PDA

View Full Version : Paul Finebaum just now

Dawgology
11-02-2019, 09:53 AM
Hinting that Bill Clark will be head coach in the SEC soon.

TrapGame
11-02-2019, 09:58 AM
Yeah, rumor on MSU FB page says we have been talking to Clark and it's looking really good on both sides. Take it for what it's worth. It's intriguing though.

Cooterpoot
11-02-2019, 10:04 AM
UAB is 6-1. The teams they’ve beaten have won 2 games this year according to the SEC Network. I’d be done if we hired Clark.

msstate7
11-02-2019, 10:05 AM
UAB is 6-1. The teams they’ve beaten have won 2 games this year according to the SEC Network. I’d be done if we hired Clark.

It's not a whole lot better, but that record is incorrect

Dawgfan77
11-02-2019, 10:07 AM
I?d much rather have Napier or Norvell but Clark has done a tremendous job at UAB.

Cooterpoot
11-02-2019, 10:07 AM
It's not a whole lot better, but that record is incorrect

That’s the graphic the SEC Network showed. I didn’t look it up. Either way, horrible. We hire a CUSA coach Cohen should be fired.

MetEdDawg
11-02-2019, 10:11 AM
They have a big game today against Tennessee. Competence against an SEC opponent on the road would validate him as a possibly legitimate candidate. And one thing that might help us is that we might be the only SEC team looking for a HC

Luke at OM is the only one in our division with a chance. Guess Muschamp could be gone and Mark Stoops to FSU is picking up rumor steam. Maybe Mason? But our job could potentially be the only one open in the conference.

Might give us the opportunity to have a better candidate pool. But Clark doing well today could thrust him into the lead spot.

Really Clark?
11-02-2019, 10:18 AM

They beat what? 4, 5, 6 teams with winning records last year? North Texas with Littrell as a hot coaching name and Harrell as OC. Beat Middle Tenn St in championship game after losing to them. Beat No Ill in bowl game. If was his only first year I would agree with you but he does have a track record of beating winning teams.

Not saying he would be my first choice but he is a HC who has done really well with his circumstances at UAB. He will be a P5 coach either this year or next, most likely.

Cooterpoot
11-02-2019, 10:18 AM
I predict TN handles UAB fairly easily. TN still isn’t worth a crap though.

Cooterpoot
11-02-2019, 10:19 AM
They beat what? 4, 5, 6 teams with winning records last year? North Texas with Littrell as a hot coaching name and Harrell as OC. Beat Middle Tenn St in championship game after losing to them. Beat No Ill in bowl game. If was his only first year I would agree with you but he does have a track record of beating winning teams.

Not saying he would be my first choice but he is a HC who has done really well with his circumstances at UAB. He will be a P5 coach either this year or next, most likely.

Who he beat in P5 conferences?

CoachT14
11-02-2019, 10:19 AM
I?d be done if we hired Clark.

Why?

I like him. He's definitely on my list of interviews. Quite a few positives, with minimal negatives about Clark.
POSITIVES:
1. The guy is a winner and has won every where he's been. (41-19 record in college, 106-11 in high school)
2. He's loyal, stayed with UAB despite the program being dismantled. (Then proceeds to win 8 games with a makeshift team)
3. He's 51, so not too young to be a complete question mark, but old enough to be seasoned and probably the last place he could end up.
4. He's able to do more with less, which is what we need here.
5. His teams move the ball fairly well despite him being a defensive guy.
NEGATIVES:
1. He's never coached bigger than C-USA, so not sure how he would recruit in the SEC.

Hey, let's not forget, if he whens today.... he will do something Slomo can't, beat Tennessee and Jeremy Pruitt.

TrapGame
11-02-2019, 10:21 AM
Reading the tea leaves I think Norvell and Clark are both lobbying hard for Joe's job.

AROB44
11-02-2019, 10:21 AM
Would be a very underwhelming hire to me.

Really Clark?
11-02-2019, 10:23 AM
Who he beat in P5 conferences?

Well you don’t like Norvell either even though he beat UNM. And AAC is a step above CUSA In talent level. They played us really well in 2014. Loom I’m not fully shooting for him. But we could do a lot worse and there are plenty of indications that he has a good of a chance to successful at P5 than any of the others. I have several others I would have the mix. Including a FCS guy who deserves a strong look but doesn’t check the SEC box but has a really good coaching tree under Myer and Whittingham. But no ties. I like Fickell if his year finishes strong but just 3 years on the job...I don’t think there is a coach who checks all boxes.

Cooterpoot
11-02-2019, 10:25 AM
Give me Norvell over Clark. But the take that UAB does more is less is also false. They now have one of the largest budgets in CUSA. They increased their budget last year to move to the top.

Cooterpoot
11-02-2019, 10:26 AM
Well you don’t like Norvell either even though he beat UNM. And AAC is a step above CUSA In talent level. They played us really well in 2014 and

OM has won 3 games and Plumlee didn’t play that game.

confucius say
11-02-2019, 10:30 AM
I predict TN handles UAB fairly easily. TN still isn?t worth a crap though.

I think so too. 10-14 point win.

Really Clark?
11-02-2019, 10:33 AM
OM has won 3 games and Plumlee didn’t play that game.

Does it change that he beat a P5 team? No.

Look you can crap on every guy brought up all you want (you are pretty consistent on that), chances are there is not a coach we could actually get you will like. Obviously I have several guys I would contact above Clark and Napier but realistically he is definitely on the list and I do think he could be very successful at the right place. The biggest positive is he would stabilize our program and we could just be a minor reset and not a new rebuild. I think there are others who could do the same.

Jay Hill at Weber St is very interesting to me.

Cooterpoot
11-02-2019, 10:33 AM
Well you don?t like Norvell either even though he beat UNM. And AAC is a step above CUSA In talent level. They played us really well in 2014. Loom I?m not fully shooting for him. But we could do a lot worse and there are plenty of indications that he has a good of a chance to successful at P5 than any of the others. I have several others I would have the mix. Including a FCS guy who deserves a strong look but doesn?t check the SEC box but has a really good coaching tree under Myer and Whittingham. But no ties. I like Fickell if his year finishes strong but just 3 years on the job...I don?t think there is a coach who checks all boxes.

I agree. There?s no one that?s checking all the boxes. But give me a good resume first & wins over P5 schools second. I think Clark is the lower end of my list because he?s got a weak resume.

KB21
11-02-2019, 10:37 AM
That’s the graphic the SEC Network showed. I didn’t look it up. Either way, horrible. We hire a CUSA coach Cohen should be fired.

Well, if a change is made, it's going to be either a G5 coach or a P5 assistant. I highly doubt you see a P5 head coach take the job. I have questions about Clark, but I'm not sure what makes him a worse candidate than Mike Norvell or Billy Napier.

Really Clark?
11-02-2019, 10:38 AM
I agree. There?s no one that?s checking all the boxes. But give me a good resume first & wins over P5 schools second. I think Clark is the lower end of my list because he?s got a weak resume.

I get what you want but how many are there with P5 wins? I doubt you like Shawn Elliot at GA St but they beat Tenn and are 6-2 and beat App St.

ckDOG
11-02-2019, 10:50 AM
What is his offense philosophy?

Norvell and Napier are my 1a and 1b with a slight nod to Napier for style of offense and him recruiting LA very well.

MaroonFlounder
11-02-2019, 10:56 AM
Yeah, rumor on MSU FB page says we have been talking to Clark and it's looking really good on both sides. Take it for what it's worth. It's intriguing though.

9 mil buyout for Clark. Who's gonna pony up?

MD2020
11-02-2019, 10:56 AM
If we get Clark we're on the right track. He's a hard nosed coach that finds ways to win.

CoachT14
11-02-2019, 10:57 AM
But the take that UAB does more is less is also false. They now have one of the largest budgets in CUSA. .

Largest budgets in the C-USA and now that's the line for not doing more with less? You're just grasping at straws now to explain your horrible take.

Let's talk about winning 11 games, 8 games, and currently 6-1 with an average recruiting ranking of 90. That's doing more with less.

Dawgfan77
11-02-2019, 10:58 AM

I don?t know why this keeps being brought up

Really Clark?
11-02-2019, 11:01 AM

I don’t know why that keeps getting put out there but that is not correct. His buyout for being fired is $7 MIL but a buyout for leaving is unknown but it not higher than that (probably about half???) and not higher than his total salary. That $9 MIL is incorrect

MarketingBully
11-02-2019, 11:01 AM

Please let this be true!!!

viverlibre
11-02-2019, 11:03 AM
1. JoMo will be back for 2020
2. If Gus gets fired (after the 2020 season), get on the Gus bus!

HoopsDawg
11-02-2019, 11:07 AM
I agree. Ther e?s no one that?s checking all the boxes. But give me a good resume first & wins over P5 schools second. I think Clark is the lower end of my list because he?s got a weak resume.

No one knows for sure if Bill Clark would be successful at MSU. I can say for sure that he's a much better fit than JoMo. And he's much more prepared for our job than JoMo was with his 2 years as OC at Penn State. Bill Clark can coach. I think he will be able to recruit. He's already shown he's not afraid of hitting the Juco market which is critical at MSU.

dantheman4248
11-02-2019, 11:10 AM
I get what you want but how many are there with P5 wins? I doubt you like Shawn Elliot at GA St but they beat Tenn and are 6-2 and beat App St.

Georgia Southern beat App State. Not Georgia State

Dawgology
11-02-2019, 11:11 AM

This. Is. Not. Correct. Hadad. Was. Wrong. ****!!

MaroonFlounder
11-02-2019, 11:14 AM
I don?t know why this keeps being brought up

I stand corrected.

Let's go get him then.

Really Clark?
11-02-2019, 11:15 AM
Georgia Southern beat App State. Not Georgia State

Good grief. You are right, brain fart with those 2 teams

Cooterpoot
11-02-2019, 11:15 AM

GA ST beat APP? GA Southern beat APP. We aren?t hiring a wish/flexbone guy IMO. GA St was ready to cut bait with their coach until he beat TN. He’s got a decent resume if I’m not confusing him with someone else. I’m like you, they run together these days.

Cooterpoot
11-02-2019, 11:17 AM
No one knows for sure if Bill Clark would be successful at MSU. I can say for sure that he's a much better fit than JoMo. And he's much more prepared for our job than JoMo was with his 2 years as OC at Penn State. Bill Clark can coach. I think he will be able to recruit. He's already shown he's not afraid of hitting the Juco market which is critical at MSU.

I don’t buy the “fit” argument. If a coach wins, he fits. Winning=fitting.
I agree he can’t be worse. Disagree with the Juco take. Juco is a far more selective situation than it used to be and the talent is very thin there now.

Really Clark?
11-02-2019, 11:18 AM
GA ST beat APP? GA Southern beat APP. We aren?t hiring a wish/flexbone guy IMO.

I already admitted to wrong team. They still beat Tenn

HoopsDawg
11-02-2019, 11:22 AM
I agree he can’t be worse. Disagree with the Juco take. Juco is a far more selective situation than it used to be and the talent is very thin there now.

Wait, you disagree that Juco recruiting is important at MSU? Ok, end of me debating with you then.

Cooterpoot
11-02-2019, 11:25 AM
My take in Clark:

1. Proven HC at a low level
2. Had a good team before AL tore down the program.
3. Weak resume
4. Defensive guy, would need to make great hires at the offensive coordinator spot
5. No proof of quality HS recruiting
6. Intangibles of just winning and running a tough program

Todd4State
11-02-2019, 11:25 AM

You don’t think Moorhead is a bad fit?

Give us a candidate since all of the others are clearly inferior.

Cooterpoot
11-02-2019, 11:27 AM
Wait, you disagree that Juco recruiting is important at MSU? Ok, end of me debating with you then.

Name the great jucos the last five years that weren?t P5 transfers. Rankin? Almost all the impact Juco guys are P5 transfers now. You’re missing my point. Straight Juco talent is extremely limited. It’s not 1990 anymore. They’re qualifying now.

HoopsDawg
11-02-2019, 11:28 AM
Name the great jucos the last five years that weren?t P5 transfers. Rankin? Almost all the impact Juco guys are P5 transfers now.

What does that matter? They still came from Juco!! LOL

Todd4State
Norvell should be our pick over Clark. Clark to me is the “know your place MSU” pick.

dantheman4248
Name the great jucos the last five years that weren?t P5 transfers. Rankin? Almost all the impact Juco guys are P5 transfers now. You’re missing my point. Straight Juco talent is extremely limited. It’s not 1990 anymore. They’re qualifying now.

What does that matter how they got to juco? We got Abram Sweat and co to come here.

Todd4State
11-02-2019, 11:30 AM
And to be honest I like Sonny Dykes even better than Norvell. We’ll see if that ages we’ll after tonight.

Cooterpoot
11-02-2019, 11:31 AM
What does that matter? They still came from Juco!! LOL

No, they came from P5 programs and bought time to find another P5 spot. There’s no scouting and wondering with those guys much. We’re got a couple this round. And people are losing it over Juco recruiting. Even guys we place are fewer than they used to be. We’ve got Heath coming next round. It similar to the portal these days.

MoreCowbell
11-02-2019, 11:32 AM
Coaches that fans and media thought were good hires:
Joe Moorhead
Chad Morris
Bret Beilema
Muschamp(Florida)
Kevin Sumlin
Derek Mason
Butch Jones

Coaches that fans and media thought were questionable/bad hires:
Barry Odom
Mark Stoops
Ed Orgeron
Jeremy Pruitt(team getting better)
Gene Chizik(won national championship)
Lane Kiffin(Tennessee)
Dan Mullen(Florida, at least the fans didn’t like it at the time)

It really is a crapshoot...

Todd4State
11-02-2019, 11:33 AM
No, they came from P5 programs and bought time to find another P5 spot. There’s no scouting and wondering with those guys much. We’re got a couple this round. And people are losing it over Juco recruiting. Even guys we place are fewer than they used to be. We’ve got Heath coming next round. It similar to the portal these days.

Heath was an Under Armour All American who was screwed over by JPS. Losing him has hurt the past two years.

Cooterpoot
11-02-2019, 11:35 AM
Heath was an Under Armour All American who was screwed over by JPS. Losing him has hurt the past two years.

Missing on Abram hurt us before he arrived. He was one of the best players in MS his Sr year. I said he was too 3 but caught grief on TOB.

HoopsDawg
11-02-2019, 11:38 AM

Ok buddy. You still have to recruit and sign them out of Juco. Sweat, Rivers, Abram, and Cole were all excellent signees. Other guys, who weren't power 5 transfers like Sharp, Landrews, Rankin, Autry, Champion and Jordan Thomas were all contributing players.

Lord McBuckethead
11-02-2019, 11:40 AM
UAB is 6-1. The teams they?ve beaten have won 2 games this year according to the SEC Network. I?d be done if we hired Clark.

Hmm. Their competition has won a total of 14 games. Only one has a winning record.

Cooterpoot
11-02-2019, 11:41 AM
Ok buddy. You still have to recruit and sign them out of Juco. Sweat, Rivers, Abram, and Cole were all excellent signees. Other guys, who weren't power 5 transfers like Sharp, Landrews, Rankin, Autry, Champion and Jordan Thomas were all contributing players.
Again, you’re missing my point. I’m not saying we don’t need to get those guys. I’m saying this isn’t a Jackie Sherrill era program situation. We aren’t going to build teams with jucos. That class was very unusual. That type talent won’t be available very often.

DownwardDawg
11-02-2019, 11:57 AM
And to be honest I like Sonny Dykes even better than Norvell. We’ll see if that ages we’ll after tonight.

Norvell scares me. Does he know that you are allowed to play defense?
I like Napier as my #1. Clark is ahead of Norvell on my list.

CoachT14
11-02-2019, 12:03 PM

I feel like Dykes would be a disaster hire, but I could be wrong. He's definitely a great offensive mind. His defenses are usually bad to below average, his one big time spot was Cal and it was 1 winning season in 4 years. I don't want to let his current 8-0 inflate my perception of him. If he can do that consistently then maybe so. Too early for me personally.

msstate7
11-02-2019, 12:09 PM
Hmm. Their competition has won a total of 14 games. Only one has a winning record.
So we beats who we should beat? That would've been nice the last 2 years

HailStateSZN19
11-02-2019, 12:16 PM
Is there any actual legitimacy to the rumors or is it just that, a rumor at this point? I would be fine with hiring Clark but he wouldn’t be my #1 choice. Idk, he just doesn’t excite me all too much. Can’t dismiss what he’s done at UAB after the program shutting down but I’d go after Napier and Norvell before him and maybe a few others but I wouldn’t hate on hiring Clark at all.

defiantdog
11-02-2019, 12:17 PM

6-1 for a team that didn?t exist 2 years ago is pretty good no matter how you look at it.

dantheman4248
11-02-2019, 12:22 PM

Imagine just 3 losses during these past two seasons or less. What could’ve have been.

dawgday166
11-02-2019, 12:26 PM
UAB is 6-1. The teams they?ve beaten have won 2 games this year according to the SEC Network. I?d be done if we hired Clark.

I think I'm agreeing with you. Very short track record for Clark.

No chance at Clawson? I'm watching WF tear up NC State and according to 247 team talent rankings ... WF is 66th.

msstate7
11-02-2019, 12:29 PM
I think I'm agreeing with you. Very short track record for Clark.

No chance at Clawson? I'm watching WF tear up NC State and according to 247 team talent rankings ... WF is 66th.

If FSU has any sense, they go after these 3...

1. Urban (doutful)
2. Bob stoops (doubtful)
3. Clawson

Clawson would be lethal on offense with upper level talent

Todd4State
11-02-2019, 12:37 PM
Is there any actual legitimacy to the rumors or is it just that, a rumor at this point? I would be fine with hiring Clark but he wouldn’t be my #1 choice. Idk, he just doesn’t excite me all too much. Can’t dismiss what he’s done at UAB after the program shutting down but I’d go after Napier and Norvell before him and maybe a few others but I wouldn’t hate on hiring Clark at all.

They’re just rumors but the rumors are the wheels are turning.

dawgday166
11-02-2019, 12:37 PM
If FSU has any sense, they go after these 3...

1. Urban (doutful)
2. Bob stoops (doubtful)
3. Clawson

Clawson would be lethal on offense with upper level talent

Well ... we're 23th in talent. Now those rankings are subjective but still ... he looking good with 66th ranked talent. Seems like he could do pretty good with 23rd ranked talent. His Oline is blocking at least.

ETA: Just seems that he doing more with a lot less ... just like we need in a coach.

Todd4State
11-02-2019, 12:38 PM
I feel like Dykes would be a disaster hire, but I could be wrong. He's definitely a great offensive mind. His defenses are usually bad to below average, his one big time spot was Cal and it was 1 winning season in 4 years. I don't want to let his current 8-0 inflate my perception of him. If he can do that consistently then maybe so. Too early for me personally.

His defense is better this year. I’m not worried about his time at Cal where he wasn’t a fit. Napier would be really good too.

MarketingBully
11-02-2019, 12:44 PM

Clark would make us a solid 8-9 win team with chances at 10 win seasons. Basically a Mullen who isn?t looking to move on every year. He has loyalty and is a hell of a coach. He?s our guy and if we don?t get him someone in the West will and we will fall below the team who gets him.

Dawgology
11-02-2019, 01:29 PM
Clark would make us a solid 8-9 win team with chances at 10 win seasons. Basically a Mullen who isn?t looking to move on every year. He has loyalty and is a hell of a coach. He?s our guy and if we don?t get him someone in the West will and we will fall below the team who gets him.

This! And if you open the pocket book for him and hire some high end OC and DC then you just might strike gold.

Dawgology
11-02-2019, 01:31 PM
Clark strikes me as what a HC needs to be. A leader. You don’t need a defensive guru or offensive savant as HC. You need a LEADER and motivator.

msstate7
11-02-2019, 01:38 PM
Well ... we're 23th in talent. Now those rankings are subjective but still ... he looking good with 66th ranked talent. Seems like he could do pretty good with 23rd ranked talent. His Oline is blocking at least.

ETA: Just seems that he doing more with a lot less ... just like we need in a coach.

Your ETA is exactly what I like to look for in a new coach. Mullen worked out, but I like to find guys that aren't operating with a huge talent advantage

dantheman4248
11-02-2019, 01:40 PM
This! And if you open the pocket book for him and hire some high end OC and DC then you just might strike gold.

Clark with Brady and Shoop would be well within our budget and a top notch staff. Get a good S&C and everyone is suddenly excited for MSU 2020.

Dawgfan77
11-02-2019, 01:48 PM
Clark with Brady and Shoop would be well within our budget and a top notch staff. Get a good S&C and everyone is suddenly excited for MSU 2020.
Please no to Brady. I?d rather just hire the OC UAB has. Set records last year there

PCHSDawg
11-02-2019, 01:52 PM
Well ... we're 23th in talent.
Trying to pronounce 23th...;)

Lord McBuckethead
11-02-2019, 01:57 PM
6-1 for a team that didn?t exist 2 years ago is pretty good no matter how you look at it.

That is true.

Lord McBuckethead
11-02-2019, 01:58 PM

That is true.

MD2020
11-02-2019, 02:03 PM

Too funny!

DeltaChicagoDog
11-02-2019, 02:19 PM
‘Clark would make us a solid 8-9 win team with chances at 10 win seasons. Basically a Mullen who isn?t looking to move on every year. He has loyalty and is a hell of a coach. He?s our guy and if we don?t get him someone in the West will and we will fall below the team who gets him.’

Bing-17in-O!

All the Clawson love I don’t get. He seems like a great coach for the Fordham’s and Wake Forest’s, but is he a good fit for MSU/SEC? Well, we’re in the midst of that experiment right now with Joe and flailing as a program.

TheLostDawg
11-02-2019, 02:24 PM

This

was21
11-02-2019, 02:30 PM
Finebaum gets on my nerves and always has but he is unusually accurate in his coaching carousel predictions...he has inside contacts no doubt

MD2020
11-02-2019, 02:33 PM
Clark strikes me as what a HC needs to be. A leader. You don’t need a defensive guru or offensive savant as HC. You need a LEADER and motivator.

Amen! He's taken less and turned them into winners.

Cooterpoot
11-02-2019, 02:33 PM

Shoop isn’t coming back. Brady isn’t coming to State.

Cooterpoot
11-02-2019, 02:34 PM
‘Clark would make us a solid 8-9 win team with chances at 10 win seasons. Basically a Mullen who isn?t looking to move on every year. He has loyalty and is a hell of a coach. He?s our guy and if we don?t get him someone in the West will and we will fall below the team who gets him.’

Bing-17in-O!

All the Clawson love I don’t get. He seems like a great coach for the Fordham’s and Wake Forest’s, but is he a good fit for MSU/SEC? Well, we’re in the midst of that experiment right now with Joe and flailing as a program.

He’s actually beating real teams. More than Clark is doing.

MD2020
11-02-2019, 02:35 PM
I'm just hopeful we're the SEC team Paul is referencing.

HoopsDawg
11-02-2019, 02:39 PM
He’s actually beating real teams. More than Clark is doing.

do you not understand that it's all relative? Clark isn't beating CUSA teams with SEC talent. He's beating the shit out of teams on the same level as his school.

RocketDawg
11-02-2019, 02:47 PM
He's from the same part of Alabama that Jeremy Pruitt is from. I wonder if he knows what asparagus is, and does he speak English any better than Pruitt?

RocketDawg
11-02-2019, 02:49 PM

Twenty-thirth.

HoopsDawg
11-02-2019, 02:53 PM
He's from the same part of Alabama that Jeremy Pruitt is from. I wonder if he knows what asparagus is, and does he speak English any better than Pruitt?

He's country, but so is MSU. He seems more intelligent than Pruitt.

CoachT14
11-02-2019, 02:54 PM
do you not understand that it's all relative? Clark isn't beating CUSA teams with SEC talent. He's beating the shit out of teams on the same level as his school.

Shhhhhhhh. Don't post any facts or relative information. Clark sucks bro. *****

ILOATHEBears
11-02-2019, 02:54 PM
I don?t know why that keeps getting put out there but that is not correct. His buyout for being fired is $7 MIL but a buyout for leaving is unknown but it not higher than that (probably about half???) and not higher than his total salary. That $9 MIL is incorrect

Actually the JOMO buyout is in the $4 million range

Really Clark?
11-02-2019, 02:56 PM
Actually the JOMO buyout is in the $4 million range

They were talking about Bill Clark’s. JoMo is less than $2 MIL if hired away and supposedly $9 MIL+ if fired

dawgday166
11-02-2019, 03:02 PM
Shoop isn?t coming back. Brady isn?t coming to State.

Are you sure about Shoop?

TheLostDawg
11-02-2019, 03:56 PM
Shoop isn?t coming back. Brady isn?t coming to State.

All these missed tackles makes me not so upset if this is true. I want Grantham but he's probably not coming back either.

Mobile Bay
11-02-2019, 04:04 PM
They have a big game today against Tennessee. Competence against an SEC opponent on the road would validate him as a possibly legitimate candidate. And one thing that might help us is that we might be the only SEC team looking for a HC

Luke at OM is the only one in our division with a chance. Guess Muschamp could be gone and Mark Stoops to FSU is picking up rumor steam. Maybe Mason? But our job could potentially be the only one open in the conference.

Might give us the opportunity to have a better candidate pool. But Clark doing well today could thrust him into the lead spot.

Muschamp beat Georgia in Athens. His job is secure.