PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding coaching search

SteelCurtain74
10-28-2019, 07:52 PM
I've been a long time lurker and decided to finally join the discussion. I've seen a lot of names thrown around for a potential replacement for Moorhead. Question I have is do you think Cohen will target a current college coach/coordinator or is there a possibility in him looking for someone currently in the pros. If he looks at the pros, a couple of names I would hope would at least get a look would be Dave Toub and Shane Waldon.

Toub is the current assistant head coach of the Chiefs but has spent most of his time as a special team coordianator with the Chiefs. He was a strength and condition coach for many years at Missouri and also has coached the defensive line. Waldon is the current passing game coordiantor for the Rams. I'm not as high on him but he is partly responsible for the Rams increase in offensive production the last few years.

StarkVegasSteve
10-28-2019, 08:17 PM
If we look in the NFL I imagine the only guy we'd look at would be Todd Monken.

Irondawg
10-28-2019, 08:48 PM
Some research needed there - he supposedly hated recruiting from sources in Hattiesburg. I don't think he'd like the grind of being in the SEC.

Tbonewannabe
10-28-2019, 09:12 PM
I would probably give Joe Judge an interview also.

viverlibre
10-28-2019, 09:14 PM
I've been a long time lurker and decided to finally join the discussion. I've seen a lot of names thrown around for a potential replacement for Moorhead. Question I have is do you think Cohen will target a current college coach/coordinator or is there a possibility in him looking for someone currently in the pros. If he looks at the pros, a couple of names I would hope would at least get a look would be Dave Toub and Shane Waldon.

Toub is the current assistant head coach of the Chiefs but has spent most of his time as a special team coordianator with the Chiefs. He was a strength and condition coach for many years at Missouri and also has coached the defensive line. Waldon is the current passing game coordiantor for the Rams. I'm not as high on him but he is partly responsible for the Rams increase in offensive production the last few years.

These may be good names for the after 2020 season coaching search, but we already have our coach for next year.