PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else been watching the WS?

Randolph Dupree
10-27-2019, 09:10 PM
This has been a damn good series. Verlander was a little disappointing the other night but outside of that the starting pitching has been nasty. Was really looking forward to seeing Mad Max and Cole go back at it tonight.

parabrave
10-27-2019, 09:24 PM
Yep. Thought the Astros would take it in 5. But nope. Except for game 2 its been a good series.

RougeDawg
10-27-2019, 09:28 PM
Yes. Have not missed a pitch. Damn good series. Stros finally getting back to their normal selves. Hit below their season average the first two series and won. Slightly above their season average this series, last 3 in particular.

Dude who took Thordans HR off the chest in the 2nd will get paid. No doubt he will be on a commercial one day soon.

Commercecomet24
10-27-2019, 09:29 PM
Yep ain't nothing like October baseball. Been well played by both teams especially defensively some great defensive plays both sides. Love the way the Astros play so hard. Love altuve. Hope it goes 7, nothing better than game 7 of a World Series!

Randolph Dupree
10-27-2019, 09:30 PM
I haven't been this into a WS in years. Other than last night (missed the game), I've hardly missed a pitch. Cole is filthy tonight.

Commercecomet24
10-27-2019, 09:32 PM
I haven't been this into a WS in years. Other than last night (missed the game), I've hardly missed a pitch. Cole is filthy tonight.

Some great starters in this series. Cole, Scherzer, Verlander, Strasbourg. The urquidy kid pitched great last night , just really good baseball!

Todd4State
10-27-2019, 09:36 PM
The Nats messed up when they were practicing getting the stage ready for the World Series Trophy presentation before game three.

Ezsoil
10-27-2019, 09:49 PM
I went to game one and I'll be at game six....it's so intense on every pitch ...nobody leaves their seats during an inning

lawdawg
10-27-2019, 09:53 PM
Dude who took Thordans HR off the chest in the 2nd will get paid. No doubt he will be on a commercial one day soon.

But with both hands free, couldn?t make the catch...

Dude looked like Happy Gilmore in the batting cage.

Really Clark?
10-27-2019, 09:55 PM
I love postseason baseball but this has been fun. Great starting pitchers but some explosive offense. Great defense as well

Todd4State
10-27-2019, 10:07 PM
I went to game one and I'll be at game six....it's so intense on every pitch ...nobody leaves their seats during an inning

Being at a World Series game is incredible. I went to Game one in 2011 and Game three in 2013 in St. Louis. I wish I could say I was at Game 6 and 7 in 2011 but that would be like the 400K MSU fans that were at MSU/Alabama 1980.

Anyway when Allen Craig got the go ahead hit in 2011 that was the loudest I have ever heard a stadium get. And yes- I have been to LSU for a football game many times. The place was absolutely shaking.

2013 was weird because that game ended on an obstruction call and there was a discussion with the umpires and no one really knew what the umpires were going to rule until the fireworks went off.

Commercecomet24
10-27-2019, 10:09 PM
I love postseason baseball but this has been fun. Great starting pitchers but some explosive offense. Great defense as well

There really isn't anything quite like post season baseball especially the World Series.

Really Clark?
10-27-2019, 10:12 PM
There really isn't anything quite like post season baseball especially the World Series.

Agreed

RougeDawg
10-28-2019, 12:37 AM

You are correct. October baseball is the best time of the year for any sport. Fun to watch and hear about the history.

The next best part is learning the players and how they got there. The Altuve story is about as good as it gets in sports.

Eta. George Springer overcoming his stuttering and starting a foundation for it, is another. If anyone want to look it up. Stros played a game in Anaheim earlier this year. During BP a kid was out in outfield with a sign that George was his inspiration. Kid has a stuttering problem. George went out and took pictures with the kid and signed autographs. He is a good guy.

Most of the Astros do community things. They do a firehouse deal where the players go out to Houston firehouses that have their number. Funniest one was Altuve going and putting on all the gear. Looked like a little kid holding the fire hose.

Choctaw Dawg
10-28-2019, 09:56 AM
Ive been partial to the astros since Oswalt played for them, hope they pull it out.

Commercecomet24
10-28-2019, 10:02 AM
You are correct. October baseball is the best time of the year for any sport. Fun to watch and hear about the history.

The next best part is learning the players and how they got there. The Altuve story is about as good as it gets in sports.

Eta. George Springer overcoming his stuttering and starting a foundation for it, is another. If anyone want to look it up. Stros played a game in Anaheim earlier this year. During BP a kid was out in outfield with a sign that George was his inspiration. Kid has a stuttering problem. George went out and took pictures with the kid and signed autographs. He is a good guy.

Most of the Astros do community things. They do a firehouse deal where the players go out to Houston firehouses that have their number. Funniest one was Altuve going and putting on all the gear. Looked like a little kid holding the fire hose.

Agree with everything, Very well said! I have so many fond memories of October baseball from when i was a kid and rushing home from school to watch those early afternoon playoff games to now watching the games with my boys. Baseball gets in your blood like no other sport.

I love watching the Astros play. They are extremely talented but the great part is they are fundamentally sound in all they do. All the little things and big things they do correctly 99% of the time. Hitting the cutoffs, taking the extra base, sacrificing, etc., they play the game the way it's supposed to be played and it's fun to watch.