PDA

View Full Version : Football in 4K on Dish

RocketDawg
11-02-2019, 06:52 PM
If you have Dish, and you have a Hopper 3, and you have a 4K television, you can watch Northwestern/Indiana on Channel 540. I'm not sure why they pick such a lousy game for the 4K game of the week, but there are no advertisements. It's kinda like watching pay-per-view in the old days, except the picture is better.

TUSK
11-02-2019, 06:55 PM
If you have Dish, and you have a Hopper 3, and you have a 4K television, you can watch Northwestern/Indiana on Channel 540. I'm not sure why they pick such a lousy game for the 4K game of the week, but there are no advertisements. It's kinda like watching pay-per-view in the old days, except the picture is better.

How does Bammer’s disco lights look in the 4K?

RocketDawg
11-02-2019, 07:01 PM
How does Bammer’s disco lights look in the 4K?

I dunno. This is the first time I've remembered to look on the special 4K channel when a game was on. Not sure that Bama has had a 4K game broadcast, but the announcer said that the Auburn/Bears game is in 4K tonight on DirecTV, I think (might be Comcast). But I have Dish so just have to watch it in regular HD (I think that's 720p on ESPN), so there's about 5-6 times as many pixels on the 4K game.

The Northwestern/Indiana game looks quite a bit better in 4K, but you have to sorta look hard to see the increased detail (or at least I do).

Back to your question tho - I think those lights are going to become a PitA in a hurry. OK as a novelty for a time or two, but will become old in a hurry.

TUSK
11-02-2019, 07:21 PM
Back to your question tho - I think those lights are going to become a PitA in a hurry. OK as a novelty for a time or two, but will become old in a hurry.

Errbody in da club get tipsy!!!

RocketDawg
11-02-2019, 07:25 PM
Errbody in da club get tipsy!!!

Don't flashing red lights have a negative effect on some people? I can see them teetering and falling out of the club levels, or some of those stratospheric endzone seats. **

TUSK
11-02-2019, 07:30 PM
Don't flashing red lights have a negative effect on some people? I can see them teetering and falling out of the club levels, or some of those stratospheric endzone seats. **

I went to the Arkie game & triggered me lil bit....

stalkingpoon
11-02-2019, 09:37 PM
Several 4K games on Directv tonight. Just have to call and activate the channels.

Cooterpoot
11-03-2019, 08:06 AM
What’s 4K cost? $4K?