PDA

View Full Version : I Hope We Win Out

confucius say
10-29-2019, 03:02 PM
Maybe at the risk of being banned, but I still hope this team gets its stuff together and wins.

Since there is a 60 post thread at the top of this board entitled ?I hope we lose out,? and I know players/recruits and parents read our boards, please know that some of us are still hoping for a bowl game this year and that things get turned around, not actively rooting against the program because we are pissed.

No doubt this year has been a shit show since May when we brought TS in and went away from KT, but if we can get to 6-6 and a bowl game it will go down historically just like 2011, 2013, and better than 2016.

Liverpooldawg
10-29-2019, 03:05 PM
So do I. I don't want us to lose ever.

Dawgtini
10-29-2019, 03:09 PM
So do I. I don't want us to lose ever.

Ditto

PKADogs55
10-29-2019, 03:10 PM
Much needed POSITIVE post ... Thank you!!!

Jack Lambert
10-29-2019, 03:13 PM
You know they are coming for you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw5pmDgWMaU

dawgday166
10-29-2019, 03:25 PM
They're coming ... for you. Resistance is f u t i l e *******

I thought confucius was supposed to be wise ******

Commercecomet24
10-29-2019, 03:29 PM
I ALWAYS hope we win, no matter the sport. There's not a lot I can do to control what happens on the field though.

Fader21
10-29-2019, 03:32 PM
I never want us to lose. I honestly hope Joe Moorhead can turn it around and be successful here at MSU. I am one that feels like consistency at a position leads to success. I just don't feel like he will and think he will be gone at the end of the year. I

RocketDawg
10-29-2019, 03:32 PM
I absolutely hope we win out. I'll never pull for us to lose, and I always think we have a chance against Alabama. If not, why play the game?

confucius say
10-29-2019, 04:22 PM
I ALWAYS hope we win, no matter the sport. There's not a lot I can do to control what happens on the field though.

Exactly, what we hope does not impact anything so why not hope we win out instead of lose out.

Really Clark?
10-29-2019, 04:33 PM
I always pull for us to win and get pissy when we don’t and get really pissed when we look horrid. But I will be back the next game looking for a win.

Tbonewannabe
10-29-2019, 04:40 PM
I have always wanted to win every game. I don't expect it from Joe but I hope he gets it together. At one point in the 2008 Egg Bowl, I did want them to run up the score just to make a point that we wouldn't get Croom back.

Even if Joe beat the brakes off of Ark, Abilene, and UM, I still would want a new coach. At this point, only a Bama win can make me wish for a year 3 under Joe.

Commercecomet24
10-29-2019, 04:43 PM
I always pull for us to win and get pissy when we don?t and get really pissed when we look horrid. But I will be back the next game looking for a win.

I'm right there on that same boat with you! Same exact feelings!

Commercecomet24
10-29-2019, 04:43 PM
Exactly, what we hope does not impact anything so why not hope we win out instead of lose out.

Agreed.

Coursesuper
10-29-2019, 04:57 PM

I hope they do well and somehow win, but I just know better than to sit there and hope against hope when I see what's going on out there. I don't want them to lose but I've accepted our fate until it's over. All that be done by us now is to be patient for another month and watch it play out.

shoeless joe
10-29-2019, 05:12 PM
I remember when Guidry caught the TD Saturday to cut the lead in half...I was thinking we were right back in it and had a shot. So I know how u guys feel. Hope is a good thing. But as long as the program is run the way it currently is run then hope is about all we got...so cling to it boys!!!

What I hope is that a much better hire, can’t be much worse, is made for next yr.

R2Dawg
10-29-2019, 05:20 PM
Maybe at the risk of being banned, but I still hope this team gets its stuff together and wins.

Since there is a 60 post thread at the top of this board entitled ?I hope we lose out,? and I know players/recruits and parents read our boards, please know that some of us are still hoping for a bowl game this year and that things get turned around, not actively rooting against the program because we are pissed.

No doubt this year has been a shit show since May when we brought TS in and went away from KT, but if we can get to 6-6 and a bowl game it will go down historically just like 2011, 2013, and better than 2016.

I will never pull for MSU to lose; not in my blood. I wish Joe would figure it out but it he don't I still want to not sink to the bottom by losing out. Flatten out at 6-6 and see if we can improve either with new schemes, coaches, whatever. I don't want the floor at MSU to return to 4-8 or 3-9 like the past.

MetEdDawg
10-29-2019, 06:11 PM
Thank god. A reasonable, rational post. Not a ton of these floating around here these days.

DeputyDawg94
10-29-2019, 09:47 PM
Absolutely agree. I want 6-6 (Bama ain’t gonna happen) and a bowl win to get to 7-6.

Dawg2003
10-29-2019, 09:54 PM
I hope we go to a bowl. We need the money.

Cooterpoot
10-29-2019, 10:00 PM
It’s a no lose situation. If we win great, if we lose Jo gets fired.

maroonmania
10-29-2019, 10:08 PM
I've personally just lost all hope. I sort of feel like we are screwed if Joe stays around for another year or two and screwed if he doesn't. If he stays, and doesn't make major changes, the offense will still not be up to par and we will still likely be a very soft team that looks poorly coached on the field. If he leaves or is let go we probably lose most of our current recruiting class which will set us back and may very well lose Shrader which would set our QB situation back to the stone age given everyone else in the QB room either has or seemingly will jump ship after the season. The whole thing is a mess.