PDA

View Full Version : Competition

TheLostDawg
11-03-2019, 03:19 PM
Hopefully Cohen started getting his ducks in a row after the Tennessee game if we let Moorhead go after the season. Seems we were Arkansas's Tennessee (the game that lost the remaining fans). Hopefully he also changed the weight of requirements and +/- a few things on his "list."

https://www.arkansasfight.com/2019/11/2/20945654/fire-chad-morris-arkansas-football-2019-mississippi-state

OLJWales
11-03-2019, 07:31 PM
I wish Urban Meyer would give us a thought. He's experienced the high pressure gigs at UF and OSU and it got the best of him. It would appear he got burnt out on the high level shit that racked him emotionally.

He would have it made here and he could have fun coaching again.

Jack Lambert
11-03-2019, 07:32 PM
He isnt going anywhere so better hope we win six.

HailStateSZN19
11-03-2019, 07:49 PM

I really don’t think he’s going anywhere either. Definitely not getting fired unless we just got skull drug in the Egg Bowl which I don’t see happening. We might lose but I think it’d have to be a horrible loss on top of finishing 5-7 for him to be considered to be fired. And I just don’t get the feeling anyone is going to come looking to poach him from us. Rutgers wants Schiano or Butch Jones it appears. I personally don’t think he's the answer for us long-term. I’d rather us go 6-6 and get to a bowl and then if he’s just wanting out of here, us part ways mutually and end it that way. But after yesterday, (even though I don’t think yesterday’s game should move the needle any at all) I think barring an Egg Bowl meltdown he’s back here next year.

Jack Lambert
11-03-2019, 07:53 PM
I really don’t think he’s going anywhere either. Definitely not getting fired unless we just got skull drug in the Egg Bowl which I don’t see happening. We might lose but I think it’d have to be a horrible loss on top of finishing 5-7 for him to be considered to be fired. And I just don’t get the feeling anyone is going to come looking to poach him from us. Rutgers wants Schiano or Butch Jones it appears. I personally don’t think he's the answer for us long-term. I’d rather us go 6-6 and get to a bowl and then if he’s just wanting out of here, us part ways mutually and end it that way. But after yesterday, (even though I don’t think yesterday’s game should move the needle any at all) I think barring an Egg Bowl meltdown he’s back here next year.

It does comes down to the egg bowl. My gut tells me unless we get our ass kick he is not going anywhere. Now Cohen did fire a baseball coach who well qualified and just got us to the CWS. I think Cohen is a wild card in all this. The money isn't that big of a deal. If he or they want him gone he will be gone. It comes down to Ole miss.

OLJWales
11-03-2019, 07:54 PM

Our job is great for those tough enough to handle it. Finish 5-7 with a loss to the confeds at home and we don't fire his ass? seriously? OM sucks. If he doesn't go all out to win that one, we have to fire his ass. I want him fired regardless.

Hambone
11-03-2019, 08:03 PM
Did you see Ole Miss at Auburn? Yes, the kicker missed 3 field goals for Auburn, but Ole Miss looked damn competitive with them.

That being said I still think Kylin runs wild on them.

HoopsDawg
11-03-2019, 08:22 PM
Did you see Ole Miss at Auburn? Yes, the kicker missed 3 field goals for Auburn, but Ole Miss looked damn competitive with them.

That being said I still think Kylin runs wild on them.

That game was a fluke. Just like Arky/A&M. Ole miss is horrible. 3rd worst team in the SEC.

Commercecomet24
11-03-2019, 09:02 PM
That game was a fluke. Just like Arky/A&M. Ole miss is horrible. 3rd worst team in the SEC.

Auburn over 500 yards of offense unm 260. Auburn 3 missed fgs, dropped td pass and fumble in the red zone so they could've easily had over 40 points.

Coursesuper
11-03-2019, 09:03 PM
It does comes down to the egg bowl. My gut tells me unless we get our ass kick he is not going anywhere. Now Cohen did fire a baseball coach who well qualified and just got us to the CWS. I think Cohen is a wild card in all this. The money isn't that big of a deal. If he or they want him gone he will be gone. It comes down to Ole miss.

This will not be a John Cohen decision, this decision will be made by the pres and donors that will pay for it. It's not hard to understand this guys. Did you notice that the FSU statement was from the university president? That's how things are done.

Commercecomet24
11-03-2019, 09:09 PM
This will not be a John Cohen decision, this decision will be made by the pres and donors that will pay for it. It's not hard to understand this guys. Did you notice that the FSU statement was from the university president? That's how things are done.

This.

Homedawg
11-03-2019, 09:23 PM
I wish Urban Meyer would give us a thought. He's experienced the high pressure gigs at UF and OSU and it got the best of him. It would appear he got burnt out on the high level shit that racked him emotionally.

Thought like this are just comical. That guy isn't coming here to taint his legacy. It would be a killer.

Homedawg
11-03-2019, 09:27 PM

If we end up 5-7 jomo won't be sleeping well other than knowing he has a big check coming... he's far from safe w an egg bowl loss. Far from it. No guarantee. But it's way more than you and some are making it out to be. Greater than 50-50 he's gone at this point. An ark win doesn't change much for now.

DownwardDawg
11-03-2019, 09:36 PM

To be fair, Cohen didn’t fire Henderson. He just didn’t hire him. Huge difference.
I know it may be splitting hairs, but I’ve seen that mentioned on this board a few times.

Todd4State
11-03-2019, 09:40 PM
Thought like this are just comical. That guy isn't coming here to taint his legacy. It would be a killer.

What? There's no way that Urban Meyer coming here would tarnish his legacy. Even if he pulled Tech and 10's (11's) three years in a row.

Just like Les Miles legacy won't be tarnished at Kansas. Or Spurrier at South Carolina. Or I could go on.

And no I'm not saying that we're going to get Urban or should even try.

TheLostDawg
11-04-2019, 01:16 PM
I was one that held on hope until the Tennessee game to judge Moorhead. Last year told me a lot but I was willing to give him a chance. That being said, you can't have two games like Tennessee and keep a job. What I mean by that is your can't lose the complete fan base twice in one season. There is no way he keeps his job if we lose to ole Miss. Yeah if he wins against ole Miss season ticket sales might go down if he stays, but if he loses to ole Miss and stays on, we won't have a field to play on because the fans will burn the stadium down, talk trash all year, bring this program down to the Croom era. I don't think we're at Croom status because of the talent we have in the team (along with recruiting commitments) and a few good coaches keeping it together. Our recruiting next year will look like Arkansas if he lose to ole Miss and keep him. You don't have the nation talking how bad you are for a year and get recruits.
Again, he must win ole Miss to keep his job or this program will fall if he is kept in board. Even with a big name hire to help, I don't think that's enough to keep us from falling to that next level if he loses that game.

+Not saying to keep him if he wins that game. I'm not debating that. I'm just saying he must go if he loses or we will be the next Arkansas.

TheLostDawg
11-04-2019, 01:21 PM
Summary
We beat ole Miss and he stays = we're at the level of ole Miss
We lose to ole Miss and he stays= we're at the level of Arkansas

MadDawg
11-04-2019, 01:36 PM
If we end up 5-7 jomo won't be sleeping well other than knowing he has a big check coming... he's far from safe w an egg bowl loss. Far from it. No guarantee. But it's way more than you and some are making it out to be. Greater than 50-50 he's gone at this point. An ark win doesn't change much for now.

I'd put it about 80% staying.

Coursesuper
11-04-2019, 01:56 PM
I just got off the phone with an Ark players dad. What a mess, the TE that didn't play against us quit the team on Friday night after a closed door meeting with coaches over accountability and playing favorites. Said the meeting got extremely heated and the kid had enough and quit right there. He said that 9 of 10 of the players have checked out on Morris now and are mailing it in. He said a lot more but this much gets the point across, so make of it what you will.

PMDawg
11-04-2019, 01:58 PM

Why? I'm like the author of that article. Meyer, Freeze, Petrino, and Art Briles are off the table because they're scumbags. They cheat, they lie, they're morally bankrupt. I don't want it, and it's extremely doubtful that anybody with real power related MSU wants them either (thank Goodness). We do not have to sacrifice integrity for success. Urban is a great coach, but he's just not worth it. He leaves a trail of destruction behind him every time he quits due to "poor health". No thanks.

WPS
11-04-2019, 04:22 PM
I just got off the phone with an Ark players dad. What a mess, the TE that didn't play against us quit the team on Friday night after a closed door meeting with coaches over accountability and playing favorites. Said the meeting got extremely heated and the kid had enough and quit right there. He said that 9 of 10 of the players have checked out on Morris now and are mailing it in. He said a lot more but this much gets the point across, so make of it what you will.

Doesn't surprise me at all. Hicks and Starkel got way too many chances. Not sure what the point would be of keeping Morris another year when stuff like this keeps happening.