PDA

View Full Version : Did we not want Jalil Clemons?

chef dixon
11-02-2019, 10:03 PM
What was the story there? Kid looks like a player.

msu15
11-02-2019, 10:19 PM
We did not want him

Homedawg
11-02-2019, 11:04 PM
He was a tweener. I don't fault the staff on that one. He might be a star. But sometimes you have to trust you Evals.

Todd4State
11-02-2019, 11:11 PM
He was a tweener. I don't fault the staff on that one. He might be a star. But sometimes you have to trust you Evals.

We’re still missing on guys. Gainwell was a miss.

ShotgunDawg
11-02-2019, 11:23 PM
We’re still missing on guys. Gainwell was a miss.

We'll always miss on guys. Everyone does. Evaluation is very very hard

DogsofAnarchy
11-02-2019, 11:31 PM

Doesn’t make sense. He was tweeter.....now he’s a star....but trust the evals....hmmmm. Looks like the evals could use a new evaluator.

Todd4State
11-03-2019, 12:21 AM
We'll always miss on guys. Everyone does. Evaluation is very very hard

But the thing is he was a good player in high school. I think there is/was too much emphasis on measureables. I’d like to know who we signed in his place. He wasn’t a complete unknown.

Same with Minchew where we took Nick Tiano instead.

It seems like we prefer to chase out of state guys with measureables over in state guys that can play but don’t have the measureables.

ZedFedder
11-03-2019, 12:22 AM
It’s impossible to go 100% on these things. Hindsight is always 20/20. For every Jalil Clemons or Darrell Henderson, there are 20 who sign with mid majors and you never hear of them again.

Irondawg
11-03-2019, 12:32 AM
Basically I think what he’s trying to say is that there is always a few guys who are tweeners that turn into really good players but the majority don’t so you normally need to chase the guys your evaluations say have the best chance to turn into good players.

Harder to accept missing a guy in your backyard though

Cooterpoot
11-03-2019, 12:59 AM
We couldn?t recruit Henderson. And some of these guys that look like world beaters vs AAC teams wouldn?t make it in the SEC. Minshew didn?t fit our offense.

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2019, 06:16 AM
But the thing is he was a good player in high school. I think there is/was too much emphasis on measureables. I’d like to know who we signed in his place. He wasn’t a complete unknown.

Same with Minchew where we took Nick Tiano instead.

It seems like we prefer to chase out of state guys with measureables over in state guys that can play but don’t have the measureables.

Eh. Stick the book for the most part or else you'll have a team that doesn't look right.

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2019, 06:17 AM
It’s impossible to go 100% on these things. Hindsight is always 20/20. For every Jalil Clemons or Darrell Henderson, there are 20 who sign with mid majors and you never hear of them again.

This.

I don't get bent out of shape on this type of stuff unless it was a guy that legitimately had the measurables or a special skill that we failed to account for.