PDA

View Full Version : Kliff kingsbury

msstate7
10-31-2019, 08:53 PM
He's so bad. Last week, he went for it on 4th and short inside his own 35. It backfired, and the saints blew the game open after that. Tonight, his team stopped the 49ers on 4th and goal right before the half, but he called a TO that allowed a second shot... td, 49ers. I thought the cardinals should've drafted bosa, and it's becoming obvious that bosa was the correct pick

Captain Falcon
10-31-2019, 08:56 PM
Perhaps the strangest coaching hire I ever remember. A failed college coach immediately fails upward into an NFL head coaching job. Surely Arizona could’ve done better.

dawgs
10-31-2019, 09:01 PM
Kyler murray isn't dominating like bosa, but a rookie QB that's played as well as he has in the first half is usually gonna end up being the right pick. And in the modern NFL, if you don't have a QB, then it doesn't matter what else you don't have.

msu15
10-31-2019, 09:08 PM
Perhaps the strangest coaching hire I ever remember. A failed college coach immediately fails upward into an NFL head coaching job. Surely Arizona could’ve done better.

It’s not as comparable, but Petrino to Atlanta made no sense when it happened and it proved to be terrible.

msstate7
10-31-2019, 09:18 PM
I'll give kingsbury where credit is due though... he is really using Kenyon drake's skill set well. Outstanding acquisition

ShotgunDawg
10-31-2019, 09:29 PM

I don't think there is much correlation being between coaching in the NFL & coaching at a non blue blood college program.

This may sound strange, but with the amount of film time, practice time, & QB play that the NFL has, I'm not sure that JoMo wouldn't be way more successful in the NFL than he is in college.

College is about recruiting & getting guys to play fast & with confidence.

msstate7
10-31-2019, 09:33 PM
I don't think there is much correlation being between coaching in the NFL & coaching at a non blue blood college program.

This may sound strange, but with the amount of film time, practice time, & QB play that the NFL has, I'm not sure that JoMo wouldn't be way more successful in the NFL than he is in college.

College is about recruiting & getting guys to play fast & with confidence.

Wut? Sec DCs have figured out his RPO offense... nfl DCs would have no trouble

msstate7
10-31-2019, 10:13 PM
That was as good a pass as can be made. Great job, Murray

dawgday166
10-31-2019, 10:19 PM
He may be bad, but it seems like overall they getting better. He must have been taking game management lesson's from yo' boy. ****

dawgday166
10-31-2019, 10:22 PM

So I dunno for sure cause ain't an expert on all variances of the RPO. But in NFL offensive talent on a par with D and they can work around the clock at it too. No full-time second job like being a student with good grades either.

msstate7
10-31-2019, 10:24 PM
Then kingsbury makes a bonehead challenge

Lord McBuckethead
10-31-2019, 10:27 PM

Hell our offense hasn't even figured it out yet, how the hell have defenses figured it out?

shoeless joe
11-01-2019, 06:37 AM
Hell our offense hasn't even figured it out yet, how the hell have defenses figured it out?

Their defensive coordinators are better than our offensive coordinator

StarkVegasSteve
11-01-2019, 08:24 AM
Kliff seems to be figuring it out. He still makes way too many stupid in game decisions, i.e. goes for it FAR too much, stupid challenges, but overall they seem to be improving. Hell the 49ers just got done beating the Panthers 51-13 so scoring 25 on that defense was pretty impressive actually. Funny thing, when they threw the TD to Isabella last night I had flashbacks of that kid careering it vs us in 2017.

Kingbarkus
11-01-2019, 09:27 AM
I thought Arizona was headed to a Miami-like season. They are not too bad and Murray is a lot better than I thought. Kingsbury has pulled some dumb decisions and the New Orleans 4th down gamble was stupid. I think teams like Atlanta and Jacksonville (if Marone) is fired will have Mullen on their list.

StarkVegasSteve
11-01-2019, 10:41 AM
I thought Arizona was headed to a Miami-like season. They are not too bad and Murray is a lot better than I thought. Kingsbury has pulled some dumb decisions and the New Orleans 4th down gamble was stupid. I think teams like Atlanta and Jacksonville (if Marone) is fired will have Mullen on their list.

Dan was on Tampa's radar last year had Arians passed on the job. There's definite interest in him in the NFL right now.

Johnson85
11-01-2019, 02:29 PM
Kliff seems to be figuring it out. He still makes way too many stupid in game decisions, i.e. goes for it FAR too much, stupid challenges, but overall they seem to be improving. Hell the 49ers just got done beating the Panthers 51-13 so scoring 25 on that defense was pretty impressive actually. Funny thing, when they threw the TD to Isabella last night I had flashbacks of that kid careering it vs us in 2017.

He may just believe all the stats that say most NFL and college coaches punt wayyyyyy too much.

Kingbarkus
11-01-2019, 02:45 PM
Kingsbury needs to "read" or "feel" the game flow a little better. 4 point deficit in New Orleans, and a first down there doesn't get you much. Punt, play defense, and who knows? A tipped ball here, a fumble there. I still think the Saints would have won, but not a good gamble there. Last night I felt bad for the Arizona defense selling out and stopping the 49ers for nothing. I think Mullen will look at Kingsbury and if he wants to coach in the NFL, pull the trigger soon.

dawgs
11-01-2019, 04:31 PM
He may just believe all the stats that say most NFL and college coaches punt wayyyyyy too much.

Hey bro, don't be talking data when you can go be "feel".

msstate7
11-01-2019, 05:07 PM
Hey bro, don't be talking data when you can go be "feel".

Well if he went for that 4th and short inside their own 35 in the 3rd quarter in a close game bc of data, he needs new data. That decision took away any chance of a win, and even if they got it, they were still 30 or so yards from scoring position. It was dumb, period