PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watchin college football 150? Rivalries tonight

R2Dawg
10-29-2019, 07:46 PM
Even ESPN is in on the Olemiss LSU great rivalry. Two mentions and video already. No egg bowl anywhere after 45 min. Unbelievable. Egg bowl easily a top 10 rivalry in college football.

OLJWales
10-29-2019, 07:51 PM
ESPN has a confed at the helm. that's why the every year giant beat down to them is a "rivalry". the confed fanbase says so too so that makes it true.

R2Dawg
10-29-2019, 08:01 PM
They just interview Sly Croom he doesn't even mention egg bowl but Aub UGA. Last scene is Olemiss winning egg bowl.

Dang, give ESPN and F on that one. They spent 20 min on Ohio St and Michigan. They talked about Iron bowl but not enough. Egg bowl not even a mention after 20 years of Thanksgiving drama on ESPN as the national game??? Seriously

Commercecomet24
10-29-2019, 08:02 PM
My son married into a big time
LSU family(poor kid) and they all laugh at the "rivalry" with unm. They think it's some kinda joke.

Commercecomet24
10-29-2019, 08:04 PM
2 of the most heated rivalries in this country are the Egg Bowl and the Iron Bowl. I don't no of any others that are as nasty.

KOdawg1
10-29-2019, 08:10 PM
Lol, the only ones who claim that LSU and Ole Miss have a rivalry are Ole Miss fans who try to make themselves feel more important than they really are. It'd be like us saying Bama was our real rival. You actually have to beat your rival every now and then for it to still be considered a rivalry

Liverpooldawg
10-29-2019, 08:11 PM
One day y'all will remember that the Confederates are well represented at ESPN.

RocketDawg
10-29-2019, 08:27 PM
My son married into a big time
LSU family(poor kid) and they all laugh at the "rivalry" with unm. They think it's some kinda joke.

It's more of a one-sided thing (OM thinks it's a big rivalry, LSU doesn't), kinda like us and Alabama. It was probably more of a thing back in the 50s and 60s when OM had a consistently good team.

On the other hand, I think most MSU fans and most OM fans would consider the Egg Bowl to be a huge rivalry, although I, as a longtime Alabama resident, would much prefer us to beat Alabama on a regular basis.

Commercecomet24
10-29-2019, 08:28 PM
It's more of a one-sided thing (OM thinks it's a big rivalry, LSU doesn't), kinda like us and Alabama. It was probably more of a thing back in the 50s and 60s when OM had a consistently good team.

On the other hand, I think most MSU fans and most OM fans would consider the Egg Bowl to be a huge rivalry, although I, as a longtime Alabama resident, would much prefer us to beat Alabama on a regular basis.

Agreed

R2Dawg
10-29-2019, 08:57 PM

Similar here as I also live in AL. I moved to AL in 1996. What a time to move here. Beat Bama 4 out of next 5 years, beat Aub a lot too. Since Saban arrived, hasn't been very fun.

Bothrops
10-29-2019, 09:02 PM
ESPN = Washington Times, Joy Behar, and MTV post 1996

Homedawg
10-29-2019, 09:14 PM
Egg bowl is one of the most heated rivalries yes. But, the programs being marginal at best and never playing for championships, makes it not news worthy nationally. Now why LSU ole miss is still hyped is stupid.

TUSK
10-29-2019, 09:23 PM
Even ESPN is in on the Olemiss LSU great rivalry. Two mentions and video already. No egg bowl anywhere after 45 min. Unbelievable. Egg bowl easily a top 10 rivalry in college football.

I’m with you (no particular order, in addition to Egg Bowl): Bama/AU, AU/UGA, UGA/UF, UT/Bama, Bama/LSU, LSU/AU, UF/LSU... gotta be in top ten.

Homedawg
10-29-2019, 10:06 PM
I’m with you (no particular order, in addition to Egg Bowl): Bama/AU, AU/UGA, UGA/UF, UT/Bama, Bama/LSU, LSU/AU, UF/LSU... gotta be in top ten.

Interesting to see the iron bowl is 18-18 since the bear died.

TUSK
10-29-2019, 10:12 PM
Interesting to see the iron bowl is 18-18 since the bear died.

Yup. AU wore Bammer out in the 80s & early 2000s.

It’s been really competitive.

Lord McBuckethead
10-30-2019, 12:28 AM
2 of the most heated rivalries in this country are the Egg Bowl and the Iron Bowl. I don't no of any others that are as nasty.

Wasn't Kansas and Mizzou pretty heated?

TUSK
10-30-2019, 01:04 AM

Yeah, there have been a few nationally that are legit. I (wrongly) thought we were talking SEC only.

I guess it depends on the definition of rivalry. If you go by the behavior of fans, the Iron Bowl wins by a wide margin, imo.

parabrave
10-30-2019, 01:07 AM

Yep it was around the 1850s-60s. But ole Josey Wales whipped those Redlegs in Texas. Sorry couldn't resist.

Maroonthirteen
10-30-2019, 05:55 AM
I saw it.

It’s awesome that espn feels Crxxm is the authority on MSU football. Thanks LT. ****

BeardoMSU
10-30-2019, 06:52 AM
Now why LSU ole miss is still hyped is stupid.

Old times there are not forgotten...especially when old times is all you got...

Commercecomet24
10-30-2019, 08:48 AM
Old times there are not forgotten...especially when old times is all you got...

Rep Given.