PDA

View Full Version : Who does FSU go get for HC?

msstate7
11-03-2019, 10:39 AM
I really thought Briles would make a big difference this year, and help taggart get on track. I was really wrong. FSU has to do something this year imo. Who do you think they go after?

TrapGame
11-03-2019, 10:46 AM
With our luck Norvell.

WinningIsRelentless
11-03-2019, 10:53 AM
Mark stoops

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2019, 10:57 AM
Gus Malzahn

I mean, Gus would easily get FSU back to being #2 in the ACC right?

Also watch out for Mario Cristobal. FSU may not want to take Oregon?s coach twice in a row, but Cristobal is significantly better than Taggert and has deep ties to the state of Florida

parabrave
11-03-2019, 12:14 PM
******* that way he would only have to face Dabo instead of O and Kirby.

MarketingBully
11-03-2019, 12:25 PM
I really thought Briles would make a big difference this year, and help taggart get on track. I was really wrong. FSU has to do something this year imo. Who do you think they go after?

Have they fired Taggert yet?

DCdawg
11-03-2019, 03:25 PM
Have they fired Taggert yet?

Yes.

Maroonthirteen
11-03-2019, 03:27 PM
Joe Moorhead.

Seriously, all the jobs opening up...... Due to the ridiculous impatience on college football..... he may get some offers.

Churchill
11-03-2019, 03:32 PM
Wanna bet ?

msstate7
11-03-2019, 03:34 PM
Gus Malzahn

I mean, Gus would easily get FSU back to being #2 in the ACC right?

Also watch out for Mario Cristobal. FSU may not want to take Oregon?s coach twice in a row, but Cristobal is significantly better than Taggert and has deep ties to the state of Florida

Cristobal is a good suggestion

CadaverDawg
11-03-2019, 03:35 PM
Joe Moorhead.

Seriously, all the jobs opening up...... Due to the ridiculous impatience on college football..... he may get some offers.

Lol!

As Head Coach? I wouldn't hire Joe as OC.

defiantdog
11-03-2019, 03:39 PM
P.J. Fleck will be a big name especially if he knocks off PSU on Saturday.

msstate7
11-03-2019, 03:40 PM
P.J. Fleck will be a big name especially if he knocks off PSU on Saturday.

Another good suggestion. I don't really think he'd have to win Saturday either.

Commercecomet24
11-03-2019, 04:01 PM
Mario Cristobals name is floating around some fsu circles. Would be a good fit for them,

MedDawg
11-03-2019, 04:03 PM

Gotta be the UAB coach**

HailStateSZN19
11-03-2019, 04:07 PM
Mario Cristobals name is floating around some fsu circles. Would be a good fit for them,

Commerce, you are well informed and always have good info. What do you think is Joe’s fate with us? Does yesterday do anything to change his future outlook? Does he actually want out of here bad enough that no matter what happens from here on out, he’s looking to get out & go somewhere? Is he being encouraged to do some looking? I know that’s a lot of questions, but there’s just been a ton of speculation on here and not a ton of credible info backing it up.

MarketingBully
11-03-2019, 04:11 PM
Another good suggestion. I don't really think he'd have to win Saturday either.

If Fleck is smart he will stay up in the Midwest and maybe hold out for Notre Dame. I wouldn’t come down south as your star can fade quick by taking the wrong gig.

MarketingBully
11-03-2019, 04:13 PM

I’d pay whatever it took to get Cristobal. He’d be a great fit down there and he’s a heckuva recruiter and would dominate the state of Florida with Dan the Man and Manny at the other two spots.

Commercecomet24
11-03-2019, 05:32 PM
I’d pay whatever it took to get Cristobal. He’d be a great fit down there and he’s a heckuva recruiter and would dominate the state of Florida with Dan the Man and Manny at the other two spots.

I like him too. He's got an edge to him. Hardcore.

Todd4State
11-03-2019, 05:42 PM
Commerce, you are well informed and always have good info. What do you think is Joe’s fate with us? Does yesterday do anything to change his future outlook? Does he actually want out of here bad enough that no matter what happens from here on out, he’s looking to get out & go somewhere? Is he being encouraged to do some looking? I know that’s a lot of questions, but there’s just been a ton of speculation on here and not a ton of credible info backing it up.

I’m not an insider but to me it’s pretty evident that if Joe loses the Egg Bowl he is getting fired. If he doesn’t we’ll see. I still personally think he leaves on his own.

Commercecomet24
11-03-2019, 05:46 PM
Commerce, you are well informed and always have good info. What do you think is Joe?s fate with us? Does yesterday do anything to change his future outlook? Does he actually want out of here bad enough that no matter what happens from here on out, he?s looking to get out & go somewhere? Is he being encouraged to do some looking? I know that?s a lot of questions, but there?s just been a ton of speculation on here and not a ton of credible info backing it up.

Thanks but there's a lot of folks on here way more connected than me but this is what I been hearing. If he goes 4-8 he's gone, 5-7 it's a tossup but I think he's gone, 6-6 he'll still be here unless he chooses to leave. Yes joes been looking around but don't know if he'll find a landing spot. A lot depends on what happens over this last month. Cohen got some heavy crap he's gonna have to deal with either way. If he stays he's got lot of changes to make. I do know the players are still willing to fight for him. Lot of moving parts this last month

Mjoelner34
11-03-2019, 05:53 PM
Thanks but there's a lot of folks on here way more connected than me but this is what I been hearing. If he goes 4-8 he's gone, 5-7 it's a tossup but I think he's gone, 6-6 he'll still be here unless he chooses to leave. Yes joes been looking around but don't know if he'll find a landing spot. A lot depends on what happens over this last month. Cohen got some heavy crap he's gonna have to deal with either way. If he stays he's got lot of changes to make. I do know the players are still willing to fight for him. Lot of moving parts this last month

I'm hoping yesterday impressed Rutgers more than it impressed Cohen. I'm hoping we 6-6 and Rutgers comes after him.

defiantdog
11-03-2019, 05:53 PM
FSU losing to Miami put the nail in the coffin. Taggart had a foot out the door, but FSU hates Miami (maybe more than Florida) and they got embarrassed at home. I could see the same scenario if OM beats us by 3 scores as well.

RocketDawg
11-03-2019, 05:59 PM

And he might like the chance to return to his home state.

Commercecomet24
11-03-2019, 06:03 PM
FSU losing to Miami put the nail in the coffin. Taggart had a foot out the door, but FSU hates Miami (maybe more than Florida) and they got embarrassed at home. I could see the same scenario if OM beats us by 3 scores as well.

Yeah i could see that too if unm thumps us. Could be ugly.

Commercecomet24
11-03-2019, 06:03 PM
And he might like the chance to return to his home state.

Exactly. He's a heckuva a recruiter too.

was21
11-03-2019, 06:18 PM
Won't be Stoops

QuadrupleOption
11-03-2019, 06:25 PM

They'll get Norvell and then win all the National Championships forever, even the non-football ones. He's just that good.

HoopsDawg
11-03-2019, 06:57 PM
Hearing Clawson and Norvell for FSU right now. More names will emerge though.

msstate7
11-03-2019, 07:01 PM
Hearing Clawson and Norvell for FSU right now. More names will emerge though.

Clawson at FSU would be a HR.

HoopsDawg
11-03-2019, 07:13 PM
Clawson at FSU would be a HR.

Not a "sexy" hire, but very low risk. He will have them back at the top in 3 years.

viverlibre
11-03-2019, 09:48 PM
I?m not an insider but to me it?s pretty evident that if Joe loses the Egg Bowl he is getting fired. If he doesn?t we?ll see. I still personally think he leaves on his own.

Joe Moorhead will be coach of MSU for the 2020 season.

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-03-2019, 10:50 PM
I?d pay whatever it took to get Cristobal. He?d be a great fit down there and he?s a heckuva recruiter and would dominate the state of Florida with Dan the Man and Manny at the other two spots.

This is almost verbatim what was said about Taggart

basedog
11-04-2019, 07:35 AM
You guys need to go read Yahoo Sports about the job at Fsu. It's a train wreck with AD and Administration, ain't what it use to be in other words. They list the top 10 coaching candidates which most are on ED wish list. Seems the buyout for most is way to high.

1. James Franklin, Penn State – We wrote this morning on Yahoo Sports that Franklin is USC’s likely top target. It’s reasonable to think FSU fired Taggart so soon because they wanted a jump on top candidates. Franklin has the experience, skill and recruiting cachet to revive the Seminoles. Does he risk the administrative migraines? His buyout is only $1 million, but his salary is $5 million and FSU would have to overpay.
2. Mario Cristobal, Oregon – Andy Miller and the Seminole Boosters could get invited to the Eugene Chamber of Commerce for an Economic Stimulus Award if Cristobal goes there. They’d have to pay $9 million up until Jan. 14, in addition to the $3 million they paid for Taggart. Cristobal is a Florida native and has long coveted this job. Does he leave stable AD Rob ******* and the burgeoning program for the unknown in Tallahassee?
3. Matt Rhule, Baylor – He’s certainly navigated some messes before in his career, as he revived Baylor in the wake of sanctions. Rhule has learned with Pat Kraft at Temple and Mack Rhoades at Baylor how important alignment is in a coaching job. The alignment at FSU is not immediately visible.
4. P.J. Fleck, Minnesota – His buyout is $4 million, which isn’t insurmountable. Fleck has made both Western Michigan (13-1 in 2016) and Minnesota (8-0) relevant in a four-year span by going undefeated deep into the season, which shows he can do more with less. It’s the first time either has been on the national stage in generations. What could he do with the talent and brand of FSU?
5. Matt Campbell, Iowa State – The $6 million buyout would be a factor. The question lingers as to whether Campbell would leave his Midwestern roots when a Big Ten or NFL job could come calling.
6. Mike Norvell, Memphis – Because all of the above coaches have stable situations, none would sprint to Tallahassee. Norvell loves Memphis and has been paid well above Group of Five market at $2.6 million, but this is the caliber of opportunity he’s been waiting for. The timing here is good for Norvell, as he just had the eyes of the college football world on the job he’s done at Memphis this weekend. Bonus for cash-strapped FSU: Norvell’s buyout is only $500,000.
7. Mark Stoops, Kentucky – Don’t be surprised if this name garners serious interest. Stoops spent three years at FSU earlier this decade and has shown he can run a capable and professional program. There’s not much sizzle to Stoops, but FSU needs to find stability more than sizzle.
8. Scott Satterfield, Louisville – Want a coach to come in and fix a chronically underachieving and undisciplined program? Well, Satterfield just did that at Louisville, taking over a 2-10 program and having them 5-3 this season. Does he aim higher? The buyout is $5 million, which isn’t untenable.
9. Bryan Harsin, Boise State – Seminoles officials saw up close what a Harsin team looks like, as the Broncos upset FSU in the opener this season. Harsin’s 78 percent winning percentage is among the elite in college football, and he clearly could instill the needed discipline and offensive polish. The biggest question: Could he jump from Boise to the deep South?
10. Luke Fickell, Cincinnati – He’s headed toward back-to-back 10-win seasons and brings football sensibilities that would resonate at FSU. This would be another culture leap, as Fickell has essentially never lived outside the state of Ohio. It’s hard to argue with a coach who has gone 18-3 the past two years.

timotheus
11-04-2019, 07:42 AM
I know of another familiar coach who is checking real estate in Tallahassee. And he's out of his dental chair now.

CadaverDawg
11-04-2019, 07:16 PM
I know of another familiar coach who is checking real estate in Tallahassee. And he's out of his dental chair now.

Freeze would absolutely crush it at FSU. Imagine all the athletes he could recruit to run that offense of his in that state. I don't like the guy at all, but if FSU wants to win and win fast....they'd look at the beav.

viverlibre
11-04-2019, 10:17 PM
Freeze would absolutely crush it at FSU. Imagine all the athletes he could recruit to run that offense of his in that state. I don't like the guy at all, but if FSU wants to win and win fast....they'd look at the beav.
^^^^^This. Urban first, then Freezus. He would absolutely kill it, especially as it looks like the NCAA is getting more and more toothless.

timotheus
11-04-2019, 10:23 PM
I have solid real estate info the Freeze has a person looking for potential residences in the Tallahassee area.

HailStateSZN19
11-05-2019, 12:53 AM
I would absolutely love it for Freeze to get the FSU job and him & Dan go head to head recruiting and on the field again LOL! But Bob Stoops rumors are running rampant right now with FSU. Several people on Twitter were reporting that he was in Tallahassee tonight meeting and that a deal has been in the works for a couple weeks now. Not who I thought would end up there but think it’s a very solid hire if it winds up happening.

TUSK
11-05-2019, 01:35 AM
Y’all are so missing out on a potential....

Lane Kiffin at FSU would make Merlins lose his mind.

Todd4State
11-05-2019, 01:59 AM
Joe Moorhead will be coach of MSU for the 2020 season.

We'll see.

Todd4State
11-05-2019, 02:00 AM

Hugh Freeze to FSU? LOL at Dan Mullen.

I will say this- he has Liberty at 6 wins- and one more gets them bowl eligible this year.

And for Freeze- he's a lot closer to Tampa.**

Todd4State
11-05-2019, 02:03 AM

If he stays it's pretty certain that we'll have a new S&C and new ST coach at the very least.

Of course the thing that worries me is the team discipline and the lack of preparation this year and last. That falls squarely on Joe.

5-7 means that he lost the Egg Bowl and that probably would be enough for the boosters and Keenum to make a move.