PDA

View Full Version : Haven't really seen this name mentioned

MetEdDawg
10-28-2019, 10:46 AM
What about Greg Schiano?

I know he's a New Jersey guy and was connected to Rutgers again with folks saying he declined it. But he was good enough for Tennessee until Fulmer and friends went rouge.

He's got a pedigree of one that could lead to success and I think has the personality to compete in the West

bluelightstar
10-28-2019, 10:47 AM
From all indications, he's almost certainly going home to Rutgers.

shoeless joe
10-28-2019, 10:49 AM
I mentioned him about a month ago. He’s in my top 2 of guys I’d want that we could realistically get

Cooterpoot
10-28-2019, 10:57 AM
He was hated in Tampa. Players turned on him.

TrapGame
10-28-2019, 10:59 AM
https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/hell-naw-gif-8.gif

shoeless joe
10-28-2019, 11:02 AM
He was hated in Tampa. Players turned on him.

Did the dolphins players love Saban?

Really Clark?
10-28-2019, 11:05 AM

Falcon players love Petrino? (Who was a known huge turd over the years)

Spiderman
10-28-2019, 11:17 AM
I mentioned him about a month ago. He’s in my top 2 of guys I’d want that we could realistically get

Lord please no

MetEdDawg
10-28-2019, 11:20 AM
Yeah I'm not counting these NFL head coaching tenures against these guys.

I think his few years in Tampa don't really serve his entire resume the justice it deserves. He's got a good resume and was at a lot of programs when they were doing well.

bobtail bob
10-28-2019, 01:09 PM
Every coach gets turned on in Tampa. I would take him . Somebody will hire him this off season

CoachT14
10-28-2019, 03:04 PM
What about Greg Schiano?

I know he's a New Jersey guy and was connected to Rutgers again with folks saying he declined it. But he was good enough for Tennessee until Fulmer and friends went rouge.

He's got a pedigree of one that could lead to success and I think has the personality to compete in the West

I think it would be a fantastic hire. He took the abyss that Rutgers football and made them extremely competitive. He’s worked under some of the best in the business and he’s got some of the best in the business that vouch for his ability to lead.

dawgs
10-28-2019, 03:20 PM
No. I would burn all my MSU gear and stop supporting all sports and the university as a whole if we hire this pedophile enabler and protector.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/07/12/greg-schiano-tom-bradley-knew-of-jerry-sandusky-abuse-at-penn-state-documents-show/%3foutputType=amp

CoachT14
10-28-2019, 03:24 PM
No. I would burn all my MSU gear and stop supporting all sports and the university as a whole if we hire this pedophile enabler and protector.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/07/12/greg-schiano-tom-bradley-knew-of-jerry-sandusky-abuse-at-penn-state-documents-show/%3foutputType=amp

https://media.tenor.com/images/29d335ae2c08d929ea8bc2973be727c7/tenor.gif

Yes. Let?s convict someone on hearsay. People that have that type of thinking are the worst because you?re no different than social media mob who say you?re guilty until your proven innocent. Screw due process.

Cooterpoot
10-28-2019, 03:34 PM

They didn’t turn on him like the players in Tampa. Hell, the NFL got involved there. Whether that matters or not is debatable but he was pushed out the door while Saban took the best job in college football for $10M. What’s Schiano doing?

Cooterpoot
10-28-2019, 03:36 PM
Falcon players love Petrino? (Who was a known huge turd over the years)

Well, he’s unemployed and was fired at Louisville and Arkansas. So there that. And Schiano probably isn’t a bad coach. But everybody has passed on him and he’s got some baggage.
If we took a chance on him, fine.

Really Clark?
10-28-2019, 03:53 PM

Please get the whole story and facts about McQuerey. He has lied and changed facts too many times to be trustworthy and evidence does not back him up. Never mind this came from a civil trial 3rd party hearsay and denied by the person he alleged said to begin with.

http://www.bigtrial.net/2017/11/another-sandusky-related-victim-of.html?m=1

Really Clark?
10-28-2019, 03:54 PM

Please get the whole story and facts about McQuerey. He has lied and changed facts too many times to be trustworthy and evidence does not back him up. Never mind this came from a civil trial 3rd party hearsay and denied by the person he alleged said to begin with.

TrapGame
10-28-2019, 04:11 PM
Well, he’s unemployed and was fired at Louisville and Arkansas. So there that. And Schiano probably isn’t a bad coach. But everybody has passed on him and he’s got some baggage.

Cooter, you're a hard dude to figure out. You absolutely don't want Clark or Norvell but you'd give Petrino a shot? I don't get that.

Cooterpoot
10-28-2019, 04:16 PM
Cooter, you're a hard dude to figure out. You absolutely don't want Clark or Norvell but you'd give Petrino a shot? I don't get that.

Umm, no. I was referring to Schiano. I wouldn’t really have a problem with him. But he’s a baggage guy.

TrapGame
10-28-2019, 04:18 PM
Umm, no. I was referring to Schiano. I wouldn’t really have a problem with him. But he’s a baggage guy.

Okay. You had me confused there for a minute.

Really Clark?
10-28-2019, 04:20 PM
Well, he?s unemployed and was fired at Louisville and Arkansas. So there that. And Schiano probably isn?t a bad coach. But everybody has passed on him and he?s got some baggage.

Honestly he is down my list. Big concern he may be burned out and with how Tenn falsely burned him...I have concerns

MetEdDawg
10-28-2019, 05:20 PM
Honestly he is down my list. Big concern he may be burned out and with how Tenn falsely burned him...I have concerns

See I think the opposite. Tennessee burning him might give him the fuel he needs to want to destroy folks.

Really Clark?
10-28-2019, 05:26 PM
See I think the opposite. Tennessee burning him might give him the fuel he needs to want to destroy folks.

I really don’t think so I mean he was about to be the DC with the Patriots...winning a SuperBowl would shut those mouth breathers up a lot more than being HC of Rutgers or Us. Then his statements about not uprooting his family and wanting to spend time with them. A lot caution with him

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nesn.com/2019/04/nfl-rumors-heres-why-greg-schiano-resigned-as-patriots-defensive-coordinator/amp/

CoachT14
10-28-2019, 09:16 PM

At this point, anybody who tries to make these claims against Schiano is someone who is way too emotional, has no logical thinking skills, and doesn't believe in a person's right to due process.

The guy was raked over the coals for third party hearsay by Tennessee folks and that's completely unfair to him and his family. No one deserves what happened to him. Pruitt has obviously turned the corner to an extent, but if he ends up flaming out completely, they deserve that for what they did to Schiano.

dawgs
10-29-2019, 12:20 AM
Y'all act like Schiano is saban or something. Dude had a nice run at Rutgers over a decade ago. How's it worked out for UCLA trying to recapture that chip kelly/Oregon magic from a decade ago? This is NOT someone worth risking the university's reputation over. I am thinking logically when I say that I don't want him at MSU, and I believe in due process, but due process is for court and we are talking about paying a guy $4M/year to coach football and be the most recognizable face employed by the university.

CoachT14
10-29-2019, 06:33 AM
Y'all act like Schiano is saban or something. Dude had a nice run at Rutgers over a decade ago. How's it worked out for UCLA trying to recapture that chip kelly/Oregon magic from a decade ago? This is NOT someone worth risking the university's reputation over. I am thinking logically when I say that I don't want him at MSU, and I believe in due process, but due process is for court and we are talking about paying a guy $4M/year to coach football and be the most recognizable face employed by the university.

You just stated you burn your MSU gear and stop supporting him based on third person hearsay and when you get burned you walked it back. Just admit you spoke on something with emotion and not actually doing any real looking into the story. Don't try and act like you care about due process now. You should completely care about due process even outside of the court because it effects all walks of life, not just a court setting. I'd take him over several of the names that keep getting mentioned, no doubt in my mind.

dawgs
10-29-2019, 11:25 AM
You just stated you burn your MSU gear and stop supporting him based on third person hearsay and when you get burned you walked it back. Just admit you spoke on something with emotion and not actually doing any real looking into the story. Don't try and act like you care about due process now. You should completely care about due process even outside of the court because it effects all walks of life, not just a court setting. I'd take him over several of the names that keep getting mentioned, no doubt in my mind.

I don't want the most recognizable face employed at MSU being intricately tied to a horrifying pedophile cover up, even if it's just rumors and hearsay. It would disgust me. Sucks for Schiano, but he's still got himself a nice career and he is still able to get work and still get paid handsomely for his work, he just doesn't need to be the face of a program. Sorry, some shit is so awful, it's not worth attaching ourselves to. I would do the same shit if we wanted to hire Art Briles. Sometimes shit is bigger than football. Call it being irrationally emotional of you wanna deflect, but the stench is there. And anyone deluding themselves into thinking this drum wouldn't be beat to shit on the crootin' trail has their head in the sand. Hard to get mama on board when every coach keeps bringing up pedophilia when recruiting against us.

So on a personal level, I'd be out. From an objective practical view, it wouldn't end well for us either.

Really Clark?
10-29-2019, 11:45 AM
I don't want the most recognizable face employed at MSU being intricately tied to a horrifying pedophile cover up, even if it's just rumors and hearsay. It would disgust me. Sucks for Schiano, but he's still got himself a nice career and he is still able to get work and still get paid handsomely for his work, he just doesn't need to be the face of a program. Sorry, some shit is so awful, it's not worth attaching ourselves to. I would do the same shit if we wanted to hire Art Briles. Sometimes shit is bigger than football. Call it being irrationally emotional of you wanna deflect, but the stench is there. And anyone deluding themselves into thinking this drum wouldn't be beat to shit on the crootin' trail has their head in the sand. Hard to get mama on board when every coach keeps bringing up pedophilia when recruiting against us.

So on a personal level, I'd be out. From an objective practical view, it wouldn't end well for us either.

It’s not even close to the same level as Art Briles, who had knowledge of at least his staff covering up rapes (the final verdict Could out through trials). Comparing that to one guy giving erroneous testimony about what someone else said to him about Schiano. He is not or never have been “intricately” tied to Sandusky. That’s just a plan false accusation. This deposition was part of his own lawsuit against Penn St and never had he ever “revealed” or made up this 3rd party hearsay before. No records were every found about Bradley or Schiano in any form knew or covered up what went own. You can take what ever stand you wish but to put him and Briles situation in the same universe is dishonest to due process and a persons integrity. And it didn’t stop the Patriots from hiring him to be their DC.

dawgs
10-29-2019, 12:07 PM
It’s not even close to the same level as Art Briles, who had knowledge of at least his staff covering up rapes (the final verdict Could out through trials). Comparing that to one guy giving erroneous testimony about what someone else said to him about Schiano. He is not or never have been “intricately” tied to Sandusky. That’s just a plan false accusation. This deposition was part of his own lawsuit against Penn St and never had he ever “revealed” or made up this 3rd party hearsay before. No records were every found about Bradley or Schiano in any form knew or covered up what went own. You can take what ever stand you wish but to put him and Briles situation in the same universe is dishonest to due process and a persons integrity. And it didn’t stop the Patriots from hiring him to be their DC.

I already pointed out that he has a nice, lucrative career and this hasn't kept him from achieving that. I just don't think he needs to be the face of the program (or franchise in the nfl). A coordinator position isn't the face of the program. Way different when Belichick, Brady, and kraft get all the attention than when he would be the guy getting all the attention. He also resigned shortly after taking the gig for undisclosed reasons. Sorry I don't want anyone associated with the Sandusky shit for personal reasons while also believing its be a disaster for practical reasons.

Really Clark?
10-29-2019, 01:02 PM
I already pointed out that he has a nice, lucrative career and this hasn't kept him from achieving that. I just don't think he needs to be the face of the program (or franchise in the nfl). A coordinator position isn't the face of the program. Way different when Belichick, Brady, and kraft get all the attention than when he would be the guy getting all the attention. He also resigned shortly after taking the gig for undisclosed reasons. Sorry I don't want anyone associated with the Sandusky shit for personal reasons while also believing its be a disaster for practical reasons.

That's the thing, we was NEVER associated with Sandusky until McQuerey made a hearsay statement about hearsay. And he never remembered that conversation with Bradley (who has denied ever making the statements McQuerey claims) until he decided to file a lawsuit. With all of the documented evidence that was discovered as cover-up, there was never anything about Bradley or Schanio, witnessing or even having knowledge of some sort of cover-up. But we do have evidence of McQuerey doing the bare minimum (per the AG statement "met the minimum obligation in reporting it up, but did not in my opinion meet a moral obligation that all of us would have." ) to report a scene that he was THE material witness too. He lied about reporting to the police as well. They never received any information from McQuerey about the incident. Then 9 years later it took the Penn AG's office to confront him to even get his account of the incident? And all through the grand jury, legal trials...Bradley and Schanio were never mentioned by him...but he sure threw their name out there when he filed a lawsuit.

And talk about someone who actually was intricately involved, he heard some sort of slapping sound coming from the showers, went to look and saw a young boy and Sandusky in a towel, both wet, Sandusky's hands around the boys waste and all he did was the bare min to CYA? Did he check on the boy, get a name, go APE SHIT on Sandusky? NO. To this day he does not even know who the kid was. That is the guy who is the only person to link Bradley, who allegedly per McQuerey because Bradley denies it, that Schanio also saw something? McQuerey thought when the AG came to interview him, 9 years after the incident that it was going to be over something else involving him. 9 YEARS and yes he told Jo Pa (who is guilty as well), Trustee, his daddy and a friend but didn't check on the boy? Lied about telling the authorities. The Penn AG, FBI, etc. never found any evidence nor was there any rumor what so ever, with all of the 1,000's of documents and interviews, Schanio's name was never brought up. Sorry I'm not buying what McQuerey was peddling

dawgs
10-29-2019, 03:34 PM
It's cool if you don't mind defending a guy associated with a pedophile (even if it's just hearsay). I don't want to and I don't want him representing me as the face of our university, so if he were to become the coach, they can count on 1 less fan/booster over here. You may not care, but to act like everyone else won't care and it won't be a bad look for the university and the program to many people is some serious head in the sand shit. It's not like he's a sure fire successful hire either, so why not just pick someone else qualified that doesn't have something tied to them that will 100% upset, anger, and alienate a chunk of our fans?

Johnson85
10-29-2019, 03:48 PM
It's cool if you don't mind defending a guy associated with a pedophile (even if it's just hearsay). I don't want to and I don't want him representing me as the face of our university, so if he were to become the coach, they can count on 1 less fan/booster over here. You may not care, but to act like everyone else won't care and it won't be a bad look for the university and the program to many people is some serious head in the sand shit. It's not like he's a sure fire successful hire either, so why not just pick someone else qualified that doesn't have something tied to them that will 100% upset, anger, and alienate a chunk of our fans?

Just so people know, I heard that McQuerey said dawgs had intimate knowledge of Sandusky's activities. And dawgs can't deny it, because he would never defend a guy associated with a pedophile, even if it's just hearsay. I mean once you have something as solid as hearsay from an unreliable witness, there's not much to do but wash your hands of a guy like dawgs who has been associated with a pedophile.

dawgs
10-29-2019, 03:54 PM
Just so people know, I heard that McQuerey said dawgs had intimate knowledge of Sandusky's activities. And dawgs can't deny it, because he would never defend a guy associated with a pedophile, even if it's just hearsay. I mean once you have something as solid as hearsay from an unreliable witness, there's not much to do but wash your hands of a guy like dawgs who has been associated with a pedophile.

Were you or I penn state coaches during this time frame where it's reasonable one or both of us would have seen, heard, or known something? It wasn't like Schiano was coaching in California and mcquerey was in Georgia and he starts saying baseless stuff where it's unreasonable to think either of them would have knowledge.

Also, can I continue my career knowing that my ceiling is capped at being just the 2nd in command at my company and only make around $1M?

Really Clark?
10-29-2019, 03:54 PM

He IS NOT associated with a pedophile. That’s the point. There is absolutely no evidence, collaborating statements, witness, etc. that has ever stated that Schanio witnessed, knew about, overheard, etc. anything about Sandusky. It is the same as a pedophile working at the same place you did, sexually abused a child at your work place and someone 15-20 years later making up a hearsay comment that someone else told him you knew about it. That should effect you and your career? You had no clue, there is no evidence or witnesses saying you knew about it but you think it would be completely fair for you to be labeled as being associated with a pedophile and knew about the incident? But it is never alleged by anyone, including the person who made the allegation, until he filed a civil suit looking for money? BS. There is no way you would be ok with that.

It a false story from a person who has been proven to lie to CYA in a incident in which he, McQuerey was a first party witness and he did the bare min to help that child. That is the person you should feel outrage about not Schanio. Your entitled to your opinion, but at least have the integrity, which is your stance in a nutshell about who you want to represent the program, to justly accuse the true person associate with Sandusky. Not false accusations. Come on. And I don’t even want him to be our coach really but at least have integrity about what is truthful and just in this situation.

dawgs
10-29-2019, 03:57 PM
**** it, y'all have at Schiano. It'll be a disgrace on the university you all claim to love so much, but sure, he's absolutely worth that baggage and I'm sure he'll win spectacularly despite it. I'll save my money for other shit in life.

Really Clark?
10-29-2019, 04:00 PM
Were you or I penn state coaches during this time frame where it's reasonable one or both of us would have seen, heard, or known something? It wasn't like Schiano was coaching in California and mcquerey was in Georgia and he starts saying baseless stuff where it's unreasonable to think either of them would have knowledge.

Also, can I continue my career knowing that my ceiling is capped at being just the 2nd in command at my company and only make around $1M?

Why should your career be capped and your reputation hurt over false 3rd party hearsay? That a crap stance and no you would it be OK with it and everyone on here would not be OK with it. The Attorney General, the former FBI investigator, the third party investigators....NOBODY ever found evidence or ever had anyone implicate Schanio, including McQuerey himself, until McQuerey field a lawsuit years after the alleged third party hearsay took place. It is as baseless of a rumor as you get

dawgs
10-29-2019, 04:03 PM
Why should your career be capped and your reputation hurt over false 3rd party hearsay? That a crap stance and no you would it be OK with it and everyone on here would not be OK with it. The Attorney General, the former FBI investigator, the third party investigators....NOBODY ever found evidence or ever had anyone implicate Schanio, including McQuerey himself, until McQuerey field a lawsuit years after the alleged third party hearsay took place. It is as baseless of a rumor as you get

Someone else can hire him, I don't want him at our university. Hiring decisions swing on much less, so it's really weird to me that folks can't understand why this would be factor when we are hiring only the highest paid employee in the state.

Really Clark?
10-29-2019, 04:04 PM
**** it, y'all have at Schiano. It'll be a disgrace on the university you all claim to love so much, but sure, he's absolutely worth that baggage and I'm sure he'll win spectacularly despite it. I'll save my money for other shit in life.

I don’t even want him to be our coach. But dang I do want what is fair and truthful to be above this or any other university. You don’t even care about the truth just false association, and you want to preach about integrity. You need to check your integrity, if all it takes is baseless accusations for you label someone. Sorry if that’s harsh but come on man

Really Clark?
10-29-2019, 04:09 PM
Someone else can hire him, I don't want him at our university. Hiring decisions swing on much less, so it's really weird to me that folks can't understand why this would be factor when we are hiring only the highest paid employee in the state.

Factor, ok but it takes about 2 seconds and calls to the third parties who actually investigated this horrific act to learn they never heard, seen, been alluded to by 3rd party individuals, etc. until McQuerey (who had already testified and gave depositions years prior, never uttered a word about this) until he gave a deposition in his lawsuit. Abundance of investigators and people who worked on the case came out in the defense of Bradley and Schanio because that had never been alleged prior. The AG office had to investigate it after it came out and did the same thing. There was nothing to that hearsay.

Johnson85
10-29-2019, 04:53 PM
I don’t even want him to be our coach. But dang I do want what is fair and truthful to be above this or any other university. You don’t even care about the truth just false association, and you want to preach about integrity. You need to check your integrity, if all it takes is baseless accusations for you label someone. Sorry if that’s harsh but come on man

Why are you wasting your time arguing with somebody associated with a pedophile. And not just once, but twice. Not only did McQuerey say dawgs had intimate knowledge of Sandusky, I heard from Jan in accounting where dawgs worked 6 years ago that dawgs knew about their assistant manager inappropriately touching children and he didn't do anything about it or tell anybody. So he's associated with two pedophiles, including one where he worked, so he's really not worth arguing with.

Really Clark?
10-29-2019, 05:33 PM
Why are you wasting your time arguing with somebody associated with a pedophile. And not just once, but twice. Not only did McQuerey say dawgs had intimate knowledge of Sandusky, I heard from Jan in accounting where dawgs worked 6 years ago that dawgs knew about their assistant manager inappropriately touching children and he didn't do anything about it or tell anybody. So he's associated with two pedophiles, including one where he worked, so he's really not worth arguing with.

You are right.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Johnson85 again.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-29-2019, 11:07 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/29d335ae2c08d929ea8bc2973be727c7/tenor.gif

Yes. Let?s convict someone on hearsay. People that have that type of thinking are the worst because you?re no different than social media mob who say you?re guilty until your proven innocent. Screw due process.

Look on the bright side. This may be a way to get rid of the dumbass portion of our fanbase.

CoachT14
10-30-2019, 07:08 AM

He should definitely lose posting privileges for being involved with a pedophile.