PDA

View Full Version : Hacker ends the Mullen buyout confusion

Coach34
10-27-2013, 10:43 PM
Nice work Hacker:

"Mullen?s contract with Mississippi State now runs through the 2014 season and his buyout if any school wishes to hire him away from Starkville is set at $1.4 million (an increase from this seasons? $750,000 figure)."

http://sdnmsu.wordpress.com/2010/12/...-new-contract/

We would have to pay Mullen about 5-6MM to fire him- not gonna happen.

Extension coming and Mullen is here for sure in 2014.

Will James
10-27-2013, 10:45 PM
The question is why extend him?

Political Hack
10-27-2013, 10:50 PM
the buyout $ won't be an issue, but if re-upping the contract increases the buy out the people paying it will likely tell Strick to kiss off for wasting their money. Regardless, until it's signed and the details are announced there's really not any easy way to know the implications... but I don't think Salter wouldve told VZ that if it wasn't close to happening.

Dawgface
10-27-2013, 10:53 PM
Maybe so, but I still say BS to this. Thanksgiving is just around the corner. I bet they wait until then.

hacker
10-27-2013, 10:55 PM
the buyout $ won't be an issue, but if re-upping the contract increases the buy out the people paying it will likely tell Strick to kiss off for wasting their money.

This would be really dumb. I usually don't get into AD discussions, but if we extend Mullen then fire him and have to pay him more buyout money, then Stricklin needs to go on principle.

Regardless, I think the Hud crowd needs to temper their expectations.

Coach34
10-27-2013, 11:01 PM

The Hud crowd can stop- it's over

CadaverDawg
This would be really dumb. I usually don't get into AD discussions, but if we extend Mullen then fire him and have to pay him more buyout money, then Stricklin needs to go on principle.

That's the thing...I think the Hud crowd (meaning myself included), doesn't have expectations of it actually happening. We just feel like it should happen. But since all of us are long time State fans, it's kinda like knowing we're going to get our shit kicked in next weekend....we all want to win, but we damn sure aren't expecting it.

CadaverDawg
The Hud crowd can stop- it's over

0% chance, eh?**

It ain't over til it happens. Hasn't happened yet.

engie
10-27-2013, 11:02 PM

That is exactly what he just said, is it not?

hacker
10-27-2013, 11:12 PM
That is exactly what he just said, is it not?

Um, sure. I was agreeing and saying that he should go on principle. What's your problem? I wasn't aware that agreeing with someone was wrong.

engie
10-27-2013, 11:40 PM
Um, sure. I was agreeing and saying that he should go on principle. What's your problem? I wasn't aware that agreeing with someone was wrong.

How does asking a question for clarity on another question imply that "agreeing with someone was wrong"?

hacker
10-27-2013, 11:55 PM
How does asking a question for clarity on another question imply that "agreeing with someone was wrong"?

You saying that I said "exactly" the same thing as hack comes across as extremely dickish. If you actually needed clarity instead of trying to be a dick (how many ways can what I said be taken?), it seems you would've phrased it differently.

cheewgumm
10-27-2013, 11:57 PM
I'm wondering what it will take to turn our fans?

For me, if we beat sc, a& m and ole miss, I'll have more faith on Mullen.

Prolly just sc or am then beat ole miss and id let up some, though still would mot be convinced. If we only beat Arkansas, I'll be in the same boat hat I'm in and that is where I think we're headed.

For the Mullen defenders, lets hear what would make u start to lose hope or think a new direction is needed.

engie
10-28-2013, 12:22 AM
You saying that I said "exactly" the same thing as hack comes across as extremely dickish. If you actually needed clarity instead of trying to be a dick (how many ways can what I said be taken?), it seems you would've phrased it differently.

You are projecting on that...presumably because I think a midseason extension is the most asinine thing I've ever heard of and said as much in the other thread. I did not mean anything by my question here.

engie
10-28-2013, 12:27 AM
I'm wondering what it will take to turn our fans?

Prolly just sc or am then beat ole miss and id let up some, though still would mot be convinced. If we only beat Arkansas, I'll be in the same boat hat I'm in and that is where I think we're headed.

For the Mullen defenders, lets hear what would make u start to lose hope or think a new direction is needed.

He gets to 7-5(IDGAF how he does it since it obviously includes 2 "signature" wins) and puts together a solid end to recruiting that results in us being top 25 in average star ratings(naturally for this to be possible, we won't be having another flipmas). I want to see relentless effort too -- but getting to 7-5 with what we're facing basically means we're getting it.

Give me those two -- and I'll call myself an idiot for doubting him.

cheewgumm
10-28-2013, 12:34 AM
I get your point, but not an idiot. There is plenty of history to judge it all by. I hope he finds a way but don't see it.

He gets to 7-5(IDGAF how he does it since it obviously includes 2 "signature" wins) and puts together a solid end to recruiting that results in us being top 25 in average star ratings(naturally for this to be possible, we won't be having another flipmas). I want to see relentless effort too -- but getting to 7-5 with what we're facing basically means we're getting it.

Coach 57
10-28-2013, 06:15 AM
I will be fine if he goes 6-6. As long as one if those is against UM.

Schultzy
10-28-2013, 08:26 AM
Anyone not ok with 6-6 going forward this season is just not being reasonable.

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-28-2013, 08:33 AM

Does Mullen have a good shot with any other legit recruits other than Cory Thomas?

NewTweederEndzoneDance
10-28-2013, 08:51 AM

So, in order for you to feel good, we need to go out and beat what will likely be 3 teams ranked in the top 25 (a couple maybe in the top 15), 2 of which will be on the road in their stadium? Holy shitballs. You live in some alternate reality.

Coach34
10-28-2013, 08:57 AM
So, in order for you to feel good, we need to go out and beat what will likely be 3 teams ranked in the top 25 (a couple maybe in the top 15), 2 of which will be on the road in their stadium? Holy shitballs. You live in some alternate reality.

The only underdogs to win on the road in the SEC this season have been Mizzou@Georgia with all Georgia's players hurt and then SC winning as a 3 pt dog against Mizzou Saturday. Lastly, Auburn winning @ A&M

Irondawg
10-28-2013, 09:00 AM
I continue to withold judgement - we all thought Croom would for sure be given another year despite the rumblings until the humiliating defeat in the Egg Bowl. We will just see how it plays out. The flip side is MSU might not have to do anything. Mullen may feel the heat and even if we go 6-6 decide to see if he wants a fresh start somewhere. There are lots of directions this one could go. Personally I'd just prefer to beat SC, beat ARK and beat OM and go 7-5 and keep everyone happy.

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-28-2013, 09:31 AM
We'll beat Arkansas. USC will be a close loss and Ole Miss will be a 14-21 point loss.

Jacksondevildog
10-28-2013, 09:34 AM
Maybe a JUCO or two. We have a very large lead with Thomas. Since then, we have been rumored to be in second behind Tennessee. Paul Jones still feels pretty good about Thomas and Paul usually doesn't make positive comment without having good sources.
Does Mullen have a good shot with any other legit recruits other than Cory Thomas?

Coach34
10-28-2013, 09:35 AM
Ole Miss will be a 14-21 point loss.

Ho-leeeee-shit

Aint no damn way. Not at DWS

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-28-2013, 09:40 AM
So you're predicting a close loss?

CadaverDawg
10-28-2013, 09:45 AM
Anyone not ok with 6-6 going forward this season is just not being reasonable.

Bullshit.

Had he beaten anybody with a pulse the last 2-3 years...maybe so. But I don't believe it is unreasonable in year 5 to say, beat somebody worth a damn, or get out.

Honestly though, my determination will be more based on what I see on the field, than the wins and losses. If we compete for 4 quarters in all of our remaining games and beat Ark and OM, I will be ok with keeping Dan. However, if we get beat by an average of 17-20 points over the next 3 weeks, I don't give a shit if he beats Ark and OM...I'm done with him.

Show me wins or AT LEAST show me a close game with tons of effort against a good team. If you Mullen guys don't at least expect that at this point, I question your motives.

Maroonthirteen
10-28-2013, 09:48 AM
I have every Tom Dick Harry Johnny Reb asking me if we are firing Mullen this season. Which is a ridiculous question. But it goes to show that they are spreading the propoganda around their camp just in time for Rebel shopping season.