PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Post A&M tweets:

TrapGame
10-28-2019, 08:19 AM
Cole Cubelic:
MISSISSIPPI STATE:
One of the worst tackling performances I?ve seen this season. Play seemed uninspired. Sloppy. Flags & turnovers were rough. More Hill helped but need balance & consistency in pass game. OL inconsistent. Next week becomes must win.

Aaron Torres: (Fox Sports Radio)
If it wasn't official before its official now: Mississippi State has quit on Joe Moorhead. Defense is out there not even trying anymore.

This is not a rebuild. It's a full on demolition. We are back to 2005 status and it only took 1.5 seasons to get there. Joe Moorhead cannot have a third season. Beating Arkansas is irrelevant.

DownwardDawg
10-28-2019, 08:32 AM
I agree. Regardless of what happens against Arkansas and ole miss, he should be done at State.

Really Clark?
10-28-2019, 08:37 AM
It’s very plain to see. A win over ARK and AC doesn’t mean anything. If we get the ARK that played Texas A & M, we won’t win the game on the road. But they have about quit on Morris as well. This could be one if the ugliest cripple fights the SEC has seen in a while.

Commercecomet24
10-28-2019, 08:38 AM
Can't argue with any of that

gtowndawg
10-28-2019, 09:52 AM
They are going thru the motions, plain and simple. They want the season over just like the rest of us.

Johnson85
10-28-2019, 10:04 AM
I agree. Regardless of what happens against Arkansas and ole miss, he should be done at State.

If Joe beats Arkansas and Ole Miss, he will be back next year. Whether he should be back or not, we don't fire coaches that go 6-6 in a year that was supposed to be a "relative" down year, and in which case the best player on the defense, and probably the most important player on the defense, and then some key backups, are suspended for 8 games. I would normally call it ridiculous that you would even contemplate a coach being fired after 6-6, but if we get to 6 wins, it will be the least impressive six wins in a season I have ever seen a MSU team have a chance to acquire.

That said, if he gets to 6, just start hoping for Joe to kill it in recruiting and to also get some coaching help this off season, because he will be back next year if he gets to 6.

Ari Gold
10-28-2019, 10:07 AM
This is the reason JC needs to pull the plug after this year regardless.
To save his ass, and here is why
Everyone missed on this hire. No one outside of MSU said this was a bad hire not even an “iffy” hire.. he was possible the next big thing in the coaching ranks . Would be at MSU 3-4 and then get a big time gig.
And those that were skeptical and I don’t remember if any were because of the wrong reasons. Wasn’t from the South, would have hard time recruiting ... that isnt the issue.
So the ole narrative that the sports writers would have used “you can’t hire a HFC at Miss State and fire him after 2 years because no coach in his right mind would take that job after that “ is now out the window.
So John you actually have a mulligan. But if you wait until after 2020 or 2021 and it’s not much better then it’s 100% on you.
Like I said you are getting a free do over and a mulligan , take advantage of it and don’t **** it up

TrapGame
10-28-2019, 10:10 AM
If Joe beats Arkansas and Ole Miss, he will be back next year. Whether he should be back or not, we don't fire coaches that go 6-6 in a year that was supposed to be a "relative" down year, and in which case the best player on the defense, and probably the most important player on the defense, and then some key backups, are suspended for 8 games. I would normally call it ridiculous that you would even contemplate a coach being fired after 6-6, but if we get to 6 wins, it will be the least impressive six wins in a season I have ever seen a MSU team have a chance to acquire.

That said, if he gets to 6, just start hoping for Joe to kill it in recruiting and to also get some coaching help this off season, because he will be back next year if he gets to 6.

But this also takes into account that Joe wants to come back. He's trying not to look like a failure to keep his coaching stock up enough to be approachable by other programs. Even if we somehow make it to 6-6 I think Joe moves on. He knows he's not cut out for the SEC.

Commercecomet24
10-28-2019, 10:13 AM
Everyone missed on this hire. No one outside of MSU said this was a bad hire not even an “iffy” hire.. he was possible the next big thing in the coaching ranks . Would be at MSU 3-4 and then get a big time gig.
And those that were skeptical and I don’t remember if any were because of the wrong reasons. Wasn’t from the South, would have hard time recruiting ... that isnt the issue.
So the ole narrative that the sports writers would have used “you can’t hire a HFC at Miss State and fire him after 2 years because no coach in his right mind would take that job after that “ is now out the window.
So John you actually have a mulligan. But if you wait until after 2020 or 2021 and it’s not much better then it’s 100% on you.
Like I said you are getting a free do over and a mulligan , take advantage of it and don’t **** it up

This.

Coursesuper
10-28-2019, 10:26 AM

This is the correct line of thought.

BeardoMSU
10-28-2019, 10:34 AM

THIS^^^

PMDawg
10-28-2019, 11:30 AM

Just horrible backwards thinking. Why would 6 wins be some magic number? Whether he wins 4, 5 or 6, do you really expect that to make a difference in excitement level for next season? Does it change the confidence level in Moorhead? No! To anyone who knows jack about football, this is settled. He's a failure. Time to move on.

The real question is how big are Cohen's nuts? If they're tiny, he'll try to keep Joe to prove he wasn't wrong. Otherwise, he's seen all he needs to see and he'll send him packing. Plain and simple.

Johnson85
10-28-2019, 12:45 PM
Just horrible backwards thinking. Why would 6 wins be some magic number? Whether he wins 4, 5 or 6, do you really expect that to make a difference in excitement level for next season? Does it change the confidence level in Moorhead? No! To anyone who knows jack about football, this is settled. He's a failure. Time to move on.

The real question is how big are Cohen's nuts? If they're tiny, he'll try to keep Joe to prove he wasn't wrong. Otherwise, he's seen all he needs to see and he'll send him packing. Plain and simple.

Getting to 6 will make some small amount of difference in the excitement level. And I agree it's somewhat ridiculous that 6 would be some magic number. The only reason six is even a possibility is that we have had a ridiculously easy schedule for an SEC W team, so it shouldn't really matter if he gets to six. Much more relevant is that we looked horrible in swing games in 2018 (particularly at the parts that our HC is supposed to be responsible for) and we looked worse in 2019 while losing two games we shouldn't have and not competing in several others. That said, real life is ridiculous sometimes, and I think 6 being a "magic" number, combined with tutor gate and the gaps left by Mullen would result in Moorhead getting another year. I think it's a moot issue though as based on our current trajectory, we're probably not beating Arky and UM, and may lose to both.

PMDawg
10-28-2019, 01:27 PM
Getting to 6 will make some small amount of difference in the excitement level. And I agree it's somewhat ridiculous that 6 would be some magic number. The only reason six is even a possibility is that we have had a ridiculously easy schedule for an SEC W team, so it shouldn't really matter if he gets to six. Much more relevant is that we looked horrible in swing games in 2018 (particularly at the parts that our HC is supposed to be responsible for) and we looked worse in 2019 while losing two games we shouldn't have and not competing in several others. That said, real life is ridiculous sometimes, and I think 6 being a "magic" number, combined with tutor gate and the gaps left by Mullen would result in Moorhead getting another year. I think it's a moot issue though as based on our current trajectory, we're probably not beating Arky and UM, and may lose to both.

We are in agreement here. As a matter of fact, I fully EXPECT to lose both.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-28-2019, 01:47 PM
JoMo is playing to get fired so he can get his buy out and take the Rutgers job.

Ari Gold
10-28-2019, 03:09 PM
JoMo is playing to get fired so he can get his buy out and take the Rutgers job.

Unless we really ****ed up his contract which knowing us we did , he can’t get a HC gig and still get the full buyout
OC job yes , head coach Job mo .. or at least that’s how it better be drawn up

Coursesuper
10-28-2019, 03:35 PM
Unless we really ****ed up his contract which knowing us we did , he can?t get a HC gig and still get the full buyout
OC job yes , head coach Job mo .. or at least that?s how it better be drawn up

If that contract is that bad, there will be a bunch of people ducking for cover when the inevitable happens.

Really Clark?
10-28-2019, 04:23 PM
Unless we really ****ed up his contract which knowing us we did , he can’t get a HC gig and still get the full buyout
OC job yes , head coach Job mo .. or at least that’s how it better be drawn up

If he leaves for another HC job, his buyout is less than $2MIL paid to us. He doesn’t get money from us

Coursesuper
10-28-2019, 04:29 PM
If he leaves for another HC job, his buyout is less than $2MIL paid to us. He doesn’t get money from us

That's not what he's talking about, he's insinuating that if he's fired and gets a new gig he won't get the full payment. And he's not going to be hired away as a head guy buy any other school.

Really Clark?
10-28-2019, 04:31 PM
That's not what he's talking about, he's insinuating that if he's fired and gets a new gig he won't get the full payment. And he's not going to be hired away as a head guy buy any other school.

My bad. Mis-read it.

Coursesuper
10-28-2019, 04:33 PM
My bad. Mis-read it.

No problem. It happens.

War Machine Dawg
10-28-2019, 04:59 PM
Everyone missed on this hire. No one outside of MSU said this was a bad hire not even an ?iffy? hire.. he was possible the next big thing in the coaching ranks . Would be at MSU 3-4 and then get a big time gig.
And those that were skeptical and I don?t remember if any were because of the wrong reasons. Wasn?t from the South, would have hard time recruiting ... that isnt the issue.
So the ole narrative that the sports writers would have used ?you can?t hire a HFC at Miss State and fire him after 2 years because no coach in his right mind would take that job after that ? is now out the window.
So John you actually have a mulligan. But if you wait until after 2020 or 2021 and it?s not much better then it?s 100% on you.
Like I said you are getting a free do over and a mulligan , take advantage of it and don?t **** it up

https://media.giphy.com/media/oxLpLI0eNf3Wg/giphy.gif