PDA

View Full Version : If you can?t see....

DogsofAnarchy
11-02-2019, 10:07 PM
that Mike Norvell is the real deal and how hard his teams play for him with WAY less talent than we supposedly have, then you are, dare I say....a DAMN idiot!! Vetting process my damn ass!! Someone is going to get that guy and we are going to regret it.

Liverpooldawg
11-02-2019, 10:10 PM
that Mike Norvell is the real deal and how hard his teams play for him with WAY less talent than we supposedly have, then you are, dare I say....a DAMN idiot!! Vetting process my damn ass!! Someone is going to get that guy .and we are going to regret it.

Rumor has it it pounds it hard at Tunica, among other things. If the rumors aren't true then hire him.

MarketingBully
11-02-2019, 10:11 PM
Could be Arkansas. My guess is they will fire Morris at the end of the season.

BeastMan
11-02-2019, 10:12 PM
Rumor has it it pounds it hard at Tunica, among other things. If the rumors aren't true then hire him.

That rumor is 100% false

trojandawg
11-02-2019, 10:19 PM
Yep Cohen seems to be doing everything in his power to pump up Moorhead right now. He will use today as some kind justification to keep him for next year and Arkansas will get Norvell.

TrapGame
11-02-2019, 10:19 PM
Herbie says Norvell gonna be hot property after this season. This game is nationally televised audition.

DogsofAnarchy
11-02-2019, 10:20 PM

That is bald face lie!!

DogsofAnarchy
11-02-2019, 10:21 PM
Yep Cohen seems to be doing everything in his power to pump up Moorhead right now. He will use today as some kind justification to keep him for next year and Arkansas will get Norvell.

Ding Ding!! Glad someone else gets it!!

MetEdDawg
11-02-2019, 10:22 PM

Can you explain what specifically Cohen is doing to pump up Moorhead?

TrapGame
11-02-2019, 10:23 PM

I think that's mostly show. We are trying to keep the recruiting class together. I really think Joe wants out. We are trying to end this relationship the right way. And if it's true about Norvell's people and our people talking a lot over the last two or three weeks I don't think Joe is coming back. Kinda strange Rutgers ain't got a coach yet.

Coursesuper
11-02-2019, 10:24 PM

Yep, he who can do no wrong.

trojandawg
11-02-2019, 10:26 PM
Are you serious?

War Machine Dawg
11-02-2019, 10:30 PM
That rumor is 100% false

Even if it were true, I don’t give a damn if he likes Tunica. We aren’t hiring a Sunday school teacher, we’re hiring a football coach and will be paying that person millions to win football games. That sumbitch Norvell will win football games.

BeardoMSU
11-02-2019, 10:33 PM
We aren’t hiring a Sunday school teacher

Sadly, this is still MS, and that stuff matters to a lot of people that make decisions....I wish it didn't, in many ways, not just football related.

Coursesuper
11-02-2019, 10:34 PM
Are you serious?

Um, NO. That was tongue in cheek.

HailStateSZN19
11-02-2019, 10:38 PM
I think that's mostly show. We are trying to keep the recruiting class together. I really think Joe wants out. We are trying to end this relationship the right way. And if it's true about Norvell's people and our people talking a lot over the last two or three weeks I don't think Joe is coming back. Kinda strange Rutgers ain't got a coach yet.

Where have you seen or heard that Norvell’s people have been in contact with us for 2-3 weeks?? Is that legit? I’d much rather go after him than Clark personally. And I’m still not 100% sold JoMo is wanting out as bad as some say. Usually if that’s the case, the players sense it and quit. Today looked like anything but the players quitting. Idk, that may just be me and might be completely wrong on that.

DogsofAnarchy
11-02-2019, 10:38 PM
ESPN just started pumping up Norvell....”He is going to be a VERY sought after coach...” Well I’ve been saying that on these boards since he got to Memphis. And now....once again....a day late and a dollar short. It’s a pipe dream now.

Coursesuper
11-02-2019, 10:39 PM
Sadly, this is still MS, and that stuff matters to a lot of people that make decisions....I wish it didn't, in many ways, not just football related.

You are so correct and it's pathetic.

BeardoMSU
11-02-2019, 10:40 PM
ESPN just started pumping up Norvell....”He is going to be a VERY sought after coach...” Well I’ve been saying that on these boards since he got to Memphis. And now....once again....a day late and a dollar short. It’s a pipe dream now.

The same people who said Joe was a home run, can't miss, up and cummer, future star, etc.?**

Maroonthirteen
11-02-2019, 10:43 PM
Herbie says Norvell gonna be hot property after this season. This game is nationally televised audition.

Herbie had a little to say on that subject. Which I thought, given the timing was odd. Herbie must be hearing things.

DogsofAnarchy
11-02-2019, 10:59 PM
The same people who said Joe was a home run, can't miss, up and cummer, future star, etc.?**

I never said that a single time.

BeardoMSU
11-02-2019, 11:05 PM
I never said that a single time.

My comment was meant more as a humorous anecdote, not necessarily directed at you; hence the "**".

Cooterpoot
11-03-2019, 01:02 AM
We get it. You?re a Memphis fan that goes to more Memphis games than State games DOA. Memphis ain?t all that. But, Norvell is better than Clark.

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2019, 07:18 AM
We can’t afford for OM to get Norvell.

He would take JoMo to the woodshed

basedog
11-03-2019, 07:25 AM
Sec west and the Sec competition is a whole lot different than Memphis and their conference. Norvell may be a good or decent Coach but no one coming to the Sec west is a sure thing, just look back over the last say 15 years.

Btw, Memphis has speed and a good offense, but they don't play a lick of defense, but not many or any less power 5 teams do.

Sienfield
11-03-2019, 07:37 AM

Luke has Ole Miss playing a lot better this year. They have played good teams a lot closer than we have and close to winning some like Auburn and Washington. If they beat us he will be there again next year IMO.

Really Clark?
11-03-2019, 08:43 AM
Luke has Ole Miss playing a lot better this year. They have played good teams a lot closer than we have and close to winning some like Auburn and Washington. If they beat us he will be there again next year IMO.

You mean Cal? They didn’t play Washington

DeputyDawg94
11-03-2019, 08:58 AM
Damn Tunica! Just win baby!

Bubb Rubb
11-03-2019, 09:35 AM
Even if it were true, I don?t give a damn if he likes Tunica. We aren?t hiring a Sunday school teacher, we?re hiring a football coach and will be paying that person millions to win football games. That sumbitch Norvell will win football games.

Pros for Norvell: Always excellent special teams play, very good at finding diamonds in recruiting that the big boys missed

Cons for Norvell: Defenses always struggle, always has at least one inexplicable loss every year, offensive playcalling is suspect, off-the-field concerns

There are better options out there than Norvell. I'd rather see Arkansas make that mistake.

DogsofAnarchy
11-03-2019, 09:40 AM
We get it. You?re a Memphis fan that goes to more Memphis games than State games DOA. Memphis ain?t all that. But, Norvell is better than Clark.

No I’m a Bulldog Fan that went to a bunch of Memphis games because I was basically living in Memphis. Don’t be a Douche.

Cooterpoot
11-03-2019, 09:43 AM
Norvell is on everybody’s list of coaches. I imagine AR goes after him hard. He’ll be the most in demand of any G5 coach. Doesn’t mean he’ll be good but he’ll be leaving Memphis unless those skeletons are real bad. That Gameday just got him a lot of money.

MrKotter
11-03-2019, 09:52 AM
Pros for Norvell: Always excellent special teams play, very good at finding diamonds in recruiting that the big boys missed

Cons for Norvell: Defenses always struggle, always has at least one inexplicable loss every year, offensive playcalling is suspect, off-the-field concerns

There are better options out there than Norvell. I'd rather see Arkansas make that mistake.

It?s time to put the off the field stuff to rest. It?s nonexistent. Not saying they always will give me the goods, but I have friends that work in the athletic dept at Memphis and some former players and Highland Hundred members in the group I play golf with. The tail chasing/gambling rumors are just that, rumors.

Not sure he?d be my top choice but his offense is efficient, organized, aggressive and puts up points. Always has good special teams too. He?s basically the opposite of us

OLJWales
11-03-2019, 11:13 AM
Not sure Norvell is an SEC HC. I know most HC's spend more time on one side of the ball than the other due to their expertise but at the end of the day, their signatures are on BOTH sides of the ball. Same goes for Leach (as much as I love the guy) just would not fair well in the SEC IMO. Gotta know how to bring hard hitting defensive wood to make it in the SEC.

Bubb Rubb
11-03-2019, 12:27 PM
It?s time to put the off the field stuff to rest. It?s nonexistent. Not saying they always will give me the goods, but I have friends that work in the athletic dept at Memphis and some former players and Highland Hundred members in the group I play golf with. The tail chasing/gambling rumors are just that, rumors.

Not sure he?d be my top choice but his offense is efficient, organized, aggressive and puts up points. Always has good special teams too. He?s basically the opposite of us

You are wrong, but you are entitled to your opinion.

Liverpooldawg
11-03-2019, 12:57 PM
Arkansas looked at him when they hired Morris. It looked like they were going to hire him, and then they backed off. That's been a theme with him.

MrKotter
11-03-2019, 01:07 PM
You are wrong, but you are entitled to your opinion.

About what?

Cowbell
11-03-2019, 03:05 PM

Luke ain’t going anywhere this year....

ckDOG
11-03-2019, 03:38 PM

It didn?t during the last Presidential election, nor will it during the next.

Maybe we hold our college football coaches to higher ethical standards? And if so, why?

Bubb Rubb
11-03-2019, 04:23 PM
About what?

Everything except "always has good special teams."

OLJWales
11-03-2019, 04:29 PM
It didn?t during the last Presidential election, nor will it during the next.

Maybe we hold our college football coaches to higher ethical standards? And if so, why?

You got that right ck. Isn't it amazing how many votes she got despite 3 decades of ethical misconduct?

ckDOG
11-03-2019, 05:01 PM
You got that right ck. Isn't it amazing how many votes she got despite 3 decades of ethical misconduct?

I love whataboutisms. Then we can interview Briles to play the evil bitch card and MS can sleep better hiring someone that they normally wouldn?t invite over for dinner.

MrKotter
11-03-2019, 05:17 PM
Everything except "always has good special teams."
You?re a 17ing idiot. I figured you would reply with something baseless and completely idiotic

TheLostDawg
11-03-2019, 05:27 PM
Luke ain?t going anywhere this year....

I agree. I think that they realized to use him as a "HC" and hire good coordinators. Plus they have a week off before they play us so I'm sure that they'll be ready.

Bubb Rubb
11-03-2019, 06:35 PM
You?re a 17ing idiot. I figured you would reply with something baseless and completely idiotic

Well, then.

You okay, precious? I didn't mean to trigger you. I'm just providing information.

TUSK
11-03-2019, 06:36 PM
In.

OLJWales
11-03-2019, 06:46 PM
Lot's of Love Spreading Throughout this Thread. Family.

R2Dawg
11-03-2019, 07:35 PM
We can?t afford for OM to get Norvell.

I guess we could buy all the good coaches so Olemiss can't get one?

Wrong reason to hire a coach is so Olemiss won't get him. MSU needs the right coach, regardless of what Olemiss does or not.

None of us really know how any of these candidates will turn out anyway. Almost everyone thought Joe was a HR.

TALL DAWG
11-03-2019, 08:11 PM
Sec west and the Sec competition is a whole lot different than Memphis and their conference. Norvell may be a good or decent Coach but no one coming to the Sec west is a sure thing, just look back over the last say 15 years.

Btw, Memphis has speed and a good offense, but they don't play a lick of defense, but not many or any less power 5 teams do.

Did anyone in this thread watch the Memphis at Tulsa game last week?
An awful Tulsa team had averaged like 2.2 yards per carry until they played Memphis and ran it all over them. Tulsa set up for a 29 yd FG to win it with 2 secs on clock and missed it. No way Memphis should?ve won that game after giving up 40+ pts.

SMU didnt look to special last night + their top WR was injured.

basedog
11-03-2019, 09:55 PM
Did anyone in this thread watch the Memphis at Tulsa game last week?
An awful Tulsa team had averaged like 2.2 yards per carry until they played Memphis and ran it all over them. Tulsa set up for a 29 yd FG to win it with 2 secs on clock and missed it. No way Memphis should?ve won that game after giving up 40+ pts.

SMU didnt look to special last night + their top WR was injured.

I watched that Tulsa game, mostly to see what some of the talk about Norvell was about. I wasn’t impressed nor I’m sure he can find a decent DC. Offensive Memphis is good playing in that conference but they are really bad defensively.
JMO