PDA

View Full Version : Quick Thoughts on Today's Game

ShotgunDawg
11-02-2019, 06:12 PM
Great day to be a Bulldog!

Super proud of the effort in today's game. Shows that there is still a bunch of pride in the program after all that's gone wrong.

There are still issues, but today isn't the day to share them. Just proud of the effort.

Good time for a bye week & a chance to finish strong.

My guess is that today's effort probably saves JoMo's job unless he's blown out in the Egg Bowl. Let's all hope that he starts getting buy in after today & this team take off.

Todd4State
11-02-2019, 06:16 PM
My best case scenario is still in play. 6-6 go to a bowl and Joe goes to Rutgers.

Hope it plays out like that. It’s going to come down to the Egg Bowl.

cheewgumm
11-02-2019, 06:16 PM
This could get him 2 more years, really. So everyone should just lay back and enjoy it.

cheewgumm
11-02-2019, 06:17 PM
6-6 this year, 6-6 next year and 6-6 the following year.

We can schedule 6-6.

Good win against a solid SEC West rival.

HoopsDawg
11-02-2019, 06:17 PM
This could get him 2 more years, really. So everyone should just lay back and enjoy it.

LOL. U r kidding right? A win over Arkansas gives him 2 more years? Umm, no.

Todd4State
11-02-2019, 06:29 PM

One year at the most unless he has a good 2020 and wins the Egg Bowl this year.

dawgday166
11-02-2019, 06:33 PM
Lol ... Gun you so bipolar.

MD2020
11-02-2019, 06:59 PM
How bad is this team that beating Arkansas is a morale booster? If Jomo gets anything other than a pink slip after this game someone should be fired.

Lord McBuckethead
11-02-2019, 07:42 PM
Look, say whatever you like, but our defense is different with Gay and Murphy in the game. Our offense is different with Stevens healthy and in the game.

msbulldog
11-02-2019, 07:50 PM
Always Positive! _+1

MarketingBully
11-02-2019, 07:50 PM
How bad is this team that beating Arkansas is a morale booster? If Jomo gets anything other than a pink slip after this game someone should be fired.

It’s a morale booster because we completely dominated the game. Some of you guys predicted we would lose this game. We now have 3 home games to finish the year and 2 of them are winnable. Win the games we should and we go 6-6. After all the shit that has happened this year I’ll be good with a lesser bowl.

msbulldog
11-02-2019, 07:56 PM
Look, say whatever you like, but our defense is different with Gay and Murphy in the game. Our offense is different with Stevens healthy and in the game.

Always Positive! You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Lord McBuckethead again.

msbulldog
11-02-2019, 07:58 PM
It’s a morale booster because we completely dominated the game. Some of you guys predicted we would lose this game. We now have 3 home games to finish the year and 2 of them are winnable. Win the games we should and we go 6-6. After all the shit that has happened this year I’ll be good with a lesser bowl.

Always Positive! +1

MaroonFlounder
11-02-2019, 08:37 PM
Always Positive! +1

This gal is working overtime tonight. LOL

Hambone
11-02-2019, 08:44 PM
At this point Shotguns posts are a damn crap shoot. Tomorrow he will start a damn thread about how the strength and conditioning coach at Whistledick U is a candidate for our head coaching position.....

Shit has gotten old.

ShotgunDawg
11-02-2019, 09:11 PM
At this point Shotguns posts are a damn crap shoot. Tomorrow he will start a damn thread about how the strength and conditioning coach at Whistledick U is a candidate for our head coaching position.....

Shit has gotten old.

Not really.

I don't think JoMo is very good & I stand by that, but I'm able to compartmentalize things & realize it's ok to say that today was a good day & that JoMo will likely keep his job now, but that I still don't think he's the right guy.

It's really not a crap shoot. My opinion hasn't changed, but, if he's going to stay, I hope he figures it out.

BeardoMSU
11-02-2019, 09:30 PM
My best case scenario is still in play. 6-6 go to a bowl and Joe goes to Rutgers.

Hope it plays out like that. It’s going to come down to the Egg Bowl.

This is my hope as well. He's not a great fit here, but I still want us to win games, and that would be about as painless a divorce we (and he) could hope for.

RiverCityDawg
11-03-2019, 08:04 AM
Not really.

I don't think JoMo is very good & I stand by that, but I'm able to compartmentalize things & realize it's ok to say that today was a good day & that JoMo will likely keep his job now, but that I still don't think he's the right guy.

It's really not a crap shoot. My opinion hasn't changed, but, if he's going to stay, I hope he figures it out.

This is where I am. I don't know that he's here beyond 2020, but this is the type of performance that helps keep him around beyond 2019. Not this game against a bad team alone, but beating a bad team like you should and doing it in a clean efficient manner with high offensive output. Again, it doesn't show me he's "the guy" but it shows me he hasn't lost the team and that we are still in really good position to win 6 and go to another bowl. If that happens we aren't going to fire him, so instead of wallowing in misery I'm going to just hope he figures it out while he's still here. This was a fun win, and I'm in this for fun and entertainment, so I'm going to enjoy it.

MetEdDawg
11-03-2019, 08:10 AM
This is where I am. I don't know that he's here beyond 2020, but this is the type of performance that helps keep him around beyond 2019. Not this game against a bad team alone, but beating a bad team like you should and doing it in a clean efficient manner with high offensive output. Again, it doesn't show me he's "the guy" but it shows me he hasn't lost the team and that we are still in really good position to win 6 and go to another bowl. If that happens we aren't going to fire him, so instead of wallowing in misery I'm going to just hope he figures it out while he's still here. This was a fun win, and I'm in this for fun and entertainment, so I'm going to enjoy it.

The not losing the team is the big one for me. No one saw 54 points from us yesterday. The in game narrative quickly changed to how bad Arkansas is and away from us executing at a high level. Both can be true and we can recognize that.

But a lot of folks keep saying things like "he's lost the locker room" and "the players aren't playing hard for Moorhead". Regardless of how bad Arkansas is, a 30 point road win in conference in exceedingly dominating fashion should show that the team hasn't quit on Moorhead. I would think yesterday we exceeded the expectations of 95% or more of this board.

R2Dawg
11-03-2019, 08:23 AM
The not losing the team is the big one for me. No one saw 54 points from us yesterday. The in game narrative quickly changed to how bad Arkansas is and away from us executing at a high level. Both can be true and we can recognize that.

But a lot of folks keep saying things like "he's lost the locker room" and "the players aren't playing hard for Moorhead". Regardless of how bad Arkansas is, a 30 point road win in conference in exceedingly dominating fashion should show that the team hasn't quit on Moorhead. I would think yesterday we exceeded the expectations of 95% or more of this board.

Agree. If Joe had lost the locker room completely we wouldn't have played like that yesterday. I think there is still some leadership among the team pushing guys. Chad Morris helped our cause as well with his bulletin board material last week guaranteeing a win. I know I would have used it in the pregame speech if I were coach.

TheLostDawg
11-03-2019, 08:30 AM
Agree. If Joe had lost the locker room completely we wouldn't have played like that yesterday. I think there is still some leadership among the team pushing guys. Chad Morris helped our cause as well with his bulletin board material last week guaranteeing a win. I know I would have used it in the pregame speech if I were coach.

Bulletin board material?