PDA

View Full Version : Buy/Sell: JoMo Coaching for job Saturday

BeastMan
10-28-2019, 10:50 AM
I'm gonna say "buy" but it is certainly not with 100% confidence.

MafiaDawg
10-28-2019, 10:52 AM
The commitment (or lack thereof) by the fans if we lose, will force Cohens hand.

Cooterpoot
10-28-2019, 10:53 AM
Sell- he’s gone regardless

Choctaw Dawg
10-28-2019, 10:54 AM
Lean buy, if he loses the writing is definitely on the wall in the athletic department. Its already been on the wall to most of the fanbase but the athletic department hasn't reacted that way yet. There will be chaos in the athletic department trying to get contacts for coaches next week if he loses saturday

Cooterpoot
10-28-2019, 10:56 AM
Lean buy, if he loses the writing is definitely on the wall in the athletic department. Its already been on the wall to most of the fanbase but the athletic department hasn't reacted that way yet. There will be chaos in the athletic department trying to get contacts for coaches next week if he loses saturday

That’s already happening

bluelightstar
10-28-2019, 10:57 AM
Buy. I'll say that losing to Arkansas should end him, but beating Arkansas shouldn't save him.

Randolph Dupree
10-28-2019, 10:57 AM
I think he's gone anyway. Has to be. Not sure how you sell tickets for next year if he stays.

Choctaw Dawg
10-28-2019, 10:58 AM
That’s already happening

I figured, only difference is is that national media is gonna be zeroed in on getting info on who we are contacting, further creating chaos in the athletic department

bulldawg989
10-28-2019, 10:59 AM
Sell, beating Arkansas proves nothing, it's a loser's match and Moorhead won't (nor should he) get any credit for beating arguably the worst team in the SEC.

Losing to Arkansas just confirms what we already know...Joe Moorhead sucks and should be gone as soon as the clocks hits 00:00 on 11/28/19.

Commercecomet24
10-28-2019, 10:59 AM
Sell I believe from what i've heard he's gone no matter what happens(minus beating bama) and winning out(not happening).

Really Clark?
10-28-2019, 11:01 AM

Chaos occurred after UT loss. There was already rumblings but UT caused athletic dept and admin to start strategizing how we need to respond going forward with different scenarios of win-losses, competitiveness, etc. It’s been going on for weeks now

gtowndawg
It's simply 1 of 3 he has to win to remain.

meanwhile, he (Joe) is putting John Wooden quotes on Twitter this morning. That should correct the problem (eyeroll).

Coursesuper
That’s already happening

It better be, what firm is being used to gauge interest?

BeardoMSU

This is what I hope as well. Him beating a hapless Arkansas will bring me zero confidence in his abilities to coach us to improvement going forward. ZERO.

ckDOG
10-28-2019, 11:02 AM
I think he?s already a dead man walking.

Amended buy / sell.

If we lose, we lock the bus doors and leave his ass in Fayetteville.

TrapGame
10-28-2019, 11:03 AM

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Some of y'all refuse to see we have already imploded as a team. He's done. The measuring stick is not, and never was, Arkansas. We've already had those games and he FAILED miserably. He is gone no matter what happens with this game.

bluelightstar
10-28-2019, 11:06 AM
I think he?s already a dead man walking.

Amended buy / sell.

If we lose, we lock the bus doors and leave his ass in Fayetteville.

A tarmac firing sure would be therapeutic.**

Johnson85
10-28-2019, 11:06 AM

I say hold. I don't think beating this Arky and UM at this point should really move the needle, but I'm still not sure he's fired if we go 5-7. I would hope that we at least have some serious and detailed conversations with agents and only keep Moorhead if we are just completely unhappy with our options, but I don't know where the decionmakers heads are at. I have no inside knowledge, but would not be surprised at all if Joe gets another year if he loses to Arky and Bama but beats AC and UM. I would think that's the wrong decision, but I would not be surprised by it and would probably guess that it's somewhere around 50/50 he comes back if that happens.

Commercecomet24
10-28-2019, 11:07 AM
Chaos occurred after UT loss. There was already rumblings but UT caused athletic dept and admin to start strategizing how we need to respond going forward with different scenarios of win-losses, competitiveness, etc. It’s been going on for weeks now

This. There was a lot of uneasiness prior to UT but with that loss joe became humpty dumpty.

shoeless joe
10-28-2019, 11:08 AM
If beating the worst team the SEC has produced in decades gets you another year then we’ve got multiple issues. I’ve been hoping for the Monday press conference announcing his dismissal for weeks.

Johnson85
10-28-2019, 11:09 AM
Sell I believe from what i've heard he's gone no matter what happens(minus beating bama) and winning out(not happening).

I would like to believe that but I still cannot believe we'll pull the trigger on firing a coach coming off his second straight bowl game, even if it is obvious he has us moving in the wrong direction. Too many built in excuses between Mullen leaving him major talent gaps and suspensions and QB injuries, etc.

Commercecomet24
10-28-2019, 11:13 AM
I would like to believe that but I still cannot believe we'll pull the trigger on firing a coach coming off his second straight bowl game, even if it is obvious he has us moving in the wrong direction. Too many built in excuses between Mullen leaving him major talent gaps and suspensions and QB injuries, etc.

I wouldn't have believed it either but that ut game rattled a lot of peoples cages. We'll see how it all plays out but it looks like joes a dead man walking. Heck we might only win one more game and then the point is moot for sure.

TrapGame
10-28-2019, 11:20 AM

The overall health of the team is on life support. This is not just wins and losses. It's who you have beaten and how bad were the losses. Plus, what is the moral of the team. We aren't playing hard and discipline is downright shitty. The team has imploded and Moorhead ain't getting them back next season. It will get worse.

RiverCityDawg
10-28-2019, 11:21 AM
Buy. I'll say that losing to Arkansas should end him, but beating Arkansas shouldn't save him.

Same. I'm tempted to say a loss Saturday should lead to an immediate firing, but not sure it does any good regarding recruiting or current players leaving. But Cohen damn sure better start the replacement process in earnest (if he hasn't already).

Coursesuper
10-28-2019, 11:24 AM
The overall health of the team is on life support. This is not just wins and losses. It's who you have beaten and how bad were the losses. Plus, what is the moral of the team. We aren't playing hard and discipline is downright shitty. The team has imploded and Moorhead ain't getting them back next season. It will get worse.

Yep.

Op4isabitch
10-28-2019, 11:26 AM
He gone! Even Finebaum is fanning the flames. We have invested to much in the program to allow it to be totally submerged, react swiftly and make a good hire to replace Joe and all won’t be completely sunk.

MadDawg
10-28-2019, 11:26 AM

Commercecomet24
10-28-2019, 11:29 AM

Yeah I was still supporting joe until ut. We had 2 weeks to prepare and it looked like we didn't even practice and we've totally regressed since the uk game and it's gotten progressively worse each week. Saturday only a few players even acted like they cared and that's a problem that's almost irreversible with a sitting coach.

R2Dawg
10-28-2019, 11:29 AM

If he goes 6-6, he is not being fired. Our best hope is he takes another job. Unless something changes, I see 4-8 coming. I would like to see some leadership among the players right now. Meet separate and rally to play with pride in yourself, your school, your family. Doesn't matter who is coach or not. This coaching mess could unite this team.

Bothrops
10-28-2019, 11:31 AM
If we lose to Arkansas, he will lose all support from every direction. In that case, his fate is sealed.

HancockCountyDog
10-28-2019, 11:34 AM

He is coaching for his job on Thanksgiving.

We are not firing a coach that beats the bears. Not with 3 years remaining on the deal.

Now if he goes 5-7 and loses to them - all bets are off.

Coursesuper
10-28-2019, 11:37 AM
He is coaching for his job on Thanksgiving.

We are not firing a coach that beats the bears. Not with 3 years remaining on the deal.

Now if he goes 5-7 and loses to them - all bets are off.

We couldn't beat them on the beatingest day of the year with an electrified beating machine.

Dolphus Raymond
10-28-2019, 11:37 AM
Sell. "The die is cast."

Cooterpoot
10-28-2019, 11:41 AM
It's simply 1 of 3 he has to win to remain.

meanwhile, he (Joe) is putting John Wooden quotes on Twitter this morning. That should correct the problem (eyeroll).

Not true at all

HancockCountyDog
10-28-2019, 11:49 AM
We couldn't beat them on the beatingest day of the year with an electrified beating machine.

I understand how frustrated everyone is. The bears are terrible. We are at home. We will win that game.

I'm not saying Joe should get another year or not, but we are winning that game.

RiverCityDawg
10-28-2019, 11:51 AM
Not true at all

What percentages would you put on Joe getting fired if we go 6-6 vs 5-7 vs 4-8?

Coursesuper
10-28-2019, 11:54 AM
I understand how frustrated everyone is. The bears are terrible. We are at home. We will win that game.

I'm not saying Joe should get another year or not, but we are winning that game.

They may not be good, but they are playing hard and as a team and have a solid plan on both sides of the ball. MSU on the other hand is a cluster 17 and has a whole lot of quit in them right now.

HancockCountyDog
10-28-2019, 11:57 AM
They may not be good, but they are playing hard and as a team and have a solid plan on both sides of the ball. MSU on the other hand is a cluster 17 and has a whole lot of quit in them right now.

I watched that A&M game - its hard for me to say the bears have a coherent plan on offense. They have a talented player in Ealy and some solid veteran DL. Their OL is a trainwreck and I have no idea what they are doing on offense, except guaranteeing that at least one, but possibly two freshman QB's transfer after this year.

Their passing game involves just throwing bombs on third and short. They are more than just beatable. I expect to be at least a TD favorite and to win the game handedly.

I say this, despite hating what Joe has done to our offense and our team.

BeastMan
10-28-2019, 12:04 PM
Sell- he?s gone regardless

With your JoMo track record I?ll take your word for it lol

Coursesuper
10-28-2019, 12:04 PM
I watched that A&M game - its hard for me to say the bears have a coherent plan on offense. They have a talented player in Ealy and some solid veteran DL. Their OL is a trainwreck and I have no idea what they are doing on offense, except guaranteeing that at least one, but possibly two freshman QB's transfer after this year.

Their passing game involves just throwing bombs on third and short. They are more than just beatable. I expect to be at least a TD favorite and to win the game handedly.

You have your opinion and are entitled to it.

Johnson85
10-28-2019, 12:23 PM

I know there is no transitive property of football, but I don't see why we would be a touchdown favorite against a team that hung with A&M. We are getting worse. They seem to be staying the same. We are quitting, they seem to still be playing hard? Just seems like another game this year that we should win but won't, along with KSU and UT.

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2019, 01:22 PM
I know there is no transitive property of football, but I don't see why we would be a touchdown favorite against a team that hung with A&M. We are getting worse. They seem to be staying the same. We are quitting, they seem to still be playing hard? Just seems like another game this year that we should win but won't, along with KSU and UT.

They are getting better and playing hard?

Have you not watched Arkansas? Bama scores 40 in the first half.

Commercecomet24
10-28-2019, 01:24 PM

Correct. Neither us nor Arky are playing hard. This may be the ugliest sec game in history.

Really Clark?
10-28-2019, 01:50 PM

I think it depends on what ARK game you watch. Them vs Texas A & M...Yeah they look better and play harder. Just we don’t know which ARK team we get. I also fully expect Bama to hang at least 40 on us in the first half as well. This could be a putrid game vs ARK if both teams play down to their horrendous potential. May be first time SEC network switches from football to women’s soccer or volleyball at the half

Johnson85
10-28-2019, 02:03 PM

I missed that Ealy ended up going to the Arkansas Bears.

Even so, I said they seem to be staying the same.

gtowndawg
10-28-2019, 02:08 PM
Not true at all

If we end up 6-6, I just don't see him getting fired. I'd be shocked. I'm sure coaching changes will be forced on him but not outright fired.

Note: we're not going 6-6 so none of this matters anyway.

TrapGame
10-28-2019, 02:15 PM
If we end up 6-6, I just don't see him getting fired. I'd be shocked. I'm sure coaching changes will be forced on him but not outright fired.

Note: we're not going 6-6 so none of this matters anyway.

Going 6-6 and keeping Joe is like being in a failed marriage but you're gonna give marriage counseling one more shot. It rarely works.

ckDOG
10-28-2019, 02:17 PM
6-6 + Probation + Soft Team + No signs of Improvement should equal GTFO. But alas....Emstate

War Machine Dawg
10-28-2019, 04:50 PM

Buy in bulk. It shouldn't but LT 2.0 is in charge. Lose to UPig and 4-8 is a certainty. And I wouldn't put it past AC to give us a close game. That said, I hope it's sell because we can get him hired somewhere else or fan apathy is so apparent that the admin's hand is forced into change.

Coursesuper
10-28-2019, 04:59 PM
Speaking of fan apathy, the crowd for the Bammer game should be one to see. We could be very close to being outnumbered in our own house for that one. That, if we don't get past Arkansas Sat afternoon.

OLJWales
10-28-2019, 06:08 PM
It blows my mind we are even HAVING this discussion. Time after Time after Time. Get an opportunity to push confederates into the burial suit and we just jack off in our own hair. Another Golden Opportunity gone down the shitter. We could be a decent program if we could dominate the state but we refuse to do the things needed.

timotheus
10-28-2019, 06:31 PM
And that lies at the feet of John Cohen.

R2Dawg
10-28-2019, 06:43 PM
What percentages would you put on Joe getting fired if we go 6-6 vs 5-7 vs 4-8?

Good question. I'd say 99.9% at 4-8, 90% at 5-7, 20% or less at 6-6.

dawgday166
10-28-2019, 06:45 PM
It blows my mind we are even HAVING this discussion. Time after Time after Time. Get an opportunity to push confederates into the burial suit and we just jack off in our own hair. Another Golden Opportunity gone down the shitter. We could be a decent program if we could dominate the state but we refuse to do the things needed.

It do suck.

Fader21
10-28-2019, 07:10 PM
I don't believe we get to 6 wins but what would yalls feelings be if he got to 6 and won the bowl game?

Botch
10-28-2019, 07:21 PM
6-6 he stays. Anything worse he?s sacked. So, yes, the Arky game is critical.

HailStateSZN19
10-28-2019, 07:36 PM
Sell- he?s gone regardless

Again, I?m somewhat new on here but Cooter I know from reading on here you?re well sourced and one of the most knowledgeable especially as far as what?s going on behind the scenes. Are the wheels legitimately spinning to get him gone? So whether he beats Arky or OM he?s out? And is he looking on his own to get out or will he be encouraged to take a hike? (Assuming we perhaps win 2 or 3 more, which I don?t think we do). Sorry for the several questions but just wanted to get a little more background info on the situation.