PDA

View Full Version : Throwing names out there

PMDawg
10-28-2019, 01:55 PM
Disclaimer: I don't claim any of these would come here, would be a good fit, are great coaches, etc. Just starting a discussion. Does anyone know more about these coaches, or have any thoughts on them?

Skip Holtz - Definitely wouldn't be a "wow" hire, but the guy has been solid (not great) at a school that is hard to win at. Has been solid everywhere he's been, but has never been somewhere with real talent. Probably another big gamble, so maybe a definite no. Again, just looking for thoughts.

Luke Fickell - Coached under The Vest, and has Cincinnati rolling in year 3 (and rolled in year 2).

Matt Rhule - May be a really hard pull from Baylor, but the guy has a lot of experience and a solid resume. Baylor is rolling again.

Bryan Harsin - Probably another hard pull, but he's 58-16 at Boise since Peterson left. We went hard after Peterson, and by all accounts almost had him. Maybe worth another hard run at Boise's coach?

Eliah Drinkwitz - Not a ton of experience, not much of a resume. But he's moved up quickly and he already has a 7-0 record in his first year at App State. Maybe too green, but we will never get a "great" if we're not one of the first ones on them. I know, that's what we tried with Joe, and it backfired big time. Probably would keep Drinkwitz off the radar, but he may be a guy to watch.

PMDawg
10-28-2019, 04:30 PM
Man, no conversation?

Cooterpoot
10-28-2019, 04:42 PM
Well, that’s not a good list but you can add it to the 1200 others already here if you’d like.

Tbonewannabe
10-28-2019, 05:25 PM
Well, that’s not a good list but you can add it to the 1200 others already here if you’d like.

Rhule is a good name but we won't pull him from Baylor.

Harsin would be tough since he is from around there.

bobcat91
10-28-2019, 05:39 PM
Joe Moorhead.

Really Clark?
10-28-2019, 05:45 PM
Joe Moorhead.

Really don’t like the way he runs a program, lack of discipline, conditioning, they are on probation and seem to be on the down trend big time. Lot of rumors that the school is looking at possibly firing him this season or next. If he loses to a horrible ARK team, we should scratch him off our potential coach list and look elsewhere.

PMDawg
10-28-2019, 06:48 PM

Yeah, I guess I should've went with Urban Meyer, Les Miles, and the 10 other people who are at 0% chance. Good discussion.

RocketDawg
10-28-2019, 07:20 PM
Yeah, I guess I should've went with Urban Meyer, Les Miles, and the 10 other people who are at 0% chance. Good discussion.

I like Les Miles.

How about Sonny Dykes? Undefeated this year.

PMDawg
10-28-2019, 08:19 PM
I like Les Miles.

How about Sonny Dykes? Undefeated this year.

I thought about adding Sonny Dykes to the list, but this season seems to be an outlier. He has had a lot of mediocre seasons.

StarkVegasSteve
10-28-2019, 08:26 PM
Matt Rhule would be the home run hire of all home run hires. But he's highly coveted by the NFL. He turned the Colts last year and was a Jets candidate as well. I doubt we could pull him

Commercecomet24
10-28-2019, 08:45 PM
Mullen's to State