PDA

View Full Version : BCS Standings

Will James
10-27-2013, 08:06 PM
Bama, Oregon, FSU.

At this point I might be inclined to think FSU and Oregon would beat Alabama. That Iron Bowl game is in Auburn and you can toss the record books out for that rivalry game. Should be interesting. LSU can be a tough out as well depending on which team shows up.

Thoughts?

CadaverDawg
10-27-2013, 08:08 PM
I think Bama and FSU would be a great game. I agree that Bama and LSU could be a great one, but I think Bama rolls Auburn. I think They will take away the run and force Marshall to throw and he can't do that against a decent defense.

MetEdDawg
10-27-2013, 08:28 PM
These computer rankings are disgustingly bad.

Sagarin has Northern Illinois ranked 3rd. Billingsley has Notre Dame ranked 13th ahead of teams like Miami, Auburn, and TAMU. Anderson and Hester have Michigan 14th, LSU at 20 and the team they have ranked 15th isn't even ranked in the BCS. Peter Wolfe has Auburn ranked 5th and ahead of Stanford. Billingsley has UCF ranked 16th and ahead of Auburn and TAMU. There are so many others it's almost impossible to post them all.

As to the Alabama and who's number 1 argument, I think Bama stays number 1 if they don't lose, but I think they lose to LSU personally. LSU has been up and down but I think they will be way up for Bama. That's gonna be a dog fight and I think LSU will prevail.

Oregon won't lose and the dark horse in this race is Baylor. If Baylor gets through this gauntlet(by Big 12 standards) of a 3 game stretch against ranked Big 12 opponents unscathed, you will see the chatter for an Oregon-Baylor national title game start. Game could be in the 60s or 70s and would draw a large number of fans that don't normally watch and want to see something flashy.

I think there is a real possibility that there are 4 or 5 undefeated teams left by the time conference championships roll around. Ohio State's only ranked opponent left is Michigan. FSU and Miami's only ranked opponent left is each other next week. Oregon probably doesn't lose this year. Bama still has 2 ranked opponents plus the conference title game. Fresno and NIU could both be undefeated. Baylor could be able to score enough to get through the Big 12 without losing. Could have a real cluster at the top if 4 BCS schools go undefeated this year.

hacker
10-27-2013, 08:29 PM
I'm hoping for Bama and FSU at this point.

chef dixon
10-27-2013, 09:06 PM
I don't see why people can't see that Bama is doing the same thing all over again. They are going to win the title once again.

smootness
10-27-2013, 09:18 PM
I don't see why people can't see that Bama is doing the same thing all over again. They are going to win the title once again.

Yup.

Until they actually lose a big-time OOC game, I'm not going to predict it.

Even in years where they don't look quite as good early on, they always end in the same place...the best team in the country. They are always the most talented team who is at least as well-coached as everyone else, too.

Will James
10-27-2013, 09:22 PM

Currently I would have FSU as 3 pt favorites over Bama. Oregon-Bama probably a pick-em.

FSU looks really strong

chef dixon
10-27-2013, 09:25 PM
Currently I would have FSU as 3 pt favorites over Bama. Oregon-Bama probably a pick-em.

FSU looks really strong

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see FSU take it this year. I just think as long as the format allows Bama so long to get ready, that puts the other team at a huge disadvantage. Not sure how they are going to space out the semis and finals next year.

Will James
10-27-2013, 09:27 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see FSU take it this year. I just think as long as the format allows Bama so long to get ready, that puts the other team at a huge disadvantage. Not sure how they are going to space out the semis and finals next year.

According to http://www.bcsfootball.org/news/story?id=4809833

the semis will be January 1st and championship January 12th

cheewgumm
10-27-2013, 09:36 PM
Bama over either. They look like a machine.

dawgs
10-27-2013, 11:10 PM
Oregon > f$u

Also no one will clamor for Baylor in the title game unless they are 1 of only 2 undefeated teams in the big 5 conferences.