PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas=dumpster fire

TheLostDawg
11-02-2019, 04:56 PM
Whether Moorhead stays or goes, this shows how far ahead we are of Arkansas. What were they thinking playing us for their home coming?

StateDawg44
11-02-2019, 05:00 PM
Whether Moorhead stays or goes, this shows how far ahead we are of Arkansas. What were they thinking playing us for their home coming?

Who honestly cares about homecoming?

I?d bet the AR fan base would take a win no matter what day it falls on.

msstate7
11-02-2019, 05:04 PM
We did Arkansas a huge favor. They should go grab one of the guys we've been discussing now

MD2020
11-02-2019, 05:07 PM
We did Arkansas a huge favor. They should go grab one of the guys we've been discussing now

We should go grab one of the guys discussed.

msstate7
11-02-2019, 05:09 PM
We should go grab one of the guys discussed.

I agree, but I think we win 6 now, so oh well

MD2020
11-02-2019, 05:32 PM

No sir. I give him no credit for beating the 2 worst teams in the conference and a low tier ACU opponent.

Liverpooldawg
11-02-2019, 06:28 PM
They hired a guy who ran an offense about as far removed from the one they fired as you can get. That is a three year MINIMUM before results even begin to be seen.

defiantdog
11-02-2019, 06:37 PM
First optimism I?ve seen from you in a while..... 6 wins depends on if we can run the ball on OM

msstate7
11-02-2019, 06:41 PM
First optimism I?ve seen from you in a while..... 6 wins depends on if we can run the ball on OM

Win 5 = acu
Win 6 = Bama
Loss 6 = OM
Haha

TheLostDawg
11-02-2019, 06:51 PM
Who honestly cares about homecoming?

I?d bet the AR fan base would take a win no matter what day it falls on.

Because you don't play anyone you think you'll lose to on homecoming. It's a slap in the face. Well we might have been slapped in the face but spanked that as* in return

TrapGame
11-02-2019, 06:59 PM
No sir. I give him no credit for beating the 2 worst teams in the conference and a low tier ACU opponent.

I'm sure it will depend on if Joe has another job. He has to leave on his own if we finished 6-6. I mean if we have Urban Meyer on the phone ready to take the job then yeah, can his ass. But we know that ain't happening.

RocketDawg
11-02-2019, 07:15 PM
Because you don't play anyone you think you'll lose to on homecoming. It's a slap in the face. Well we might have been slapped in the face but spanked that as* in return

Didn't LSU play Florida for their homecoming?

KB21
11-02-2019, 08:58 PM
I’m a Joe detractor, but if you are going to blame him for the Kansas State and Tennessee games, then you have to give him credit for this game. Yes, Arkansas is bad. Yes, Mississippi State has had issues this year. With that said, this was a game that was dominated by Mississippi State, and it would have been a complete demolition of Arkansas if our special teams was worth a crap.

This was the first game all year that I feel like this team was ready to play at the start of the game, even with the false start and sack to start the game. They responded. They responded every time Arkansas tried to punch back. That actually shows a little mental toughness on their part.

Yes, Arkansas is bad, but we have some who want to give Mark Stoops all this credit for beating them 24-20 with a WR at QB but say that beating them 54-24 is no big deal. The only teams that have beaten them worse than us are Alabama and Auburn. Texas A&M only won 31-28.

This will still be a season that we look back on and believe that we should have gotten wins over Kansas State, Tennessee, and Texas A&M, and that Auburn game shouldn’t have been as bad as it was.

msstate7
11-02-2019, 09:03 PM
I’m a Joe detractor, but if you are going to blame him for the Kansas State and Tennessee games, then you have to give him credit for this game. Yes, Arkansas is bad. Yes, Mississippi State has had issues this year. With that said, this was a game that was dominated by Mississippi State, and it would have been a complete demolition of Arkansas if our special teams was worth a crap.

This was the first game all year that I feel like this team was ready to play at the start of the game, even with the false start and sack to start the game. They responded. They responded every time Arkansas tried to punch back. That actually shows a little mental toughness on their part.

Yes, Arkansas is bad, but we have some who want to give Mark Stoops all this credit for beating them 24-20 with a WR at QB but say that beating them 54-24 is no big deal. The only teams that have beaten them worse than us are Alabama and Auburn. Texas A&M only won 31-28.

This will still be a season that we look back on and believe that we should have gotten wins over Kansas State, Tennessee, and Texas A&M, and that Auburn game shouldn’t have been as bad as it was.

You gonna transitive property us over aTm after they blasted us last week?

PMDawg
11-02-2019, 09:19 PM

I see no way we beat Ole Miss.

msstate7
11-02-2019, 09:21 PM

Gonna be tough. I think home field helps us win a close one.

TrapGame
11-02-2019, 09:23 PM

That's gonna be a tough game. Joe better get them to write another letter the week of Thanksgiving.

PMDawg
11-02-2019, 09:23 PM

Their defense has a pulse. Joe can't score on defenses with a pulse.

Their strength is running the ball. We suck at run D.

It's not a good matchup.

Todd4State
11-02-2019, 09:29 PM

It?s valid because our fans do reverse transitive property on MSU after every game win or lose.

KB21
11-02-2019, 09:30 PM

It shouldn’t have been is what I’m saying. TAMU is not a good football team. Kellen Mond is a terrible SEC QB. We lost that game due to lack of preparation. If we played them like we played today, we beat them by 3 touchdowns.

Todd4State
11-02-2019, 09:30 PM

Stevens may help us in that one. Ole Miss is last in the SEC in pass defense.

msstate7
11-02-2019, 09:33 PM
It shouldn’t have been is what I’m saying. TAMU is not a good football team. Kellen Mond is a terrible SEC QB. We lost that game due to lack of preparation. If we played them like we played today, we beat them by 3 touchdowns.

Sigh... we can't be this dumb as a fanbase, right? We beat an awful ark team, and now we're 3 TDs better than a team that crushed us like we crushed ark and we'll beat om by 28. Jeez

msstate7
11-02-2019, 09:36 PM
Bama beat aTm by 19. Clemson beat them by 14. You just said we would beat them worse than 2 top 5 teams. Dude...

TrapGame
11-02-2019, 09:38 PM
Sigh... we can't be this dumb as a fanbase, right? We beat an awful ark team, and now we're 3 TDs better than a team that crushed us like we crushed ark and we'll beat om by 28. Jeez

I knew this was gonna happen. Beat an absolutely putrid Arkansas team and everything is right as rain now.

msstate7
11-02-2019, 09:39 PM
I knew this was gonna happen. Beat an absolutely putrid Arkansas team and everything is right as rain now.

There's either some really idiotic posters here or trolls

Jack Lambert
11-02-2019, 09:41 PM

This morning we were the worst team in the SEC.

msstate7
11-02-2019, 09:43 PM

#13 tonight though**

Really #11-12

dawgday166
11-02-2019, 09:47 PM

We were battling for worst. We lost and Arky won. We can't even win the title worst team in SEC ****

Spiderman
11-02-2019, 09:48 PM

Nope, Ole Miss with a healthy Plumlee will kill us

Spiderman
11-02-2019, 09:49 PM

It's not a good matchup.

yep

Saltydog
11-02-2019, 09:59 PM

It's not a good matchup.

This is it in a nutshell. Plus, the road team has won 4 in a row.

War Machine Dawg
11-02-2019, 10:06 PM
It shouldn?t have been is what I?m saying. TAMU is not a good football team. Kellen Mond is a terrible SEC QB. We lost that game due to lack of preparation. If we played them like we played today, we beat them by 3 touchdowns.

What you?re missing is no one believes we were any better prepared today. We just played against a team that much worse than we are.

R2Dawg
11-03-2019, 08:33 AM

It's not a good matchup.

Agree the matchup isn't good for us. Good thing we have Autry and Gay and Murphy back for that game. If our OL can open up holes like they can, we can win. If not we go 5-7.

CadaverDawg
11-03-2019, 08:57 AM
This thread is why John Cohen should have fired Joe a few weeks ago. Now it will make it harder on him to do the right thing, because the dumb portion of the fan base will think he's fixed everything after we beat a cupcake like Arkansas. John could have avoided all of this crap, and Joe would have no chance at saving his job vs Ole Miss, IF he had made the call even a week ago.

Now it will come down to whether we hang with Ole Miss or they blow us out whether he keeps his job. I don't think we're beating Ole Miss, but the fact that a potential win could force us in to keeping Joe is pitiful.

MD2020
11-03-2019, 09:07 AM

Don't worry Bama will bring everything back into perspective.

timotheus
11-03-2019, 09:14 AM
This thread is why John Cohen should have fired Joe a few weeks ago. Now it will make it harder on him to do the right thing, because the dumb portion of the fan base will think he's fixed everything after we beat a cupcake like Arkansas. John could have avoided all of this crap, and Joe would have no chance at saving his job vs Ole Miss, IF he had made the call even a week ago.

Now it will come down to whether we hang with Ole Miss or they blow us out whether he keeps his job. I don't think we're beating Ole Miss, but the fact that a potential win could force us in to keeping Joe is pitiful.
THIS!!!

OLJWales
11-03-2019, 11:42 AM

We've come a long way thanks to Mullen but very few programs have the leverage to fire their coach in the middle of their 2nd season. Just wouldn't pass the smell test with us now and would most likely exasperate our problems and make the next hire more difficult. JWS did it before too but his regime is getting further back in the mirror. I'm just thankful that we have progressed to the point where we no longer have to give a poor coach "more time" to "build something".

TrapGame
11-03-2019, 11:51 AM

I still think Rutgers is in play for Joe. He is well known and well liked in those parts. There's a lot of conjecture about Cohen bringing Joe back next season but there's another angle we need to think about. Does Joe want to be here next year? I think if the Joe to Rutgers rumors start heating up around Egg Bowl time there will be some meat to them.