PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- Tastes Like Bacon Edition

Coach34
11-03-2019, 10:03 AM
1. What a beautiful day yesterday. A district title, 7 game winning streak, a 20 oz ribeye with grilled squash, zucchini, and onions.... bacon-wrapped shrimp appetizer. To add it? A Hog killin, Mullen getting beat by Kirby yet again, and OM losing. As the Old Milwaukee commercial used to say- "It just dont get any better than this"

2. Surprise starter TommyBoy yesterday. Plastic Man got to go against the 118th ranked D in the country yesterday. It would have taken a bullet to hurt him on a numbers day like yesterday. It's always surprising how quickly people get healthy for these types of games. And that goes for every level from Jr High to the NFL.

3. UPig is the worst SEC team I can remember in recent history. At least under Croom we could play D somewhat. OM has had some really bad defenses but at least were viable on O. UPig is really bad and now has quit too apparently- 153 points the last 3 games.

4. Good to see us attack their weakest part of their team- run D. Attack it we did. I cant remember a more dominating performance by the OL against an SEC team. 57 carries for 460 yards. Total dominance. We could have pulled a Mike Justice in the state championship game when he was at MC and not thrown a pass yesterday. It wouldnt have mattered. Complete dominance against a very bad team.

5. Nice job by Osirus of jumping up and grabbing the ball thrown up for grabs for a TD. UPig's short corner was there- Mitchell just high-pointed it and made the play. Still only 1 catch tho. He has 2 catches the last 3 games. Terrible job of getting the ball to your best WR by this offense. I know he has a drop or two in those games- but he simply isnt getting the targets he should be.

6. Not real happy with the way UPig was able to run the ball on us- averaging 7.4 per carry. Fortunately, they are so bad throwing the football it didnt matter. We did a great job of taking away the slant they kept throwing on 3rd down. Nice job Coach Morris of being so diverse on offense against the blitz you know is coming from Shoop on money downs.

7. On UPig's 1st TD and some other runs- they ran to the boundary with a G kick. Our DE wasnt keeping outside contain and was spilling inside. OG ended up kicking the CB and it led to some good runs by UPig. We got to clean that up. Either the DE has keep outside contain as he squeezes or the LB has to come off the horn to take on the OG in you want the DE spilling inside.

8. How great was it to see something good happen for Marcus Murphy? If anybody needed it- it was him. Good job of breaking on the ball and making a play.

9. 2 weeks to get ready for Bammer. They will be coming off LSU and their D is not the monster it usually is. Since we got TommyBoy healthy and we are at home- I'm sure we can expect the offense to put some points on the board.

10. Egg Bowl going to be for a bowl appearance. Auburn was flat but OM played them all the way to the end. That has to at least make you somewhat uncomfortable. I cant bear to watch them win a 3rd straight game at Scott Field. OM's APR is better than ours- so if it comes down to us or them if a 5 win team is needed- they would go before us should we lose to them.

HailState

DogsofAnarchy
11-03-2019, 10:13 AM
A blind person can see what is gonna happen because of yesterday:

1. OM will rush the football for 300+ Yards on us.
2. The Egg Bowl is our Bowl this year. All of you, “I’m not going back to Jacksonville crew” hope you enjoy it.
3. Lastly, we lost our only shot at getting rid of the JoMo shit show, yesterday. Hope you enjoy beating the powerhouse Hogs.

Cooterpoot
11-03-2019, 10:42 AM
APR doesn’t matter. Probation killed that.

Ari Gold
11-03-2019, 10:47 AM

2. The Egg Bowl is our Bowl this year. All of you, “I’m not going back to Jacksonville crew” hope you enjoy it.
3. Lastly, we lost our only shot at getting rid of the JoMo shit show, yesterday. Hope you enjoy beating the powerhouse Hogs.

Thanks for the input .. Next time spare us and keep to yourself . Thanks

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2019, 10:55 AM
In regards to point 2, did we ever find out why Dantzler missed the A&M game?

Joe said it was a “pleasant surprise” that all the injured players were back yesterday. Hmmm

dantheman4248
11-03-2019, 11:01 AM
5. Glad someone called that what it was. A meh ball we caught based on talent. Game thread went nuts over that throw. Tommy has 2 weeks to get ready for his final prove it chance for any NFL aspirations.

6. It’s interesting that’s the first game I remember us this season defending the slant well.

DogsofAnarchy
11-03-2019, 11:05 AM

If I’m wrong, I will come back here and signal my farewell. If I’m right will you do the same?

defiantdog
11-03-2019, 11:12 AM
1. What a beautiful day yesterday. A district title, 7 game winning streak, a 20 oz ribeye with grilled squash, zucchini, and onions.... bacon-wrapped shrimp appetizer. To add it? A Hog killin, Mullen getting beat by Kirby yet again, and OM losing. As the Old Milwaukee commercial used to say- "It just dont get any better than this"

2. Surprise starter TommyBoy yesterday. Plastic Man got to go against the 118th ranked D in the country yesterday. It would have taken a bullet to hurt him on a numbers day like yesterday. It's always surprising how quickly people get healthy for these types of games. And that goes for every level from Jr High to the NFL.

3. UPig is the worst SEC team I can remember in recent history. At least under Croom we could play D somewhat. OM has had some really bad defenses but at least were viable on O. UPig is really bad and now has quit too apparently- 153 points the last 3 games.

4. Good to see us attack their weakest part of their team- run D. Attack it we did. I cant remember a more dominating performance by the OL against an SEC team. 57 carries for 460 yards. Total dominance. We could have pulled a Mike Justice in the state championship game when he was at MC and not thrown a pass yesterday. It wouldnt have mattered. Complete dominance against a very bad team.

5. Nice job by Osirus of jumping up and grabbing the ball thrown up for grabs for a TD. UPig's short corner was there- Mitchell just high-pointed it and made the play. Still only 1 catch tho. He has 2 catches the last 3 games. Terrible job of getting the ball to your best WR by this offense. I know he has a drop or two in those games- but he simply isnt getting the targets he should be.

6. Not real happy with the way UPig was able to run the ball on us- averaging 7.4 per carry. Fortunately, they are so bad throwing the football it didnt matter. We did a great job of taking away the slant they kept throwing on 3rd down. Nice job Coach Morris of being so diverse on offense against the blitz you know is coming from Shoop on money downs.

7. On UPig's 1st TD and some other runs- they ran to the boundary with a G kick. Our DE wasnt keeping outside contain and was spilling inside. OG ended up kicking the CB and it led to some good runs by UPig. We got to clean that up. Either the DE has keep outside contain as he squeezes or the LB has to come off the horn to take on the OG in you want the DE spilling inside.

8. How great was it to see something good happen for Marcus Murphy? If anybody needed it- it was him. Good job of breaking on the ball and making a play.

9. 2 weeks to get ready for Bammer. They will be coming off LSU and their D is not the monster it usually is. Since we got TommyBoy healthy and we are at home- I'm sure we can expect the offense to put some points on the board.

10. Egg Bowl going to be for a bowl appearance. Auburn was flat but OM played them all the way to the end. That has to at least make you somewhat uncomfortable. I cant bear to watch them win a 3rd straight game at Scott Field. OM's APR is better than ours- so if it comes down to us or them if a 5 win team is needed- they would go before us should we lose to them.

HailState

I was on that team..... Bobo was an unstoppable force (he could've played anywhere if he would've just opened a book). I remember joking with Chris Spencer about how he won't be able to get a ring cause nothing was gonna fit his bear claws. Either way, we'll see what this team is made of when we play Bama. They may not have the typical Bama defense, but they have a lot of playmakers on that side of the ball. Tommy may shatter in that game.

Ari Gold
11-03-2019, 11:14 AM

HailState

I will add 11 and 12
Worse special teams in football.. thank God our fg kicker is solid.
And by far the worse S&C coach in the SEC.. Spend some money and upgrade this position ASAP
A much needed road win.. staff needs to get out this weekend on the recruiting trail and hopefully the week off gets some guys healed up

defiantdog
11-03-2019, 11:20 AM
I will add 11 and 12
And by far the worse S&C coach in the SEC.. Spend some money and upgrade this position ASAP
A much needed road win.. staff needs to get out this weekend on the recruiting trail and hopefully the week off gets some guys healed up

I hate calling out people, but Bichey is awful. First off, to be a respectable S&C coach, you need to look the part. He looks like the guy who always goes for the motorized scooter in Wal Mart. Come on, S&C coaches need to be fit and intimidating. He's like a big teddy bear who hasn't missed a meal in his life.

OLJWales
11-03-2019, 11:24 AM
I will add 11 and 12

We may actually be bettern UPIG & Vandy in the S&C dept. Hard to fathom anybody in the SEC being worse though.

I can't believe how far Upig has fallen. Thought the ex Whiskey coach was gonna do well there and I thought this new guy was going to do well. Something stinks up there and it's not just the swine farms.

Last night's OM team against The Barn looked tougher than our team. I'm concerned about Turkey Night.

Turfdawg67
11-03-2019, 11:50 AM

2. The Egg Bowl is our Bowl this year. All of you, ?I?m not going back to Jacksonville crew? hope you enjoy it.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. I never root against State. You are a sh*t fan if you did.

TrapGame
11-03-2019, 11:56 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed it. I never root against State. You are a sh*t fan if you did.

Yeah, I want us to finish 6-6 for the good of the program not so Joe gets a pass or something. Everyone should want this team to succeed. Good win yesterday but let's not go overboard b/c it was Arkansas.

MarketingBully
11-03-2019, 12:08 PM
We may actually be bettern UPIG & Vandy in the S&C dept. Hard to fathom anybody in the SEC being worse though.

I can't believe how far Upig has fallen. Thought the ex Whiskey coach was gonna do well there and I thought this new guy was going to do well. Something stinks up there and it's not just the swine farms.

Last night's OM team against The Barn looked tougher than our team. I'm concerned about Turkey Night.

About 48 hours ago, you and our fanbase were worried about the Arky game. Auburn played like shit. They literally left 20 points off the board because they couldn?t finish drives more due to themselves then OM. OM had 266 total yards yesterday. I think we will be alright.

Ari Gold
11-03-2019, 12:11 PM

The S&C coaches at Vandy and Arky are 10x more qualified for the position than Bichey is.. Check out the resumes

And not calling you out .. but I have never seen so many State fans in love with a 3-6 team that has wins over Arky and Vandy ( at home ) and some other shit team
Yes the score was 20-14 last night .. but look at the stats and tell me what the score should have been .. and I have never seen an Aub team at home that was more uninspired than last night ..
I will say this OM does play hard .. and are much better than last year but damn they have won 3 games

OLJWales
11-03-2019, 12:20 PM
About 48 hours ago, you and our fanbase were worried about the Arky game. Auburn played like shit. They literally left 20 points off the board because they couldn?t finish drives more due to themselves then OM. OM had 266 total yards yesterday. I think we will be alright.

I'll be the 1st to admit, I actually thought we were either going to lose or look like shit in a close win. OM played AU tough and close for 4 quarters. Both teams had 167 on the ground but AU shredded their putrid secondary. I agree with you that when you have 340 thru the air coupled with another 167 on the ground, you have to shoot your OWN foot to come away with only 20 points.

OM can't pass and they can't stop the pass. Hopefully a healthy Tommy will offset our inability to stop the run and Kylin being the difference maker in the Egg Bowl. It ain't gonna be easy. Our run D scares the shit outta me.

Quaoarsking
11-03-2019, 12:23 PM

No we didn't. No one is going to hire him away from us unless he shows he hasn't lost the team. Yesterday made it much MORE likely that Joe isn't back for 2020.

OLJWales
11-03-2019, 12:29 PM
No we didn't. No one is going to hire him away from us unless he shows he hasn't lost the team. Yesterday made it much MORE likely that Joe isn't back for 2020.

So you are suggesting that if he wins 2 more he gets offered a less demanding gig and bolts? If so, that would be the best scenario for all involved IMO. An Egg Bowl victory and new coach would be an early Christmas present for me.

Coach34
11-03-2019, 12:34 PM
Yes Ari- our Special Teams are Special in a below normal functioning level kind of way.

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2019, 12:36 PM
“Coach, what do you think about the execution of your special teams?”

Coach: “I’m all for it”

parabrave
11-03-2019, 01:15 PM
“Coach, what do you think about the execution of your special teams?”

Coach: “I’m all for it”

Well to give Jomo credit he jumped into Jones shi$ during the halftime TV interview

Todd4State
11-03-2019, 01:55 PM
Well to give Jomo credit he jumped into Jones shi$ during the halftime TV interview

If there is one positive thing about Joe is at least on some level he appears to understand that there are issues in certain spots. Sometimes it translates into him doing something ridiculous but at least he’s aware.

Lord McBuckethead
11-03-2019, 02:34 PM
CJM actually said along the lines that the special teams was a joke going into half.

Lord McBuckethead
11-03-2019, 02:45 PM
If there is one positive thing about Joe is at least on some level he appears to understand that there are issues in certain spots. Sometimes it translates into him doing something ridiculous but at least he’s aware.

What can you do when you don't have the horses.

Lord McBuckethead
11-03-2019, 02:46 PM
I wish we could find something for Dear to do on offense more than eat up a couple of carries to end the game. Dude does have some good hands.

HailStateSZN19
11-03-2019, 02:48 PM

I?m still not sold that Joe a) Wants out as bad as some have said & b) that he?s going to be hired away. Rutgers has been the main team everyone thinks he?s going to end up at. Going off their 24/7 board, sounds like it?s either Schiano or now they?ve apparently interviewed Butch Jones. They rarely even mention Joe anymore. Not many of them seem to want him as a candidate for HC. Now they?ve all talked about how they?d be down to hire Schiano as HC and try to pull Joe as an OC but he ain?t leaving an SECW HC job to go be an OC for one of the worst P5 schools. Usually if a coach is sold on leaving, the players sense it or hear of it and they quit on the coach and yesterday looked like the complete opposite. Although it was against one of the worst SEC teams probably of all-time, the kids went out and played hard for Joe and still really seem to like him. I might be wrong, but I just don?t visually see anything that screams Joe wants out of here like some have said. I have zero sources and maybe people with sources that know what?s going on behind the scenes can elaborate on what?s happening and prove my thinking wrong, but it just feels like after yesterday, he?ll be back next year barring us getting whooped bad in the Egg Bowl. And for clarification, I don?t think Joe is the answer for us for the future. We?ve regressed to where prior to yesterday?s game, a lot of us were nervous about us finding a way to lose to that putrid team. Beating down that Arky team doesn?t change my outlook or opinion on Joe as a HC. I like Joe as a guy, but don?t think he?s the right guy for us long-term and I would be perfectly fine with mutually parting ways after the season or if he loses to OM and finish 5-7, just moving on.

Hypnodawg
11-03-2019, 03:08 PM
The offense looked completely different to me. Screen passes, no check with me BS. A couple trick plays. The play calls just looked like a completely different offense.

Cowbell
11-03-2019, 03:11 PM
I hate calling out people, but Bichey is awful. First off, to be a respectable S&C coach, you need to look the part. He looks like the guy who always goes for the motorized scooter in Wal Mart. Come on, S&C coaches need to be fit and intimidating. He's like a big teddy bear who hasn't missed a meal in his life.

I said the same thing this summer and nobody took me seriously. It doesn?t take a rocket scientist to figure this out. I was hoping he just has some condition limiting his own abilities.

DeltaChicagoDog
11-03-2019, 05:26 PM
‘The offense looked completely different to me. Screen passes, no check with me BS. A couple trick plays. The play calls just looked like a completely different offense.’

With Tommy’s experience and knowledge of Joe’s offense, I think he trusts Tommy to make the right pre-snap reads and dial in the correct audible if needed. Thus, fewer check-with-me’s (mercifully). Although Arkansas is a really really bad team, it was clear early on that Tommy was making the right post-snap reads, too, and putting the ball where it needed to be for plus yardage. It was a breath of fresh air and fun to watch. Too bad we’ve been completely shut down against even mediocre defenses this year.

Todd4State
11-03-2019, 05:38 PM
What can you do when you don't have the horses.

Apparently do bulk in the ring pregame.

shannondawg
11-03-2019, 05:52 PM
A Hog killin, Mullen getting beat by Kirby yet again, and OM losing. As the Old Milwaukee commercial used to say- "It just dont get any better than this"

Hey 34, ain't that call a trifecta?

msbulldog
11-03-2019, 05:54 PM

Thank you Ari, couldn't have said it better. +1

Hypnodawg
11-03-2019, 08:02 PM

With Tommy’s experience and knowledge of Joe’s offense, I think he trusts Tommy to make the right pre-snap reads and dial in the correct audible if needed. Thus, fewer check-with-me’s (mercifully). Although Arkansas is a really really bad team, it was clear early on that Tommy was making the right post-snap reads, too, and putting the ball where it needed to be for plus yardage. It was a breath of fresh air and fun to watch. Too bad we’ve been completely shut down against even mediocre defenses this year.

I thought the same thing, about Tommy having free reign so not bring forced into the check with me. I don't think that explains the difference in play calling. I'm thinking maybe JoMo simplified the game plan and made some adjustments.

OLJWales
11-03-2019, 08:04 PM
What can you do when you don't have TRAINED horses.

FIFY

Percho
11-03-2019, 10:02 PM
Yeah, I want us to finish 6-6 for the good of the program not so Joe gets a pass or something. Everyone should want this team to succeed. Good win yesterday but let's not go overboard b/c it was Arkansas.

I want us to finish 7 - 5 plus 1 in the bowl game.