:23 AM
I want the Deion rumor to be true waaaaayyyyy too much for it to actually be legit

SheltonChoked
11-08-2019, 10:46 AM

This is my fear of firing Joe in year 2.

You end up with a High School POSITION coach...

And this is with a school that won a Crystal Trophy in the last 10 years...

msstate7
11-08-2019, 10:50 AM
They aren't hiring sanders

BrunswickDawg
11-08-2019, 11:16 AM
I want the Deion rumor to be true waaaaayyyyy too much for it to actually be legit

But would it be 2 legit 2 quit?