PDA

View Full Version : Questions going forward

MetEdDawg
11-02-2019, 07:43 PM
1) What are your expectations for Bama?

2) Who's the starting QB in 2 weeks?

3) Given all that's happened this year, would 7-6 change your opinion of Joe?

I'm in the 30+ point loss to Bama, Stevens is the starting QB, and yes it would change my opinion.

msbulldog
11-02-2019, 07:44 PM
Always Positive!

Liverpooldawg
11-02-2019, 07:47 PM

I'm in the 30+ point loss to Bama, Stevens is the starting QB, and yes it would train.

1). Arranging it where nobody who matters gets hurt. We ain't winning that game.
2) Thompson, see #1
3) It wouldn't. I was in wait and see mode, and that would continue it.

basedog
11-02-2019, 07:51 PM
Winning is important of what rumors are true or not.

Bama will beat the breaks off of us.

Stevens will start. I notice today we seemed to get the play called and executed faster today.

I'd be happy with 7-6.

MD2020
1) Bama came name their score
2) Stevens
3) Depends on how we win and the opponent of the bowl game.

dawgday166
1) We keep it kinda close ... 21 pts or so. Saban wants Joe to stay long term.
2) I'm kinda betting Tommy gets "hurt" and will be out for Bama game. Hadn't seen anything like that from Tommy even when he was healthy. Arky really bad. Tommy wants no part of Bama.
3) No.

smootness
11-02-2019, 07:53 PM
1) We will get slaughtered
2) Stevens
3) No

TrapGame
11-02-2019, 07:54 PM
1) We get beat ugly.
2) Stevens
3) Nope

bluelightstar
11-02-2019, 08:49 PM
Change my opinion? I don’t think y’all realize Arkansas is dumpster juice.

MetEdDawg
11-02-2019, 08:56 PM
Change my opinion? I don’t think y’all realize Arkansas is dumpster juice.

That's why I asked if 7-6 would change your opinion

lastmajordog
11-02-2019, 09:11 PM
delete

Todd4State
11-02-2019, 09:25 PM
1. We’re getting blown out.

2. Stevens if he is healthy.

3. No. The lack of discipline is not sustainable long term. If he comes back for 2020 and I don’t think he will regardless he needs to show me improvement there next season.

R2Dawg
11-03-2019, 08:45 AM

I'm in the 30+ point loss to Bama, Stevens is the starting QB, and yes it would change my opinion.

1) Keep it to 14-20 and I'll be happy. We play better at home, have off week and they will be coming off LSU. If we had Tutor gate players maybe a TD better.
2) Stevens if he isn't hurt.
3) Just slightly. Joe will only have to muster one decent game against OM. If Joe starts fixing some of his issues then I'll feel better going into next year. Backing our way into a bowl game like 2007 and I will not feel like we've accomplished much.

SapperDawg
11-03-2019, 08:51 AM
1. Look less lost than at AU. Still expect massive blowout.
2. Stevens, is healthy.
3. No.

somebodyshotmypaw
11-03-2019, 08:55 AM
1. Play well, compete, give effort.

2. Stevens if healthy.

3. Unlike most, I didn't overreact when we lost to KState, Tennessee, etc. And I'm not going to overreact just because we beat a terrible Arkansas team. I will look at the overall status of the program. Not just one game.

wild_dawg
11-03-2019, 09:01 AM

1) I think we can put up a few points, but they will score in the 40's, similar to how Mississippi played them.
2) Assuming he's still 100%, Tommy. He is the better QB while healthy, but I do believe Shrader has the higher ceiling as he gets more experience.
3)It would put me back on the fence. That would mean he hung on to his team during a difficult time, but you still cant overlook the K-State and UT loses. It also depends how we win the remaining games. It would take a lot for me to believe that he is the long term guy.

CadaverDawg
11-03-2019, 09:07 AM
1. Alabama will make threads like these disappear. All of you guys that suddenly think Joe fixed things due to a win over Arkansas, will soon see how bad they are and how bad we still are. Alabama will embarrass us, they will hurt Tommy, and we will be back to Shrader for Abilene.

2. Stevens will start. He definitely seemed confident yesterday, so you ride the hot hand when you're a shit team playing a Top 2 team.

3. No. Anybody that would allow wins over this year's Ark, Abilene Christian, Ole Miss, and Belk Bowl opponent make them change their opinion of a coach that has ruined our program, doesn't know football. The only thing that could change my opinion, is if I see with my eyes that our offense plays with the same rhythm and effectiveness the rest of the year, including against Alabama. Not saying we should score 54...just that our offense stays in rhythm and we effectively move the ball a lot on them, bc Alabama has given up some points this year. There's about a 1% chance Joe wins me back, but it has zero to do with our final record.

Pinto
11-03-2019, 09:18 AM
7-6 for the season would just tick me off even more. If we end 7-6 it means we should have been 9-4 since we shouldn’t have lost to KState or Tenn. 9-4 elevates your program. 7-6 keeps you in a rut that nobody notices.

We need to keep in mind that ESPN said Joe was coaching for his season/team/career yesterday. MSU football should never be in that position the first weekend in November unless it’s time to fire a coach.

QuadrupleOption
11-03-2019, 09:46 AM
1) Bama is to MSU as MSU is to Arkansas. They'll kick our asses with no issues whatsoever.
2) Stevens will be the starter if he's healthy. He's better at running the system than Schrader right now.
3) Not really. He needs to figure out how to get his teams ready to play from the first snap and get them to play tougher. I'm still mad about K State and UT as well as the shit show that occurred at Auburn.