PDA

View Full Version : Basketball preseason

TheLostDawg
11-01-2019, 04:41 PM
Sports Illustrated: Ranking Every Team in College Basketball, From Michigan State (No. 1) to UMES (No. 353).
https://www.si.com/college/2019/11/01/ncaa-basketball-rankings-every-team-duke-kentucky

Is there something that I don't know. I thought we'd be ranked a lot higher. I know preseason doesn't mean much but..

MarketingBully
11-01-2019, 06:45 PM
It’s called they are full of shit. When I saw Ole Miss in the 30s I stopped reading right then and there...

PGHBulldogBG
11-01-2019, 07:24 PM
I agree with Ole Miss being ahead of us because they have a much better coach but 56 for us is too low

MarketingBully
11-01-2019, 07:33 PM
I agree with Ole Miss being ahead of us because they have a much better coach but 56 for us is too low

This argument is happening on another board but Davis in no way shape or form is better then Howland. Wake me up when Davis makes a Sweet 16 much less a Final Four...

MCsMGs
11-01-2019, 07:34 PM

LOL!!!

Dawg2003
11-01-2019, 08:11 PM
What exactly has Kermit Davis done to be considered a great coach or better than Howland?

mparkerfd20
11-01-2019, 09:58 PM

This is the stupidest shit I've read on here this week and that's saying a lot.

defiantdog
11-01-2019, 10:38 PM
OM is a young team...... not sure why we're picked 9th in the SEC. Maybe they thought this was our football team.

Captain Falcon
11-01-2019, 10:57 PM
The argument for Kermit is that he took a last place team and immediately had them in the NCAA Tourney in Year 1, while it took Howland four years to get us there. Not exactly apples to apples though, Howland inherited a roster than needed total overhaul, Kermit inherited a talented group that had just quit on Kennedy the year before and simply needed a fire lit under them. On the court it was a split last year between the two teams.

Kermit legitimately did a good job last year, and Howland’s best work was not at MSU, so I kinda understand that side of the debate. But to say he’s miles better? Nah. Both guys have something to prove in regard to sustainability though.

BeardoMSU
11-01-2019, 11:01 PM
The argument for Kermit is that he took a last place team and immediately had them in the NCAA Tourney in Year 1, while it took Howland four years to get us there. Not exactly apples to apples though, Howland inherited a roster than needed total overhaul, Kermit inherited a talented group that had just quit on Kennedy the year before and simply needed a fire lit under them. On the court it was a split last year between the two teams.

Kermit legitimately did a good job last year, and Howland?s best work was not at MSU, so I kinda understand that side of the debate. But to say he?s miles better? Nah. Both guys have something to prove in regard to sustainability though.

Also, though the SEC was better last year, the new system that replaced RPI as the tournament metric helped everyone out, OM especially.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-01-2019, 11:55 PM

Kermit legitimately did a good job last year, and Howland’s best work was not at MSU, so I kinda understand that side of the debate. But to say he’s miles better? Nah. Both guys have something to prove in regard to sustainability though.

Kermit basically done what AK did for the last decade. He went 20-13 last year. AK avg 21 wins a year.