PDA

View Full Version : I hope we lose out

Matt3467
10-28-2019, 11:40 AM
I hate to say that, but I really don't want to chance JoMo coming back next year....

I'm just not confident going 5-7 will push him out of the door. I wanted this to work but the program has been set back years at this point and will only continue to regress the longer we keep him. We need someone here with a proven track record of success and preferably so at programs that were in bad shape when they came in.

I was pro Cohen when he first took the AD job since he had strong ties to the program. I figured he would go in with pride and fight tooth and nail for us to have the best athletic program and he wouldn't up and leave us when a bigger job came up, but if he doesn't fix this and fix it fast he should be out the door with JoMo too.

MetEdDawg
10-28-2019, 11:54 AM
I hate to say that, but I really don't want to chance JoMo coming back next year....

I'm just not confident going 5-7 will push him out of the door. I wanted this to work but the program has been set back years at this point and will only continue to regress the longer we keep him. We need someone here with a proven track record of success and preferably so at programs that were in bad shape when they came in.

I was pro Cohen when he first took the AD job since he had strong ties to the program. I figured he would go in with pride and fight tooth and nail for us to have the best athletic program and he wouldn't up and leave us when a bigger job came up, but if he doesn't fix this and fix it fast he should be out the door with JoMo too.

This is such a bad take. Do you know how much bad publicity we would get from losing to Abilene Christian??

My God. Some of you need to take a step back and actually think for a second. Going 3-9 is good for us? Shit man. Be smarter than that

Matt3467
10-28-2019, 11:58 AM
This is such a bad take. Do you know how much bad publicity we would get from losing to Abilene Christian??

My God. Some of you need to take a step back and actually think for a second. Going 3-9 is good for us? Shit man. Be smarter than that

What's better? Going 4-8 with JoMo back another year or 3-9 and he's gone for sure?

TrapGame
10-28-2019, 12:02 PM
I think we'll beat Arkansas and Abilene. I think we will lose the EB. 5-7 is plenty to get him fired after the total shit show we've seen. This press conference coach speak Joe gives every Monday is not gaining him confidence in the athletic department.

Matt3467
10-28-2019, 12:08 PM

Btw ACU is averaging 34pts a game and with a defense that's on Peter Sirmon levels giving up over 30 a game this could definitely be a closer game than some think. We should win but I have no expectations for this team anymore.

Heck we lost to a TN team that lost to Georgia State at home and really it wasn't even competitive.

MadDawg
10-28-2019, 12:18 PM
We have the worst fans on the planet.

Matt3467
10-28-2019, 12:23 PM

Hard to see how you could be a "good" fan and want JoMo around another year.

parabrave
10-28-2019, 12:27 PM

Naw he just Preaching.

Indndawg
10-28-2019, 12:30 PM
that said, I want JoMo fired even after an EB win. Perhaps there's pic with him and Freeze on Winchester in Memphis gentlemen's establishments

MadDawg
10-28-2019, 12:32 PM
Hard to see how you could be a "good" fan and want JoMo around another year.

If you find yourself wanting "your team" to lose every game, even the game to their rival, find another team to support. Period.

Matt3467
10-28-2019, 12:49 PM
If you find yourself wanting "your team" to lose every game, even the game to their rival, find another team to support. Period.

It's obvious you and I have varying definitions of "support." If I could pull the string for a new coach at the end of the year I would, but I don't trust Cohen to do that so something catastrophic would have to happen in year two for that to happen and yes if it takes losing the next four games to get that ball rolling then Woo Pig Sooie!!!

Call me whatever kind of fan you want I really could care less what you think. If you care what I think though I think you're a sheep fan that will follow every coach that comes here. You probably cried when Croom left.

Matt3467
10-28-2019, 12:51 PM
I think we'll beat Arkansas and Abilene. I think we will lose the EB. 5-7 is plenty to get him fired after the total shit show we've seen. This press conference coach speak Joe gives every Monday is not gaining him confidence in the athletic department.

Yea, or at least we should. If that happens though I don't think Cohen drops him.

Matt3467
10-28-2019, 12:54 PM
that said, I want JoMo fired even after an EB win. Perhaps there's pic with him and Freeze on Winchester in Memphis gentlemen's establishments

I don't think Croom is pushed out of the door if he didn't have his doors absolutely blown off by OM 45-0. I hated it at the time but looking back it was the best thing to happen for our program that year because it brought Mullen in.

msstate7
10-28-2019, 01:11 PM

Throw $5000 on ark Saturday, and you'll be able to**

msstate7
10-28-2019, 01:11 PM
I don't think Croom is pushed out of the door if he didn't have his doors absolutely blown off by OM 45-0. I hated it at the time but looking back it was the best thing to happen for our program that year because it brought Mullen in.

He's right

MadDawg
10-28-2019, 01:19 PM
It's obvious you and I have varying definitions of "support." If I could pull the string for a new coach at the end of the year I would, but I don't trust Cohen to do that so something catastrophic would have to happen in year two for that to happen and yes if it takes losing the next four games to get that ball rolling then Woo Pig Sooie!!!

Call me whatever kind of fan you want I really could care less what you think. If you care what I think though I think you're a sheep fan that will follow every coach that comes here. You probably cried when Croom left.

Not only are you a horrible fan, you are an idiot too. As much as I hated Croom, I never pulled for MSU to lose. That's a line a real fan wouldn't cross.

Matt3467
10-28-2019, 01:50 PM
Not only are you a horrible fan, you are an idiot too. As much as I hated Croom, I never pulled for MSU to lose. That's a line a real fan wouldn't cross.

Then you deserve Joe another year, but alas I cannot stand idly by and be complicit in this debacle. I can almost guarantee you this though MadDawg and that's if there was a choice between going 3-9 and getting another coach vs Joe staying around another year then the vast majority would take the former regardless if they'd admit it or not.

This isn't some new philosophy either. You see this all the time in the NFL. When a "can't miss" prospect is going number 1 in the following draft it's not unusual to see a team tank their season after it's already over halfway through anyway.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-28-2019, 01:58 PM
This isn't some new philosophy either. You see this all the time in the NFL. When a "can't miss" prospect is going number 1 in the following draft it's not unusual to see a team tank their season after it's already over halfway through anyway.

I'm waiting for your response to the can't miss coach to make this analogy make sense.

MadDawg
10-28-2019, 02:02 PM
Then you deserve Joe another year, but alas I cannot stand idly by and be complicit in this debacle. I can almost guarantee you this though MadDawg and that's if there was a choice between going 3-9 and getting another coach vs Joe staying around another year then the vast majority would take the former regardless if they'd admit it or not.

There's 2 things I know for sure that have ZERO bearing on who the coach will be next year:
1. Who the coach that I "deserve" to have is.
2. You sitting "idly by" or not.

Another thing I know is that you are setting yourself, and all of the rest of us for that matter, to be really, really miserable the next 1 1/2 seasons. Because that's how long Joe will be here at a minimum. And since you've already decided to go full anti-MSU from here on out, I guess you will be pulling for 0-12 next season. And with an outlook like that, why not go ahead and find another team to follow? I'm just looking out for your mental well being.

Maroonthirteen
10-28-2019, 02:06 PM

....and the worst radio media/personalities in Mississippi. You ain’t Y’all lifestyle unless you’re sh**ing on State.

Matt3467
10-28-2019, 02:10 PM
I'm waiting for your response to the can't miss coach to make this analogy make sense.

My point, if you were closely following the context, was the notion of "it's horrible to want your team to lose," isn't so foreign. Ithinkyouknewthat.

In regard to the can't miss coach though I'd have to say that relative to the product that Joe has put on the field that would make quite a few coaches "can't miss." Notice I said relative though.

Matt3467
10-28-2019, 02:19 PM
There's 2 things I know for sure that have ZERO bearing on who the coach will be next year:
1. Who the coach that I "deserve" to have is.
2. You sitting "idly by" or not.

Another thing I know is that you are setting yourself, and all of the rest of us for that matter, to be really, really miserable the next 1 1/2 seasons. Because that's how long Joe will be here at a minimum. And since you've already decided to go full anti-MSU from here on out, I guess you will be pulling for 0-12 next season. And with an outlook like that, why not go ahead and find another team to follow? I'm just looking out for your mental well being.

Quite the contrary Mr MadDawg! If he's still here next season (which btw I think he will be) he doesn't have to go 0-12 to be shown the door. All he has to do is perform exactly how he's doing now. This is why I proposed that something catastrophic, such as losing out, would be about the only way he's not here next season.

I'm fairly certain most ED posters on here don't see a light at the end of this tunnel with Joe. If he stays for next year things will get worse and the hole will get deeper to climb out of. I'm sorry you can't see that.

Liverpooldawg
10-28-2019, 02:23 PM

THAT is total garbage.

Cooterpoot
10-28-2019, 02:26 PM
Every fan base has tick turd fans.

cheewgumm
10-28-2019, 02:27 PM
Matt, you are right. In fact I?d argue you are rooting for your team ( in the long run). If you see this won?t get better ( it won?t), then change it quickly is best, hoping we beat some other losers just to give Cohen a reason not to act is not on best interstellar long term and this rooting against State?s best interest.

Cooterpoot
10-28-2019, 02:34 PM
He's right

No he?s not

Matt3467
10-28-2019, 02:41 PM
No he?s not

Cooter, is there a rivalry developing here or is it just in my own head? You're arguably one of the most *negative*, hardheaded, stubborn posters on this board. You've always got to be right. You think what Les Miles is doing at KU is nothing significant and what Mack Brown is doing at NC is nothing to brag about. They're all trash teams with washed up wannabe coaches according to the Cooter.

Matt3467
10-28-2019, 02:43 PM
Matt, you are right. In fact I?d argue you are rooting for your team ( in the long run). If you see this won?t get better ( it won?t), then change it quickly is best, hoping we beat some other losers just to give Cohen a reason not to act is not on best interstellar long term and this rooting against State?s best interest.

That's why I told MadDawg we have varying definitions of support. I believe in the long run wanting him gone now is being very supportive to the overall quality of our football program. I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees that.

Matt3467
10-28-2019, 02:43 PM
THAT is total garbage.

Opinion appreciated.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-28-2019, 03:04 PM
My point, if you were closely following the context, was the notion of "it's horrible to want your team to lose," isn't so foreign. Ithinkyouknewthat.

In regard to the can't miss coach though I'd have to say that relative to the product that Joe has put on the field that would make quite a few coaches "can't miss." Notice I said relative though.

You just typed me 2 paragraphs to not give me an answer. So I will ask again & no "can't miss coach" isn't relative to Joe. It is what it is in the title. You made the analogy so I used it.

shoeless joe
10-28-2019, 03:09 PM
The bad part is...as was mentioned in other thread...that many believe whether or not we beat ARKANSAS should be a determine factor in this decision. That tells you all you need to know

MadDawg
10-28-2019, 03:13 PM
That's why I told MadDawg we have varying definitions of support. I believe in the long run wanting him gone now is being very supportive to the overall quality of our football program. I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees that.

There's one glaring thing you guys miss in this. The next hire isn't a slam dunk. In fact, history tells us the next hire might even turn out to be worse that the one we're firing. We've seen it happen more than once in recent history. If you could tell me for certain we are one 3-9 season away from hiring another Dan Mullen and a decade of good seasons, I'd be right there with you. But you can't. And you can't even convince me it's the most likely scenario.

Matt3467
10-28-2019, 03:46 PM
You just typed me 2 paragraphs to not give me an answer. So I will ask again & no "can't miss coach" isn't relative to Joe. It is what it is in the title. You made the analogy so I used it.

Please don't be as dumb as you appear to be. You got your answer.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-28-2019, 03:53 PM

Yep I sure did. A bunch of filler.

msstate7
10-28-2019, 04:07 PM
No he?s not

Croom being fired wasn't what was best for our program? I'll just disagree with you then

monroedawg5646
10-28-2019, 04:11 PM
The bad part is...as was mentioned in other thread...that many believe whether or not we beat ARKANSAS should be a determine factor in this decision. That tells you all you need to know

THIS right here. Beating Arkansas, AC, and Ole Miss mean nothing as far as the decision to fire him. All 3 teams are dog shit and could be beaten easily with a competent coach. The ONLY win that could save Joe in my mind is Bama, and well we all know that shit ain?t happening. Keeping Joe is bad for the program, athletic department, the university, and the city of Starkville.

Matt3467
10-28-2019, 04:12 PM
Yep I sure did. A bunch of filler.

Okay, I'll bite. Since you're either too lazy to read the entire thread or you lack the comprehension skills to see the context I'll go ahead and lay this out plainly to you.

MadDawg criticized me for wanting to lose out in order to hopefully move on past the JoMo experiment. He/She said that real fans don't wish for their team to lose. I don't see Cohen getting rid of him unless we lose out. If the only game we win is AC I still think JoMo is around. Nevertheless I said that losing out in the NFL after the season for a particular team is already in the drain is a strategy many times if there's a "can't miss" prospect. It happens all the time.

You sir take the point I made either a little too literally or you're just being difficult of which I'm not certain. My point is sometimes in order to put yourself in a better position going forward you have to lose. I believe that is a very well stated point if that's what it takes for us to get the next coach here.

TrapGame
10-28-2019, 04:15 PM
THIS right here. Beating Arkansas, AC, and Ole Miss mean nothing as far as the decision to fire him. All 3 teams are dog shit and could be beaten easily with a competent coach. The ONLY win that could save Joe in my mind is Bama, and well we all know that shit ain?t happening. Keeping Joe is bad for the program, athletic department, the university, and the city of Starkville.

Ab-so-freakin'-lutely.

We are using dumpster fires as measuring sticks for our dumpster fire. Beating Arkansas is totally irrelevant.

Matt3467
10-28-2019, 04:19 PM
There's one glaring thing you guys miss in this. The next hire isn't a slam dunk. In fact, history tells us the next hire might even turn out to be worse that the one we're firing. We've seen it happen more than once in recent history. If you could tell me for certain we are one 3-9 season away from hiring another Dan Mullen and a decade of good seasons, I'd be right there with you. But you can't. And you can't even convince me it's the most likely scenario.

MadDawg if you go by history in MSU sports you're going to be very disappointed. The last decade has been the most successful period ever for our football program. I don't think it's fair to compare our past hires to future ones.

Dan Mullen set our program up to be better than we've historically been. We were in a position to bring a proven successful coach here for the first time possibly ever (especially if the rumors of Whittingham were true). This is a pivotal point in MSU football. Joe has done serious damage, but if we make another mistake like Joe going forward all the progress we made under Mullen will be for naught and we'll be back to square one.

MrKotter
10-28-2019, 04:28 PM

You do not come anywhere near answering his simple question yet you call him dumb? Cute

Matt3467
10-28-2019, 04:44 PM
You do not come anywhere near answering his simple question yet you call him dumb? Cute

Aww thanks MrKotter. I think you're cute too ;)

confucius say
10-28-2019, 04:46 PM
If you want joe gone, why not hope for making a bowl game and joe leaving in his own? If you want him gone, that is best case scenario so hope for that.

msstate7
10-28-2019, 04:51 PM
If you want joe gone, why not hope for making a bowl game and joe leaving in his own? If you want him gone, that is best case scenario so hope for that.

That's reasonable. I just want him gone... whatever it takes. It took me 2 quarters of action vs Kentucky last year to know we hired a clown. He fooled me into thinking I was wrong after auburn, but I wasn't. We need him gone before he destroys was Mullen built if he hasn't already

Matt3467
10-28-2019, 05:01 PM

I would love that, but we'd have at least another year of him.

MD2020
10-28-2019, 05:58 PM
Moorehead must go. The sad part is the administration. Our fans do not believe the university will make the needed changes unless we hit rock bottom. That's the "Poor Mississippi state " mindset that's keeps the university near the bottom. I don't blame fans. I'm concerned that there is a possibility a failing employee keeps his job that impacts the entire university.

cheewgumm
10-28-2019, 06:05 PM
For all of you saying that there is a possibility of us changing coaches if needed, EVEN if we we 2 or 3 more games, you are fooling yourself. Go listen to the Boneyard. Rosie says Moorhead will be our coach "next year and beyond". He didn't make that up himself. He heard it somewhere...most likely Cohen talking points.

If you think we will change coaches without a total meltdown, you are not familiar with Mississippi State Athletics.

Matt3467
10-28-2019, 07:24 PM
For all of you saying that there is a possibility of us changing coaches if needed, EVEN if we we 2 or 3 more games, you are fooling yourself. Go listen to the Boneyard. Rosie says Moorhead will be our coach "next year and beyond". He didn't make that up himself. He heard it somewhere...most likely Cohen talking points.

If you think we will change coaches without a total meltdown, you are not familiar with Mississippi State Athletics.

If this is true and Cohen keeps him around "next year and beyond" I'm........speechless.

confucius say
10-28-2019, 07:25 PM
If this is true and Cohen keeps him around "next year and beyond" I'm........speechless.

What if we finish 6-6 this year and 8-4 next year?

Matt3467
10-28-2019, 08:47 PM

Well if there was evidence to point to that being a possibility I'd be on board, but does anyone really see him turning it around?

CoachT14
10-29-2019, 07:14 AM

Us finishing 8-4 next year? Lol. Not as long as this clown is our head coach. If we got 6-6 somehow to finish the season this year, we may go 3-9 next year at best.

New Mexico - Win
@NC State - Toss-up at best, because Slomo can't win on the road without the #1 defense.
Arkansas - Toss-up
Tulane - Toss-up, possible loss if Willie Fritz hasn't taken another job.
A&M - Toss-up at best, but let's be honest, Jimbo vs. Slomo? Jimbo all day, every day.
@Alabama - Loss
@LSU - Loss
Auburn - Loss
Missouri - Toss-up, depends on what they do at QB and with Odom
@Kentucky - Toss-up at best, but Slomo on the road is more than likely a loss.
Alabama A&M - Win
@Ole Miss - Toss-up at best, but Ole Miss looks way better coached than us more times than not at the moment.

That's only two solid wins as long as Slomo is still our coach, but yeah let's talk about going 8-4.

MarketingBully
10-29-2019, 07:27 AM

The division has been happening since last year. The message boards have been insufferable since about October or November of 2018. All of them. It?s been a 50/50 split of fans wanting to get rid of JoMo and those who defend him. Since the Tennessee game this year, it?s been roughly 95/5 of fans wanting to get rid of him vs defend him. I?d of said it would be closer to 100% but obviously there are still a very small small contingent of fans defending JoMo but I think it?s more defending whoever the coach is rather then JoMo himself. Here?s what will happen next and what we don?t want to see (it happened in basketball under Rick Ray) is apathy if we don?t get rid of JoMo. The boards will quit caring about football until JoMo is gone. If that happens, it?s really hard to bring the fans back. Something has to be done and soon. Hopefully some of the posters are right and it will work itself out in late November early December but if he?s here next year I don?t want to see the boards then...

MarketingBully
10-29-2019, 07:36 AM

I think 6-6 is a likely scenario unless the team has completely quit. If they still have fight in them, they should win this weekend. We get all of the suspended players back and even with some of the injuries either Arkansas will start a guy who is an Interception machine or a true freshman. Either way, I think Shoop can bring pressure and force them into mistakes. We take a huge huge step back in competition this week and I think Shrader could have a big game with us running right at Arkansas. I just think the only way we lose this game this weekend is if we beat ourselves and Arkansas plays a clean game. It could happen but I doubt Arkansas plays a clean game because they haven’t all year. That will get us to the most likely scenario of 5-6 for the Egg with OM at 4-7. Then who knows what will happen...

Liverpooldawg
10-29-2019, 07:55 AM
The division has been happening since last year. The message boards have been insufferable since about October or November of 2018. All of them. It?s been a 50/50 split of fans wanting to get rid of JoMo and those who defend him. Since the Tennessee game this year, it?s been roughly 95/5 of fans wanting to get rid of him vs defend him. I?d of said it would be closer to 100% but obviously there are still a very small small contingent of fans defending JoMo but I think it?s more defending whoever the coach is rather then JoMo himself. Here?s what will happen next and what we don?t want to see (it happened in basketball under Rick Ray) is apathy if we don?t get rid of JoMo. The boards will quit caring about football until JoMo is gone. If that happens, it?s really hard to bring the fans back. Something has to be done and soon. Hopefully some of the posters are right and it will work itself out in late November early December but if he?s here next year I don?t want to see the boards then...

Rick Ray wasn't the only thing that killed basketball attendance. Doing what they did to the Hump combined with him did it. The"ninja" had already runoff the base basketball attendance prior to Ray. When The program cratered under him, the old base wasn't there to backstop attendance and to kickstart it back up when Howland finally got things better.

MStateDawg
10-29-2019, 08:10 AM
Btw ACU is averaging 34pts a game and with a defense that's on Peter Sirmon levels giving up over 30 a game this could definitely be a closer game than some think.

ACU got pounded by a bad North Texas team. A North Texas team that USM beat 45-27.

TrapGame
10-29-2019, 08:18 AM
Us finishing 8-4 next year? Lol. Not as long as this clown is our head coach. If we got 6-6 somehow to finish the season this year, we may go 3-9 next year at best.

New Mexico - Win
@NC State - Toss-up at best, because Slomo can't win on the road without the #1 defense.
Arkansas - Toss-up
Tulane - Toss-up, possible loss if Willie Fritz hasn't taken another job.
A&M - Toss-up at best, but let's be honest, Jimbo vs. Slomo? Jimbo all day, every day.
@Alabama - Loss
@LSU - Loss
Auburn - Loss
Missouri - Toss-up, depends on what they do at QB and with Odom
@Kentucky - Toss-up at best, but Slomo on the road is more than likely a loss.
Alabama A&M - Win
@Ole Miss - Toss-up at best, but Ole Miss looks way better coached than us more times than not at the moment.

That's only two solid wins as long as Slomo is still our coach, but yeah let's talk about going 8-4.

We can't go back to losing the OOC games. Mullen had us beating the teams we needed to beat and competitive in most of the others outside of Bama.

Matt3467
10-29-2019, 09:01 AM
ACU got pounded by a bad North Texas team. A North Texas team that USM beat 45-27.

Yea, I know. I still wouldn't be surprised if it's a tougher game than others think. If we lose this weekend and then get absolutely pounded on by Bama will our team even show up in this game? It's obvious the team has been quitting and it's getting worse every week. I've never seen a lack of effort from a MSU team this bad. I believe I saw a stat that read we led the conference in missed tackles per game at over 13. We had maybe 5 or 6 missed tackles on a freshman tightend last weekend. It's bad.

DudyDawg
10-29-2019, 12:35 PM
Hope Arkansas beats us by 40. Anything to fire Joe is in our long term best interest, imo.

TrapGame
10-29-2019, 12:45 PM

Best team in 20 yrs and he goes 8-5. Having the #1 defense in he country bailed our asses out of some games that would have gotten ugly. The odds of him going 8-4, any season, without the benefit of a top notch defense are slim to none.

Matt3467
10-29-2019, 01:28 PM
Hope Arkansas beats us by 40. Anything to fire Joe is in our long term best interest, imo.

my thought process as well, but I'm beginning to think from what others have been saying that even losing out isn't a guarantee Joe is gone after the season.

DudyDawg
10-29-2019, 02:32 PM
my thought process as well, but I'm beginning to think from what others have been saying that even losing out isn't a guarantee Joe is gone after the season.

That would be disappointing to say the least.