PDA

View Full Version : We have a unique opportunity...

wild_dawg
10-28-2019, 08:57 AM
I don't know if this will happen, but I don't think its out of the realm of possibility....

We get to "hit rock bottom", be 6-6, and right the ship with a new coach. Rock bottom for us, historically, is 2-10.

I'm afraid if we don't take this opportunity, it'll only go down field and we will actually hit rock bottom. I'm not a knee jerk reaction kind of guy, but I am done with Joe Moorhead. I was at the game Saturday and the team looked absolutely lifeless. When we came out onto the field after halftime we half assed all of our warmups and I knew we were done. I have seen NOTHING to suggest that we are moving in the right direction. I mean my gosh we cant even get a damn play in in 40 seconds. Put my ass on the field and pay me millions of dollars and I'll get the damn play in. In a way, I feel bad for the players, they need a leader. You can see the talent, but no one is there to polish it. Cohen HAS to do the right thing here and regardless of the final record realize this isn't going to work. He sees what we see, so we will see what happens...

bluelightstar
10-28-2019, 09:04 AM
I don't know if this will happen, but I don't think its out of the realm of possibility....

We get to "hit rock bottom", be 6-6, and right the ship with a new coach. Rock bottom for us, historically, is 2-10.

I'm afraid if we don't take this opportunity, it'll only go down field and we will actually hit rock bottom. I'm not a knee jerk reaction kind of guy, but I am done with Joe Moorhead. I was at the game Saturday and the team looked absolutely lifeless. When we came out onto the field after halftime we half assed all of our warmups and I knew we were done. I have seen NOTHING to suggest that we are moving in the right direction. I mean my gosh we cant even get a damn play in in 40 seconds. Put my ass on the field and pay me millions of dollars and I'll get the damn play in. In a way, I feel bad for the players, they need a leader. You can see the talent, but no one is there to polish it. Cohen HAS to do the right thing here and regardless of the final record realize this isn't going to work. He sees what we see, so we will see what happens...

Did you see the strength coach keep blowing the whistle trying to get players to run to the sidelines coming out of the tunnel after half? If that's who we are, the players would already be doing it. Just another example of "too little, too late."

Next coach also needs to bring back some professionalism. Suits for the Dawg Walk, not track suits.

wild_dawg
10-28-2019, 09:07 AM
Did you see the strength coach keep blowing the whistle trying to get players to run to the sidelines coming out of the tunnel after half? If that's who we are, the players would already be doing it. Just another example of "too little, too late."

Next coach also needs to bring back some professionalism. Suits for the Dawg Walk, not track suits.

Yep, some just jogged right past him...

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2019, 09:07 AM
They've lost control of the team & ability to inspire. Regardless of the reasons, they players no longer trust this staff.

Bo Bounds is saying we are "knee jerk" this morning, but that's ridiculous. Anyone with a brain can see we are terribly coached

Leeshouldveflanked
10-28-2019, 09:17 AM
Yep, some just jogged right past him...

Was Cohen there to see that or was he celebrating the big win at ?The Darty Party??

Coursesuper
10-28-2019, 09:31 AM
They've lost control of the team & ability to inspire. Regardless of the reasons, they players no longer trust this staff.

Bo Bounds is saying we are "knee jerk" this morning, but that's ridiculous. Anyone with a brain can see we are terribly coached

I wonder who fed Bo that line? This is the kind of thing that worries me, this is the exact type of BS I expect to hear if the Admin is planning on keeping this staff.

DownwardDawg
10-28-2019, 09:43 AM
If Bo really thinks that, he is an idiot. Anyone with half a brain can see what is happening. National sports media knows that joe is destroying our program. My Bama buddy actually feels sorry for me. When he and I talk football, you can tell he’s uncomfortable. He doesn’t know what to say. He’s embarrassed for me.

TrapGame
10-28-2019, 09:48 AM

You and I both know Bo Bounds knows jack shit. He also started talking about losing to Arkansas, or even just to om, triggering Keenum to make the call.

Johnson85
10-28-2019, 10:13 AM

We are not getting a new head coach if we go 6-6; I think whatever shot he had at the Rutgers job is gone. Our options are to go 6-6 and hope he improves this off season, or to go 4-8 and get a new coach. The really scary possibility is going 5-7. If we go 5-7, do we get a new coach?

AROB44
10-28-2019, 11:36 AM
Was Cohen there to see that or was he celebrating the big win at ?The Darty Party??

You have some serious Cohen hate....Why? Just curious.

AROB44
10-28-2019, 11:38 AM
We are not getting a new head coach if we go 6-6; I think whatever shot he had at the Rutgers job is gone. Our options are to go 6-6 and hope he improves this off season, or to go 4-8 and get a new coach. The really scary possibility is going 5-7. If we go 5-7, do we get a new coach?

I wouldn't bet on this....

R2Dawg
10-28-2019, 12:05 PM
If Bo really thinks that, he is an idiot. Anyone with half a brain can see what is happening. National sports media knows that joe is destroying our program. My Bama buddy actually feels sorry for me. When he and I talk football, you can tell he’s uncomfortable. He doesn’t know what to say. He’s embarrassed for me.

I have got the same thing. Live in Bama and have lots of them and they won't even bring it up now. They see it plain as day too. Bama fans remember the Shula, Fran, Price years.

Johnson85
10-28-2019, 12:40 PM
I wouldn't bet on this....

I will bet on this. Not a lot because I don't have any inside info. I just think the odds are that we are not going to fire a 6-6 head coach in their second season, and we are not going to get lucky by him leaving. I think it's going to be a moot issue b/c I don't think we're going 6-6.

Cooterpoot
10-28-2019, 12:45 PM
Why do people continue to talk about ?our history?? Everything changed with a 12 game schedule and the creation of the P5s. TV contracts etc too. We used to be an equal to USM basically. Now, we?re a top 30 program basically. It?s time our fans understand that.
That’s why a quick change is fine. Plus, we’re now a faster paced society that expects faster results. Moorhead has hurt us.

Commercecomet24
10-28-2019, 12:54 PM
Why do people continue to talk about ?our history?? Everything changed with a 12 game schedule and the creation of the P5s. TV contracts etc too. We used to be an equal to USM basically. Now, we?re a top 30 program basically. It?s time our fans understand that.
That?s why a quick change is fine. Plus, we?re now a faster paced society that expects faster results. Moorhead has hurt us.

This is correct. It's not 20 years ago. Times have changed.

There's a saying "it's not the big that eat the small it's the fast that eat the slow". If you're slow making changes you're not gonna be successful.

timotheus
10-28-2019, 07:28 PM
You have some serious Cohen hate....Why? Just curious.

Cohen hired Joe.

Todd4State
10-28-2019, 07:36 PM

Your problem is assuming Bo Bounds has a brain. He is about as qualified as Finebaum is to talk about sports.

Todd4State
10-28-2019, 07:39 PM
This is correct. It's not 20 years ago. Times have changed.

There's a saying "it's not the big that eat the small it's the fast that eat the slow". If you're slow making changes you're not gonna be successful.

Yep. MSU fans we’re now at a point where we should win 7-8 a year and 6 is the floor and 10 is probably the ceiling. We’re not your Daddy’s MSU. But we don’t act like it sometimes.

Dawgfan77
10-28-2019, 07:46 PM
We had a unique opportunity to hire a sitting HC from a non power 5. We hired an Oc